PDA

View Full Version : need advise or great knowledge!

tjEG8
03-29-2010, 01:57 PM
ok soo this morning i wake up to pounding on my door, look out the window and what do I see? a sheriff. now, i began to think why the hell is this guy here? well i go out and he asked for my parents names and my name i asked what it was about..he tells me i cannot tell you but when do they get home? so i said my dad will be home around 4 he said ok ill see u then.. and i walked back inside, well then as im about to go back to sleep..theres the pounding again. soo then he says have you been dumping trash illegally? and the other day out in the middle of this desert by my house I did (which BTW people have been dumping in for years) and there are no posted signs anywhere that say no dumping. well anyways he was like yeah thats how i found you because there was a peice of mail in it. soo anyways i was paper arrested (not proud at all) and charged with a class 2 misdemeanor ARS 13-1603

now heres where my question lies.. im 17 and about to be 18 in 3 weeks
ive heard from some sources the charges may just be dropped and from others that it will carry on? and can anyone find me more info on fines etc? ive looked and looked and looked with no luck

BlownspeakerBoX
03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
sounds like your in a pickle. have you spoke to a lawyer??

bumpstick
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
If you have a clean record, go to court, tell the judge you're sorry, and beg for an alternative form of punishment that will end in an expungement/no fine or dropping the charge to a class 1. ask for community service picking up trash lol. Not that it really matters though since misdemeanors are not serious even if it follows you.

Dead Bird
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
From everything I've ever delt with concerning the judicial system of our US Government, speak with a lawyer!
It's free for most consultations, and they'll give you better advice than most anybody here almsot guaranteed.

tjEG8
03-29-2010, 02:30 PM
yeah i was told to ask for community service. i just am in a very tight financial squeeze therefor no moneyz to pay fines
soo ive been on edge all day worrying how this will go down

tjEG8
03-29-2010, 02:31 PM
and true on the lawyer.. but to be quite honest dont have the time, got school and work for the most part all damn week

hatch91
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
lol you should of told the cop to go fuck himself

GunnRulF
03-29-2010, 02:39 PM
why are you dumping trash in the desert for anyways?

even if there isnt any signs... you probably throw all your trash out the car window too?

Fix.it.again.Tony
03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
true that, if there were not any signs saying no dumping then why would they come knock on your door?

tjEG8
03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
no i dont actually. it was after a night of drinking and the dump is quite a ways from my house so my friend gave me the idea and it sounded good at the time

GunnRulF
03-29-2010, 02:49 PM
:facepalm:

ICD
03-29-2010, 02:56 PM
no i dont actually. it was after a night of drinking and the dump is quite a ways from my house so my friend gave me the idea and it sounded good at the time

So you're underage(17) and drinking. And your worried about the dumping fine. You also said how wouldn't have time to talk to a lawyer but you have time to go out and drink? Am I getting this right?

If it's not a dump why throw trash there?

Dead Bird
03-29-2010, 03:29 PM
So you're underage(17) and drinking. And your worried about the dumping fine. You also said how wouldn't have time to talk to a lawyer but you have time to go out and drink? Am I getting this right?

If it's not a dump why throw trash there?

I know!
Especially since it takes all of 5-15 minutes to make the call more than likely.

VTECin5th
03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I give you props for being honest but dumping sucks. I can't offer any legal advice. I've never heard of anyone getting tracked down. I probably would've said "no, there's a guy who comes and picks our cans out of the trash, he probably took our bags and threw the rest in the desert" but it's too late for that now.

tjEG8
03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
i didnt go out. my mom said i could have a few drinks dont act like ur parents never let u have a sip or so when u were younger. and it wasnt until today that this happend soo therefor no time to call lawyer when ive been busy running errands

teemfedx
03-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I give you props for being honest

x2.

i am nearly positive (as long and you havnt gotten into too much trouble as a teen) a judge or some type of magistrate will give you a fine and or community service and or some class. i wouldnt sweat it...

tjEG8
03-29-2010, 10:48 PM
ya this is my first offence.
im usually never this wreckless with my actions soo im not sweatin it to bad just dont want to go to jail or have a outstanding fine

ICD
03-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Why not ask your mom?

Either way hope you get a fine or community service so next you throw something out the window you know what can happen

IS-Frank
03-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Even though there are no signs posted for "no dumping" its still illegal couse its littering....

.and also u don't have time to call a lawyer couse ur to busy running erands and stuff...but by some chance you still have time to log on here and post this threadand ask this question with people that have little or no legal experiance at all instead of askin a legal expert?

jakellama123
03-30-2010, 03:55 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/6gboko.jpg

ICD
03-30-2010, 05:52 PM
^^
One of the best I've seen in a while lol

efpower
03-30-2010, 05:55 PM
This sounds more like littering to me and not dumping.

gunsup0331
03-30-2010, 06:49 PM
If you have a clean record, go to court, tell the judge you're sorry, and beg for an alternative form of punishment that will end in an expungement/no fine or dropping the charge to a class 1. ask for community service picking up trash lol. Not that it really matters though since misdemeanors are not serious even if it follows you.
this. Get it off your record

gunsup0331
03-30-2010, 06:57 PM
btw ppl like you is what shuts down public land for recreation.
quit being a fucking tard k thx

Nate_AP1
03-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Not sure why people come to AZHT for legal advice.

You fucked up at least twice.

1. Dumped shit in the woods... dont do that

2. You as a minor spoke to the police as a representative of the household.
Not sure what you told them, but apparently it was enough to get you charged with something.
"My parents are not home, you will need to talk to them sir" should have been your response to everything he asked you.

tjEG8
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
wasnt in the woods.. but still i know littering is littering.
2. didnt think of that especially because i was tired as hell and scared shitless once i knew that that cop had found out.
3. did speak to a lawyer today as it being my day off and he told me to be very polite in court and ask for community service and possibly write an essay on littering?

tjEG8
03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
btw ppl like you is what shuts down public land for recreation.
quit being a fucking tard k thx
and BTW I did it ONE time and not ever doing it again so dont act like i do this shit constantly to fuck the environment and public land.
we all make dumbass mistakes through life some are just more severe then others

bb4arson
04-01-2010, 02:44 AM
i would have lied and said actually no. and if he would have said
"than whats this" (pulls out paper)
me:i dont know
it has your address on it
me: take it to csi or something sure they could tell you what it is lol

jdis
04-01-2010, 02:51 AM
tell em someone was trying to steal ur ID and they dumped ur mail in the desert!

tjEG8
04-01-2010, 02:05 PM
i would have lied and said actually no. And if he would have said
"than whats this" (pulls out paper)
me:i dont know
it has your address on it
me: Take it to csi or something sure they could tell you what it is lol
rofl