PDA

View Full Version : fuuuuuuu anyone else see this yet?

honduh_head
03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/community/northvalley/articles/2010/03/25/20100325phoenix-motorcycle-crash-abrk.html

At least three people were dead after a dump truck slammed into a group of motorcycles Thursday afternoon at 27th Drive and Carefree Highway in north Phoenix.

Eight motorcycles carrying at least nine people were stopped at a stop light when the large truck apparently hit them from behind, Phoenix police spokesman Luis Samudio said. Three bodies were pinned under the truck.

Tania Krukoff, an employee at a nearby Walgreen's, said she was returning from a nearby gas station when she came upon the accident and talked to the driver of the truck.

"He was in shock," Krukoff said. "He (said) he wasn't paying attention, just shuffling with his paperwork."

Six people more were taken to local hospitals, one of them being a Phoenix fire captain, Samudio said. That firefighter was taken into surgery.

After the accident the Blue Sky Sanitation truck was smoking, and popping could be heard before it burst into flames. Witnesses saved at least two people who were near the truck when it caught fire by pulling them to safety. Motorcycles were said to be spread out 20 to 30 yards behind the truck.

A medical helicopter landed at least twice to transfer victims to the hospital.

After the truck hit the motorcycles, the truck burst into flames and hit a sports-utility vehicle, a pickup and a sedan. No one from any of those vehicles was injured, Daisy Mountain Fire Department spokesman Phil Dyer said.

The driver of the truck was not injured. Officials said there were no initial signs of impairment. The Carefree Highway was expected to be closed for several hours.

Lynn McDowell, also a Walgreen's employee, ran out with other employees to help.

"I grabbed all the water I could and took blankets because there were bodies everywhere," McDowell said. "It was horrible."

The truck driver, she said, "got out of the truck and tried to help the people under the truck.''

"The flames were so high you couldn't get close," she reported. She and others took fire extinguishers from Walgreen's to try to extinguish the flames.

Jarrod Cook owns Ketzal Mexican Grill near the scene. He said he has closed his shop for the day because of the accident.

All six that was transported are in critical condition. At least 50 firefighters and two ladder crews responded to the scene.

No further details were expected for several hours as the vehicular crimes unit investigates.

Pics:

http://i.azcentral.com/i/sized/B/0/B/e298/j350/PHP4BABDA3E10B0B.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354595.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354594.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354593.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354568.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354560.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354556.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354558.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354503.jpg

http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/354604.jpg

honduh_head
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
the online story says 3 ppl dead, but the video say 5. and 5 or 6 in critical condition.

like seriously how do you rear end 10 bikes at once?

eG_lOve
03-25-2010, 06:27 PM
WOW OMG!!! how devastating!

ripps520
03-25-2010, 06:30 PM
o wow thats sad.

xxpapabearxx
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
People are stupid and have no respect for riders any more that is why I stopped riding after over 15 years of riding... That's thanks to stupid fucks in Cali... I do admit that there are some dumb shit riders that make people wanna hate those of us who are normal riders... My bones don't heal as fast any more so I sold my bikes... I miss it tho...

mr.lsvtec
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
man thats terrible

honduh_head
03-25-2010, 06:35 PM
i cant even imagine what the driver is feeling right now. yeah he fucked up baaaad but damn thats some shit to have on your conscious.

xxpapabearxx
03-25-2010, 06:37 PM
^^^ yeah no kidding... I miss my bike but when I see these things I'm glad I sold them...

DeeDub
03-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Damn that's crazy

jdmrex1
03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Fuck that sucks! Sucks for the victims and the truck driver!
I'm pretty sure it was unintentional but dam that's fucked up!

SED
03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
i've been watching on the news....... very tragic. i can't even imagine no being able to help someone in that knid of situation.

Dead Bird
03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
My mom saw this in Florida and texted me as soon as she did to make sure I wasn't somehow hurt in it.

I didn't text her back right away so she freaked out for a second.

It's about a 3 minute drive from my house to the scene of the accident. idk.

honduh_head
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
for real, my first thought was ok who in my family owns a bike...well nobody so we should be ok.

my heart goes out to all the families effected by this though.

GunnRulF
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
yea dude in the dump truck said that he wasnt "paying attention"

jdis
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Now you know why we are so up tight when we are on the road. Nobody sees us.

xxpapabearxx
03-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Damn that company and more than likely the dude await some really hard times, besides him having to live with it which is prolly the worst part of all...

Sound=vibration
03-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Being a rider myself this pisses me off. No one pays attention to riders. Everyone needs to take a second look and the dumb riders need to be more attentive. Heart goes out to the families of all who were injured.. or killed

BDEG
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
:frown: :(

AZ gangsta
03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
i got stuck right here! i feel bad for the riders and there familys. especially the truck driver !

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr215/karenab25/ouch.jpg

Mr Rukas
03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Damn...My step father rides and I am very close to him. If anything like this would happen to him i'd be devastated...
Fuck tards need to learn to drive. Shuffling papers? Fail.

xxpapabearxx
03-25-2010, 08:17 PM
X100
being a rider myself this pisses me off. No one pays attention to riders. Everyone needs to take a second look and the dumb riders need to be more attentive. Heart goes out to the families of all who were injured.. Or killed

94gay-lude
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
god damn, fuckin dun-zo

DeeDub
03-25-2010, 08:39 PM
now you know why we are so up tight when we are on the road. Nobody sees us.

x2.

ekhatch
03-25-2010, 08:45 PM
wow thats so sad i feel bad for the friends and familys and the ones who died R.I.P.

chambersef8
03-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Initial reports were 5 dead. Last I heard, it was 3 confirmed dead and 6 other injured. One of the injured is reported to be a Phx fire Captain. Very sad.

samu
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Dang, that's crazy, that's one of the reasons I prefer not to rice a bike in the city, only off road.

Is there some kind of bike event today or this weekend??? I'm asking because I keep seen groups of bikes pass by my place on 75th and glendale.

xxpapabearxx
03-25-2010, 09:21 PM
^^^ I've been noticing that too driving from Cali this past sunday... I've been seeing a lot of bikes...

chambersef8
03-25-2010, 09:29 PM
My guess is the weather is bringing them out.

justanother
03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
dang...wow.. anyone that had a ps2 or ps3....go play gta then while u are playing the character ...go and jack 10 bikes..and park it at the redlight in the game..then get a big big truck..and slam it into the bikes.and u will have the result....

chambersef8
03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
:rolleyes:

tuner tommy
03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
damn poor guys... and driver =/

Jdm as whatt?
03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
dang...wow.. anyone that had a ps2 or ps3....go play gta then while u are playing the character ...go and jack 10 bikes..and park it at the redlight in the game..then get a big big truck..and slam it into the bikes.and u will have the result....

that isnt even funny bro. shit isnt a video game

nosfedb18
03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
that looks like carnage.

justanother
03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
that isnt even funny bro. shit isnt a video game
i am not making fun of it bro... but it the same concept ....

sohcisme
03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Very sad.Poor guys. I used to drive right there everyday for months when we where doing the electrical work in that mountanside fitness.

hotwheelcivic
03-26-2010, 12:20 AM
That's something you wouldn't want to wish on anyone.

bb4arson
03-26-2010, 12:24 AM
burned to death ?

JDMitation
03-26-2010, 09:39 AM
burned to death ?

pinned under the truck as it burned :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

ashtonsturboser
03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
it wasnt the fact that he wasnt paying attention to RIDERS, did you not read, he not only hit the bikes, he hit 3 other vehicles with them. he didnt see the light was red and careemed right into all of them including the other cars in front of the bikes.

You RIDERS take this as a shot to you guys, when in fact it wasnt just bikes involved. People dont pay attention all the time which not only results in bikes getting hit but almost every other car accident out there.

This is not one of those cases where he wasnt paying attention to RIDERS.

Anyways my prayers go out to the families.

The driver will probably get several counts of involuntary man-slaughter and do hard time.

auex
03-26-2010, 11:34 AM
The driver will probably get several counts of involuntary man-slaughter and do hard time.

He better. Driving a commercial vehicle like that and not paying attention is fucking retarded to say the least.

Dead Bird
03-26-2010, 11:34 AM
it wasnt the fact that he wasnt paying attention to RIDERS, did you not read, he not only hit the bikes, he hit 3 other vehicles with them. he didnt see the light was red and careemed right into all of them including the other cars in front of the bikes.

You RIDERS take this as a shot to you guys, when in fact it wasnt just bikes involved. People dont pay attention all the time which not only results in bikes getting hit but almost every other car accident out there.

Exactly.

Now I have nothing against, and I'm sure Ashton has nothing against Motorcycle drivers. I know I personally either slow down when I see one in behind me so he can be in front of me and be seen easier so I don't have to worry about changing lanes and accidentally hitting him in my blind spot. But this accident didn't happen because he wasn't being a careful enough driver around Motorcycles. It happened because he wasn't paying attention in general and the bikes unfortunately happened to be in his path of destruction.

AZ_CIVIC
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM

I don't know about doing hard time, if the guy was drunk or on drugs or speeding maybe. The reason people died was because they were on motorcycles, if it was only cars no one would have died. The guy's company and maybe himself will have major lawsuits.

Dead Bird
03-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't know about doing hard time, if the guy was drunk or on drugs or speeding maybe. The reason people died was because they were on motorcycles, if it was only cars no one would have died. The guy's company and maybe himself will have major lawsuits.

But the fact is they died, and he was responsible according to the law for it.

ashtonsturboser
03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
yeah nothing against motorcycles, i do the same thing when i see riders. If its a crotch rocket then i will sometimes just race them hahah, but if just cruising then yeah im extra cautious about making lane changes.

But i just found it funny how the RIDAZ took this as a all out blow to their pride and ego. hahahaha.

Im sure the company is in for some huge lawsuits as well. Not a fun situation at all for anyone.

ashtonsturboser
03-26-2010, 11:44 AM

doesnt matter, Thats why its called Involuntary Manslaughter lol. He will probably get some time. Just like if your racing someone and they wreck and crash even though you didnt cause it you can get charged with it.

This wasnt an accident that was the motorcycle riders fault as it would be if someone stepped out in front of you and got hit and killed. Thats just an accident and caused by the person that got hit.

g2integy
03-26-2010, 11:44 AM
I feel sorry for the people who passed and their families. I don't feel bad for the truck driver in my book he is a fucking idiot that shouldn't be able to drive. Ride Safe

usdm420
03-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't feel bad for that driver one bit. He even admitted he wasn't paying attention while driving a huge ass work vehicle. He should get jail time, that fucking moron.

OhDang
03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
my friend's mom knew some of the riders :(

91DA9
03-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Shit I think one of them might have been my old neighbor. We used to live in apartments over there, about a half block from that intersection. His name was Carlo, rode a blue chopper with silver flames down the gas tank and tail. Pretty sure that one in the pictures is his....

kurs
03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
^^^ yeah no kidding... I miss my bike but when I see these things I'm glad I sold them...

so you think if all 9 people were crammed in a suburban the number would have been different? i bet theyed of all died.

g2integy
03-26-2010, 02:15 PM
so you think if all 9 people were crammed in a suburban the number would have been different? i bet theyed of all died.

I doubt that , older suburbans are built like tanks and come with seat belts.

kurs
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
I doubt that , older suburbans are built like tanks and come with seat belts.

thats another argument i love. if they were so fucking safe then why have they changed. go lookup videos on odl car crash test vs new car crash test. ya thered be less damage to the older suburban but NOT the occupants. did you even look at what hit the bikes man? i wouldnt want to be in a bomb shelter that things aimed at. Does anyone know how fast he was going? shits fucked up:devil:

this might be to far for some so dont read.

when this masive block of steal slams into the back two bikes they push forward into the next two pushing them into the next and naturally there gonna start pushing sideways and out of the path of destruction. now nine people in an old suburban. every single person in the vehicle goes from a dead stop to what like 10 tons hitting you at 40 miles an hour. the vehcle is steal and isnt going to absorb a bit of that impact your gonna have torn internal broken necks and probably burned alive after the truck ignited while you suffer from your already fatal wounds.

g2integy
03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
thats another argument i love. if they were so fucking safe then why have they changed. go lookup videos on odl car crash test vs new car crash test. ya thered be less damage to the older suburban but NOT the occupants. did you even look at what hit the bikes man? i wouldnt want to be in a bomb shelter that things aimed at. Does anyone know how fast he was going? shits fucked up:devil:

I was one of the first comenters on az 15 news same screen name as here. I saw all the pictures and yeah that is a big truck wouldnt want to be in any vehical that was hit by that.
Tomorrow I have to go to a biker friends memorial who passed away and this will most likely be spoken about. Sad very sad :cry:

xxpapabearxx
03-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Does anyone in here have a law degree?.. I doubt it, although some are right on what they say others just see the word "slaughter" or "Killed" and automatically think that means hard time... I was a sheriff, have a law degree and currently going for another one but doesn't really mean shit... When I say some where right, I mean if it is Involuntary Manslaughter alone he might not even get any jail time, but because he admitted to not paying attention something might happen but definately not hard time unless he was under some kind of influence then it goes from Involuntary Manslaughter to negligent manslaughter/homocide... This is why people should get educated before they speak of things they might not know about... Not calling anyone out, or saying anyone is stupid, ignorant or anything like that, I just study the laws a lot because of all the bullshit happening now in days...

civic_ls_vtec
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM
I hate those types of idiots

teemfedx
03-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Does anyone in here have a law degree?

doubtful, but this is the internet, you dont need one, just a keyboard.

thanks for the good info though.

xxpapabearxx
03-26-2010, 05:19 PM
doubtful, but this is the internet, you dont need one, just a keyboard.

thanks for the good info though.

:this-guy:LMFAO... That is true tho... That' why I said my degrees don't mean shit... LOL...

honduh_head
03-26-2010, 07:26 PM
good posting papabear

xxpapabearxx
03-26-2010, 08:40 PM
^^^ Thanks... I finally got to make use of my degree... LMFAO...

slowmedown
03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
hate seeing motorcyclists killed because dumb asses dont pay attention

dhawkins
03-27-2010, 10:31 AM
That's horrible

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Man this is horrible =[ i lost my uncle due to a girl not paying attention and hitting him while he was on his bike =[ people dont understand that when your driving you cant just pay attention to what your doing, you need to pay attention to ur surroundings and what the other drivers around you are doing..i hope the people who survived are doing ok and RIP to those you didnt make it..at least they are in a better place now.

efpower
03-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I swear to fucking god! I see people driving like fucking assholes around bike all the time. I seriously want to slam my car into those people. Most times I feel like the only person on the road who actually has consideration when bikes are around. This shit makes me sick. How fucking long was this guy not looking at the road to hit that many people? fuck man, bullshit.

SINGLESLAMMERSI
03-28-2010, 12:48 PM
I swear to fucking god! I see people driving like fucking assholes around bike all the time. I seriously want to slam my car into those people. Most times I feel like the only person on the road who actually has consideration when bikes are around. This shit makes me sick. How fucking long was this guy not looking at the road to hit that many people? fuck man, bullshit.

Yeah people dont pay attention to bikes, which is horrible...but this didnt happen because he wasnt paying attention to the bikers, he hit other people to...its not just about the bikes, even though they are the ones who lost their lives =[ he wasnt paying attention to anything

sikz6
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
pinned under the truck as it burned :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

that's gotta be the worst way to go. i'd rather die from the impact. heart goes out to all the families

parahelium
03-29-2010, 09:29 PM
this sucks...

dE.fUsEd
03-30-2010, 03:57 PM
wow, what a mess. :(

kguerrero
03-30-2010, 11:17 PM
that shit was so sad how do u not see that many bikes in front of you wtf

xxpapabearxx
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
so homeboy is fucked... He was caught driving impaired and was arrested after the accident he was released pending blood test and it came back that he was high on meth at the time of the accident, so like I had stated earlier, he will be charged with manslaughter for the ones who died and different counts for the ones that were hurt... He's fucked...