PDA

View Full Version : AZHT college students or been to college

civic_ls_vtec
04-05-2010, 10:14 PM
So im taking eng102, I got a bitchy teacher. long story short i have to write a 10 page research paper on college students dependent technology. I am wondering if any of you have done any research papers that I can look at to get examples. Super civic help me out on this one too:all_coholic:

jägermeister
04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
interesting.

Mafioso
04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Do it yourself.. you'll feel more accomplished for doing it yourself. 10 pages is nothing. I have a paper that I'm doing right now that is minimum 10 pages and another one that I'm finishing up and it's already 25 pages. Thank God I graduate here in December this year.

bryans_k20
04-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Haha, yah I am going for my Master's right now, woot woot. But finished my undergrad last year. 10 pages is not bad, is it 12pt font and double-spaced, because really that is only 5 pages, not much.

Just start with an outline and go from there, you'll do fine. Follow a simple format like so:

Tell them what you are going to tell them,

Tell them,

Then tell them what you told them.

Or in other words structure your paper nicely. Start with an abstract (or strait to the intro depending on kind of paper), then intro, then body (where all the details are), then wrap it up with a nice conclusion. Just try and pick a nice flow for your paper, one point feeding off the next, or one leading into the next and so on. Make it read "smooth". And make sure to take a little time on the conclusion, that is the most important part, it is what the reader reads last and what sticks in their mind the most. A paper could be written well but have a crappy conclusion and score lower points than it really should.

Just some pointers. Do a little research, bullshitz the rest and you'll do fine.

quickeR
04-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Just finished a 15 page research paper... This is that format i used:

Title page

Executive summary ( Basically sum everything into 1 page summary)

Index

Current state of affairs

Recommendations

Bibliography

I also found it easy to use sub-headings (can make it easier to read/write)

Just look up a bunch of scholarly articles about technology dealing with students cut and paste (cite) then add in your own 2 cents...

Daddy_Digital
04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Double space that shit!!

parahelium
04-05-2010, 11:28 PM
10 pages is really not that much, just repeat some of the stuffs over and over.

bb4arson
04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
10 pages is really not that much, just repeat some of the stuffs over and over.

uhh this is what makes a horrible paper ..:lame:

Fix.it.again.Tony
04-06-2010, 01:51 AM
lol 10 pages isn't that bad, thats like 2 math problems for me lol.

xUNDEADxCIVICx
04-06-2010, 02:47 AM
shit. ill do the paper if i get credit for it, i could use some college credits and a feeling of accomplishment. haha

but yeah, 10 pages is easy, just sounds like alot.

MrRline2010
04-06-2010, 03:51 AM
I have a paper, but with all the plagiarism shit that they preach about I don't even lend them out to see. All I can say is just map out some ideas and make sure that you have lots of sources. Remember your building a paper to try and convince me of something (usually that's what 102 is about)

civic_ls_vtec
04-06-2010, 08:47 AM
i know its nothing but i dont know how to do a researsh paper, i need examples.. I googled some of them but suck ass i need to pay to see them:sm:

deely7
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Where you go to college at?
I got a 10 page research paper that I should be working on right now too.
mine has to be on a health related topic.

imm0rtal
04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
honestly, that is the easiest topic for a 10 page paper I have ever heard if I am understanding it correctly. College Students can't function without their technology. Look around you on campus. How many people have their smartphones, ipods, laptops in their hands while out and about? Now imagine how that would be without the ability to do any of that?

For example, this morning I was talking with my boss about how 24 years ago when I was just born the in home game console was the next big thing, now that shit is old news if it can't push out 3D entertainment into your home. See where I'm going with that? If you need a personal (i.e. interview) type source I would be happy to answer some questions for you about my observations on the effects technology has on today's society versus in the past :)

Rufus
04-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm writing an 8 page paper for ENG102 at SCC right now. Just finished my annotated bibliography.

jakellama123
04-06-2010, 12:22 PM
ahh how im glad i took english 101 and 102 for college credit in high school

justanother
04-06-2010, 12:22 PM
lol i have 10 page research college bout bioengineering....god...i bareely page 3..and no double space....

Fix.it.again.Tony
04-06-2010, 01:12 PM
lol i have 10 page research college bout bioengineering....god...i bareely page 3..and no double space....

my degree is in biomedical engineering

what are you covering in your paper?

super_civic
04-06-2010, 01:22 PM
So im taking eng102, I got a bitchy teacher. long story short i have to write a 10 page research paper on college students dependent technology. I am wondering if any of you have done any research papers that I can look at to get examples. Super civic help me out on this one too:all_coholic:

Dude, I'll help you as soon as I figure out how I'm going to do my paper LOL.
That prof talks waaaay too much and makes shit confusing, everyday in her class....i die a little bit.

civic_ls_vtec
04-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Dude, I'll help you as soon as I figure out how I'm going to do my paper LOL.
That prof talks waaaay too much and makes shit confusing, everyday in her class....i die a little bit.

fuck yeah did u understand what she was sayin on monday??

that one guy
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
thank goodness I finished all my eng prerequisites already, I hate english classes with a passion

civic_ls_vtec
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
we on the same boat bro

LoooseGSR
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Currently pursuing my ChFC Designation...got my Bachelors in 2003.

apSquidFace
04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Damn, wish I was back in the 10 page days.... last semester I had to submit a project in English Literature that was 17 pages with single line spacing, no larger than size 12 font, based on the comparison between James Dickeys "Deliverance" and Urban Sprawl in modern day Arizona.... fuuuuuuuuuuck that sucked.

civic_ls_vtec
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm writing an 8 page paper for ENG102 at SCC right now. Just finished my annotated bibliography.

can i look at it bro just need an example

KrenzyRyan
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
If your teacher allows it, throw some graphs in there that show the amount of college students that are dependent on technology in relation to time. IE, 1990 - 2010
That should take up a good amount of room :)

Im currently working on my Masters. I'm sooo glad to be done with all those nasty pre-reqs. Trust me, it will get easier from here :)

catisoblivious
04-06-2010, 06:05 PM
citing a lot of things (paraphrasing, quotes, summarizing) can make a paper really easy to write, you just need to make sure you give credit to your sources.

catisoblivious
04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
also http://www.ehow.com/how_2067724_write-tenpage-college-term-paper.html