PDA

View Full Version : Economic Change Game..

Hernandez1227
04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
So lemme know if anyone has heard of this err had it done to em..it works after purcashing something and receiving the change.

i work a drive thru and this guy orders his food and pays for it..after paying for it he asks if i can change out some bills for him. so i tell him i can(like dumbass in this economy). so he tells me to change 5 one dollar bills into a $5 bill. so i exchange it. then hes like "gimme a ten.." so i give him his $5 bill and he gives me 4 ones and that $5 bill. then i give him the $10 bill. then hes like you know wha gimme a 20..so i hand him his $10 bill and he counts out a $5 bill and 5 ones. and i exchange it for a $20 bill. then hes like ohh just gimme 5's for that $20 bill. so i exchange it and finally he leaves.

i start to think i might of got scammed..so we count the drawer down and im short $30 dollars on my drawer. :mad: but dont know how it happen through that exchanging.

lemme know if you guys know anything about this err heard about it.

emgee420
04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
i think you should not be in a position where you are handling money

Nachooooosupreme
04-05-2010, 03:45 PM
i think you should not be in a position where you are handling money
for reals! ive heard of ppl doing that. it causes confusion especially when theres alot going on at the time. next time just say no lol
:this-guy:

The God Damn Batman
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
now... since you have now had the time to think of what happned, write this post and see the comments.. as yourself.. did you get scammed? lmao!

i just hope your missing out some things on the story here..

Hernandez1227
04-05-2010, 03:58 PM
for reals! ive heard of ppl doing that. it causes confusion especially when theres alot going on at the time. next time just say no lol
:this-guy:

yeah its a true thing..these people are trained to do it.

my manager had it done to him too but he lost $60! so it is true.

Hernandez1227
04-05-2010, 04:00 PM
now... since you have now had the time to think of what happned, write this post and see the comments.. as yourself.. did you get scammed? lmao!

i just hope your missing out some things on the story here..

i wrote the whole thing as it was..didnt leave out anything or add anything.

The President
04-05-2010, 04:41 PM
sounds a lot like this...
http://www.fraudtech.bizland.com/short_change.htm

infamous91
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
suuuuuuuper scammed and its called a reversie. some of the money you thought he gave you never left his hand.

Hernandez1227
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
^^it is this..and sucks when you get it done to you and know owe your company money.

Hernandez1227
04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
sounds a lot like this...
http://www.fraudtech.bizland.com/short_change.htm

nice find man..thanks.
and it is just like this

PandaBear
04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
when this kind of thing happens just close the register and slow the situation down and think

teemfedx
04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
i did something like this but it was for about 50$ late at night on a friday (like 3am) at the front desk of a hotel. people seem to judge you that you are dumb or not quick enough to see the trick, but when you work in the "customer service industry" you are pushed to always be open to helping guests/customers, and sometimes you try to go to far to help them, and they take advantage of you.

Hernandez1227
04-05-2010, 09:35 PM
well its two different versions. on the link he actually gives you more money when they exchanged bills and then thats where the cashier either catches the mistake or gets confused. if they get confused thats where the con starts.

i dont understand the money not leaving his hand though
yeah..that how i dont understand either. cause in know i ave him the change right. and you think your doing it right but really arent..

i did something like this but it was for about 50$ late at night on a friday (like 3am) at the front desk of a hotel. people seem to judge you that you are dumb or not quick enough to see the trick, but when you work in the "customer service industry" you are pushed to always be open to helping guests/customers, and sometimes you try to go to far to help them, and they take advantage of you.
yeah thats true.

fail. guy that pulled this one on you is pretty smart though. I got lost just reading it.
ha.yeah its confusing

92hatchtuner
04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
did you get written up or anything?

gunsup0331
04-05-2010, 10:41 PM
ive had ppl when looking back im like "wow i think they tried to scam me...." but ive never come up short doing change i always get ALL their money on my side and keep it in a separate spot on the counter then match the dollar amount in my hand.

eviilboy
04-05-2010, 10:58 PM
when this kind of thing happens just close the register and slow the situation down and think

This is exactly what I told my people when I was working on their management of situations at the circle jerk.

If the situation is going too fast, slow it down... Always make sure you're counting out what you receive and what you're giving back.

You're not OBLIGATED to change bills for someone... so if they get pissy that you're taking too long.. more than likely it's cause they're trying to confuse you.

Daddy_Digital
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
he confused u. SUCKER

Hernandez1227
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
did you get written up or anything?

nahh i didnt..cause it happened to my manager before too, so i just have to pay it back

king06
04-06-2010, 11:28 AM
One of my co-workers did this to another co-worker while three other people where watching and giggling like school girls. He gave him his money back.

lil_al
04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
some dude tried to do this to me once i caught it though then i made him stay there till i counted my drawer

Hernandez1227
04-06-2010, 11:33 AM
^^yeah right when he drove to the next window i figure out wha just happened, and told my manager at the next window to stop him through our headsets, but lucky me, he wasnt wearing his. he wore it likea necklace. thanks for his help.

lil_al
04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
hahaha i work in a store and he was on foot lol

Hernandez1227
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
haha..well that woulda been easier to have him wait. he was in the drive thru.

Nachooooosupreme
04-06-2010, 11:52 AM
haha..well that woulda been easier to have him wait. he was in the drive thru.
where do you work so i can come and make some quick cash lol :bunny2:

Hernandez1227
04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
hahaha..i was wondering how long itll be for someone to say that.

ekhatch
04-06-2010, 01:29 PM
haha i should try that but knowing me instead of getting more money back i would be the one losing the money lol