PDA

View Full Version : Sound cuts out when i turn my headlights on????

SiXth GeN *Ej8*
03-31-2010, 10:57 PM
just installed a new deck a few days ago and it works just fine everything works but at night or day when i turn my headlights on the sound goes out the deck itself stays on but audio cuts out and you have to turn the car off for 5 seconds and turn it back on before the sound comes back but only if the headlights are off can anyone help me or know my problem???

bumpstick
04-01-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm guessing you connected the illumination wire? Try disconnecting it.

fRoSt
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
just installed a new deck a few days ago, and it works just fine. everything works at night and day, but when i turn my headlights on, the sound goes out. the deck itself stays on, but audio cuts out and you have to turn the car off for 5 seconds, then turn it back on. the sound comes back only if the headlights are off .can anyone help me or know my problem???

FIXED

didnt really understand wat u said man. gotta get them punctuation in there to clear things up. well from my understanding, i would pull the deck and check all the wiring that u did. make sure that u dont got a short somewhere in there. also make sure that all the wires are covered up, and not touching any type of electrical sources. if u got everything cleared up, then that guy ^^^up there could be right bout it.

SiXth GeN *Ej8*
04-02-2010, 11:54 AM
i have a jvc deck and there is no illumination wire with the harness it came with. And ive checked the wiring probably 8 times no joke and it still occurs. But when i unplug my dimmer switch for my gauges it then works and my headlights can be on with the deck still working so idk wtf the problem is just really want to get it figured out cause driving around without music sucks Balls

fRoSt
04-02-2010, 12:46 PM
well then check for any kind of short that is touching metal in ur car then. cuz there shouldnt be any problem if u installed it right.

auex
04-03-2010, 06:37 AM
My guess would be that you grounded the radio to an illumination wire. Did you use an aftermarket harness or did you hardwire it in?

VTECin5th
04-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Did someone before you run the radio's hot or start wires to the dimmer switch after a fuse blew out or something? I ran some gauges to my dimmer switch in my old car and it caused fluctuations in the gauges and in my cluster.

SiXth GeN *Ej8*
04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
i have just bought the car i have no idea what to or how the wires are wired haha its really weird though, is there anyway you can install a dimmer wire on the deck that i have now because there is an extra wire that i dont have plugged into anything and i think its a dimmer wire now that i think about it plus a couple of audio places say the same thing

VTECin5th
04-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Some decks have a dimmer wire, pull your head unit out and see what the wiring looks like. Take a picture.

SiXth GeN *Ej8*
04-05-2010, 10:08 PM
actually my dads old friend just rewired my whole system today and come to find out whoever wired it before me tied a speakerwire to the stock illumination wire so when i turned my headlights on it was feeding 12 volts of current back to my deck and the deck was like wtf is this and pretty much shuts off so nothing blows out and he figured that out in like 5 minutes of looking at it hahah now it works like a champ