92hatchtuner
04-06-2010, 08:03 PM
LMAO..... Nice!

Lol x2

Daddy_Digital
04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/10s9d0g.png

HAHA! shouldve used their perks

they werent civilians. according to the laws of war, the moment someone picks up a weapon of ANY KIND, they are considered an enemy troop. the US militrary reserves the right to light ur ass up if u pick up a gun and point it at one of ours. out there you dont know who is who. they dont wear a uniform letting u know if they are your side or not. they had AK47s, and RPGs..would u have rather had a US troop take a bullet or get blown up by the RPG? so its not fucked up. its WAR son!

rudsone
04-06-2010, 08:24 PM
i thought it was a camera?

c1500
04-06-2010, 08:28 PM
fucked up? i didnt see one thing fucked up about that vid.

RogueSteel
04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Supposedly they were just camera men, oh fucking well.

Type - O
04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
HAHA! shouldve used their perks

^^HOOAH! thats right!

they werent civilians. according to the laws of war, the moment someone picks up a weapon of ANY KIND, they are considered an enemy troop. the US militrary reserves the right to light ur ass up if u pick up a gun and point it at one of ours. out there you dont know who is who. they dont wear a uniform letting u know if they are your side or not. they had AK47s, and RPGs..would u have rather had a US troop take a bullet or get blown up by the RPG? so its not fucked up. its WAR son!

there were no weapons. just goes to show once again that the army cant do anything right. and then they try to keep it quite for 3 years so that no one knows that once again they looked like a bunch of fucking retards. maybe im a little biased but come on? did ANYTHING on them really look like a fucking rpg or ak-47 really? and then shooting a civilian van? does nobody know this story? they were shooting at a reporter for reuters. heres the full CNN story

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/04/06/iraq.journalists.killed/index.html?hpt=C1

RogueSteel
04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Nothing can be done about it now, just get our pilots more squared away on target acquisition and confirmation, maybe HQ should have a live video feed of the aircraft's combat cam to avoid this shit?

crx3
04-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Unfortunately it appears as though the aerial observer mistook a big camera with a long lens as a weapon, shit happens. What surprised me was when they engaged the minivan trying to evacuate the sole survivor of the initial attack. The minivan was essentially an ambulance, manned by good Samaritans. The 2 children that were wounded were in the minivan. It would have been nice if the observer could have waited a little longer to make sure of the targets before opening up with a 30mm cannon. Some people will probably loose their careers over this. The link below explains the mistakes that happened.

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

jhooper
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
how tragic......

im already over it....... USA ALL THE WAY

Daddy_Digital
04-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Type-O...have u ever been in the military? have u ever been down range (deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan)?

Evil Empire
04-07-2010, 12:32 AM

OK, so there's nothing wrong with Al-Qaeda and the other various groups strapping themselves up with bombs, cramming a truck with explosives and ramming it into a US Army checkpoint, or placing roadside IEDs in the way of American Army convoys.

Going by your logic...

eviilboy
04-07-2010, 01:41 AM
OK, so there's nothing wrong with Al-Qaeda and the other various groups strapping themselves up with bombs, cramming a truck with explosives and ramming it into a US Army checkpoint, or placing roadside IEDs in the way of American Army convoys.

Going by your logic...

There was logic?

bumpstick
04-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Watch the video at 19:17. A grunt reports what he believes to be an RPG, under the dead body of an individual. He thought it was an RPG (no conformation from the video that it wasn't) from 2 feet away, but a guy in a helicopter more than 500 feet away isn't allowed to reach the same conclusion without being labeled a murderer?
War is hell. If you've been, you know. If you haven't, you should be thanking the people that fought and died to give you the right to run your pogue mouth and talk about what you don't know. Did innocents die? According to the video I saw, no. According to reports about the footage I saw, yes. In any armed conflict there will be collateral damage. Don't call it murder though, because it wasn't.

eviilboy
04-07-2010, 04:19 AM

you're a fucking moron.

the more innocents we attack now.. the more enemies we create for later... you're so fucking blind past the end of your blunt little nose that you cannot understand that we're in a very precarious situation...

and... we as america have always taken the high ground in regards to morals / not killing innocents / civilians... so now... we shouldn't? I'm glad you're not running our Army.

While we shouldn't be there, we should be conducting ourselves professionally and according to the standards set forth by our military. I am not going to make the call about what happened on the video... because I wasn't there and I didn't see / experience what happened... but all these fucking idiot comments from retards like you on about sand niggers... Seriously?

Mr Rukas
04-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I agree the name calling is not necessary. Every single man down should have known the danger in the job as a reporter/photographer especially in times like these. As far as the other people helping the one man. They known the risk in going in and helping the wounded.

I'd hate to say this but if they were civilians shit happens in war that is far from friendly...

But were they supposed to wait until they were shot down?

Rules of engagement is partially a joke.

Someone read the book "Lone Survivor"
By Marcus Luttrell

A SEAL team was on a mission staking out in higher Mountains observing Taliban forces.
they let go 3 farmers that had stumbled upon their position because of rules of engagement
Even though they all new the threat the farmers were
The farmers immediately told the Taliban about the Seals.
And all hell breaks loose.

VERY VERY GOOD BOOK HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

I've been conditioning myself so I can at least strengthen my chance of becoming a SEAL

Ill be damned if I let someone slide who I believe is a threat to my life or my comrades.

SED
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
there were no weapons. just goes to show once again that the army cant do anything right. and then they try to keep it quite for 3 years so that no one knows that once again they looked like a bunch of fucking retards. maybe im a little biased but come on? did ANYTHING on them really look like a fucking rpg or ak-47 really? and then shooting a civilian van? does nobody know this story? they were shooting at a reporter for reuters. heres the full CNN story

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/04/06/iraq.journalists.killed/index.html?hpt=C1

This site shows sworn statements and report....... PLEASE READ THIS
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/201889.php

this shows the pic he was taking.... the guy in the apache didn't know it was a camera
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/us_murder_reuters_humvee.jpg

but here shows the guys that had an ak and rpg standing behind the camera guy..... don't think the camera guys deserved it but that's what happens when you hangout with guy with ak's and rpg's
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/us_murder_reuters_rpg1.jpg

SED
04-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Watch the video at 19:17. A grunt reports what he believes to be an RPG, under the dead body of an individual. He thought it was an RPG (no conformation from the video that it wasn't) from 2 feet away, but a guy in a helicopter more than 500 feet away isn't allowed to reach the same conclusion without being labeled a murderer?
War is hell. If you've been, you know. If you haven't, you should be thanking the people that fought and died to give you the right to run your pogue mouth and talk about what you don't know. Did innocents die? According to the video I saw, no. According to reports about the footage I saw, yes. In any armed conflict there will be collateral damage. Don't call it murder though, because it wasn't.

i agree with you 100%...... and the part with the kids. i didn't see the kids in the van untill they pointed them out later in the video. there is no way you can tell there kids..... when they first said kids were hit, i thought they were in one of the houses.

SED
04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
you're a fucking moron.

the more innocents we attack now.. the more enemies we create for later... you're so fucking blind past the end of your blunt little nose that you cannot understand that we're in a very precarious situation...

and... we as america have always taken the high ground in regards to morals / not killing innocents / civilians... so now... we shouldn't? I'm glad you're not running our Army.

While we shouldn't be there, we should be conducting ourselves professionally and according to the standards set forth by our military. I am not going to make the call about what happened on the video... because I wasn't there and I didn't see / experience what happened... but all these fucking idiot comments from retards like you on about sand niggers... Seriously?

i agree with you too...... i wouldn't be surprised if relatives of the kids become insurgents. this was all just a screw up/ an accident, the innocent were just around the wrong ppl and mistaken as insurgents. very tragic

The God Damn Batman
04-07-2010, 12:22 PM
i find it disturbng just with the comments "light them up" "haha got em" "oh yeah look at those dead bastard" "nice"etc.. shits jacked

jhooper
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
i find it disturbng just with the comments "light them up" "haha got em" "oh yeah look at those dead bastard" "nice"etc.. shits jacked

thats funny cuz while i was watching the video i kept saying LIGHT EM UP!!!!

91DA9
04-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Im LOVING the racism in this thread.. wow..most of you people have no fucking respect for anyone but yourselves. someone died.. it appears to be in vain also...but their race.. makes it right?

No, ideology makes it ok. I don't care what God you pray to, if someone attempts to kill my country's citizens in the name of their God it is my firm belief that we have the right as a people to eliminate said attackers through any means necessary. I don't care if they're muslim, christian, buddhist, etc. Our troops perceived a threat, target was eliminated. Simple as that.

The God Damn Batman
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
^the same country that really.. at the end of the day.. doesnt give a damn about you?

whatever the situation is.. the guy was a camera man correct?
he shouldnt have died.. and its jacked.

bumpstick
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
pack your bags, we're going off topic

91DA9
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
you're a fucking moron.

Those enemies will be there regardless. Muslim Fundamentalists have been hell-bent on world domination for thousands of years. The Greeks set the Persians back nearly 2 full generations. It appears it's about time we do the same.

91DA9
04-07-2010, 12:38 PM
^the same country that really.. at the end of the day.. doesnt give a damn about you?

whatever the situation is.. the guy was a camera man correct?
he shouldnt have died.. and its jacked.

Sure, but shit happens. That's just war. The guy holding the camera knew what he was getting himself into when he took that assignment. Friendly fire happens - it sucks, but it happens, and that's just how it is. You can't protect every single civilian no matter how hard we try.

JDMitation
04-07-2010, 12:39 PM
every insurgent you kill recruits 5 more at his funeral. this "war" will not be "won" with helicopter strikes.

The God Damn Batman
04-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Sure, but shit happens. That's just war. The guy holding the camera knew what he was getting himself into when he took that assignment. Friendly fire happens - it sucks, but it happens, and that's just how it is. You can't protect every single civilian no matter how hard we try.

i feel you but, thats why i disagree with war altogether.. its pointless, solves nothing.. innocent people die, families are torn apart.. the soldiers themselves are completely "changed" for lack of a better word they are never the same after what they go thru... basically.. imo it just makes things worse for EVERYONE involved. I hope that if something happens here im not just" in the wrong place at the wrong time" and get blasted away for walking down a street and some person that I am not aware of has a gun near me.
especially with the shooters lauighing at my death, and saying things to imply thier total lack of respect or concern of my life.

whatever.. screw war, this war, past wars and everyone of them in the future. i mean no disrespect.. i actually just feel bad for the guys over there.

gunsup0331
04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
hajii cameramen at the scene of insurgent attacks are not uncommon BECAUSE INSURGENTS FILM ATTACKS MADE ON AMERICANS!! Shit happened all the time when i was there. I bet the cameraman was brought there by the bad guys.

SweetNuts
04-07-2010, 02:26 PM
but here shows the guys that had an ak and rpg standing behind the camera guy..... don't think the camera guys deserved it but that's what happens when you hangout with guy with ak's and rpg's

this should shut down any arguement that they should not have engaged no? if i remember correctly, the hummers said they were also engaged previously in the area as well.

hajii cameramen at the scene of insurgent attacks are not uncommon BECAUSE INSURGENTS FILM ATTACKS MADE ON AMERICANS!! I bet the cameraman was brought there by the bad guys.

x2 well said its all over the internet

PandaBear
04-07-2010, 02:37 PM
we have been doing this since 2001. but its okay because i do not have one insurgent friend. they can kill all them mother fuckers

Nedaaaah
04-07-2010, 02:38 PM
i thought it wasnt declared a "war" yet, who the fuck knows.

PandaBear
04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
the war on terror. (they call it that because terror is not a specific target)

Mr Rukas
04-07-2010, 02:46 PM
It seems as though people think war is a friendly thing? We aren't throwing water balloons at people until they give up and change their "i want to kill everyone" ways.

Why should you throw rules on someone else who is in a life or death situation.
Lets start showing the decapitations these fuckers do to Americans or anyone for us.
What then? Are we going to nominate them on there video editing skills? Or you finally going to see that your innocent insurgents aren't friendly?
Fuck that.

I sometimes wonder because everyone wants us out of this "war"
The freedom of speech doesn't mean the government has to listen.
lol

EDited (I know its not a War but wtf else am i supposed to call it? a skirmish between the two?)

jhooper
04-07-2010, 02:52 PM
It seems as though people think war is a friendly thing? We aren't throwing water balloons at people until they give up and change their "i want to kill everyone" ways.

Lets start showing the decapitations these fuckers do to Americans or anyone for us.
What then? Are we going to nominate them on there video editing skills? Or you finally going to see that your innocent insurgents aren't friendly?
Fuck that.

well said.....

and i think its called a "conflict" like the korean war was actually the "korean conflict". i think Nam was considered a conflict too.

thesauce108
04-07-2010, 02:57 PM
the vicious cycle seems to never end, yet we pretend to view our actions as righteous. when will we all learn that death and killing, never solves anything and always lead to more violence.

ICD
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htrjz6cFz1c

Nedaaaah
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM

Fuck that.

I sometimes wonder because everyone wants us out of this "war"
The freedom of speech doesn't mean the government has to listen.
lol

EDited (I know its not a War but wtf else am i supposed to call it? a skirmish between the two?)

i love when rants end in an edited post. ha!

Evil Empire
04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
the vicious cycle seems to never end, yet we pretend to view our actions as righteous. when will we all learn that death and killing, never solves anything and always lead to more violence.

Well said.

As far as when we'll learn...sadly, probably when all humans die off which probably isn't too far off in the future considering the way we're headed.

gunsup0331
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
lol @ "coMflict"

crx3
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
This site shows sworn statements and report....... PLEASE READ THIS
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/201889.php

this shows the pic he was taking.... the guy in the apache didn't know it was a camera
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/us_murder_reuters_humvee.jpg

Good post, thanks. Seems like there are 3 sides to every story. Looks as though the photographers accompanied enemy insurgents so they could get the money shot as US troops were attacked with RPG and automatic weapon fire. Just because some photographer in Baghdad gets a check from Reuters doesn't mean he is neutral, on our side, or a good guy. I've heard stories from a few Iraq War veterans of enemy combatants who sell food and drinks to coalition troops during the day, and set up IEDs at night. Remember the attack on a CIA base in Afghanistan by a Jordanian doctor who was an al-Qaida double-agent. War is hell.

Crazy88
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM

"Pogue"? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pogue

you're a fucking moron.

Thanks, Bro. You saved me from having to type all that. Evilboy always has something intelligent and rational to say.

SED
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Good post, thanks. Seems like there are 3 sides to every story. Looks as though the photographers accompanied enemy insurgents so they could get the money shot as US troops were attacked with RPG and automatic weapon fire. Just because some photographer in Baghdad gets a check from Reuters doesn't mean he is neutral, on our side, or a good guy. I've heard stories from a few Iraq War veterans of enemy combatants who sell food and drinks to coalition troops during the day, and set up IEDs at night. Remember the attack on a CIA base in Afghanistan by a Jordanian doctor who was an al-Qaida double-agent. War is hell.

ya that or like gunsup0331 said
[gunsup0331;1948182] hajii cameramen at the scene of insurgent attacks are not uncommon BECAUSE INSURGENTS FILM ATTACKS MADE ON AMERICANS!! Shit happened all the time when i was there. I bet the cameraman was brought there by the bad guys.

i've seen videos like that, that shows US troops passing an iraqi army ("the guys on our side") check point only to be ied's 100 meters down the road.

1lowtacoma
04-07-2010, 05:21 PM
video is awesome A+

makes me wish i was in the gunner seat

gunsup0331
04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
pogue is a misnomer for POG:
Personnel Other than Grunt
ie: non-infantry

Crazy88
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
pogue is a misnomer for pog:
Personnel other than grunt
ie: Non-infantry

ok.

91DA9
04-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Well said.

As far as when we'll learn...sadly, probably when all humans die off which probably isn't too far off in the future considering the way we're headed.

A+ answer! We actually agree on something...

taketurns
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
so much ignorance in this thread. most of the people who call them "sand niggers" have not the slightest clue of why "we're" really there to begin with.

ignorance breeds fear, fear breeds anger. thats why you're mad and say such stupid comments like, "thats funny cuz while i was watching the video i kept saying LIGHT EM UP!!!!"

i'd like for "jhooper" to show me two valid reasons why this war is taking place, and i'll show you two reasons why this country is going straight to hell in a hand basket.

put down your xbox controller and go read revelations.

God help us.

jhooper
04-07-2010, 11:19 PM
so much ignorance in this thread. most of the people who call them "sand niggers" have not the slightest clue of why "we're" really there to begin with.

ignorance breeds fear, fear breeds anger. thats why you're mad and say such stupid comments like, "thats funny cuz while i was watching the video i kept saying LIGHT EM UP!!!!"

i'd like for "jhooper" to show me two valid reasons why this war is taking place, and i'll show you two reasons why this country is going straight to hell in a hand basket.

put down your xbox controller and go read revelations.

God help us.

only 2 reasons?

reason 1: 9/11 was an act done by muslum terrorists right? how many innocent died? do you think any of them give a shit?

reason2: wasnt it a muslum terrorist that straped a bomb to his nuts and boarded that plane with intent to blow it up.

reason 3: was it not a nut case muslum that shot up fort hood?

4: muslum terrorists blowing themselvs and innocents in isreal?

5: isnt it muslum terrorists CUTTING OFF OUR SOLDIERS HEADS?

people like you piss me off. gtfo of LA LA LAND, if the this war was on our home land do you really think they would think twice about killing everyone in sight, innocent civilian or not? NO!

anything else?

gunsup0331
04-07-2010, 11:28 PM
only 2 reasons?

reason 1: 9/11 was an act done by muslum terrorists right? how many innocent died? do you think any of them give a shit?

reason2: wasnt it a muslum terrorist that straped a bomb to his nuts and boarded that plane with intent to blow it up.

people like you piss me off. gtfo of LA LA LAND, if the this war was on our home land do you really think they would think twice about killing everyone in sight, innocent civilian or not? NO!

anything else?
your spelling and grammar are atrocious but i understand how you feel
im wary around groups of black people because they are statistically more likely per capita to commit a crime. Just sayin

jhooper
04-07-2010, 11:31 PM
sorry. english isnt my best subject lol

parahelium
04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
this sucks regardless of who is right or wrong.

eviilboy
04-08-2010, 12:17 AM
this sucks regardless of who is right or wrong.

War isn't about who's right or wrong.. it's about who's left.

(directed at other posters in this thread):

The idea that just cause they were carrying an ak47 makes them an enemy combatant... kinda stupid considering that 90% of them over there have one to protect their families with.

Akin this to... you're driving around on bell.. and get pulled over... cause you're driving a honda.. they just arrest you... cause you're driving a riced out honda and you're hanging out on bell.. Fuck.. you could just be driving through... You haven't DONE technically anything wrong.. but... you know what.. FUCK you.. you might do something wrong.

That's how fucking stupid your guy's arguments are. Jesus this thread deserves a link in the stupidest shit I've heard thread.

eviilboy
04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Those enemies will be there regardless. Muslim Fundamentalists have been hell-bent on world domination for thousands of years. The Greeks set the Persians back nearly 2 full generations. It appears it's about time we do the same.

What's your point?

Were you homies with these guys and had inside information that they were about to do some stupid shit?

I doubt that... way to go with the generalizations.

While I don't doubt that POSSIBLY these guys were up to some shady shit... that's not how america works... we don't arrest people on shit they COULD do... we do shit about shit they DID do.

bumpstick
04-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Akin this to... you're driving around on bell.. and get pulled over... cause you're driving a honda.. they just arrest you... cause you're driving a riced out honda and you're hanging out on bell.. Fuck.. you could just be driving through... You haven't DONE technically anything wrong.. but... you know what.. FUCK you.. you might do something wrong.

That's how fucking stupid your guy's arguments are. Jesus this thread deserves a link in the stupidest shit I've heard thread.

Not even close to what you claim it's "akin" to. Driving a Honda down Bell and being in the same general proximity as a group of ARMED men in a region that is ENGAGED IN COMBAT with another country are two different things.

What's your point? I doubt that... way to go with the generalizations.

Way to go with your generalizations though. I can usually mark the point at which a thread goes to shit by the point at which you post, because 9 times out of 10, you come out calling people "morons" or "retards." Trust me, I've been called names by you before, for no reason. At this point, in this thread, you have done less to prove your point than anybody who argued in favor of the actions of the Apache pilots.
Every single thing you post, IMO, is based off of your emotional response to action, rather than a logical response. You have your opinions and those are respected here, but don't call other people names to try to prove your point.

ek4franky
04-08-2010, 01:05 AM
dope vid

Evil Empire
04-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Way to go with your generalizations though. I can usually mark the point at which a thread goes to shit by the point at which you post, because 9 times out of 10, you come out calling people "morons" or "retards." Trust me, I've been called names by you before, for no reason. At this point, in this thread, you have done less to prove your point than anybody who argued in favor of the actions of the Apache pilots.
Every single thing you post, IMO, is based off of your emotional response to action, rather than a logical response. You have your opinions and those are respected here, but don't call other people names to try to prove your point.

I agree that name-calling generally doesn't do anything for your case & is useless and I don't know about other threads, but I think his name-calling in this thread is 100% justified. Just my opinion, though, because I tend to agree with those who despise misinformed, racist, and hateful people.

eviilboy
04-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Not even close to what you claim it's "akin" to. Driving a Honda down Bell and being in the same general proximity as a group of ARMED men in a region that is ENGAGED IN COMBAT with another country are two different things.

One...

My correlation is spot on... In the mid-east it's nothing to see people walking down the street with ak47s... They use them for protecting their families from raiders at night / etc... so.. Just caused their armed in a combat zone means jack-shit. Were they shooting at anyone? I haven't looked at the video... because I don't have the time.. but answer this.. did they shoot at anyone?

If not, your point is moot... They've done nothing wrong other than be in the wrong place at the wrong time... with jackasses who do not value human life behind the other side of a gun pointed at them.

So.. because their armed.. they're free targets... while just cause you drive a riced up honda down bell.. you're an open target... cause you might do something stupid... Much like they could... oh.. and both could end in the loss of life.. how spot on.

Emotional response?

Because I call a duck a duck? Sorry if it bothers you that I'm to the point and direct about you and other people's stupidity... If you don't like it... maybe you should attempt to do something about it like learn about the world around you?

Points made by myself:

1: I called you and various other people idiots, because of the sand niggers references and the "if they ain't american fuck them" mottos... Emotional? Nah, factual.

2: I didn't take sides either way, because I didn't see what happened... nor was I there... I've simple taken the side of "If you didn't know what they were doing... nor were they actually doing something wrong.. then they didn't deserve to be shot up."... Emotional? Nah, that's just rational thought.

*yawn*

Jdm as whatt?
04-08-2010, 02:13 AM
People like this make the army look bad in my opinion. Yes, there is a "war" going on but that does not give you any right to shoot at anyone who looks like they MIGHT do something wrong. You shouldn't go to war looking to kill, you should go into war looking to solve the solution with the least amount of force possible if you ask me. Also, the general lack of respect for human life on BOTH sides is what keeps these and other wars going

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

bumpstick
04-08-2010, 02:41 AM
One...

My correlation is spot on... In the mid-east it's nothing to see people walking down the street with ak47s... They use them for protecting their families from raiders at night / etc... so.. Just caused their armed in a combat zone means jack-shit. Were they shooting at anyone? I haven't looked at the video... because I don't have the time.. but answer this.. did they shoot at anyone?

If not, your point is moot... They've done nothing wrong other than be in the wrong place at the wrong time... with jackasses who do not value human life behind the other side of a gun pointed at them.

So.. because their armed.. they're free targets... while just cause you drive a riced up honda down bell.. you're an open target... cause you might do something stupid... Much like they could... oh.. and both could end in the loss of life.. how spot on.

Emotional response?

Because I call a duck a duck? Sorry if it bothers you that I'm to the point and direct about you and other people's stupidity... If you don't like it... maybe you should attempt to do something about it like learn about the world around you?

Points made by myself:

1: I called you and various other people idiots, because of the sand niggers references and the "if they ain't american fuck them" mottos... Emotional? Nah, factual.

2: I didn't take sides either way, because I didn't see what happened... nor was I there... I've simple taken the side of "If you didn't know what they were doing... nor were they actually doing something wrong.. then they didn't deserve to be shot up."... Emotional? Nah, that's just rational thought.

*yawn*
1st statement: Negative. Iraqi households are allowed one weapon for self defense, be it an AK, a Makarov, or a Colt 45. One weapon. Not as liberal as US laws, yes, but hey, if they had policed themselves a decade ago, they'd probably be spending Euros as we speak. And "walking down the street" with an AK is not common behavior, contrary to what you may have heard.
2nd statement: You didn't even watch the video, yet you post like you have all the answers. No comment on this one as you are ill prepared to keep talking about what you are ignorant about. That was easy.
3rd statement: Again, you call people names and generalize. So, the pilots don't value life, but are supposed to let other people point guns at them? Or the dead people don't value life, except when guns are pointed at them? Listen to the video. Weapons WERE found in/on several of the "innocent civilians."
4th statement: I did do something about it. I served and was deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I learned a lot. But I realize now that this first hand experience makes me a "moron" and a "retard" in your eyes. As such, I have no choice but to label your diatribe as an emotional response, as it is based not off of first hand experience, but second hand conjecture, which I can only assume is anybody else's opinion BUT your own.
5th statement: You already invalidated your response because I never called anybody a "sand nigger" or wrote, "if they ain't american fuck them."
6th statement: Well, a video was posted. The fact that you chose not to actually watch it means that anything you say regarding the events depicted on the video is either false, or misinformed. As such, please refrain from calling those whose ideals differ from yours by derogatory names and please avoid, if possible, preaching about subjects on which you have failed to educate yourself.

bumpstick
04-08-2010, 02:42 AM
*yawn* lol

VtecGoesMmbah?
04-08-2010, 03:54 AM
I don't see why people are being so ridiculous about this video.
If I was in the military fuck the bull shit rules of engagement you fucking aim an AK
at me and ill be glad to pump some rounds into you, what no body understands is its fucking kill or be killed out there.
I'm talking to a buddy on skype and he agrees he would have engaged as well.
you gotta do what you gotta do.
KILL OR BE KILLED!

taketurns
04-08-2010, 06:52 AM
only 2 reasons?

anything else?

i bet you think fox news is a great source for whats going on with this country. i won't even begin to explain to you the truth, you wouldn't be able to grasp anything i say.

SED
04-08-2010, 07:23 AM

The idea that just cause they were carrying an ak47 makes them an enemy combatant... kinda stupid considering that 90% of them over there have one to protect their families with.

you can't start comparing apples and oranges......... i can see were your coming from but this is a war torn country were death can come any second. i can deal with a ticket, no big deal. but how do you think you would deal with a group of millitary aged males with ak's and rpg's gathering down the street from your buddys. also considering that the last few days insurgents were gathering and firing on americans in the area. if i'm not mistaken, civilians are put on a curfew and told to stay in there homes when ever insurgents start gather in there area....... they are all clearly warned to stay inside or they would be considered the enemy. maybe arrested if unarmed or shot if considered hostile (like the group you see in the video gathering with weapons).

SED
04-08-2010, 07:41 AM
1st statement: Negative. Iraqi households are allowed one weapon for self defense, be it an AK, a Makarov, or a Colt 45. One weapon. Not as liberal as US laws, yes, but hey, if they had policed themselves a decade ago, they'd probably be spending Euros as we speak. And "walking down the street" with an AK is not common behavior, contrary to what you may have heard.
2nd statement: You didn't even watch the video, yet you post like you have all the answers. No comment on this one as you are ill prepared to keep talking about what you are ignorant about. That was easy.
3rd statement: Again, you call people names and generalize. So, the pilots don't value life, but are supposed to let other people point guns at them? Or the dead people don't value life, except when guns are pointed at them? Listen to the video. Weapons WERE found in/on several of the "innocent civilians."
4th statement: I did do something about it. I served and was deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I learned a lot. But I realize now that this first hand experience makes me a "moron" and a "retard" in your eyes. As such, I have no choice but to label your diatribe as an emotional response, as it is based not off of first hand experience, but second hand conjecture, which I can only assume is anybody else's opinion BUT your own.
5th statement: You already invalidated your response because I never called anybody a "sand nigger" or wrote, "if they ain't american fuck them."
6th statement: Well, a video was posted. The fact that you chose not to actually watch it means that anything you say regarding the events depicted on the video is either false, or misinformed. As such, please refrain from calling those whose ideals differ from yours by derogatory names and please avoid, if possible, preaching about subjects on which you have failed to educate yourself.

thank you i was thinking about this too. and there holding an rpg...... not one of the weapons civilians are allowed to have. self defence doesn't mean stand out in the middle of the street with your buddys and weapons..... like these guys were doing.

PS thank you and all the troops for serving our country.

PinkFG2_K20
04-08-2010, 08:01 AM
First off...I have strong military ties and I DO support our troops in the decisions that they are forced to make at a time of war.Yes there are innocent civilians that are killed but that is a fact of war. It did make me upset to see in the video that there were two children hurt but when you are in an Apache that is MILES away and cannot see there is a child in a van that was surrounded by people that WERE armed you just have to go for it. Its kill or be killed. If you have not served or dont know anyone that has served over there then you need to shut your mouth and open your eyes. Its not like they are in some random allied country shooting people. They are in a warzone! Be thankful that you have the right to be able to say whatever the fuck you want in this country because guess what, that right to free speech is being protected everyday by our troops!

jhooper
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
i bet you think fox news is a great source for whats going on with this country. i won't even begin to explain to you the truth, you wouldn't be able to grasp anything i say.

educate me bucko. explain this "truth". your probably going to make a reference to the oil over there, please save it. do you honestly not see the people who like to blow up "infidels" as a threat?

what part of kill or be killed dont people like you understand. wtf are we suppoded to do? talk? negociate? reason with the? do you volunteer to go into a room full of people that hate you simply because you dont believe what they do, espically knowing they seem to like killing non muslums. doubt it.

to many people like you in this country, soft and weak. you need to realize that there is no peaceful solution from these people in sight. peace will be obtained through strength, just like it always has.

Fox> cnn. Fox doesnt have to lick liberal asshole to keep its viewers.

Crazy88
04-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm feeling a lotta love in here....War, race, religion, politics....are there any other hotbutton issues we can fight about?

The God Damn Batman
04-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Just listen to "Sly Fox"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blxF1aRuunc

lexus_is300
04-08-2010, 12:20 PM
educate me bucko. explain this "truth". your probably going to make a reference to the oil over there, please save it. do you honestly not see the people who like to blow up "infidels" as a threat?

what part of kill or be killed dont people like you understand. wtf are we suppoded to do? talk? negociate? reason with the? do you volunteer to go into a room full of people that hate you simply because you dont believe what they do, espically knowing they seem to like killing non muslums. doubt it.

to many people like you in this country, soft and weak. you need to realize that there is no peaceful solution from these people in sight. peace will be obtained through strength, just like it always has.

Fox> cnn. Fox doesnt have to lick liberal asshole to keep its viewers.

Agree with this man... And as for killing those kids who knows we might of saved our self another big terrorist attack in the future they coulda been future little bombers lol.. Back to topic!
I dont think "those" people showed any remorse during 9/11 events, why should we? it is war over there, Better them than you.. Kill or be killed.. Im sure the only people who understand is the ones who are there. Not any of us. What would of been your reaction if the people in the apache waited and then there were blown down by an rpg? (yes i know they were miles in the air) im just saying what if? I think they did the right thing, and it would be BS if anything happens to those soldiers. Im glad they did what they did.. KTA (kill them all)

lexus_is300
04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Im just glad none of the people who think what they did was wrong is not in the services lol.. Just my .02

gunsup0331
04-08-2010, 12:29 PM

The idea that just cause they were carrying an ak47 makes them an enemy combatant... kinda stupid considering that 90% of them over there have one to protect their families with
dude youre usually on point but this is straight retarded. If your dumb hajii ass is running around a US military convoy with an AK shortly after a firefight and You are not in uniform you should be shot for pure stupidity

The God Damn Batman
04-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Im just glad none of the people who think what they did was wrong is not in the services lol.. Just my .02

I promise you on my sons life i will NEVER be in the service.

gunsup0331
04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
fwiw fox news is the most straight-up reporting thats out there, regardless of their conservative tilt

whats wrong with being in the service Dom?

The God Damn Batman
04-08-2010, 01:01 PM
fwiw fox news is the most straight-up reporting thats out there, regardless of their conservative tilt

whats wrong with being in the service Dom?

Nothing is wrong with someone making the decision to go. Thats his/her choice.I am not able to join a war nor would I/do I want to.. due to my stand on it.murder is murder.. no matter what its for. I dont have the 'heart' to kill people. yes I know.. some of the guys are the 'bad' guys.. But i would'nt be able to sleep at night knowing that missle i just shot, those rounds i just fired, or that gernade i just threw could have possibly killed an innocent person.

I have a very high value on life.. everyones life, no matter what that person did or did not do. I am just another human being like these people over there, who am I to judge and/or take their life? im just against it. Some people will probably be pissed, so be it. Thats how I feel, and it will never change no matter what is said or done to me.

crx3
04-08-2010, 01:29 PM
I promise you on my sons life i will NEVER be in the service.

You could always serve in a non-combat support role. Administration, supply, medicine, and food service are all military jobs.

AZBOOST92
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
you're a fucking moron.

agreed. the full story is not this. they were all civilians with video eqipment, not guns!!

SweetNuts
04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
agreed. the full story is not this. they were all civilians with video eqipment, not guns!!

really the wtf is this pic below? pretty positive a ground troop also states he found a RPG under a body.

crx3
04-08-2010, 02:11 PM
really the wtf is this pic below? pretty positive a ground troop also states he found a RPG under a body.

Looks like HALF of an AK47.:grin:

SweetNuts
04-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Looks like HALF of an AK47.:grin:

Lol shows the awesomeness factor of the 30mm cannon :d3:

Crazy88
04-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Double negative much? I think the literal meaning of this statement is the opposite of what was intended.

Allow me to refund your $.02.

gunsup0331
04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
didnt feel like quotin and chopping a huge post from my phone....

Dom: i can respect that....as long as there wasnt any disrespect towards svc members

The God Damn Batman
04-09-2010, 07:14 AM
didnt feel like quotin and chopping a huge post from my phone....

Dom: i can respect that....as long as there wasnt any disrespect towards svc members

dont worry no, disrespect intended here

usdm420
04-09-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't get the whole "Boo-hoo, they killed innocent men" crap? If I'm strolling 5 feet in front of 2 dudes with AK's, and there's a war going on......I'm not going to be surprised if gunfire breaks out and I end up wounded or dead. :shrug:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/usdm420/ak2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/usdm420/AK.jpg

Both of these dudes stroll up literally 5 feet behind the two camera men.

expletive that, open fire....all bets are off at that point, especially when you have ground units that are in the area. Your job is to clear the way and make sure that ground unit is as safe as possible.

I'm sorry the kids were injured, but they didn't know kids were in there.

The God Damn Batman
04-09-2010, 08:34 AM
i just dont see, if peope had to be shot.. then why the ground troops couldnt have just shot the guys with weapons and proceeded with caution with the rest to determine and minimize any causulties. unless i missed something altogether

usdm420
04-09-2010, 08:56 AM
i just dont see, if peope had to be shot.. then why the ground troops couldnt have just shot the guys with weapons and proceeded with caution with the rest to determine and minimize any causulties. unless i missed something altogether

You don't send ground troops into a fire fight if you can avoid it.
If you were a troop on the ground, and you had air support.....you wouldn't send the air support through the area first to clear it out as much as possible?

Or send them ahead to clear the way? Makes no sense man. Why risk our own ground troops when we have air superiority?
You're assuming our troops could have taken them out without suffering casualties on our side. We do everything we can to AVOID losing soldiers.
You make it sound so easy "why couldn't the ground troops just shoot the guys with weapons?"

The God Damn Batman
04-09-2010, 09:01 AM
You don't send ground troops into a fire fight if you can avoid it.
If you were a troop on the ground, and you had air support.....you wouldn't send the air support through the area first to clear it out as much as possible?

Or send them ahead to clear the way? Makes no sense man. Why risk our own ground troops when we have air superiority?
You're assuming our troops could have taken them out without suffering casualties on our side. We do everything we can to AVOID losing soldiers.
You make it sound so easy "why couldn't the ground troops just shoot the guys with weapons?"

I see your point now that makes sense to me. I dont know, I guess i have too much heart or something, sucks to see people die like that especially if they are innocent, but then again.. he was right with a bunch of dude with AK's. Eh, to many questions, too many possibilities. Its ashame it all has to happen at all:(

usdm420
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I see your point now that makes sense to me. I dont know, I guess i have too much heart or something, sucks to see people die like that especially if they are innocent, but then again.. he was right with a bunch of dude with AK's. Eh, to many questions, too many possibilities. Its ashame it all has to happen at all:(

That part I can agree with. It sucks people have to die. But that's the world we live in.

Owens
04-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Happens every single day, people mistake fishing poles for guns out there.

tjEG8
04-09-2010, 01:05 PM
ill have to post up some videos when my pops gets home from when he was in afgahnistan flying the apaches..crazy shit

1lowtacoma
04-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Lol This is a epic Thread. You guys that are defending the "innocent" people that got killed are not very smart.

They blow there own people up too. They dont care who your are.

If your a SHIA- YOU HATE SHIETS

If your a SHIET- YOU HATE SHIAS

They kill themselves everyday for this reason.

HOLYWAR!!!! Ever heard of THE CURAN?

They kill us cause were Infedels in thier HOLY LAND IN THIER HOLY WAR.

lexus_is300
04-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Double negative much? I think the literal meaning of this statement is the opposite of what was intended.

Allow me to refund your $.02.

Keep the $0.02 Because what you said had no meaning.. Nice try, Thanks anyways

slowmedown
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
i finally watched the whole video. i can understand taking out the obvious ones with the RPG's and AK's but why hit the van? i didnt see any weapons being brandished they were just picking up their wounded.

personally i say let them take the wounded home and show the others what happened when you fuck with the us military.

it def seems as though they got a rush out of shooting, they wanted to shoot anything that moved. there was def more civilian casualties than they admitted to

egsi
04-11-2010, 09:00 PM
lol this is a epic thread. You guys that are defending the "innocent" people that got killed are not very smart.

They blow there own people up too. They dont care who your are.

If your a shia- you hate shiets

if your a shiet- you hate shias

they kill themselves everyday for this reason.

Holywar!!!! Ever heard of the curan?

They kill us cause were infedels in thier holy land in thier holy war.

x1000

gunsup0331
04-11-2010, 09:16 PM
its
Sunni
vs.
Shiite (shee-yah)

The Black Skittle
04-11-2010, 10:53 PM
i finally watched the whole video. i can understand taking out the obvious ones with the RPG's and AK's but why hit the van? i didnt see any weapons being brandished they were just picking up their wounded.

personally i say let them take the wounded home and show the others what happened when you fuck with the us military.

it def seems as though they got a rush out of shooting, they wanted to shoot anything that moved. there was def more civilian casualties than they admitted to

they opened up on the van because for all they knew they were more insurgents. for as much technology they have they dont have Xray vision, there was no way to tell if any were armed. the gunship made a decision and it ended up being a bad call, it happens.

and theres not really such a thing as getting a rush out of shooting, when your behind a weapon you imagine your target as a silhouette, and the only thing going through your head is him or me, and hesitation leads to death. even if they may not be armed, they can easily arm themselves with weapons on the ground dropped by someone.

brandon
04-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Makes me wanna join the military...

usdm420
04-12-2010, 11:52 AM

We still had U.S. troops in the area on the ground. For all we know, this van is going to pick these guys up, maybe grab weapons, etc.

If there is even a SLIGHT chance they could engage with our ground troops, I see no problem taking them out.

*inFamous*
07-14-2010, 07:53 AM
I am going to start banning people using racial slurs for no reason. This is rediculous we can't have civilized conversation this day in time. Just because someone is from the middle east and isn't christian does not make them sand ****** etc. Get a grip on articulation.

IntensePower
07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
^^^ Well said sir!

honduh_head
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
thread cleaned up.

no more racial bs

theAngryMarmot
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
This rule should apply for the whole forum. I would be ashamed if my Fiance were to ever join this site, with all the racial slurs flying around.

RUBBER FIST
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
its ok ppl its fake... there is no war going on:smackself: