PDA

View Full Version : AC partially working????

MrRline2010
04-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Ok i've had this problem for a while and never noticed it till I moved to phoenix. My car's ac has always been a little bit weak, but basically at night the car's air conditioning will be ice cold. Even with the recirculate button on and it works great, but during the day time with the heat even after driving for a while or the car sitting the air conditioning blows really hot. I changed the condenser out a couple years ago I think it was about 3 years ago. The air still continues to suck horribly during the day. I'm not sure what to do with it or what to check. Also if it helps the dealership has never notated a problem when i have my car in for service so I don't even know where to begin.

Mafioso
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Get it serviced if it hasnt been done recently. Also, when you get it serviced take it some place that knows what they are doing because having too much pressure or too little pressure can cause problems. One thing to keep in mind is that A/C is based off the relative ambient temperature and night time it will be colder obviously.

MrRline2010
04-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Get it serviced if it hasnt been done recently. Also, when you get it serviced take it some place that knows what they are doing because having too much pressure or too little pressure can cause problems. One thing to keep in mind is that A/C is based off the relative ambient temperature and night time it will be colder obviously.

Figured that. I am going to check my fittings going into the condensor and make sure I wasn't losing freon somehow and put two new bottles in. I think it's all around its not working.

millese
04-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I would not just put 2 new bottles in. There may be too much refrigerant in the system already which could give the same symptoms your talking about. Put a set of guages on the car and see where your at. That will tell you if you need to add or remove refrigerant. The pressures in your system will depend on the ambient air temp, you should be able to find a chart for your car showing what pressures you should be running at a given ambient air temp. Also, not sure who installed your condensor, but if they didn't evacuate the system and check for leaks you may have more problems than a simple top off or removal of refrigerant can fix.

stin1
04-15-2010, 02:01 PM
I had the same problem. The expansion valve was plugged up.

BoricuaAZ
04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
I would not just put 2 new bottles in. There may be too much refrigerant in the system already which could give the same symptoms your talking about. Put a set of guages on the car and see where your at. That will tell you if you need to add or remove refrigerant. The pressures in your system will depend on the ambient air temp, you should be able to find a chart for your car showing what pressures you should be running at a given ambient air temp. Also, not sure who installed your condensor, but if they didn't evacuate the system and check for leaks you may have more problems than a simple top off or removal of refrigerant can fix.
Agree with this In car a/c 2 botttles +2 more bottles is no good actually makes it hotter:facepalm:

MrRline2010
04-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Took care of it today. got the AC blowing about 35 degrees, which i'm more than happy with. Turns out the nut that holds the condenser and the line together was a little loose. As soon as I opened the hood I noticed where the oil from the pump was coming from. Anyway two and 3/4 can did the trick and my ac actually works better than the first time I got it.

rushbuster70
04-19-2010, 09:47 AM
i wish my xb would blow that cold...

bb4arson
04-19-2010, 02:00 PM

fill it up yo!

MrRline2010
04-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Maybe your freon is a tad low or something? how cold does your ac get? I know I turned mine on the other day and had to turn it down some because it was that cold. Its great!

bb4arson
04-20-2010, 03:49 AM
Maybe your freon is a tad low or something? how cold does your ac get? I know I turned mine on the other day and had to turn it down some because it was that cold. Its great!

bitch! im jealous...race header does not allow ac...:samuri:

MrRline2010
04-20-2010, 04:57 PM
bitch! im jealous...race header does not allow ac...:samuri:

ac in arizona over takes race headers sorry. Fat people gotta stay cool in the car.