PDA

View Full Version : BULK or are you just cutting

bb4arson
04-05-2010, 03:42 PM
so at the moment who is bulking or cutting ..
im starting my bulk faze . again . i was at 185 pounds than i dropped it to 165 in no time i just stopped drinking and eating healthier and smaller meals. saw all my abs and now i just felt skinny so im 2 weeks in i really dont care if i loose my abs for a little bit im trying to get to 187 than cut slowly to 170
at the moment i am at 173 im 5 ' 11 and my body fat is at 9.1 (it was at 8.8 when i was at 166 2 weeks ago)

pics soon to come

Nachooooosupreme
04-05-2010, 03:47 PM
just work out (cardio and weights), eat right, drink lots of water, and intake lots of protein. you'll see a change in a month.

Medina
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
we share height, but im at 188Lbs fully dry. trying to cut a few pounds (bout 5) but on a pizza diet it aint helping :/
how much you benching?

Mafioso
04-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Only time I hear about talk about bulk and cutting is when they are injected steriods into their ass. DONT GET A SMALL PENIS SIR!

bb4arson
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
just work out (cardio and weights), eat right, drink lots of water, and intake lots of protein. you'll see a change in a month.

o i know what to do ..and at the moment im try to bulk so i need less cardio .
kinda hard staying away from the cardio machines . i just do squats now and more heavy weights on the legs .
heavier weights and less reps .
and i am drinking more portien as well as i eat more apples and bananas.
o and more whole wheat bread =)
i dont eat junk food anymore havent for about 3 months while i was trying to drop weight.

bb4arson
04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
we share height, but im at 188Lbs fully dry. trying to cut a few pounds (bout 5) but on a pizza diet it aint helping :/
how much you benching?

o yah pizza i heard was a killer but i still eat it like 1 time a week or something like that.
shit i really never tried to lift to much i was just trying to get cut.
but i did 205 today twice

bb4arson
04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Only time I hear about talk about bulk and cutting is when they are injected steriods into their ass. DONT GET A SMALL PENIS SIR!

i heard steriods make your balls small..

and lol nah bulking is putting on weight . cutting is cutting weight pretty much

bb4arson
04-07-2010, 12:39 AM
yay abs are going away hahaha
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4499546160_de65f1c85d.jpg

rudsone
04-07-2010, 12:43 AM
your fat

you fat fuck

bb4arson
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
your fat

you fat fuck

im trying to get there for at least a little bit

jakellama123
04-07-2010, 01:39 AM
mmmm i remember those pepperonis

BigJsaid
04-07-2010, 07:21 AM
i've been loading/bulking for the last 40 days...im 6'3" and was 208ish but finally got up to 218..but i think all the weight is in my legs/core cuz ive just been squatting and benching cuz of parkour but for the next 40 days I'll be getting my strength way up there and cutting down to 202-208 so i can jump higher and lift myself up shit easier...

Nachooooosupreme
04-07-2010, 09:32 AM
yay abs are going away hahaha
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4499546160_de65f1c85d.jpg
thats crazy eye right there!!!

The Guido
04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Reminds me of the Zoltar machine from Big...lol

bb4arson
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
i've been loading/bulking for the last 40 days...im 6'3" and was 208ish but finally got up to 218..but i think all the weight is in my legs/core cuz ive just been squatting and benching cuz of parkour but for the next 40 days I'll be getting my strength way up there and cutting down to 202-208 so i can jump higher and lift myself up shit easier...

have you check your body fat %? isnt it better to be a bit more slim in parkour?

BigJsaid
04-08-2010, 07:16 AM
yeah right now its about 16% or so....early fall last year it was about 8% cuz of MMA but of course i've found new interests. Parkour is all about functional strength so the typical Traceur you see is slim but usually super toned or even jacked but i already have an athletic/surfer build so u wouldnt guess i weighed that much until i bench/squat. i put on new mass so i can turn that into slim shreddedness like Rain but bigger.

bb4arson
04-08-2010, 10:32 AM
yeah right now its about 16% or so....early fall last year it was about 8% cuz of MMA but of course i've found new interests. Parkour is all about functional strength so the typical Traceur you see is slim but usually super toned or even jacked but i already have an athletic/surfer build so u wouldnt guess i weighed that much until i bench/squat. i put on new mass so i can turn that into slim shreddedness like Rain but bigger.

well with your height not hard to believe ..

and yah functional strength(lean muscle pretty much) is good ...

have any videos ?

BigJsaid
04-08-2010, 11:38 AM
i DID..but the camera they were on took a shit...but i got some alright ones on my cell phone...
ill/we'll be makin more vids as soon as we find decent spots to run thru and get a nice cam/video editing software

but let me tell you about one of the vids that were on that cam:
i was running on a sidewalk keeping up with traffic, then ran onto a bench then jumped onto the side of the top of a bus stop canopy and pulled my self up, ran over the bus stop, jumped off, rolled and kept going with traffic but the lil suv that i was keeping up with slowed down after the roll and kind of stopped in a scared kind of way...lol it was good

bb4arson
04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
i DID..but the camera they were on took a shit...but i got some alright ones on my cell phone...
ill/we'll be makin more vids as soon as we find decent spots to run thru and get a nice cam/video editing software

but let me tell you about one of the vids that were on that cam:
i was running on a sidewalk keeping up with traffic, then ran onto a bench then jumped onto the side of the top of a bus stop canopy and pulled my self up, ran over the bus stop, jumped off, rolled and kept going with traffic but the lil suv that i was keeping up with slowed down after the roll and kind of stopped in a scared kind of way...lol it was good

i could see it my head already haha

bb4arson
04-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Fuck im stuck at 171-173 at the moment .

i know i could gain the wieght fast with nasty greasy fast foods but that is not what kinda weight i want.. i need healthy weight .

asianricer69
04-13-2010, 11:40 AM
you wanna eat 5 to 6 times a day, it will help. m 5 11 and im at 190 right now...

bb4arson
04-13-2010, 02:56 PM
you wanna eat 5 to 6 times a day, it will help. m 5 11 and im at 190 right now...

do you know you bf% at the moment?

what do you normally eat ?

LPPrelude
04-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Most people that want to gain, eat 5-6 meals all high in protein. This needs to be "healthy food" not fast food or boxed meal crap. You need to build the muscles big and gain the weight, then you can work on tone after.

bb4arson
04-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Most people that want to gain, eat 5-6 meals all high in protein. This needs to be "healthy food" not fast food or boxed meal crap. You need to build the muscles big and gain the weight, then you can work on tone after.

umm i know that :dumbass:

but i mean what are the usuall meals :bigsmile:

honduh_head
04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
I've been cutting. Trying to get to 190-195 so I can compete at middle weight

SiR Mikey
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
If you're looking to bulk, it doesn't matter what you eat. I take shots of olive oil. If your metabolism is burning 3500 calories a day, it doesn't matter what kind of calories they are. There is no way anyone is going to get 5k+ calories of "clean healthy" food in a day. Let me put it this way

Big Mac
580 calories
Fat- 32.5 g
Carbs- 38.7
Protein- 31.8

OR

Brown Rice(1.5 cups) &
318 Calories
Fat- 3g
Carbs- 66g
Protein- 7.5g
Chicken (8oz)
240 calories
Fat- 3g
Carbs- 0
Protein- 48g

Now, which one would you rather eat while bulking? It's going to be 10x easier to eat 2 fat greasy big macs to hit over 1k calories rather than eat all that healthy shit until you're sick and still only be half way to the 1k mark. This is taken from the bodybuilding forums posted by MuscleCoach

"Myth #2: "Pros eat 'clean' all year round"

This myth can be blamed squarely on the bodybuilding publications who want the readers to think their heroes eat low fat healthy 'clean' foods year round. This has often led to newbie types attempting to get all the calories they require for growth from baked chicken, rice, and vegetables. Of course getting - say - 4000 plus calories (or more) from such foods is virtually impossible. This reality often leaves the newbie confused and depressed because he?s not making any appreciable gains attempting to stuff himself to death with foods that are low in calories. It's very difficult to get 4000, 5000, or even 6000 calories a day from chicken and rice. Now for the reality: off-season I have sat across the table from many a pro eating cheeseburgers, pizza, and apple pie. I know one pro who used to pull over anytime he saw a Taco Bell. Big people require plenty of calories and calorie-dense foods are the only way to get them. As the late, great Dan Duchaine once said regarding off-season eating for growth: 'don't feel bad you ate a cheeseburger, feel bad you didn't eat three!'

Now I can't comment on every pro's diet as I don't know them all, and I am sure some of them have cleaner diets then others off-season. However, make no mistake: the articles you read about what pros eat off-season and what they really eat are often two different things.

As sort of an ancillary myth, most pros will carry more body fat than they claim off-season when trying to gain new muscle mass. Telling people they eat at Taco Bell and are above single-digit body fat levels does not sell magazines or supplements, so it pays to perpetuate the myth that they are hard as nails all year (with a few exceptions) and always eat "clean?."

jakellama123
04-14-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96L5-1TOaQw

bb4arson
04-14-2010, 12:43 PM
If you're looking to bulk,

thank you i was waiting for you to post something ...shit i guess im just going to do what they call clean bulk ..since i dont rally like fast foods

SiR Mikey
04-14-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm not big on fast food just because of how bad it is for you (trans fats, msg etc.) but if it's my only option I'll eat it. I'm a huge fan of ramen because of the calories and price. Cook some chicken in a shit ton of olive oil+2 bags of ramen and you're pushing upwards of 1300 calories for one meal while still being relatively clean. I tried eating super clean about a year ago which consisted of a bag of chicken, box of rice and 2 cans of beans a day and it just doesn't work. A. It's expensive B. It gets real old, real quick, and C. I was only eating ~3100 calories.

bb4arson
04-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm not big on fast food just because of how bad it is for you (trans fats, msg etc.) but if it's my only option I'll eat it. I'm a huge fan of ramen because of the calories and price. Cook some chicken in a shit ton of olive oil+2 bags of ramen and you're pushing upwards of 1300 calories for one meal while still being relatively clean. I tried eating super clean about a year ago which consisted of a bag of chicken, box of rice and 2 cans of beans a day and it just doesn't work. A. It's expensive B. It gets real old, real quick, and C. I was only eating ~3100 calories.

mmm cheap ramen ftw !

and yah chicken and stuff does get expenssive sometimes i see some of the meal plans for bulking up and im like shit ill be wiping out my fridge by the end of the week .

asianricer69
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
do you know you bf% at the moment?

what do you normally eat ?

my bf% is at 12% and i eat alot of protein like chicken breast, beef, lots of veggies.

honduh_head
04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I've been cutting wait as safe as possible, relying on a clean diet and mild cardio. Basically I eat 4-5 very small meals a day, trying to hover around 1500 calories a day.

So far workin good. Weighed in at 216 this morning. Down from 233 in February.

I have two kickass recipes for chicken if u guys want them.

bb4arson
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
I've been cutting wait as safe as possible, relying on a clean diet and mild cardio. Basically I eat 4-5 very small meals a day, trying to hover around 1500 calories a day.

So far workin good. Weighed in at 216 this morning. Down from 233 in February.

I have two kickass recipes for chicken if u guys want them.

post up yo ..i like da chykan

asianricer69
04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
+1 another chicken recipes would be nice

SiR Mikey
04-17-2010, 03:21 AM
My bulking meals

Ingredients:
2 bags of ramen
1 chicken breast
Olive oil
Terikyaki sauce

1. Cook the 2 bags of ramen with no seasoning
2. On medium high heat a skillet and add diced chicken, a shit ton of olive oil and teriyaki sauce
3. Cook until chicken has a nice glaze
4. Pour mixture with chicken over plain ramen noodles. Mix and eat that shit

Depending on how much oil you add, this can be a ~1300 calorie meal.

smooth
04-17-2010, 07:11 AM
yea its called anabolic halo the best stuff on the market. When i went to a meet i seen lip and he was very impressed and amazed to see me swollen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im bench pressing 150lbs over my weight

smooth
04-17-2010, 07:12 AM
just eat the right foods NO LOS ARMANDOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

smooth
04-17-2010, 07:13 AM
whats up SIR MIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honduh_head
04-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Citrus chicken
Glaze:
1/2 cup of olive oil (or more if u wish)
Couple dashs of seasoned salt
" of garlic powder
" of lemon pepper
1/4 orange squeezed into glaze (or more if u like orange flavor)

Take a boiled chicken breast and pan sear it with the glaze at 3/4 to high heat, flipping the breast until browned. I added a little oil to the pan before dropping the chicken in so it wasn't in a dry pan. I used a brush to apply the glaze while flipping them over. Serve it over rice or in my case, artichokes. **

SiR Mikey
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM
whats up SIR MIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi? But uh...who are you?

honduh_head
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Lemon pepper chicken

-Boil the breast before hand

Prepare pan with olive oil and soy sauce (about half as much as the oil)
Place boiled chicken into pan and sprinkle lemon pepper on both sides
Lightly sprinkle garlic salt on both sides
Cook until seared dark brown
(be very generous with the oil and soy sauce)
While chicken is being seared prepare rice.*
Serve over the rice with added soy if you like the Asian touch.*

bb4arson
04-19-2010, 07:55 PM
god is it so hard to gain weight .
but here is an update
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/mario_ardon/IMG_8049.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/mario_ardon/IMG_8051-Copy.jpg
ps i hate photobucket

bb4arson
04-19-2010, 10:11 PM
ok lets say i cant have those 5 meals a day..how about if i take in 3 meals? and make my last meals the biggest meal

SiR Mikey
04-21-2010, 12:21 AM
ok lets say i cant have those 5 meals a day..how about if i take in 3 meals? and make my last meals the biggest meal

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/8871.php

jakellama123
04-21-2010, 01:04 AM
make time

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/8871.php

FUUU
that reminds me of taking anatomy+physiology

dEaFHATCH
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Im trying to cut a little bit before i deploy(about 10-15 lbs) and then work on gaining while im over there... im so unmotivated after work that ive been getting up at 3:30 am just to get to the gym, get a decent workout, and then shit/shower/shave before i have to be at work... im going to bed around 8 lol i feel like a little kid again

bb4arson
04-28-2010, 12:34 AM
make time

stfu! i dont work at a food place. and sometime i dont have time to eat all the time..
but however i have been doing pretty good lately
im now 173.6-175 lbs

i have noticed lifting improvement =)

azracer41
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
i just started cutting a few days ago. i started at 156 im 6'1 and am going to go down to 145 just to see how that cut is. if its fairly easy i might consider 135. i have awhile before my grappling tournamnet so im trying to see which one i feel better at. i might throw some pics up

bb4arson
04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
i just started cutting a few days ago. i started at 156 im 6'1 and am going to go down to 145 just to see how that cut is. if its fairly easy i might consider 135. i have awhile before my grappling tournamnet so im trying to see which one i feel better at. i might throw some pics up

you will probably feel more agile at a lighter weight of course ...but not as strong .

azracer41
04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
well yes i know that lol what im going to really be looking at is if i can still lock in my submission, pass guard, sweep etc without either tiring out too quick and still feel comfortible with the strength factor

bb4arson
04-28-2010, 05:02 PM
well yes i know that lol what im going to really be looking at is if i can still lock in my submission, pass guard, sweep etc without either tiring out too quick and still feel comfortible with the strength factor

i guess if your that skilled and dont care about throwing your weight .. =)

dEaFHATCH
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
6'1 @ 156?!! goddamn id be worried about health bigtime if youre trying to get down to 135... then again maybe im just surrounded by fatass' and im not used to seeing someone that tall weigh in at that lol

bb4arson
04-29-2010, 01:40 AM
6'1 @ 156?!! goddamn id be worried about health bigtime if youre trying to get down to 135... then again maybe im just surrounded by fatass' and im not used to seeing someone that tall weigh in at that lol

whoa! i just actually realized that he was 6 foor 1 .
i guess i only payed attention to the weight ahhhahaa

azracer41
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
whoa! i just actually realized that he was 6 foor 1 .
i guess i only payed attention to the weight ahhhahaa

lol it sounds a lot worse than it really is i just have very slim muscles and my metabolism is through the roof! before i started cutting i had my bf% measured and it was at 10% so im not too worried about the cut but thats why im going to 145 first

bb4arson
04-29-2010, 02:39 PM
lol it sounds a lot worse than it really is i just have very slim muscles and my metabolism is through the roof! before i started cutting i had my bf% measured and it was at 10% so im not too worried about the cut but thats why im going to 145 first

im at 10 % bf right now =) and i feel great lol
when i cut to 163-165 i was at 8% bf

azracer41
04-30-2010, 12:13 PM
im at 10 % bf right now =) and i feel great lol
when i cut to 163-165 i was at 8% bf

when i was at class last night i felt the best i ever have to date. other than the fact that im have a hard time holding down my partners but thats because all of them are 170 or over. but cardio was still good and a lot more agile and the sub power was still there. after the workout i was at 149 so in a couple of weeks we will see what my BF% is.

bb4arson
05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
weighed my self yesterday after i cut almost all my hair off and i weighed in at 177lbs! word

wait i just weighed my self again and it said 175..

azracer41
05-06-2010, 12:56 PM
nice!! you said your trying to get done to 170 right? well after my run this morning i weighed 146 so ill let everyone know how i feel during sparring tonight

bb4arson
05-06-2010, 11:29 PM
nice!! you said your trying to get done to 170 right? well after my run this morning i weighed 146 so ill let everyone know how i feel during sparring tonight

yah but im trying to get to 185 first and than slowly cut

man but does it sucks not running when i was getting used to running and stuff .. so when i cut im going to be whipped out !

having a girl friend is my only cardio at the and i do walk for at least 15 mins 2 times a week. at 3.4mph

Big C
05-07-2010, 09:17 AM
This is what I just started......many many people are getting amazing results. Right now I am just concerned with dropping a lot of fat. This combined with cardio and gym workouts I believe I'll hit my goal of dropping 40 more lbs in as little as 2-3 months.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120904431

SiR Mikey
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
:goodjob:

azracer41
05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
ok so i made my cut to 146lbs and in training today i felt really good very quick and agile. i also didnt gas which was important for me and i didnt lose all of my strength either which was nice. my plan as of now is to fight at 145 for my first fight and when im not cutting weight stay right around 155 to 160

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy125/ej41/Pic03241.jpg

this was right after sparring

bb4arson
05-16-2010, 05:26 PM
^^man i couldnt not be a 146 ever again haha.
whoop whoop im at 178 lbs today and yesterday

azracer41
05-17-2010, 09:20 AM
^^man i couldnt not be a 146 ever again haha.
whoop whoop im at 178 lbs today and yesterday

yea man im just blessed with my metabolism im eating around 2500 to 3000 calories of VERY clean food and i can make the cut just took a couple of weeks. in the future though i will probably use the sajana(spelling?) to speed the process up before a fight

bb4arson
05-17-2010, 01:22 PM
yea man im just blessed with my metabolism im eating around 2500 to 3000 calories of VERY clean food and i can make the cut just took a couple of weeks. in the future though i will probably use the sajana(spelling?) to speed the process up before a fight

well what i ment by i could never be 146 again is that . i never want to be that skinny kid again.. i was really thin at 146 not really any muscle .
i dont know what sajana is lol

azracer41
05-17-2010, 02:35 PM
well what i ment by i could never be 146 again is that . i never want to be that skinny kid again.. i was really thin at 146 not really any muscle .
i dont know what sajana is lol

eh i dont mind being skinny and im only gonna cut to it when i fight so i wont be walking around at that weight. but i still look like i have some muscle and im a bigger featherweight esp. with my height kinda like this :wizarddragon:

bb4arson
05-17-2010, 07:22 PM
eh i dont mind being skinny and im only gonna cut to it when i fight so i wont be walking around at that weight. but i still look like i have some muscle and im a bigger featherweight esp. with my height kinda like this :wizarddragon:

haha yah just have to watch those knees around the shorties

goose6453
05-17-2010, 08:25 PM
i just got back on my bulk game want to be back at where i was be4 bout 215 220 lbs...
beching 280... squatting 400 ...running my 40 in 5 sec, and have my cat like agility back ill get there pretty soon

bb4arson
05-17-2010, 08:34 PM
i just got back on my bulk game want to be back at where i was be4 bout 215 220 lbs...
beching 280... squatting 400 ...running my 40 in 5 sec, and have my cat like agility back ill get there pretty soon

how much do you weight now?

you just want to be able to have sex better lol:offtopic2:

azracer41
05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
haha yah just have to watch those knees around the shorties

oh man on ground days grrr i have to do a sprawl drill for 10 minutes then a take down drill for another 6 :/

nice lots and lots of food!

how much do you weight now?

you just want to be able to have sex better lol:offtopic2:

give the man a break dont we all!! lol

bb4arson
05-18-2010, 02:21 PM
oh man on ground days grrr i have to do a sprawl drill for 10 minutes then a take down drill for another 6 :/

give the man a break dont we all!! lol

shits thats some good cardio/resistence training

shit i know ever since i started working out the stamina is sky high ..

azracer41
05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
shits thats some good cardio/resistence training

shit i know ever since i started working out the stamina is sky high ..

tell me about it i only get about 1 min rest in between as well. but as far as the sex stamina im loving that drill haha

bb4arson
05-21-2010, 02:16 AM
177 right here @ 10.9 bf
cut my hair and got a new beard style
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/mario_ardon/IMG_8239.jpg

jakellama123
05-21-2010, 02:42 AM
ok so i made my cut to 146lbs and in training today i felt really good very quick and agile. i also didnt gas which was important for me and i didnt lose all of my strength either which was nice. my plan as of now is to fight at 145 for my first fight and when im not cutting weight stay right around 155 to 160

man i wish i could gain another 15 lbs or so
im stuck at 145
i used to be about 140 and wrestle at 119 but cant get past 145

goose shut up your fat lol

177 right here @ 10.9 bf
cut my hair and got a new beard style
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/mario_ardon/IMG_8239.jpg

how are you at 10.9
you look like your at 14 lol
i miss the good ol' days when i was at 5.1 bf
i had like 0 fat lol

bb4arson
05-21-2010, 03:05 AM
how are you at 10.9
you look like your at 14 lol
i miss the good ol' days when i was at 5.1 bf
i had like 0 fat lol

im not flexing and i was being lazy and just at a soup before i took the picture (sue me)
shit if i were @ 14 bf i would looked huge probably

stfu those were the old days when you had your metabolism and didnt drink beer lol
ps you still look like you have low bf
prob the cocaine

bb4arson
06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
im 180 steady now guys ..
abs dissapearing to the max part of bulking though =)

Medina
06-07-2010, 12:38 AM

bb4arson
06-07-2010, 01:58 AM
^^^dang dude you had saggy boobs.. great progress..
cut the fat than bulk right ? those are your plans..right?

Medina
06-07-2010, 02:06 AM
I have been cutting the fat and building muscle along the way. lol I have no six pack but I am pretty satisfied where Im at right now I just want to get stronger even if i stay at 16ish BF. my goal is to up my bench 265 in the next 3-4 months IDK if its possible, but i will try

bb4arson
06-07-2010, 02:15 AM
I have been cutting the fat and building muscle along the way. lol I have no six pack but I am pretty satisfied where Im at right now I just want to get stronger even if i stay at 16ish BF. my goal is to up my bench to 265 in the next 3-4 months IDK if its possible, but i will try

shoot man you taking glutamine?

Medina
06-07-2010, 02:21 AM
I was using creatine monohydrate which i stopped using since it made me look bloated, but will start using it tomorrow again. Im not to good with supplements whats glutamine?

bb4arson
06-07-2010, 02:31 AM
I was using creatine monohydrate which i stopped using since it made me look bloated, but will start using it tomorrow again. Im not to good with supplements whats glutamine?

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/supplements-reviews/glutamine-side-effects-benefits.htm

pretty much when your cutting ..it will help you keep muscle on you..thats how i see it ..recover faster aswell
so pretty important..
i bought some but cant use it since im bulking :facepalm:

azracer41
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/supplements-reviews/glutamine-side-effects-benefits.htm

pretty much when your cutting ..it will help you keep muscle on you..thats how i see it ..recover faster aswell
so pretty important..
i bought some but cant use it since im bulking :facepalm:

im gonna give this a shot next time i cut to 145

GOTTRQ?
06-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I just started going to the gym. I'm currently at 210lbs. I want to get to about 180lbs, and be about 10-12% body fat.

bb4arson
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I just started going to the gym. I'm currently at 210lbs. I want to get to about 180lbs, and be about 10-12% body fat.

start out right man look up a work out routine and diet ..

wish i was pointed in the right direction when i started working out ..

bb4arson
06-09-2010, 12:56 PM
:goodjob:im gonna give this a shot next time i cut to 145

i got the ast brand one since alot of people on BB.com recommended it

jonnymos
06-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Bulking.

samthesleezebag
06-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I have gained 5 pounds in two weeks. Eating a lot more now for no reason. why could this be?

Medina
06-16-2010, 12:53 AM
stop eating junk food. that could be the reason you gained 5 pounds?

jonnymos
06-16-2010, 04:55 AM
I have gained 5 pounds in two weeks. Eating a lot more now for no reason. why could this be?

Stress?

bb4arson
06-16-2010, 11:25 AM

you gained 5 pounds and you said eating alot more now for no reason.. stop eating so much for no reason... problem solved :word:

azracer41
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
you gained 5 pounds and you said eating alot more now for no reason.. stop eating so much for no reason... problem solved :word:

hahaha pwnage:bananaman:

bb4arson
07-05-2010, 03:16 AM
im 183 .. @12bf

Medina
07-05-2010, 04:54 AM
^^^ pics? GTFO! fully dressed with a 12Lb sand bag?

bb4arson
07-05-2010, 03:15 PM

nope i weight my self with nothing on.
pics in soon.

bb4arson
07-06-2010, 12:06 AM

im actually 186 on this picture. cause i just ate 2 quehsahdilahs and a oatbar. so pretty much im full of water and food on this pic .
i pick the worst times to take pics
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/mario_ardon/IMG_0505.jpg

Medina
07-06-2010, 02:33 AM
^^^ Good job Keep it up!!!

<<<< 14% BF 175 Lbs 235max bench, trying to cut to 10% BF

bb4arson
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
^^^ Good job Keep it up!!!

<<<< 14% BF 175 Lbs 235max bench, trying to cut to 10% BF

yah my slow cut is coming soon just need to get those 2 solid pounds on me .

dang your going to be light at 10 % bf .. dont expect your maxes to stay the same .. they get lower as your lose weight usually.

Medina
07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
dude i just dont see how you weight more than me i guess i have carbon fiber bones or something lol I too is 5'11

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/molotovman/mebeingme.jpg

bb4arson
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
because muscle weights more than fat ..

Medina
07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
how much are you gonna bulk up to before you cut?

according to my math i have to cut to 168 in and keep all my muscle mass to be at 10% BF so i need to loose 7Lbs of fat :(

think 2 months is long enough to lose 7 lbs of fat?

bb4arson
07-07-2010, 01:32 PM
how much are you gonna bulk up to before you cut?

according to my math i have to cut to 168 in and keep all my muscle mass to be at 10% BF so i need to loose 7Lbs of fat :(

think 2 months is long enough to lose 7 lbs of fat?

im just trying to get to a solid 185 . than ill steadily cut . but i keep changing my mind i have been think to get to 190 than just .. idk been confused on that subject haha

yah dude thats good enough .
just eat like 500 less calories a day . and do a shit load of cardio.

thakid
07-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Whats the best protein to gain weight? Im looking to gain a good 40-50 pounds. I dont care to work out and what not. So any suggestions?

bb4arson
07-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Whats the best protein to gain weight? Im looking to gain a good 40-50 pounds. I dont care to work out and what not. So any suggestions?

just buy a tub of optimium nutrions 100% whey they have tons of flavors ..(i hate there strawberry flavor) and than get crazy with that blender..
its cheaper to make your own weight gainer shakes . but dont just think shakes are going to help you out ,you are going to have to be eating .
chick meats fish blah blah all the protien packed shit.
here is what i was using for a weight gainer shake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEFIEMM5rf4
and buy the protien online

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

hope that helped you out .

Medina
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM

eat big, sleep big, lift big and in 2-3 years you will be there.

bb4arson
07-08-2010, 12:30 AM
ok so i had to record this lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bvzfWOh0JA

Medina
07-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Nice 190! you added 4 pounds in 2 days, go take a shit already so you can get back to 186 lol JK
Props man!

bb4arson
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Nice 190! you added 4 pounds in 2 days, go take a shit already so you can get back to 186 lol JK
Props man!

i actually drank a shit load of water lol and i was to the point of saying i feel like throwing up ..

ill weigh in again soon . i just felt like being a idiot.
and 190 does not look to far away ..kinda

Medina
07-08-2010, 12:48 AM
lol well 4 pounds is 8 cups of water (64Oz) if you drank 64oz all at once i dont think thats very healthy, and good luck not peeing your bed tonight lol

Chiodos
07-08-2010, 04:39 AM
get crazy with that blender..
its cheaper to make your own weight gainer shakes
This!^
My post workout 'meal' is: 1-1&1/2cups lf almond milk, 2 scoops whey (chocolate), 2 servings of a low fat/sugar cereal and 1-2 tbsp honey blent up into a shake. shoot if I'm too lazy to 'eat' I just blend one of these and down it lol

bb4arson
07-19-2010, 04:39 AM
hey guys i have actually stopped my bulk .. and will slowly cut to around 175 i think ..depends what my chest says

azracer41
07-21-2010, 12:00 PM
hey guys i have actually stopped my bulk .. and will slowly cut to around 175 i think ..depends what my chest says

nice good luck man. are you gonna use that one supplement you were talking about earlier?? if so let me know how it works and i am just sitting at 160 right now. working on increasing my strength a little more.

bb4arson
07-21-2010, 03:17 PM
nice good luck man. are you gonna use that one supplement you were talking about earlier?? if so let me know how it works and i am just sitting at 160 right now. working on increasing my strength a little more.

yah i will actually i have been using it i dont get so sore now . i put a spoon of it in my postwork out drink(1 scoop of 100%whey) and than i drink another teaspoon before i go to sleep ..
i seem to recover more quick ..

shouldabotahonda
07-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Ok, here goes. Im 6'0", and im right about at that 200 lb mark. I dont know my body fat %, Im really not into all that. I dont need to cut to a certain weight or anything (If I had to throw somethin out there Id say 180/185ish), all I know is I want to lose my damn gut! (and Im startin to show some gains in my face too) Lol... You know, for the ladies... Anyway, I started a routine on Monday, Consisting of eating better (fruits veggies, sandwich for lunch, chicken for dinner), taking in more protein (anaboloic whey protein), taking a fat loss supplement (VPX Redline hardcore), and exercising 3-5 times a week... (running a couple miles a day, and hittin the weights)...

Just wanted some pointers/tips, help, anything to get me to my goal. Does it sound Like Im doin it right to get what I want? Or is there somethin else I should be doin? Oh, and if anyone has any recipes/ suggestions for dinners that would be great. I know chicken and eggies will get old REAL fast...

dEaFHATCH
07-25-2010, 04:10 AM
hit the weights first when you workout... you will use all the glycogen(energy) that is stored in your muscles for the heavy lifts, and since the glycogen stores in your muscles are used up, when you do your cardio your body will start converting your fat(and muscle a little bit) into energy... just make sure to get some protein in your system as fast as possible after your cardio... however, if you have the time then schedule your weightlifting in the morning after you have a small meal and then schedule your cardio a few hours later or even at night... oh and if you havent looked into it, look up HIIT cardio... it works wonders

chicken and veggies dont have to get old... theres a million different chicken recipes out there... just go on recipes.com and check out some of them... i believe they list the nutritional facts too... just switch it up and be creative(chicken salad, chicken sandwich, chicken tacos, etc)... tuna is another great idea... its extremely lean and packs a lot of protein... if you dont mind paying a little more, albacore tuna is even better... steaks every now and then arent bad- just watch what you put in the marinades... and every now and then a cheat day isnt bad... itll motivate you the next day to workout even harder to burn those extra calories

bb4arson
07-27-2010, 01:10 AM
so its hard now that im not bulking cause i feel like i could eat anything now but time to get my diet back into check .

azracer41
07-28-2010, 10:45 AM
so its hard now that im not bulking cause i feel like i could eat anything now but time to get my diet back into check .

worst part of cutting imo well i WAS at 160 until last night my JJ class takes place in my instructors garage (its still legit though we got mats hitting pads weights and all that good stuff) well it was raining so the humidty went sky high on us and after rolling for 2 hours i sweated out 10 lbs! i wanna say i gained some back though i went and got a QT 52oz gatorade and had chicken enchiladas after. im gonna guess 153..

bb4arson
08-04-2010, 02:37 AM
man i was running on sunday and fuck it was killing me . after not running for so long it kills you . I have to get back in the stir of running and cardio.

azracer41
08-05-2010, 05:38 PM
man i was running on sunday and fuck it was killing me . after not running for so long it kills you . I have to get back in the stir of running and cardio.

find someone to run with get a 45 pound olympic straight bar and both of you carry it on your shoulders it makes 2 miles feel like 4!

bb4arson
08-05-2010, 06:33 PM
find someone to run with get a 45 pound olympic straight bar and both of you carry it on your shoulders it makes 2 miles feel like 4!

shit my brother just asked me if i wanted to go running but i declined it .. dang im lazy .
yah i dont really want to buy a bar bar if not going to use it at home..
maybe ill just take a 3gallon jug of water

shouldabotahonda
08-06-2010, 10:25 AM
why not just dumbells? easier to carry i think

bb4arson
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
why not just dumbells? easier to carry i think

i was kidding dude .i just ment its alot cheaper than going to buy a olympic size bar .

Chiodos
08-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Weighted vest and ankle weights FTW.

azracer41
08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Weighted vest and ankle weights FTW.

you can do that too but i would be careful with that we did that before we switched to the bar and we were starting to get foot problems as we went through our workout. because our run is always our warm up then we go into the workout. but yea i would not buy a bar just for that sole purpose but if you had one lol

bb4arson
08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
man i was at 13.4 body fat today and it made me feel like a lard for some reason .
ugh my chest needs to grow already

azracer41
08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
man i was at 13.4 body fat today and it made me feel like a lard for some reason .
ugh my chest needs to grow already

ouch lol do you do circuit training at all? because that would probably get your bf down while still working your muscles. dont feel bad im at like 10 right now

Medina
08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Last couple weeks i have been eating a lot of crap and drinking beer/soda. looks like i took a step back and gained 2 pounds of fat :/

bb4arson
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
ouch lol do you do circuit training at all? because that would probably get your bf down while still working your muscles. dont feel bad im at like 10 right now

haha i guess it a part of bulking ..lol

i did plyometrics disk on p90x ..

HondaFreak
08-26-2010, 03:57 AM
So how's everything going man? Still cutting?

bb4arson
08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
im just staying stable right now. im kinda confused if i want to gain more weight now because i know eventually i will want to bulk again. but i dont like being having 13 %bf or higher makes my ego go down haha

HondaFreak
08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Do you use one of those calipers to measure your BF? I want to know where I'm at but I gotta buy one of those.

bb4arson
08-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Do you use one of those calipers to measure your BF? I want to know where I'm at but I gotta buy one of those.

no i used these at the gym
http://www.martinrothonline.com/personalhealthmonitor/images/Omron%20HBF-306%20body%20fat%20analyzer.jpg
i want to try the calipers

bb4arson
09-05-2010, 10:33 PM
sooooo.. sometimes i want to be so much lighter when i go to the track .

HondaFreak
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Lol. What track you go to?

bb4arson
09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Lol. What track you go to?

speedworld

HondaFreak
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Ooooh. I thought you meant track as in a "running" track. Lol.

militition
10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
re: arizona search engine optimization (http://www.seocompanydirect.com/)You know the last time I bought a home I lost over 125K just like everyone else in the nation, I doubt Ill do it again.

bb4arson
10-24-2010, 10:03 PM
nice spam bro
well here is an update ive been skateboarding a bit more lately so i have been leaning out pretty well.but i have not been working out my legs really havent sqauted in like 2 weeks now . it just sucks being super sore from your legs while you skate and than just be bitching about it .
but the last time i squated i hit 315x6 on my 4th set of squats .
felt super good i miss squating haha

i finally have a well paying job again . yay! haha so i will probably be doing a 3 day split instead of a 4 day split .

my diet has been pretty well .
but i still catch my self eating chips and gummy bears haha o and pizza every friday .

HondaFreak
10-24-2010, 10:15 PM
The diet thing is the hardest man. I don't blame you.

bb4arson
10-25-2010, 05:39 AM
The diet thing is the hardest man. I don't blame you.

yah it is kinda hard i just love gummy bears and hot cheetos =) and i i want to stay at 180 right now so i guess it a calorie boost ..not the best one but whatever .

Random Names From Hell
10-26-2010, 02:35 PM
yah it is kinda hard i just love gummy bears and hot cheetos =) and i i want to stay at 180 right now so i guess it a calorie boost ..not the best one but whatever .

diet is the hardest part ive been dieting and boxing 4 times a week for 3 months now and im down to 200 from 232

i set small goals and reward myself evrytime i meet that goal( by reward i mean small small portion of something i really like but cant have) i make it a point to tell all my friends im on a diet so that when we are going out to eat they understand why its not taco bell and mc donalds more like places that have salads or lean protein

bb4arson
10-26-2010, 11:43 PM
diet is the hardest part ive been dieting and boxing 4 times a week for 3 months now and im down to 200 from 232

i set small goals and reward myself evrytime i meet that goal( by reward i mean small small portion of something i really like but cant have) i make it a point to tell all my friends im on a diet so that when we are going out to eat they understand why its not taco bell and mc donalds more like places that have salads or lean protein

i think the dieting part is kinda fun .

i actually like cooking now:thumbsup:

i have set my meals 2 -3hrs apart and man have i noticed the diffrence in my body .
im looking good (extra homo to myself) haha

i have learned to much since i first started i wish i had known how to diet before. i used to think if i starved my self i would get more cut ooooo i have come a long way :thumbsup:
bodybuilding.com ftw

HondaFreak
10-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Bodybuilding.com is the shit! They have so many useful articles.

bb4arson
10-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Bodybuilding.com is the shit! They have so many useful articles.

hell yah and i think there trolls on there are more funny:clap:

Random Names From Hell
10-27-2010, 11:57 AM
i think the dieting part is kinda fun .

i actually like cooking now:thumbsup:

i have set my meals 2 -3hrs apart and man have i noticed the diffrence in my body .
im looking good (extra homo to myself) haha

i have learned to much since i first started i wish i had known how to diet before. i used to think if i starved my self i would get more cut ooooo i have come a long way :thumbsup:
bodybuilding.com ftw

agreed dieting now after 3 months is fun you can really feel what food make you last and what foods your hungrey right away after eating

Spec C
10-27-2010, 07:24 PM
If you like things like that, there is plenty of ways to work that type of thing into a diet. I eat gummy bears for my post workout carbs, quite frequently.

Something like a timed carb diet, with once a week carb refeeds, is a very solid approach, and the refeeds give you a nice mental break, to get you through the week.

Nothing like dieting, and once a week getting to eat nothing but waffles, kids cereal, gummy bears, mike and ikes, etc, and waking up leaner :)

bb4arson
10-27-2010, 10:01 PM
^^yah i know about gummy bears post work out . but i usually have oatmeal with my post work out protien shake.

mmmm snacks haha

Spec C
10-28-2010, 04:43 AM
^^yah i know about gummy bears post work out . but i usually have oatmeal with my post work out protien shake.

mmmm snacks haha
For the most part I eat fruity pebbles, or cinnamon toast crunch post workout, with my whey isolate, mixed in water as the "milk". Good stuff..lol

azracer41
10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
eggs and oatmeal yum!! after every saturday practice

bb4arson
11-29-2010, 01:26 AM
i feel like going on another bulk ..but this time i would start at 180 instead ..

not to sure yet but i want to be lifting as i was like when i was bulking
http://i54.tinypic.com/3005o3n.gif

Spec C
11-29-2010, 08:36 AM
i feel like going on another bulk ..but this time i would start at 180 instead ..

not to sure yet but i want to be lifting as i was like when i was bulking
http://i54.tinypic.com/3005o3n.gif
What changes do you make to your training when you're cutting?

bb4arson
11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
What changes do you make to your training when you're cutting?

300-400 calories less and Hiit cardio
less carbs pretty much .

bb4arson
12-08-2010, 12:46 PM
i mad brahs i weighed my self the other day and was 176 . i feels to skinny

bb4arson
12-29-2010, 02:14 AM
hey guys so anyone bulking at the moment?

HondaFreak
12-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Me. Well... I'm trying.

bb4arson
12-29-2010, 03:26 AM
bro so is tony you guys suck at it i think..
lol
i know i know work doesnt let you ..
but bro let peanut butter and carbs be your best friends..

im currently just eating healthy trying to lean out .. might go on a cut soon .. my body is already shedding pounds like crazy my chest is not liking it.

HondaFreak
12-29-2010, 03:30 AM
=( Dude I hate not being able to see my abs. Like if I do a girl, I don't want her to think I'm a fat fuck.

I should tell her, "I'm currently bulking. I eat A LOT of carbs. So please just know that my six pack is under this gut."

bb4arson
12-29-2010, 03:41 AM
but what are your goals ?

what do you weight right now

HondaFreak
12-29-2010, 03:43 AM
I weigh about 130. I really don't care to bulk, but I've been trying anyway. I just want to get cut and defined. The hard thing is sticking to the diet.

bb4arson
12-29-2010, 03:50 AM
I weigh about 130. I really don't care to bulk, but I've been trying anyway. I just want to get cut and defined. The hard thing is sticking to the diet.

arent you around the same height as my older brother?

i gets easy, but boring after awhile .. sometimes you dont want to eat chicken nor eggs

HondaFreak
12-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Yeah I'm about as tall as him. Yes dude, the eggs and chicken get BORING!

bb4arson
03-11-2011, 04:31 AM
im at 171 clean right now feels on the skinnys planing on losing a fresh pound by next week havent done the bf thing in awhile i think im at 12% though

die in a dick fire noob
03-11-2011, 07:16 AM
130???? haha man you must be short.

i'm trying the warrior'ish diet still, i've been making slight gains in weight but staying steady for the most part which is nice because i've been making huge gains in strength to where i was a year ago. i'm 6'0" and 160 this morning.

bb4arson
03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
130???? haha man you must be short.

i'm trying the warrior'ish diet still, i've been making slight gains in weight but staying steady for the most part which is nice because i've been making huge gains in strength to where i was a year ago. i'm 6'0" and 160 this morning.

whats that diet like? link ?

so im pretty sure your gaining weight right ?

die in a dick fire noob
03-11-2011, 03:41 PM
i'm up about 6 pounds from my lowest point but it's more about lean gains than just straight bulking.

www.leangains.com is similar.

just google warrior diet, we talked about it some in the "how often should abs be worked" thread in this section.

basic run down is eating very little throughout the day 4-800 calories and good ones, not carbs really unless whole-grains but try to stay away from them. you can eat natural foods like fruit or vegetables. i normally eat a banana, an apple, and maybe a smaller sandwich with whole grains bread from costco. then you work out fasted with an intake of bcaa's or eaa's. then after you're done it's more bcaa's or eaa's. then CONSUME!!!!! i basically wait about 30 minutes or an hour after the workout, drink a protein shake to start things off like a premade one. then i'll eat like 4-5 good sized chicken breasts, whole grain pasta. basically like 1500-2000 callories. then before bead i make another protein shake but like a good sized one with orange juice, protein powder, banana, and any frozen fruit i have. if you want even more you can throw some peanut butter in there.

i've been doing this for about 3-4 weeks and i have gained 3 pounds in that time. also in that time i have increased my bench to 135 mr5 from my starting point of the 45lb bar. my deadlift is at 165 from 85. my squats are at 120 from 45lb, i'm still upping my weight each time.

bb4arson
03-11-2011, 04:57 PM
o yah i remember ..
yah after my cut im going to be doing that

6thgen
03-12-2011, 01:06 AM
What you benching bb4arson?

bb4arson
03-12-2011, 02:49 AM
What you benching bb4arson?

i did 225 x4 last week.. had help on the last one though... shit i was freaking surprised i could do that..
i tried 245 this week ..but i didnt have the same pump so i could get it unfortunately ill try again soon .
because i havent really ever actually upped the weight ..i have just been working on my form with the two 45 plates..

jdm egizzle 6
03-12-2011, 11:37 AM
i did 225 x4 last week.. had help on the last one though... shit i was freaking surprised i could do that..
i tried 245 this week ..but i didnt have the same pump so i could get it unfortunately ill try again soon .
because i havent really ever actually upped the weight ..i have just been working on my form with the two 45 plates..

if you can get 225 4 times then you should b able to get 245+

bb4arson
03-12-2011, 01:53 PM
if you can get 225 4 times then you should b able to get 245+
yah i know so i heard.. i guess i was not feeling it at the time ..

jdm egizzle 6
03-12-2011, 06:14 PM
My sets are (now) 195 lbs x10 , 205 lbs x8 , 215lbs x6 times I'm maxin 245 lbs and weigh 147 lbs. I tried 255 but just rejected it by a lil bit

bb4arson
03-12-2011, 11:28 PM
My sets are (now) 195 lbs x10 , 205 lbs x8 , 215lbs x6 times I'm maxin 245 lbs and weigh 147 lbs. I tried 255 but just rejected it by a lil bit

nice man...

today totally hit a big speed bump in my goals for this month.. i was trying to cut 2 pounds by next week.. so i could see my abs all nice but .i messed my back up today while skating . fell super hard on a corner of the box and i cant really walk right .. so might not work out for a bit..:/ guess my diet has to be extra strict now..

Spec C
03-14-2011, 11:30 AM
i'm up about 6 pounds from my lowest point but it's more about lean gains than just straight bulking.

www.leangains.com (http://www.leangains.com) is similar.

just google warrior diet, we talked about it some in the "how often should abs be worked" thread in this section.

basic run down is eating very little throughout the day 4-800 calories and good ones, not carbs really unless whole-grains but try to stay away from them. you can eat natural foods like fruit or vegetables. i normally eat a banana, an apple, and maybe a smaller sandwich with whole grains bread from costco. then you work out fasted with an intake of bcaa's or eaa's. then after you're done it's more bcaa's or eaa's. then CONSUME!!!!! i basically wait about 30 minutes or an hour after the workout, drink a protein shake to start things off like a premade one. then i'll eat like 4-5 good sized chicken breasts, whole grain pasta. basically like 1500-2000 callories. then before bead i make another protein shake but like a good sized one with orange juice, protein powder, banana, and any frozen fruit i have. if you want even more you can throw some peanut butter in there.

i've been doing this for about 3-4 weeks and i have gained 3 pounds in that time. also in that time i have increased my bench to 135 mr5 from my starting point of the 45lb bar. my deadlift is at 165 from 85. my squats are at 120 from 45lb, i'm still upping my weight each time.

I would personally cut the fruit from your pre-bed meal. If you want fruit add it to your earlier meal, and make the pre-bed one cleaner IMO. What time do you train?

I am still eating this way too actually. I have been doing 1 small meal around 12:30pm, then my large meal around 5:30-6, and if my large meal wasn't that big, I will do a small pre-bed meal. Workouts are fasted, other then BCAA's, and I train at like 7am.

Weight has held fairly steady, but waist has dropped about .75- 1" from when I started. In the next month or so, I will start to accelerate fat loss a bit, rather then trying to add LBM.

Strength is pretty stable. Incline smith pressed 225 x 14 this morning. My training has totally changed. I have been focusing on muscular endurance, and have upped my rep ranges to the 15-20 range.

bb4arson
03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
^bro post pics in the pic sections ..i want to see how lean you look (no homo of course)

Spec C
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
^bro post pics in the pic sections ..i want to see how lean you look (no homo of course)
lol.. ok.. I am not that lean though. 12-13%. I have shit genetics for getting, and staying lean. It sucks. I hold onto muscle fairly well, while dieting though.

highwhey
03-17-2011, 04:45 PM
trying to cut. just started a real diet and exercise regime this monday. i do 20 mins cardio and then do thew weight lifting afterwards, play some hoops afterwards as well. my diet though is unorganized. i'm eating healthy but i'm not following anything strictly. if anyone can give me some better pointers...
morning 2 eggs with ham(5 turkey pieces around 45 calories total in the ham)
lunch chicken with rice and veggies(all in small portions)
afternoon chicken with rice and veggies
6 or 7pm chicken with rice and veggies

after 7pm i'm not consuming any food.

bb4arson
03-17-2011, 06:47 PM
after 7pm i'm not consuming any food.

why not?

WRX666
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
bulking is hard =(
im tired of seeing my abs

bb4arson
04-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm cutting been doing cardio since the beginning of the month.

Remember man 80 percent diet 20 percent effort :) but keep it up man look up a awesome diet regimin . Don't starve your self like crazy like most noobs do to cut. (I was one at one point)

dan
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, I need help. I seriously need to lose some weight. I'm way out of shape. I want to start working out, but I have no clue where to start. I got a complete home gym last week, a mountain bike, and have been running for about 3 weeks now. I have no clue where to look up a good diet /workout/ running regimen. I'm 5'10'' and weigh 190 lbs. I want to lose 20-30 lbs, and replace my beer gut and flab with muscles and defined abs. Can someone point me in the right direction??

PS. - I have p90x, this good for what I'm looking for??

bb4arson
04-24-2011, 07:40 PM
^^do you have the diet plan they give you with p90x?

dan
04-24-2011, 07:40 PM
no. i cant find it :(

bb4arson
04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
no. i cant find it :(

damn dude thats the most important thing in that program..

bb4arson
07-02-2011, 08:29 PM
im trying to keep my weight stable .. so im eating more carbs ..

atomicx
07-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I hope your eatting whole grain! I personally try to only get my carbs from fruits. But im in my cutting phase, if your tryna bulk, you still gotta eat healthy.

bb4arson
07-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I hope your eatting whole grain! I personally try to only get my carbs from fruits. But im in my cutting phase, if your tryna bulk, you still gotta eat healthy.

i always eat whole grain .. i think it taste better .

not trying to bulk and believe you me ..i learned from my first bulk(dirty) i made hardly any gains on crap food..

but i mean im just throwing a little bit of gummy bears after my work outs in ..

atomicx
07-06-2011, 08:20 AM
i always eat whole grain .. i think it taste better .

not trying to bulk and believe you me ..i learned from my first bulk(dirty) i made hardly any gains on crap food..

but i mean im just throwing a little bit of gummy bears after my work outs in ..

thats good a little sugar after workouts regulate your insulin levels. Smart man you are.

stormsilverek
07-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I am dieting right now and trying to get cut also....1000 calorie diet

Dsquared Upholstery
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Thats so not true. If you stay on a cycle too long your nuts shrink, not your cock

1badLst
07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
They drop back down when you cycle off.............so ive heard...........

Dsquared Upholstery
07-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Depends on if you take something to bring your natural production back
(so ive heard lol)

Dsquared Upholstery
07-07-2011, 07:24 PM
mmm cheap ramen ftw !

and yah chicken and stuff does get expenssive sometimes i see some of the meal plans for bulking up and im like shit ill be wiping out my fridge by the end of the week .

lol.... ramen. No, your body cannot digest 1000 calories in one sitting. You have to space your meals out. Where do you guys come up with this stuff anyways?

1badLst
07-07-2011, 11:07 PM
they will drop without actually taking a pct. they just won't start producing anything

CTD-FAB
07-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Cutting and trying to get into shape for a Marathon in October. 1200 calories a day with alternating days of running and longboarding, for upper body I fabricated my own line of longboard paddles. It makes for a great upper body and core workout and is fucking tough going up hills, haha.

Also got a little shipment from Canada, EC stacks rock!!!

1badLst
07-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I'd be curious as to what you got from Canada? pm me if you don't wanna post it

CTD-FAB
07-07-2011, 11:39 PM
naw its cool. EC stack is ephedra and caffeine. I used to use ephedra products quite a bit before they banned it in the US, you might be able to buy it again in the form of a bronchodilator but I found place with some good prices.

Ephedra + caffeine is my favorite thermogenic, BUT with this heat you need to make sure to drink tons of water and make sure you don't have a history of heart problems or anything like that.

bb4arson
07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
lol.... ramen. No, your body cannot digest 1000 calories in one sitting. You have to space your meals out. Where do you guys come up with this stuff anyways?

that was a long time ago bro ..

Spec C
07-08-2011, 06:16 AM

Where do YOU come up with it? Where did you get this magical number?

How can you make such a blanket statement as that, especially with such authority.? CANNOT!? Lol Based on such an arbitrary number, and no actual facts.

If that were true Americans wouldn't be fat.lol

How about pro bbers or others that need to eat 10k+ calories a day. How is this accomplished if your body can't digest 1k calories in a meal? It would be physically impossible based on time awake, and meal size.

If your body can't digest it where does it go? Does it just disappear? Do you know the difference between digestion and absorption?

If we are talking amino acid uptake/levels, then there is a point of diminishing returns, but it is more complex then just tossing out some "one size fits all" number.

This post is typical regurgitation, spouted off as concrete fact, and based on nothing.

"you must eat 6+ small meals"
"if you eat 1k calories you will go into starvation mode"

Spec C
07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Read these from Layne Norton, suggesting that 4-5 larger meals may actually be better then 6-8 smaller meals, in terms of muscle mass and amino acid uptake.
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/protein_size_&_frequency.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

And these from Lyle Mcdonald.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/meal-frequency-and-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html

Dsquared Upholstery
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Lol, how big are you personally? Are you an actual bodybuilder?

Spec C
07-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Lol, how big are you not personally? Are you an actual bodybuilder?

I am 112 lbs. And I still know your post is misguided. anyone with even the most basic understanding of nutrition would know your statement is absurd.

How about answering any of the questions I made instead of shifting focus.

I am not the biggest person nor claim to be, nor want to be. However I have worked with some of the most well respected nutritionist and prep guys in the game and know what I know. I have also been training for a long time.

My opinion stands. The statement that ones body cant digest 1k calories is ludacris. Intermittent fasting alone proves tgat.

Ps. Feel free to post your stats since we are flexing e muscles.

Pss. Did you read any of the links I posted? Based on actual research and facts by some of the most knowledgeable people in this industry.

Dsquared Upholstery
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
You are one of those small guys that always has to proves themselves arent you. If it will make you feel better, yes, I do look the part. I am 5'9 and I fluctuate between 195 and 200 depending on the season. Anyways, goodluck with your weight gain. Maybe you can write out a mealplean for me since you are so knowledgable. I may need some help with my training as well since you are quite the guru.

Dsquared Upholstery
07-08-2011, 04:40 PM
they will drop without actually taking a pct. they just won't start producing anything

I dont know. It depends on the person. Usually your natural test levels should come back. Depends on what you were taking and how long you were on. Ask spec C. He is the guru lmao!

Spec C
07-08-2011, 05:36 PM
You are one of those small guys that always has to proves themselves arent you. If it will make you feel better, yes, I do look the part. I am 5'9 and I fluctuate between 195 and 200 depending on the season. Anyways, goodluck with your weight gain. Maybe you can write out a mealplean for me since you are so knowledgable. I may need some help with my training as well since you are quite the guru.

Lol. I said that for a reason. I am actually shorter then you and the same weight. I might be leaner too but can't comment on that without pics. I have also been as heavy as 220 but priorities changed. But that is my point, my size is irrelevant the point is your post is bullshit. Lol

You could be 300 lbs and your post would be inaccurate bullshit. But rather then admit you made a stupid blanket statement based on nothing and are wrong, you divert the attention off you and don't even refute anything I said..

Physique doesn't always dictate knowledge or experience.

I mean seriously it is such crap it makes me wonder if you know anything at all. Lol. Really look at how stupid that statement is.

As a man, that is always willing to learn I would easily admit if I were wrong.

Spec C
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I dont know. It depends on the person. Usually your natural test levels should come back. Depends on what you were taking and how long you were on. Ask spec C. He is the guru lmao!

Actually hormones, hormone regulation and replacement is one of my strong suits. Lol ask me about mazdas and I'll tell you I don't know shit. I am not a faker, or bullshiter I don't pretend to know things I don't or have no experience with.

How long have you been training/dealing with nutrition?

Dsquared Upholstery
07-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Im not going to argue with you simply for the sake of argument. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with some insecure guy desperate to prove his physical/ mental strength. Point is, the typical human body cannot digest a full 1000 calories in one sitting. Eating ramen and other bs to bulk is simply stupid. If you know so much than go ahead and post some pictures of your last olympia medal. Until then, please keep your mouth shut.

As for nutrition, I only know what works and gets the job done. Im not going to argue stupid things like macronutrients and cycles. I dont even know you. If you personally knew me I dont think you would be having a conversation like this with me.

No response is required unless you want to post a picture.

fucubic
07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
^^hey bro keep that shit off this thread..no one is really a dick on the health and fitness section stay cool.. this is the only section that is still not full of crap talkers.

and im not going to come out and say post your stats and pics of your amazing gains... because some stuff works for some and other stuff does not work for others ..

you mad spec posts proper?

Spec C
07-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Im not going to argue with you simply for the sake of argument. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with some insecure guy desperate to prove his physical/ mental strength. Point is, the typical human body cannot digest a full 1000 calories in one sitting. Eating ramen and other bs to bulk is simply stupid. If you know so much than go ahead and post some pictures of your last olympia medal. Until then, please keep your mouth shut.

As for nutrition, I only know what works and gets the job done. Im not going to argue stupid things like macronutrients and cycles. I dont even know you. If you personally knew me I dont think you would be having a conversation like this with me.

No response is required unless you want to post a picture.
Who is arguing? It is called a discussion.

You posted a comment to someone saying "i don't know where you guys get this from" which sounded condescending as fuck, and it was prefaced with a total nonsensical bullshit claim.lol

I mean again "Point is, the typical human body cannot digest a full 1000 calories in one sitting" is based on NOTHING, and is not even true. PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE you get this number from. I never said there is a certain number that is correct, or even optimal, I just said your statement is false.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT DIGESTION MEANS? lol

Have you ever looked into intermittent fasting?

I mean seriously, do some actual research, then come have an educated discussion. You are just spouting out typical bodybuilding rhetoric that has been spewed for years.

I am not saying what YOU are doing isn't working for you, and isn't a good method, I don't even know what it is you are doing..lol What I am saying is it isn't the ONLY method. What I am saying is that comment you made is FALSE. Nothing more.

If I posted "you can't get shredded eating fruity pebbles every day" I would hope someone would say "well that is a retarded claim, and you certainly can get shredded eating fruity pebbles".

Your "olympia" comment is another laughable one. So people who win the Mr O are the only ones qualified to give advice? lol So what are you doing here?

I have friends that are national level competitors, that know next to SHIT. Now not saying all of theses guys know nothing but you can't say "oh that dude is big he knows his shit". Some of the biggest people you meet might know the least.

Look at Chris Aceto, one of the best damn nutritionists/prep guys in the industry, and he isn't much to look at.

You can feel free to post pics if you want though, but it won't prove anything other then maybe you do actually lift. My pics have been posted, and I am happy where I am at, and it fits my goals. My goals are not to be overly massive anymore.

Maybe you need to relax a little, realize you are wrong, and we can move on. I am here to help people out, and posting things like that, is not helpful to anyone. We are all a pretty tight knit group in this section, all trying to help each other out and reach our goals. No one is here to fight with each other. We are here to spread good information, not misinformation.

BTW I never said eating ramen is a good choice, either. I never commented on ANYTHING you said other then that comment. I never commented on your PCT comments, because they are on the right track.

I am not trying to be a dick here, but you are coming in here, with a chip on your shoulder trying to argue with me on a statement you are clearly wrong on.. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I don't know it all, far from it. But I do know that statement is incorrect.lol

Dsquared Upholstery
07-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Look, these posts are getting very redundant. I dont have a chip on my shoulder, not even a little. You were the one that attempted to pick apart what I said.

CTD-FAB
07-09-2011, 11:30 AM
More info on the Fruity Pebble diet please

Spec C
07-09-2011, 11:42 AM
More info on the Fruity Pebble diet please

Lol. Post workout, refeeds, etc. google skip hill and skiploading he has his clients eating kids cereal(among other tasty treats) until show time.
He also achieves some of the sickest conditioning out there(imo) while having his clients eat food choices that are not typical to say the least. It comes down to nutrient timing, and glycogen depletion/replenishment/super compensation.

Also read the"lean gains" site for some info on intermittent fasting. Their principles also have some more freedom with food choices.

Some different but similar ideologies are "if it fits your macros" in which. Once you hit your desired protein requirements (for example) the rest is fair game.

A lot of people are moving away from the monotonous, boring diets of the past and are having equally good results with less conventional principles. Not to say they don't work, and I would still recommend that style depending on the persons goals, and other factors but it isn't the only way.

Sorry to not go into more detail, but I am sitting in an airport on my cell and typing lengthy posts is annoying.lol