PDA

View Full Version : iphone OS 4.0 beta is out today...

parahelium
04-08-2010, 03:02 PM
And looks like they drop support for original iphone 2g. :(

MrRline2010
04-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I phone blows. Buy a droid unless you enjoy your edge service :)

ICD
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I phone blows. Buy a droid unless you enjoy your edge service :)

Edge?

nelsmar
04-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I know everyone bitches about AT&T service but hey, my friend gets MAYBE 1 bar at my house (same with sprint), and i get full bars on my iphone. And besides i dont get droid audio controls in my car :P but I can get iphone controls!

ICD
04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Cant wait for iPhone HD

nelsmar
04-08-2010, 04:50 PM
how about Ipod HD? ROFL. Just get an ipad and use skype!!!

I am pretty happy with the state of my phone now, just want to be able to use google maps + pandora at the same time and im good. I mostly just text / music on my phone and thats it. The whole Iphone / Droid war is getting old and stupid

ICD
04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
It really is. And at the end of the day people will always compare what's out to the iPhone. Simple matter is it all comes down to user preference.

hatch91
04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Dis is true

imm0rtal
04-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I phone blows. Buy a droid unless you enjoy your edge service :)Phoenix must be pretty fucking backwards then because in Tucson and the times I have been in Phoenix since I got my 3Gs have been nothing but perfect service and full 3G speeds.

Enjoy your verizon speeds though ;)

Anyone used this beta 4.0 on a 3Gs yet? Wondering if there is any bugs...tried jailbreaking my phone a while back and it was super buggy, so hoping this isn't funky like that.

nelsmar
04-09-2010, 01:07 PM
A friend said it was pretty buggy, you can sign up for a developers account ($99 a year iirc) and you can install but its not recommended unless your developing.

imm0rtal
04-09-2010, 01:36 PM
ok cool, won't bother getting it through work then...I use my phone primarily for work/business so I can't deal with that shit being down.

As for 4.0 not supporting the OG iphone and up to some versions of the 3G is because the device doesn't have the hardware capability to run 4.0. On an early 3G, the OS uses 100MB of the system's 128MB of available RAM just to run. Try multitasking on that and it might resemble the results of downloading one copy of every album ever made...on a dial up connection.

It's not that Apple is screwing you older iphone users, they're just pulling a microsoft and yanking support for older hardware. That's the name of the game in technology, and the best advice I could give is get with the fucking times already :P

ICD
04-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Edge?

My link didn't go in but here's for all those verizon nut swingers.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/189592/atandt_roars_back_in_pcworlds_second_3g_wireless_p erformance_test.html

verizon has no idea of how to manage half as many smart phones as AT&T. Proof in there droid phone which made there service speed and reliablity decline 19% in a matter of months

Mafioso
04-09-2010, 04:21 PM
My brother had AllTel and got merged with the Verizon acquiring Alltel bit.. he just got a Droid and two days later is returning it for another Blackberry. Everyone I know that has a Droid liked it for a week and now wants a different phone.

I LOVE my iPhone.. and with the new OS coming in Summer.. it will be 10x better than any Droid could hope to be.

nelsmar
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
i have a few friends with droids that love it, just depends what you use your phone for. I use my phone for music, work mail, minor browsing, occasionally a video, maybe a game while waiting on someone. My iphone is my car radio soooo that kind of knocks droid out(for the time being).