PDA

View Full Version : Arizona State Overtime Laws?

Rzarectah
03-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know the rules and regs on Arizona's overtime laws? Im on salary and on rare occasions i have to work 80hr+/weeks, during these times i end up getting screwed big time on my checks. I heard that after "X" amount of hours worked i am entitled overtime pay regardless of hourly rate/salary. Is this true or am i getting lied to while getting screwed on my checks?

civil
03-20-2010, 07:29 AM
If your salary.. You don't receive OT. Salary pay ftl :smackself:

Rzarectah
03-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Thats exactly what i thought too but i guess there are two types of salaries, one being "exempt" and the other not. Whatever that means...

6thgen
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
do you have to work the extra hours?

Rzarectah
03-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Yeah its mandatory work

BigJsaid
03-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Thats exactly what i thought too but i guess there are two types of salaries, one being "exempt" and the other not. Whatever that means...
i think i found someting
http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/fairpay/main.htm

then on this one you can call and ask a bitch lol
http://articles.directorym.com/Employee_Rights_to_Overtime_Pay_Arizona-r935335-Arizona.html

ICD
03-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Few questions. Are you salary?where do you work?are you union?

Rzarectah
03-20-2010, 07:55 AM
i think i found someting
http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/fairpay/main.htm

then on this one you can call and ask a bitch lol
http://articles.directorym.com/Employee_Rights_to_Overtime_Pay_Arizona-r935335-Arizona.html

Ill look into this, the fairpay thing may be able to help me out

Few questions. Are you salary?where do you work?are you union?

Yes i am salary, i work for an ethanol plant in maricopa, no not union.

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-20-2010, 10:30 AM
If you are salary you dont get overtime--my friends mom works at frys she is a manager she works 80+ hours a week and doesnt get over time--

that one guy
03-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Why don't you ask your boss or place of employment, not AZHT.

teemfedx
03-20-2010, 05:14 PM

i usually turn to azht for all my medical, legal, and financial advice.

6thgen
03-20-2010, 06:16 PM
haha^^^^

true, but some bosses are assholes, very few will actually listen to you. and you know how some places are, especially how shit is right now, you start bringing up money, they just tell you go home and dont come back, seen it happen. hey rza how long have you been workin there?

SNOAH
03-20-2010, 06:49 PM
ha azht solving everyones problems one smart ass comment at a time

6thgen
03-20-2010, 06:56 PM
azht ftw!!

blackouthx
03-20-2010, 09:00 PM
AZ is a right to work state playa. its legit for them to work you as needed, with the economy the way it is I'm sure they wont have trouble finding someone to put in the hours if you're not willing to :)

MrRline2010
03-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Salary means they own you. They can work you as many hours as they feel necessary because they don't' have to pay the overtime. Btw how much you making out there. Any openings?

skar1
03-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Salary means they own you. They can work you as many hours as they feel necessary because they don't' have to pay the overtime. Btw how much you making out there. Any openings?

Very true im not on salary so they complain a lot about ot plus im 1 of the few making over $11/hr so im goin in 4hrs late to work, ill be @ 40 hrs this week. They don't complain if im late or leave early as long as I get my work done so I don't do anything to jeapordize my job especially since im in school and need it atm and they can just replace me for sum1 who will do it for less.

Rzarectah
03-21-2010, 06:06 AM
haha^^^^

true, but some bosses are assholes, very few will actually listen to you. and you know how some places are, especially how shit is right now, you start bringing up money, they just tell you go home and dont come back, seen it happen. hey rza how long have you been workin there?

I have been here for almost 3 years now, according to the Dept Of Labor i am more than likely entitled to OT pay because im not admin or an executive. Now all i need to do is get enough balls to purpose the chance, hoping i dont get canned haha. :lightsword:

Rzarectah
03-21-2010, 06:09 AM

Lol nah no openings right now, we brought our last guy in from the midwest because most people around here dont know whats going on with biofuels

eviilboy
03-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I have been here for almost 3 years now, according to the Dept Of Labor i am more than likely entitled to OT pay because im not admin or an executive. Now all i need to do is get enough balls to purpose the chance, hoping i dont get canned haha. :lightsword:

Coming from the IT world where I was payed for 80, required to work 85-90...

You're SOL... AZ is a right to work state, and if you don't like the conditions of your employment... (Which you agreed to, when you got hired / went salary.) You can complain, but they're not legally obligated to do anything for you other than can you if they don't like the way you approach that situation.

Best of luck to you.