PDA

View Full Version : mustang 5.0 or go with ninja 600rr

894ws
03-18-2010, 11:06 PM
i know il prolly get flamed for this but what do you guys think: i have my 87 mustang 5.0 converted to maf, 3.73 gears, gt40 intake bbk headers and off road h pipe and flowmasters, bored .30 over 302,aftermarket head and tailights,and some more stuff... and i have a guy that wants to trade me his 2006 kawasaki ninja 600rr with 8000 miles, aftermarket exhaust and brakes. my question is do you think it would be a good trade or is it too good to be true or some insight. and what do i look for in a bike by the way this would be my first bike

MrRline2010
03-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Id think about the practicality unless this is a project car your looking to trade. Bikes are dangerous with shitty drivers in az and no trunk or storage can be a negative. Also isn't the ninja kindda a panzy version of a performance motorcycle

894ws
03-19-2010, 03:01 AM
well my mustang is my daily driver but i only drive like two miles so its not to bad and im single so dont have to worry about anyone else driving with me or any luggage and i still have my prelude. i dont know if the ninja is a wussy bike its a zx 6rr wich is supposed to be the better version of the ninjas, also this will be my first bike so i dont really want anything more than a 750cc

MrRline2010
03-19-2010, 03:32 AM
Still say having a car is a good thing but if you want a bike go for it. I tend to think of practicality more than others.

EFinLove
03-19-2010, 03:56 AM
I got 2 bikes , and i got rid of my car because my girl had one, now that we are not together , i wish i had a car because not every girl i meet want to get on the back of a bike. if this helps ok if not then its your choice. If you want a bike as a toy save up some money and buy one while you have a car. If you are trying to save money on gas and really dont care about anything ellse then go for the bike. Yes they are dangerous but it also depends on how well you react and how alert you are. I have been riding for 4 years, and have been down 3 times, still get up every morning and get on it. because thats what i like to do. I would like to get a car just so i can go get groceries now. but those are the things you have to think about. Good luck and safe riding

Nott_Sure
03-19-2010, 04:50 AM
good trade on your part

MrRline2010
03-19-2010, 05:52 AM
I got 2 bikes , and i got rid of my car because my girl had one, now that we are not together , i wish i had a car because not every girl i meet want to get on the back of a bike. if this helps ok if not then its your choice. If you want a bike as a toy save up some money and buy one while you have a car. If you are trying to save money on gas and really dont care about anything ellse then go for the bike. Yes they are dangerous but it also depends on how well you react and how alert you are. I have been riding for 4 years, and have been down 3 times, still get up every morning and get on it. because thats what i like to do. I would like to get a car just so i can go get groceries now. but those are the things you have to think about. Good luck and safe riding

well there is always that one time that you just might not get up. That alone should make it ehhhh for you.

korax123
03-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Have you ever ridden a bike before??? You would have to be very careful with a Zx6 as a first bike.
But in reallity you can probably sell the bike for more cash then your car. I ride my slow Ninja 250r to work almost everyday in the summer time if you can put up with the heat. And you won't save that much money on gas the Zx6 gets about 35-45mpg if I remember right. There is a lot more maintenance in bike and the tires usually last less then 10,000 miles and there not cheap to replace.

And the guy that said its the panzy version you can be thinking of the Ninja 650r its a 2 cyllinder sport touring'ish bike. It looks like a sports bike but has a more upright seating position.

PandaBear
03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
:bigok: do it! you still have the lude for the rainy days and the daily grind.That bike will get your rocks off doing 160 down the freeway on the weekend

The God Damn Batman
03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
as much as i hate to say it.. keep the mustang..
We dont need anymore young guys killed on bikes, literally cuts your life expectancy in half.

no matter how good your reaction time is, your not gonna be able to stop (without getting injuried) if some car pulls out in front of you at a close distance. lost one of my friends this way.

Its your call, but if you get the bike.. be safe.

slowmedown
03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
its hard trying to live with just a motorcycle need a car at times to get around. better off keeping the stang and saving for a bike as a weekend toy IMO