PDA

View Full Version : Tough guy in parking lot; had a glock45 on his hip

VTECin5th
04-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Saturday night, we decide to go out for a friend's bday. I rarely go out because of drama seemingly attracted to me for no reason. I'm not a loud guy, I mind my own business. So, we're at Tempe marketplace, Dave & Busters. Ever been there? Good stuff, it's worth it. I've been 3 times. If you wanna borrow my D&B cards, you'll save $2 each.

So, it's about 1:30am or around there. Me and some friends are talking in the parking lot. We're doing the "handshake dance" where everyone keeps trying to walk back to their cars but the girls keep finding random stupid shit to talk about. So, we're forced to stand there talking to eachother about man stuff. Like guns and Socom. That's finally over.

So, I head to my car, and since I didn't want any potential shoppers to steal my gun if they opened my trunk, I put my pistol under my seat. Unloaded, un-cased, just under the seat, out of view.
I pull it out and think "maybe i should i load this for the ride home?"... "Nah, this night has been drama-free, why would I run into drama at 1:30am?" So, I just threw it in my seat. Between the seat and console, where you civic drivers can fit a 32oz cup.

I'm backing out of my parking spot and there's a guy coming pretty fast down the parking lot lane. I was more than 50% backed out so I just kept going. Then, the guy starts driving towards me, head on. I don't mind, I keep reversing, thinking maybe he wanted my prime parking spot and I was still a little bit in his way. He keeps coming forward, mostly on my side of the lane. I just stop and stare at him. I can see him smiling and he starts waving for me to pass. I have very very minimal room but figure "what the fuck, I've got insurance with a high deductible, why not bash up some cars to stare down this fucking asshole". My girl is in the car n says "wtf".

The last time a girl in my car said "wtf" to another potential road-raged car, I was chased and the truck crashed. That's another story but girls... seriously, shut the fuck up. Let the men handle the man situation shit. We're not going to scream WTF first. We evaluate the situation.

So, I start squeezing up next to the guy to pass him, and he rolls his window down. I do the same. Maybe he wants to tell me how awesome I am for squeezing an rsx between his car and the parked cars, with about 5 inches on either side. I was wrong.

He looks at me with sweat and spit on his face and says "WHAT YOU LOOKIN AT SKINNY FUCK, BITCH?!"
I remain pretty calm and say "What the fuck are you looking at, motherfucker?"
He opens his door and says "Step out of car!!" and he doors my car! There's no room to open my door to step out, even if I needed to. It'd be nascar window style if anything. So, I'm staring at this guy right in the eyes and I can clearly see he's absolutely fucking smashed and coked out. I've been fortunate enough to identify either or both.

He starts his intimidation process, where he tried to smile at me a lot n says "keep driving white boy, just keep driving"... well, I'm only half white but I spent 17 years in Maryvale, the intimidation factor is quite fucking low for anyone from a bad area. It just doesn't work as expected.

I calmly tell him "you need to sit back in your car", he says "no, I got a glock 45 on my hip, you wanna do something????" and he reaches for his hip. He was moving slow enough for me to realize he either didn't have a gun or wasn't going to have the capacity to pull it out in a timely fashion. I continue to tell him "You NEED to sit back in your car".

Meanwhile, 2 guys in his car were laughing, he mentioned his mystery gun and the girl in his car started saying "let's just go, cmon, let's leave" my girl can see I'm losing patience but also sees me palm my pistol. She starts freaking out quietly. She does not know it's unloaded. It's usually not but I had forgot to reload it after shooting. The guy is standing there with his hand still on his hip and he peers into my car a little bit. He's still mumbling his cool guy talk and he spots my gun. He sees the position of my hand, on my pistol. He can clearly see that if I pull my gun, I'm going to melt this guy's tits right off before he can maneuver himself out of the 4 inches of space he left for himself. He was standing somewhat out of his car, but not much room.

This guy was about 210lb, maybe 5'7 or 8, he had at least 60lbs on me though. His face was covered in even more sweat/spit and his eyes were glazed n pupils dilated but something changed. He no longer had much to say. He said "You gonna shoot me? You gonna go to jail for LIFE for killing me??? Are you going to shoot me?" I told him to get into his car. I did not raise my gun, I didn't even make it clearly visible. Just kept calm with the original story of him needing to sit in his car.

The entire time I never broke eye contact once, he tried to smile again but it was even more faked than before. The passengers in his car must've took his "you gonna shoot me" speech, quite seriously because they all got quiet. He just stared and me and kept looking at my hand as best he could. I initiated another conversation piece. "I hope you have a good night, you should get into your car and leave now" and he puts his hand out to shake my hand. He says "Yea, I hope you have a good night too homie" I shake his hand while watching his other hand and he just smiles and starts to open his door up. He looks into my car and I dropped my Glock on my lap, while rolling my window up. Somewhat like "did I just see that right?"

I drove around the corner, popped my trunk and put some bullets in my mag and chambered it.
I get to the 4-way stop and he motions for me to go first. I go and he sped up on me all quick and did a burnout. He's in a green 98ish Nissan Sentra, kinda beat with 4-5 people in there. If he wants to have a drive-n-shoot, he's going to be sadly disappointed. He then went around my car and did another burnout and headed north on mcclintock. I turned the same way, partially to see where he was going and partially to see if the 202w was open yet. The 202w was closed so I turned around.

Later, I threw my cigarettes in the trash at Chevron on accident and had a chocolate shake from wienerschnitzel. I went back for my cigarettes and eventually got home safely.

CLIFFS: Keep your gun loaded at all times.

Notes: If my gun WAS loaded, there's a 90% chance I would've stepped out of my passenger side and had a more forceful talk with this gentleman.

Jstarda9
04-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Damn man.. No shit on Thursday I forgot my gun in my truck..I am driving the S to get a haircut in the ghetto part of Chandler and I see this Caprise* following me. I slow down and let them catch up and it's like 4 dudes in there. I keep driving while I try to grab my gun under my seat when I realized I left it in my truck. Fuck man I would rather fight and let a gun be a last resort but these 4 guys looked at me with a crazy "I will kill you look" and driving this weekend in LA without my gun was an ugly feeling. I love having our gun rights in AZ.

jus-lookn03
04-12-2010, 10:47 AM
the better man always walks away , it takes more to do that than actually fight . im glad im a convicted felon and cant carry a gun

2point6
04-12-2010, 10:52 AM
CLIFFS: Keep your gun loaded at all times.

Notes: If my gun WAS loaded, there's a 90% chance I would've stepped out of my passenger side and had a more forceful talk with this gentleman.

Why did you take it off and leave it in your car in the first place? Kinda the same thing as having it unloaded if you ask me.

If you had a more "forceful" talk it would have escalated. There is no pride behind a gun. That weapon should be used as a last ditch effort to protect yourself or someone else... not to give you confidence.

2point6
04-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Damn man.. No shit on Thursday I forgot my gun in my truck..I am driving the S to get a haircut in the ghetto part of Chandler and I see this Caprise* following me. I slow down and let them catch up and it's like 4 dudes in there. I keep driving while I try to grab my gun under my seat when I realized I left it in my truck. Fuck man I would rather fight and let a gun be a last resort but these 4 guys looked at me with a crazy "I will kill you look" and driving this weekend in LA without my gun was an ugly feeling. I love having our gun rights in AZ.

What is with you guys "forgetting" where you gun is? Why have it at all if you can't keep it on your side where it belongs?

ripps520
04-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Why did you take it off and leave it in your car in the first place? Kinda the same thing as having it unloaded if you ask me.

If you had a more "forceful" talk it would have escalated. There is no pride behind a gun. That weapon should be used as a last ditch effort to protect yourself or someone else... not to give you confidence.
well put sir

gunsup0331
04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
my take:
not loaded :(
keeping cool and not escalating :)
escalating if loaded :(
then again my shit would be in his face 2lbs on the trigger if he tried to reach for something after saying hes packin soooooo
good job homie
glad everyones ok, any damage to the car?

MannyaK
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Well man let's just be glad your car wasn't smashed to shit
Good job keeping it cool

DJ Hookid
04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
you tell good stories man. Very detailed, you should be a short novel writer. Good thing you were strapped, better to have and not need one, then need and not have one.

VTECin5th
04-12-2010, 11:02 AM

I didn't have it on, I had it cased from when I went shooting last weekend. I just don't want a subwoofer stealer to see a gun and take that too. I can lose the sub, I don't want to lose the gun to a thief. I don't need to carry it on me inside D&B's, no need for it there.

I agree it would've been more escalated, and that's what this guy needs in his life. When his intimidation didn't work, he just stood there. I agree that a gun should be a last resort, however, I literally have crumbling bones. Some days I can not stand up at all. There's not going to be much to fight me for, I rely totally on my arms and upper body. My back, knees and feet are missing joint material. Something you take for granted, leaves me somewhat robotic. Besides that (as if I don't mind being shot) my girl was with me, and I would definitely shoot to protect her, absolutely. It hopefully won't come to that though.

VTECin5th
04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
my take:
not loaded :(
keeping cool and not escalating :)
escalating if loaded :(
then again my shit would be in his face 2lbs on the trigger if he tried to reach for something after saying hes packin soooooo
good job homie
glad everyones ok, any damage to the car?
No damage noticed, I'm not worried about that really. It's just a ding if anything, I didn't even care about that. It wasn't cool but other stuff was going on.

Well man let's just be glad your car wasn't smashed to shit
Good job keeping it cool
I wouldn't let someone smash my car to shit, unless I had escaped with my belongings. Full coverage ftw.
you tell good stories man. Very detailed, you should be a short novel writer. Good thing you were strapped, better to have and not need one, then need and not have one.
Thank you. I agree. I don't want to be shooting, but i don't really want to be shot.

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Yeah... makes sense since he left it unloaded. Guns work good that way.

Stockvx
04-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I love how he boasts about having a gun, but doesnt even have one, then asks if youre going to shoot him, and tells YOU you'll go to jail for life for shooting him.

When peoples first words are "I got a glock 45, you wanna do something", you know that dudes pussy.

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I didn't have it on, I had it cased from when I went shooting last weekend. I just don't want a subwoofer stealer to see a gun and take that too. I can lose the sub, I don't want to lose the gun to a thief. I don't need to carry it on me inside D&B's, no need for it there.

I agree it would've been more escalated, and that's what this guy needs in his life. When his intimidation didn't work, he just stood there. I agree that a gun should be a last resort, however, I literally have crumbling bones. Some days I can not stand up at all. There's not going to be much to fight me for, I rely totally on my arms and upper body. My back, knees and feet are missing joint material. Something you take for granted, leaves me somewhat robotic. Besides that (I don't mind being shot) my girl was with me, and I would definitely shoot to protect her, absolutely. It hopefully won't come to that though.

So do you keep the gun as a fashion statement and wear it only when it matches certain clothes? C'mon... Why even have it if you don't seem to always have it under your control.

As far as the other comment... You should have just drove away. period.

I am glad you didn't get yourself hurt or your girlfriend hurt.

VTECin5th
04-12-2010, 11:11 AM
It worked pretty well actually. It changed the guy's whole attitude. Only I knew it was unloaded. If he pulled, I would've pulled. If he pulled the trigger, I lose. It didn't come to that though, I called what I believe to be his bluff and he saw what he believed to be a loaded handgun in my hand. It worked as well as it could've.

I wouldn't jump out of my car and say "I GOT A GLOCK 19 on my hip!!!"... ever, in any circumstances. I could've had an airsoft pistol, it didn't matter, he saw it and he had a change of heart. Unloaded guns don't piss me off at all. Loaded guns that aren't being handled properly, do. I have kids also so I don't leave my rifle loaded either.

Nachooooosupreme
04-12-2010, 11:12 AM
i give you props for not getting emotional. its easy to let your anger guide you and get you into trouble. way to play it cool and for noticing dumbass wasnt all with it. he quickly checked himself after seeing your piece and you playing it cool showed him you were the level headed one in this situation.

VTECin5th
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
So do you keep the gun as a fashion statement and wear it only when it matches certain clothes? C'mon... Why even have it if you don't seem to always have it under your control.

Turn off your condescending tone.
I don't usually wear my gun unless I'm shooting it. I do not need to walk around in a store with my gun on. I don't need to carry my gun into any public place, ever. I probably never will. I carry in my car, and in my home. I can't even think of a time where I've worn my gun in the view of the public at all. It's possible but I don't remember doing that. It's for protection, not for fashion, cool guyness, intimidation, fear, pride etc etc.

You seem to be suggesting if someone has a gun, they need to wear it. That's ridiculous to believe.

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
It worked pretty well actually. It changed the guy's whole attitude. Only I knew it was unloaded. If he pulled, I would've pulled. If he pulled the trigger, I lose. It didn't come to that though, I called what I believe to be his bluff and he saw what he believed to be a loaded handgun in my hand. It worked as well as it could've.

I wouldn't jump out of my car and say "I GOT A GLOCK 19 on my hip!!!"... ever, in any circumstances. I could've had an airsoft pistol, it didn't matter, he saw it and he had a change of heart. Unloaded guns don't piss me off at all. Loaded guns that aren't being handled properly, do. I have kids also so I don't leave my rifle loaded either.

You got lucky. That was a stupid gamble. Sorry bud... I know you are a cool guy and mean well, but my perspective of this remains.

Guns belong on your person or in a gun safe.

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:21 AM
You seem to be suggesting if someone has a gun, they need to wear it. That's ridiculous to believe.

Yes, I absolutely am. Wear it always. even in the shower... ;)

Seriously, How can you truley be resposible, owning a gun and not being in control of it at all times. You said you have kids, right? Keeping the gun unloaded and not on you (in your control) can potentially be a bad choice. Do yourself a favor and take a ccw class. Learn what you are responsible for as a gun owner. I don't mean to sound condecending as you say, but there are too many careless people out there that lose control of guns all the time and at great cost.

VTECin5th
04-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I love how he boasts about having a gun, but doesnt even have one, then asks if youre going to shoot him, and tells YOU you'll go to jail for life for shooting him.

When peoples first words are "I got a glock 45, you wanna do something", you know that dudes pussy.
... (x2)
i give you props for not getting emotional. its easy to let your anger guide you and get you into trouble. way to play it cool and for noticing dumbass wasnt all with it. he quickly checked himself after seeing your piece and you playing it cool showed him you were the level headed one in this situation.
... (thx)
You got lucky. That was a stupid gamble. Sorry bud... I know you are a cool guy and mean well, but my perspective of this remains.

Guns belong on your person or in a gun safe.
Depends on what your opinion of Gamble. I'm sure it can go either way for each person but I'm definitely not the only one who would've done the same thing. I didn't feel threatened at all, I didn't even get nervous. You personally know how to read people, you know when something is or something isn't. I knew this guy either didn't have anything or wouldn't shoot. My chance of being wrong wasn't 50/50. It could've been 50/50 until he started talking. We ALL evaluate situations different.

The rest is your opinion, and plenty fair. My car is my gun safe. :sucker:

PandaBear
04-12-2010, 11:24 AM
i keep my 45 auto loaded at all times for exactly this reason.

Jstarda9
04-12-2010, 11:28 AM
What is with you guys "forgetting" where you gun is? Why have it at all if you can't keep it on your side where it belongs?

Because I switch up from driving 3 cars and moving has been messing with my mind for the last 2 weeks.

Also I would never tell someone "hey pal I have a gun" unless I felt like I was in fear for my life. I have gotten in 2 fights before with my gun in the car and not once was a gun mentioned.

I pray I never have to shoot someone.

VTECin5th
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, I absolutely am. Wear it always. even in the shower... ;)

Seriously, How can you truley be resposible, owning a gun and not being in control of it at all times. You said you have kids, right? Keeping the gun unloaded and not on you can potentially be a bad choice. Do yourself a favor and take a ccw class. Learn what you are responsible for as a gun owner. I don't mean to sound condecending as you say, but there are too many careless people out there that lose control of guns all the time and at great cost.

That's your opinion. I don't feel the need to carry my gun in places where I've been before and everything was fine. IE: Dave & Busters, the mall, my garage.

A responsible gun owning adult is not defined simply by controlling your gun on your person or in the safe, at all times. Let's say you're wearing your gun and you crash your car. Someone comes up and takes your gun and leaves. Does that make you irresponsible? Or someone breaks into your house and steals them all.

Keeping the gun LOADED on and not on me, can be a bad choice, and that never happens. If it's not on me, it's unloaded, always. If it's on me, it's loaded. If it's in my car's trunk, it's unloaded. If it's in my car's seat, it's loaded.
The ccw class doesn't make irresponsible people, more responsible. It educates. Each person takes what they want from it. I will be taking it if it's required (see ccw thread in on-topic) otherwise, I will continue to follow the above 4 situation guidelines, for myself.

DJ Hookid
04-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Funny how every thread on AZHT has an asshole. Congrats you made it on this one.

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Depends on what your opinion of Gamble. I'm sure it can go either way for each person but I'm definitely not the only one who would've done the same thing. I didn't feel threatened at all, I didn't even get nervous. You personally know how to read people, you know when something is or something isn't. I knew this guy either didn't have anything or wouldn't shoot. My chance of being wrong wasn't 50/50. It could've been 50/50 until he started talking. We ALL evaluate situations different.

The rest is your opinion, and plenty fair. My car is my gun safe. :sucker:

Your right... but what would have happened it you just stood down in the first place? driving right up and rolling the window down? C'mon... I am a guy too. I would probably have done as moch provocation as you did. All I am saying is that you gambled and got lucky... not a gamble I would have wagered.

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Funny how every thread on AZHT has an asshole. Congrats you made it on this one.

Sweet, I am moving up to moderator status! HAHA!

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
That's your opinion. I don't feel the need to carry my gun in places where I've been before and everything was fine. IE: Dave & Busters, the mall, my garage.

God forbid you don't need it to defend your family, in any of those environments. The world isn't always nice...

A responsible gun owning adult is not defined simply by controlling your gun on your person or in the safe, at all times. Let's say you're wearing your gun and you crash your car. Someone comes up and takes your gun and leaves. Does that make you irresponsible? Or someone breaks into your house and steals them all. Realistically, that can happen, but you have done everything to ensure it's control yourself and that is being responsible.

Keeping the gun LOADED on and not on me, can be a bad choice, and that never happens. If it's not on me, it's unloaded, always. If it's on me, it's loaded. If it's in my car's trunk, it's unloaded. If it's in my car's seat, it's loaded.
The ccw class doesn't make irresponsible people, more responsible. It educates. Each person takes what they want from it. I will be taking it if it's required (see ccw thread in on-topic) otherwise, I will continue to follow the above 4 situation guidelines, for myself.
Definately, a ccw won't make you more responsible... it will just make you more aware.

Again, I am glad you guys didn't get hurt. :)

usdm420
04-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Damn man, glad shit turned out ok.
I ALWAYS have s gun on me, and don't know how people ever forget where they put theirs either.

apSquidFace
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Should have hit him with the Highlander quote and cut his fucking head off...

I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal.

Shit works for me everytime/

gunsup0331
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Guns belong on your person LOADED or in a gun safe.
FIXXED

cant loose if youre right scott lol
glad OP is OK
/thread

fathom18
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Lol

prissy
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Should have hit him with the Highlander quote and cut his fucking head off...

I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal.

Shit works for me everytime/

lol good one.. but yea you handle the situation just fine without having to resort to your gun.. i know some ppl that are a little "trigger happy" that if they were in that same situation it would have ended way differently

Medina
04-12-2010, 02:21 PM
crazy man glad no one was hurt otherwise who would i hit up if i ever need salvia

bb4arson
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
i liked that story .
why dont people actually fight now

Sami_Chan
04-12-2010, 04:35 PM
i liked that story .

Because they are pussy's, scared that someone might actually kick their ass or that they'll lose...

emgee420
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
thats shitty...glad no one got shot
shit like that is why i try not to go out...and if i do my glock is at my side

Sami_Chan
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Glad your okay man. I have a gun too and ONLY carry it with me if I'm going to the shooting range. But I never keep amo in the house, it always has a trigger lock and stays in it's case with a combo lock, just because I was raised to be extra cautious with guns. Don't want it falling into the wrong hands and someone like my nephew shoot his head off.

tommygomez
04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Scott is an asshole first he dates jenna haze for a while, runs the best shop in tucson, then he talks shit about carrying an uloaded gun and gets called an asshole for it! I love it!
there is a bunch of reasons to call him that, but he is still speaking the truth. lolz

gunsup0331
04-12-2010, 07:10 PM
i liked that story .
Because they are pussy's, scared that someone might actually kick their ass or that they'll lose...
yeah dawg fuck those pussies im totally down with getting my ass kicked/scarred for life/stabbed/knocked unconscious/killed while cokeheads rape my girlfirend outside D&B. Right after i smoke this rock homeslice
Glad your okay man. I have a gun too and ONLY carry it with me if I'm going to the shooting range. But I never keep amo in the house, it always has a trigger lock and stays in it's case with a combo lock, just because I was raised to be extra cautious with guns. Don't want it falling into the wrong hands and someone like my nephew shoot his head off.
so why even have a gun at all? Serious question

6thgen
04-12-2010, 07:24 PM
:goodpost:^^^^^^^^^^^^^ take no chances

Rzarectah
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Sounds dangerous as hell, glad you are alright though.

krazyblurtz
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Guns need to be banned..and sword carrying legalized...let's see how much respect levels go up.

You know those highschoolers that flip you off? Those drunk douches? Or the groups of drunk vatos? Yea sword carrying...and dueling will be legalized.

krazyblurtz
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
You'll hear about show downs in airports n shit too...bring back some wild west/ samurai days

taketurns
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
this is one of the reasons i sold my xd .45. i probably would have drove around with him chasing me while i loaded a clip, racked it, pulled the e brake and got out in the middle of the street, like an idiot.

holla@me
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
its probably irrelevant, but i don't get the part about the cigarettes and chocolate shake?

Nedaaaah
04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Im going to LA tomorrow and bringing my gun concealed. I'd rather not be in a situation and not have a gun on me, I'd rather deal with the legalities after that situation. How does that saying go? "I'd rather be judged by 8, and not be carried by 4."

judged by 12 carried by 6.
jenna haze isnt that good looking.

emgee420
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
its probably irrelevant, but i don't get the part about the cigarettes and chocolate shake?

i think his point was after all that bullshit...life goes on

Mafioso
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
I keep the 40 cal on my side
Steppin with the mindstate of a mobster
You see a nigga pass by
Tuck your chain in cause he might rob ya

2point6
04-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Scott is an asshole first he dates jenna haze for a while, runs the best shop in tucson, then he talks shit about carrying an uloaded gun and gets called an asshole for it! I love it!
there is a bunch of reasons to call him that, but he is still speaking the truth. lolz

Dj was kidding I am sure... :)

My shop has nothing to do with this. :)

It is an urban legend about me dating Jenna Haze. ;)

I am an asshole. True story...

2point6
04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
jenna haze isnt that good looking.

That depends... ;)

They all look the same in the dark.

Sami_Chan
04-12-2010, 09:47 PM
yeah dawg fuck those pussies im totally down with getting my ass kicked/scarred for life/stabbed/knocked unconscious/killed while cokeheads rape my girlfirend outside D&B. Right after i smoke this rock homeslice

so why even have a gun at all? Serious question

I have guns strickly for recreational purposes such as hunting. I have never been put in a situation where I needed to threaten someone else's life to protect my own, and I hope I never do.

Mighty-Joe
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Great short story!... Nice job on the details!

Glad you got home safely... Good thing the gun was at least still inside the car. I would hate to see how that situation would've played out if you didn't have your gun on you!

EFfective
04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
i'm glad you weren't hurt but with an unloaded gun in your hand thats just asking for trouble.

i was in a slightly similar situation once in which a group of drunk underage kids picked a fight with a friend of mine while we were on a bike ride. they started to jump him, not realizing that i was with him they were totally shocked when i pulled an a.s.p. baton and broke the arm of the first one i could get to. then one of the kids started on like "get the gat! get that nine milly!" and made a reaching gesture for his waist. wrong move. i'm not about to wait to see if he has a gun or he's just blowing hot air so i pull my .40 usp compact and just like that his whole attitude changed. i stood there gun drawn for about a minute assessing the situation, now bear in mind were in the parking lot of a crowded viva burrito and at this point i'm sure these punks are unarmed so i decided to reholster my weapon. as soon as i put my gun away what does this dumb ass do, he pulls a broom handle out of his trunk and starts running his mouth again. i snatch the broom handle out of his hand and throw it over the wall. then as my friends and i start to leave the cops show up. we were detained for about an hour and then released but the kids that started the fight were charged with being minors under the influence. long night but made for good stories later on

keep it loaded.

deely7
04-12-2010, 11:15 PM

you sound like my mom.
seriously get off his dick
he just told you he has some days where he lives in pain, if something happened he cant put up a good fight.
he didnt point it or even intentionally show him the gun.

I dont take shit either, me and my boy were driving and the light turned yellow so i had to make a somewhat hard stop so i didnt run the red and my front end was slightly over the first cross walk line. A guy intentionally walked straight on the line and stared at me with a dirty look the whole way across and instead of taking 2 steps to go in front of my car he wanted to walk behind my car and walk right up to my window and stare at me. That shit doesnt fly with me, My boy threw a can at him and hit him straight in the chest and we told him never to fucking stare at me again. Im sure it was unnecessary but when I think he is walking up to my window to hit me I get PISSED!

What im trying to get at with my story is how well the OP handled the situation, i dont have a gun in my car for a reason, i have a short fuse. Not saying I would have used a gun in that situation but if I someone confronted me and my girl saying he might have a gun, I might blow up and I dont know what I would do.

I have to say you are lucky he didnt pull a gun. Keep it loaded, and unloaded gun wont do you much good in a shootout.
haha

2point6
04-12-2010, 11:30 PM
you sound like my mom.
seriously get off his dick
he just told you he has some days where he lives in pain, if something happened he cant put up a good fight.
he didnt point it or even intentionally show him the gun.

How can I get on it when it is so deeply crammed down your throat? ;) I kid... I kid..

I said nothing about this guy living in pain. That would suck and I am sorry to hear that, but that wasn't the point here. Kudos for him staying calm, but he set an unloaded gun on his lap and gambled that it would be a deterent. It worked fortunately for him, but next time grabbing that unloaded gun might get him... dead. If you are gonna grab it for anything, make sure it is loaded. If you disagree... cool. I hope it doesn't get you listed in the Darwin awards.

deely7
04-13-2010, 12:26 AM
How can I get on it when it is so deeply crammed down your throat? ;) I kid... I kid..

I said nothing about this guy living in pain. That would suck and I am sorry to hear that, but that wasn't the point here. Kudos for him staying calm, but he set an unloaded gun on his lap and gambled that it would be a deterent. It worked fortunately for him, but next time grabbing that unloaded gun might get him... dead. If you are gonna grab it for anything, make sure it is loaded. If you disagree... cool. I hope it doesn't get you listed in the Darwin awards.

the way you put it there i agree with
The way i understood your earlier post was a different way.
so im sorry for being a dick

eviilboy
04-13-2010, 02:18 AM
As soon as he opened your door... he was asking for his medication... Lead to be injected in him very forcefully.

According to our castle doctrine laws they extend to your vehicle.. and anyone who attempts to corner you in your vehicle.. then initiates aggressive behavior is fair game.

All things said... I think you handled the situation well.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
04-13-2010, 02:37 AM
aint that some shit when trouble is just attracted to you, if i go out and nothing happens, i know then before i get home OR right after i fall asleep someone will call or something will happen.

at least you didnt have to do anything crazy, and i mean they could have thrown a baseball thru the window of your beater and then wanted to drag race you around a housing project.

MrRline2010
04-13-2010, 02:58 AM
See it's stories like these that make me wish they would ban guns. Obviously they let the idiot who had the 45 get a gun in the first place. A gun is supposed to be used for protection and the occasional shooting of beer cans in the middle of no where. Not to intimidate others over some parking lot bs. I think in a way the op was little stupid in the fact that he let it go that far. If anything I would have just backed off and probably called the cops on my way out that someone had threatened you in the first place. Again the situation turned out for the best, but still it's not cool in general.

ek4franky
04-13-2010, 03:08 AM
wow nice storie glad no one got shot http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/frankyazm/smileys/2gunsfiring_v1.gifhttp://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/frankyazm/smileys/rocketwhore.gif

VTECin5th
04-13-2010, 07:19 AM
All advice considered and thx for the words. I too, am glad nobody was hurt.

See it's stories like these that make me wish they would ban guns. Obviously they let the idiot who had the 45 get a gun in the first place. A gun is supposed to be used for protection and the occasional shooting of beer cans in the middle of no where. Not to intimidate others over some parking lot bs. I think in a way the op was little stupid in the fact that he let it go that far. If anything I would have just backed off and probably called the cops on my way out that someone had threatened you in the first place. Again the situation turned out for the best, but still it's not cool in general.
I'm not sure he had a gun, I don't believe in my heart that he did. I'm sure he could get one but I agree, people like him do make the regular gun owner look bad. Nobody should jump out and the first thing they say is "I got a gun, wanna do something?" It reminded me of situation when I was younger and my friends got pistol whipped in a park. Same type of arrogance.

I'd probably do it the same way again, minus the unloaded part. To be very clear my hand wasn't on my gun until he told me "I've got a glock45!!". I exchanged words with no intention of holding onto an empty gun as my back-up plan. It just happened to work out the way it did.
When I think of it though, I was genuinely interested in what the guy had to say when he rolled his window down. I kinda thought maybe I knew him or something.

He immediately started insulting/screaming shit. Personally, and probably 90+% of all the men on this site, you don't just let that go. You reply with something just as friendly. I will say, where I may have normally had more adrenaline, my girl being there actually helped me keep my head on. I think she was talking, I wasn't listening but she did play a role in my decision to not get out and not get loud.

There was a couple other sentences in the story I skipped over but they're mostly unimportant anyway. My gun will be loaded next time and who knows, maybe the wise words of azht will prompt me to roll my window up and just keep driving.

Oh, and about calling the cops... no. Police have real problems to deal with; shootings, rape and kidnapping. Some cokehead drunk guy threatening a skinny half white kid isn't on my list of Police-offenses. I wouldn't have called even if he shoved the gun right in my face. The longer he stays free, the better chance he will die. If he goes to jail, he'll just come out with more tough-guy in him. Next time he tries to flex his parking lot muscle, he might get his life ended. I can respect that.

2point6
04-13-2010, 07:34 AM
All advice considered and thx for the words. I too, am glad nobody was hurt.

I'm not sure he had a gun, I don't believe in my heart that he did. I'm sure he could get one but I agree, people like him do make the regular gun owner look bad. Nobody should jump out and the first thing they say is "I got a gun, wanna do something?" It reminded me of situation when I was younger and my friends got pistol whipped in a park. Same type of arrogance.

I'd probably do it the same way again, minus the unloaded part. To be very clear my hand wasn't on my gun until he told me "I've got a glock45!!". I exchanged words with no intention of holding onto an empty gun as my back-up plan. It just happened to work out the way it did.
When I think of it though, I was genuinely interested in what the guy had to say when he rolled his window down. I kinda thought maybe I knew him or something.

He immediately started insulting/screaming shit. Personally, and probably 90+% of all the men on this site, you don't just let that go. You reply with something just as friendly. I will say, where I may have normally had more adrenaline, my girl being there actually helped me keep my head on. I think she was talking, I wasn't listening but she did play a role in my decision to not get out and not get loud.

There was a couple other sentences in the story I skipped over but they're mostly unimportant anyway. My gun will be loaded next time and who knows, maybe the wise words of azht will prompt me to roll my window up and just keep driving.

Oh, and about calling the cops... no. Police have real problems to deal with; shootings, rape and kidnapping. Some cokehead drunk guy threatening a skinny half white kid isn't on my list of Police-offenses. I wouldn't have called even if he shoved the gun right in my face. The longer he stays free, the better chance he will die. If he goes to jail, he'll just come out with more tough-guy in him. Next time he tries to flex his parking lot muscle, he might get his life ended. I can respect that.

Very good post!

BTW, You write very well. :)

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 08:00 AM
BTW, You write very well. :)

Romance.

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
See it's stories like these that make me wish they would ban guns. Obviously they let the idiot who had the 45 get a gun in the first place. A gun is supposed to be used for protection.blah blah blah blah blah blah
Banning guns would only disarm those who repsect the law. Someone willing to do or threaten violenece with a firearm isnt going to get rid of their guns just because they are made illegal. Its just fucking stupid to postulate that banning guns would prevent bad people from doing bad things.
Then you mention guns are supposed to be used for protection. If that is their intended purpose then why get rid of them. Thats like throwing away condoms because you dont want to get Aids.

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 08:35 AM
The longer he stays free, the better chance he will die. If he goes to jail, he'll just come out with more tough-guy in him. Next time he tries to flex his parking lot muscle, he might get his life ended. I can respect that.
damn well put

Nedaaaah
04-13-2010, 09:21 AM
That depends... ;)

They all look the same in the dark.

VERY true.

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 09:43 AM
i totally spanked to jenna last night :)

and for the record they may look the same in the dark but they dont feel the same when u grab them buttcheeks. Besides, i fuck with the lites on

parahelium
04-13-2010, 10:04 AM
wow. just wow.

Nedaaaah
04-13-2010, 10:33 AM
i totally spanked to jenna last night :)

and for the record they may look the same in the dark but they dont feel the same when u grab them buttcheeks. Besides, i fuck with the lites on

that is sad.

MrRline2010
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Banning guns would only disarm those who repsect the law. Someone willing to do or threaten violenece with a firearm isnt going to get rid of their guns just because they are made illegal. Its just fucking stupid to postulate that banning guns would prevent bad people from doing bad things.
Then you mention guns are supposed to be used for protection. If that is their intended purpose then why get rid of them. Thats like throwing away condoms because you dont want to get Aids.

How is it stupid does the world really need guns? Do we really need a way to kill people all the time? Do you feel that much bigger of a man because you have a gun? What about the other thousands of retards that they let own a gun each year that do stupid shit like threaten the op? You think that's cool or something? The whole point of a gun should be for protection. People can't get that concept so why should we have them? You'd go back to having to fist fight your problems. What a concept!

ripps520
04-13-2010, 01:03 PM
How is it stupid does the world really need guns? Do we really need a way to kill people all the time? Do you feel that much bigger of a man because you have a gun? What about the other thousands of retards that they let own a gun each year that do stupid shit like threaten the op? You think that's cool or something? The whole point of a gun should be for protection. People can't get that concept so why should we have them? You'd go back to having to fist fight your problems. What a concept!

ya that would be good if thats how it really happened, but it would just take guns away from people that abid by the laws and the people that dont would still have em. think about it like drugs yes the're illegal but still easily excessable, people would still be able to get them even if they banned selling them to the general public.

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 01:43 PM
There definitely needs to be a much more strict regulatory/preventative system for gun owners. In all honesty I would love to see some sort of IQ/logic/personality test implemented so people such as "assailant #1" could never legally own a gun. At that point, whether or not he goes out and buys a firearm illegally or not is negligible, at least in terms of the big picture! At that point we as a community of responsible human beings have done everything in our power to restrict these idiots; anything that happens from that point on is a product of Murphy’s Law.

I am the biggest anti-firearm advocate out there and wish there was a way I could travel back in time and stop the invention of all weapons, however I understand that this is not an option and if carried out, t’would be an option that would subsequently cause many more problems when it came down to facts.

But holy crap you have to be kidding me….75% of AZHT owns a firearm it seems like….that can’t be right? This forum is full of retard, half legal, degenerates that have a hard time formulating simple “The bear went to sleep for the winter.” type statements. The right to bear arms needs a re-write… here goes… “The right to bear arms as long as you aren’t legally retarded/insane/depressed/aggressive/currently a member on AZHT”. I’m being serious here, didn’t some retard post a thread up last week in which where he thought it was a good idea to test whether or not his shotgun was loaded by…drum roll please…. pulling the trigger? I mean, fuck…. seriously? It amazes (and scares the shit out of) me sometimes knowing that there are fuckwits out there like that!. Can you guys just trade in your firearms for like, taser guns, net guns or bean bag guns? Why do you need the power to kill when there are other alternatives? (aside from of course a net gun which may or may not be a real thing)

Anyhow…I want to end this on an immature note:

IntegraAz
04-13-2010, 02:08 PM
When I turn 21 that is one of the first thing i'm doing is taking a ccw class. So i can learn what to do in situations like this and learn how to use a gun properly. My dad has never had any kind of weapon and we dont live in a nice part of town where i which we did. So that will be one of my first priorites.

Anyone that have information or a site on this stuff? i would love to have the link!

boostedrex
04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Good read, glad to see that some people on here have grammer skills.

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 02:36 PM

ill show you a "grammer"

The God Damn Batman
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM

lmao!

Nate_AP1
04-13-2010, 02:55 PM
When I turn 21 that is one of the first thing i'm doing is taking a ccw class. So i can learn what to do in situations like this and learn how to use a gun properly. My dad has never had any kind of weapon and we dont live in a nice part of town where i which we did. So that will be one of my first priorites.

Anyone that have information or a site on this stuff? i would love to have the link!

Thats the right attitude. :goodpost:

I was curious and asked when I took my course, if someone was 18, could they also get a CCW (since it IS legal to own a handgun @ 18). They said that they could attend the class, but could not apply for the permit.

Nate_AP1
04-13-2010, 03:01 PM
There definitely needs to be a much more strict regulatory/preventative system for gun owners. In all honesty I would love to see some sort of IQ/logic/personality test implemented so people such as "assailant #1" could never legally own a gun. At that point, whether or not he goes out and buys a firearm illegally or not is negligible, at least in terms of the big picture! At that point we as a community of responsible human beings have done everything in our power to restrict these idiots; anything that happens from that point on is a product of Murphy’s Law.

I am the biggest anti-firearm advocate out there and wish there was a way I could travel back in time and stop the invention of all weapons, however I understand that this is not an option and if carried out, t’would be an option that would subsequently cause many more problems when it came down to facts.

But holy crap you have to be kidding me….75% of AZHT owns a firearm it seems like….that can’t be right? This forum is full of retard, half legal, degenerates that have a hard time formulating simple “The bear went to sleep for the winter.” type statements. The right to bear arms needs a re-write… here goes… “The right to bear arms as long as you aren’t legally retarded/insane/depressed/aggressive/currently a member on AZHT”. I’m being serious here, didn’t some retard post a thread up last week in which where he thought it was a good idea to test whether or not his shotgun was loaded by…drum roll please…. pulling the trigger? I mean, fuck…. seriously? It amazes (and scares the shit out of) me sometimes knowing that there are fuckwits out there like that!. Can you guys just trade in your firearms for like, taser guns, net guns or bean bag guns? Why do you need the power to kill when there are other alternatives? (aside from of course a net gun which may or may not be a real thing)

Anyhow…I want to end this on an immature note:

Where do you get the 75% of AZHT owns a firearm?

You REALLY want that much government intervention?
Its amazing how many people want to vote away our rights.

And to this: "I am the biggest anti-firearm advocate out there and wish there was a way I could travel back in time and stop the invention of all weapons"

What would that entail? Somehow destroying man's understanding of mechanical concepts?

Thats like the kind of shit a 5th grader would say. "I want mommy and daddy to be safe, so I want all the bad people to just go away"

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 03:26 PM
so much fail on this page i dont even feel like formulating a response.

If you have a problem with the Constitution as it was written many moons ago then just GTFO plz and let the rest of us pursue the Dream. I'll subsidize your exodus with a 5 dollar donation.

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM

And to this: "I am the biggest anti-firearm advocate out there and wish there was a way I could travel back in time and stop the invention of all weapons"

What would that entail? Somehow destroying man's understanding of mechanical concepts?

Thats like the kind of shit a 5th grader would say. "I want mommy and daddy to be safe, so I want all the bad people to just go away"

Yes, in fact I do want more intervention, I would love more intervention in many segments of our society.

And when will you shit ass Republicans get off the "voting away your rights" garbage. Are you opposed to the Thirteenth Amendments Emancipation Proclamation? Or is voting away the right to own a slave counter intuitive to your "oh so patriotic" mindset? Rather keep all the crap in play as long as you feel justified in your patriotism? Hell, its a law and my right.... my forefathers wrote it down and signed it sooooo it has to be ok; I live in the good ole' US of A after all! (A bald eagle in a distant land sheds a tear, and you pound back a Red Dog)

And you honestly got that upset about a statement made regarding time travel? Cripes man, how do you expect me to take that argument seriously? Obviously you put a good deal of thought into what you wanted to come back at me with so.... you win? I’m honestly not sure what you were trying to accomplish by attacking a hypothetical scenario based on time travel and the hindrance of weapon production.... lol, seriously dude.... quantum leap was just a TV show I have no intention to actually travel back in time and take away your precious firearms.

MrRline2010
04-13-2010, 03:39 PM

No you don't need to vote anymore. the Arizona legislators show us that everytime they fuck this state up more. As far as guns go Nate what do you need a gun for? Do you use it every day? Do you think you would need it if others didn't have a gun? How often do you go and shoot your gun? Do you walk around town with it strapped to your hip?

Perfect example of the fucking retards that exist in Arizona. I go to In n Out today for lunch. Of course there's some stupid constitution loving redneck there with his side arm strapped on his belt all holstered up. A couple pouches on the other side with extra magazines and of course he's not a cop. I could tell by the bass pro shops hat her was wearing and the grey haines shirt. What's the point of this? Do you really need a fucking gun to eat a god damn sandwhich at IN n Out? Sure it's your right to own, but that's besides the point.

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
so much fail on this page i dont even feel like formulating a response.

If you have a problem with the Constitution as it was written many moons ago then just GTFO plz and let the rest of us pursue the Dream. I'll subsidize your exodus with a 5 dollar donation.

Dude people like you always have the same cop out comeback.... it's because you cant formulate a response and or are not intelligent enough to do so.

And "many moons"? Serious? You are going copyright infringement on the people who hate the constitution as it was written "many moons ago" more than anyone? And you can subsidize something alright, I'll even let you call it an exodus and accept your 5 dollar donation.

Nate_AP1
04-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, in fact I do want more intervention, I would love more intervention in many segments of our society.

And when will you shit ass Republicans get off the "voting away your rights" garbage. Are you opposed to the Thirteenth Amendments Emancipation Proclamation? Or is voting away the right to own a slave counter intuitive to your "oh so patriotic" mindset? Rather keep all the crap in play as long as you feel justified in your patriotism? Hell, its a law and my right.... my forefathers wrote it down and signed it sooooo it has to be ok; I live in the good ole' US of A after all! (A bald eagle in a distant land sheds a tear, and you pound back a Red Dog)

And you honestly got that upset about a statement made regarding time travel? Cripes man, how do you expect me to take that argument seriously? Obviously you put a good deal of thought into what you wanted to come back at me with so.... you win? I’m honestly not sure what you were trying to accomplish by attacking a hypothetical scenario based on time travel and the hindrance of weapon production.... lol, seriously dude.... quantum leap was just a TV show I have no intention to actually travel back in time and take away your precious firearms.

Why do you think I got upset?
And why WOULD someone get upset at such nonsense? The only thing that does make me :facepalm: is that there are plenty of people with that mentality that live in fairy tale land and actually think banning guns would be a good idea. I wonder what other good ideas they have?

crx3
04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
..... Some cokehead drunk guy threatening a skinny half white kid isn't on my list of Police-offenses......

I'm just curious...What other race are you mixed with? No offense, It's just that you have mentioned that you are "half white" a few times in your posts. President Obama is also a skinny half white kid, but on the 2010 Census, he claimed "Black, African-American, or Negro".

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Why do you think I got upset?
And why WOULD someone get upset at such nonsense? The only thing that does make me :facepalm: is that there are plenty of people with that mentality that live in fairy tale land and actually think banning guns would be a good idea. I wonder what other good ideas they have?

Because youre Republican?
Well, I dont think that banning guns is good at this point. I hate them with all of my heart but understand the logic that is, they would still exist. And oh i dont know, woman's right to choose, gay marriage, seperation of church and state...things like that.

teemfedx
04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
didnt realize tempe was turning into the AVES.

Nate_AP1
04-13-2010, 03:55 PM
No you don't need to vote anymore. the Arizona legislators show us that everytime they fuck this state up more. As far as guns go Nate what do you need a gun for? Do you use it every day? Do you think you would need it if others didn't have a gun? How often do you go and shoot your gun? Do you walk around town with it strapped to your hip?

Perfect example of the fucking retards that exist in Arizona. I go to In n Out today for lunch. Of course there's some stupid constitution loving redneck there with his side arm strapped on his belt all holstered up. A couple pouches on the other side with extra magazines and of course he's not a cop. I could tell by the bass pro shops hat her was wearing and the grey haines shirt. What's the point of this? Do you really need a fucking gun to eat a god damn sandwhich at IN n Out? Sure it's your right to own, but that's besides the point.

Why do I need a gun? Why do I have to need a gun? This is not a nation of need, the government does not tell people what they need and do not need here. This is a nation of want. If you want something, you work hard enough to obtain it. If I want a 4000 sq ft house to go to on the weekends - no one is there to determine whether I need it or not.

If you want to live somewhere where you are governed to the "T", and cannot make a mistake because you are simply not allowed to - there are those out there. This is a free country.

With that being said - I'll answer a few of your questions. I do not know if I will ever need a gun, but if I do, I'll have it. Not sure what you mean by use - but no, I probably dont 'use' it everday. I shoot on average a few times a month. And no, I dont have it strapped to my hip, I find a holster works better :2cool:

I'm not sure where you are going with the 2nd paragraph. Because you did not feel he needed something, he should not have it, or is labeled a retard?
That logic is very dangerous. You really want other people determining whether you need something or not? We'll all drive corrolla's, wear grey shirts, and eat 2000 calories a day, cause thats all we need....right?

Its a slippery slope.

xg1rgx
04-13-2010, 04:11 PM
this thread is so fail... grow the fuck up. you have no right to own a gun "a more forceful talk" because why? he stared at you he called you a name?... no need to roll your window down to talk to the guy in the first place, that never goes well. sell your gun on backpage.. buy an xbox and play gta allll you want big man.

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
this thread is so fail... grow the fuck up. you have no right to own a gun "a more forceful talk" because why? he stared at you he called you a name?... no need to roll your window down to talk to the guy in the first place, that never goes well. sell your gun on backpage.. buy an xbox and play gta allll you want big man.

Because he's a MAN

auex
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Had a similiar situation happen while I was driving on camelback right under the mall. 2 Idiots in some old toyota were next to me and for no reason they started yelling shit, then they said lets shoot this fucker. I didn't say a word but at that point my Ruger 9mm was pointed at the one talking just below eyesight. They said it one more time then I had to raise my arm. They fucker ran the red light once I took action.

Needless to say using an unloaded firearm as a perception of threat/defence isn't a very good idea.

VTECin5th
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm just curious...What other race are you mixed with? No offense, It's just that you have mentioned that you are "half white" a few times in your posts. President Obama is also a skinny half white kid, but on the 2010 Census, he claimed "Black, African-American, or Negro".

I'm half Hispanic as well. The same as the guy who insisted I was a "white boy"
I only brought it up for what was said during exchange, not because I'm a piece of the superior race on either side.

By what eviil said, had I shot the guy when he reached for his hip, does anyone know how that would've played out, legally? He had 3-5 people in his car so it wouldn't have been good, I'm just curious.

auex
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
By what eviil said, had I shot the guy when he reached for his hip, does anyone know how that would've played out, legally? He had 3-5 people in his car so it wouldn't have been good, I'm just curious.

As soon as he opened your door... he was asking for his medication... Lead to be injected in him very forcefully.

According to our castle doctrine laws they extend to your vehicle.. and anyone who attempts to corner you in your vehicle.. then initiates aggressive behavior is fair game.

All things said... I think you handled the situation well.

If he opened your door or when he reached for his hip and you "saw" any kind of weapon after what he said you would have been justified in firing.

MrRline2010
04-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Why do I need a gun? Why do I have to need a gun? This is not a nation of need, the government does not tell people what they need and do not need here. This is a nation of want. If you want something, you work hard enough to obtain it. If I want a 4000 sq ft house to go to on the weekends - no one is there to determine whether I need it or not.

If you want to live somewhere where you are governed to the "T", and cannot make a mistake because you are simply not allowed to - there are those out there. This is a free country.

With that being said - I'll answer a few of your questions. I do not know if I will ever need a gun, but if I do, I'll have it. Not sure what you mean by use - but no, I probably dont 'use' it everday. I shoot on average a few times a month. And no, I dont have it strapped to my hip, I find a holster works better :2cool:

I'm not sure where you are going with the 2nd paragraph. Because you did not feel he needed something, he should not have it, or is labeled a retard?
That logic is very dangerous. You really want other people determining whether you need something or not? We'll all drive corrolla's, wear grey shirts, and eat 2000 calories a day, cause thats all we need....right?

Its a slippery slope.

So you want to walk around flaunting a weapon because it makes you feel better about yourself? Was that the point that you were trying to get across. People don't need to walk around with weapons strapped on them. We're not savages and it's a poor excuse. The guy today I was trying to make a point is there was no need to take your gun in a restaurant. last time I checked people weren't getting drive by'd at the local In n Out. I personally get disgusted seeing people walk around to family places, restaurants,stores with a gun mounted on their hip like their so insecure about the world bending them over and taking what's their's. I don't own a gun, but you bet if I were to purchase a gun I wouldn't be walking around everywhere with it like it was my child. Again too you point out want. Well how about this I don't want some idiot who isn't responsible enough to own a gun(edited for racial friendliness) walking around with a gun on him trying to intimidate me. It's cool for you because it's what you want it's not cool for others who don't think that you need to do this on a daily basis?

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
ooops dbl post. Fucking phone

let me throw this hypothetical out there:
if NO ONE had guns, would people stop committing violent crimes?

Shit. If that were the case i would keep my gun at home. But until that day i will excercise every God given (and Constitutionally protected) right afforded me in order to protect whats mine and those around me.

auex
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
So you want to walk around flaunting a weapon because it makes you feel better about yourself? Was that the point that you were trying to get across. People don't need to walk around with weapons strapped on them. We're not savages and it's a poor excuse. The guy today I was trying to make a point is there was no need to take your gun in a restaurant. last time I checked people weren't getting drive by'd at the local In n Out. I personally get disgusted seeing people walk around to family places, restaurants,stores with a gun mounted on their hip like their so insecure about the world bending them over and taking what's their's. I don't own a gun, but you bet if I were to purchase a gun I wouldn't be walking around everywhere with it like it was my child. Again too you point out want. Well how about this I don't want some idiot who isn't responsible enough to own a gun(edited for racial friendliness) walking around with a gun on him trying to intimidate me. It's cool for you because it's what you want it's not cool for others who don't think that you need to do this on a daily basis?

You are entitled to your opinion but I'm sorry if you don't like they way things are then try to change them. Don't take this as a negative resonse as I do respect you from what the forum shows. I do open carry, if I didn't have to sell my .40 cal to cbaracing(fucking economy), not because I want to but because I am to broke to recertify and it is my constitiutional right to do so. I don't do it to look like a gangster, badass, or any other tough guy. I would be wearing slacks and a dress shirt while open carrying. That being said I have never ever been aproached by a police officer with the execption of 1 who was wondering what kind of firearm I had and how I liked it. Like it or not some of the wild west is still the wild west.

It is too bad that all the fucking tools out there pulling the shit that happened in the OP that give the norm firearm owner alone.

Also did they pass the law allowing carry into restaraunts that serve alcohol? Regarding the dave and buster's response.

crx3
04-13-2010, 04:55 PM

You understand that the Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in Confederate states right? Slaves in Union controlled states were not freed until years later when the Thirteenth Amendment was passed by Congress. The Emancipation Proclamation was a tool used to weaken the Confederacy, while allowing slavery to continue in Union territory. You understand that President Lincoln was a Republican right? You understand that in the era of Reconstruction in the former Confederate states, that the freed slaves no longer had a place to live, food to eat, or employment. Any freed slave who did find employment found that life wasn't much different than before the end of slavery. The Union army destroyed most forms of economic structure in the South, and did not gather up the freed slaves and take them to the North. There was no Welfare, Affirmative Action, or Unemployment Insurance, and freed slaves who did not find a job and a place to live were subject to arrest and fines. You understand that the slavery of Africans was started in Africa by Africans, where it continues to exist until today. You understand that their were free blacks in America who were slave owners. You understand that over half of all white emigrants that arrived in the English colonies of North America during the 17th and 18th centuries were indentured servants where they existed in conditions similar to the African slaves. Like slaves, servants were bought and sold, could not marry without the permission of their owner, were subject to physical punishment. The difference was that the servants would eventually gain freedom if they survived their period of servitude, many did not. Property owners who had both servants and slaves would often use the servants for the most dangerous jobs because if the servant was killed, there was no loss of investment except maybe a small payment to the widow. Slaves were a huge investment, and the slave owners had a vital interest in their continued health and safety, thus insuring a lifetime of free labor. The issue of slavery in the United States is not clearly a white and black issue as most think.

apSquidFace
04-13-2010, 05:00 PM
You understand that the Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in Confederate states right? Slaves in Union controlled states were not freed until years later when the Thirteenth Amendment was passed by Congress. The Emancipation Proclamation was a tool used to weaken the Confederacy, while allowing slavery to continue in Union territory. You understand that President Lincoln was a Republican right? You understand that in the era of Reconstruction in the former Confederate states, that the freed slaves no longer had a place to live, food to eat, or employment. Any freed slave who did find employment found that life wasn't much different than before the end of slavery. The Union army destroyed most forms of economic structure in the South, and did not gather up the freed slaves and take them to the North. There was no Welfare, Affirmative Action, or Unemployment Insurance, and freed slaves who did not find a job and a place to live were subject to arrest and fines. You understand that the slavery of Africans was started in Africa by Africans, where it continues to exist until today. You understand that their were free blacks in America who were slave owners. You understand that over half of all white emigrants that arrived in the English colonies of North America during the 17th and 18th centuries were indentured servants where they existed in conditions similar to the African slaves. Like slaves, servants were bought and sold, could not marry without the permission of their owner, were subject to physical punishment. The difference was that the servants would eventually gain freedom if they survived their period of servitude, many did not. Property owners who had both servants and slaves would often use the servants for the most dangerous jobs because if the servant was killed, there was no loss of investment except maybe a small payment to the widow. Slaves were a huge investment, and the slave owners had a vital interest in their continued health and safety, thus insuring a lifetime of free labor. The issue of slavery in the United States is not clearly a white and black issue as most think.

It was an example man, I wasn't using it as a history lesson and/or the end all be all argument against reform.....thanks for the refresher course though.

auex
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM

It was an example man, I wasn't using it as a history lesson and/or the end all be all argument against reform.....thanks for the refresher course though.

Lets appeal women's suffrage while we are at it. I mean we all know they have no brains. Also while we are reenacting slavery lets add all the illegal immagrants we catcth to the list only. And we can outlaw firearms but leagalize grenades. That's the ticket. That way both involved would probably die during the encounter. Let darwin dwindle the population.

Nate_AP1
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM

Where do you get the insecurity and feeling good about ones self in relation to carrying a firearm?
My point was if we all reacted to these feelings (fear, disgust) - then society would have 3x as many rules and we wouldnt be driving the cars we drive, doing the things we do or going to the places we want to go to.

As far as you not wanting some idiot to be walking around carrying a weapon - I'm not sure what qualifies you to determine who is fit to carry a weapon? How do you know they are trying to intimidate you? How about quit interjecting false pretenses into your arguments? It seems you immediately judge someone when you see they are wearing a gun? I do not open carry - and thats an argument in itself, but I've found that people who do open carry are usually very polite.

I know a lot of people that would much prefer we didnt drive our "ZOMG streetracer" cars cause we are racing all over town and killing babies and animals. The reality of the situation is that very few incidents can reflect on the hobby in a negative way. You cannot make stupid illegal. Stupid people will drive cars....stupid people will have guns, and taking away whatever it is that they are stupid with, will not make them smarter.

accordmuff
04-13-2010, 06:25 PM
all very good examples i wouldnt have it on me when im out with my daughter or goin to chuckie cheese nor ne resturants its straight stupid an funny seeing young bucks rolling into mickey d's wit some punk ass heat like they hardcore its funny . I keep it unda the seat or trunk or onda side of seat holsterd with the trigger lock i dont need to wear it every where i go to feel cool only when im out late in bad areas like 12 st n garfield 87 th ave osborn
7th st n roesure just cause i have concealed liscense id never use it unless its a last resort id rather throw some blows then pull a trigger thats just me.

Semper Fi do or die

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 06:57 PM
you might feel differently after spending some time in the Corps

crx3
04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
all very good examples i wouldnt have it on me when im out with my daughter or goin to chuckie cheese nor ne resturants its straight stupid an funny seeing young bucks rolling into mickey d's wit some punk ass heat like they hardcore its funny . I keep it unda the seat or trunk or onda side of seat holsterd with the trigger lock i dont need to wear it every where i go to feel cool only when im out late in bad areas like 12 st n garfield 87 th ave osborn
7th st n roesure just cause i have concealed liscense id never use it unless its a last resort id rather throw some blows then pull a trigger thats just me.

Semper Fi do or die

The most practical solution for a gun owner is to have a CCW and to carry concealed at all times. I've yet to meet anyone who knew in advance that they were going to be assaulted, robbed, raped, or killed. Having a weapon is an equalizer, and last option when all other options have failed. I don't carry open because I don't want to attract attention, and I have a weapon, holster and clothing that allow virtually unnoticeable concealment. For me having a weapon is not about being cool or hardcore, it is about being safe. People who ridicule armed civilians might as well ridicule armed police, as they are armed for the same reason; safety and as an equalizer when all other options fail. People who ridicule armed civilians are probably the same people who ridicule body builders, boxers, or martial artists. They think those people are trying to act tough or hard. I once asked a young "urban" man why he carried a gun in the projects of Houston. His response: "Cause it ain't about boxing no more", well said.

"This We'll defend."

accordmuff
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
i can vouch for crx3 on dat qoute bout the projects in houston n carrying heat
sad dat young bucks wanna dump on you but wont box ?
but im sorry if i miss read or understood wat gunsup u were saying i wasnt trying to be a bad ass
or brave because i was in the Marine Corps they just taught me to evaluate the picture alot faster think quick act quick move quick when u go on 3 tours its a joke compared to the punk asses here trying to act buck vs the surgeons that possibly have a detinator to an ied near ur platoon etc its sad wat these poor souls do to harmless civilians

Semper Fi do or die

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 09:11 PM
nah just saw MCRD and assumed boot status lol

2point6
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
you might feel differently after spending some time in the Corps

No shit. sounds like a 1st phaser... lol. j/k

3 tours eh? I understand the evaluation part, but not that you carry it in the truck with a trigger lock. Why carry it? missing some good 'ole Marine rational there somehow... I must have missed something in your post.

gunsup0331
04-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I saw the overwhelming ghetto slang in muffs post and figured they hadnt gotten all the thug out yet :)

In the infantry we carried 24/7, i feel naked without a gun by my side.
We also learned theres no such thing as a fair fight. If you arent fighting for your life then why are you fighting in the first place?
overwhelming firepower and "violence in motherfucking action" is the safest way to suppress an enemy threat.

"No better friend, no worse enemy"

Semper Fi

MrRline2010
04-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Where do you get the insecurity and feeling good about ones self in relation to carrying a firearm?
My point was if we all reacted to these feelings (fear, disgust) - then society would have 3x as many rules and we wouldnt be driving the cars we drive, doing the things we do or going to the places we want to go to.

As far as you not wanting some idiot to be walking around carrying a weapon - I'm not sure what qualifies you to determine who is fit to carry a weapon? How do you know they are trying to intimidate you? How about quit interjecting false pretenses into your arguments? It seems you immediately judge someone when you see they are wearing a gun? I do not open carry - and thats an argument in itself, but I've found that people who do open carry are usually very polite.

I know a lot of people that would much prefer we didnt drive our "ZOMG streetracer" cars cause we are racing all over town and killing babies and animals. The reality of the situation is that very few incidents can reflect on the hobby in a negative way. You cannot make stupid illegal. Stupid people will drive cars....stupid people will have guns, and taking away whatever it is that they are stupid with, will not make them smarter.

I wouldn't know where to begin to classify the amount of idiots who have guns. I guess we could begin with the amount of idiots that walk into banks around here with guns on their hips? I guess you really gotta bring your gun to the bank makes perfect sense! We could go with the idiot in this thread who decided to threaten the op with a glock 45. A fine judge of character there! We could go with the guy who pulled a gun at west gate last year I believe it was who was immediately brought down by an off duty officer. (mixed emotions on that one) There was the kid on here about a year ago who decided to pull a gun on a lady because she brake checked him. This is just a few of the idiots I can think of off the top of my head at 6:15 am. These people don't need guns if anything this proves that we should make getting a gun harder than just a background check. Anyway nothing against any responsible gun owners here. If you like guns great. I just don't think there's any need for people to openly display them and in most cases they aren't used for the intended purpose their used to commit crimes against others. Just my personal opinion. I'll be waiting for the flame back.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I saw the overwhelming ghetto slang in muffs post and figured they hadnt gotten all the thug out yet :)

In the infantry we carried 24/7, i feel naked without a gun by my side.
We also learned theres no such thing as a fair fight. If you arent fighting for your life then why are you fighting in the first place?
overwhelming firepower and "violence in motherfucking action" is the safest way to suppress an enemy threat.

"No better friend, no worse enemy"

Semper Fi

ummmm....?

gunsup0331
04-14-2010, 08:51 AM
hmm. I have a gun i carry with me. Im going to the bank...why would i NOT carry into the bank? I carry a gun to protect myself from other idiots who choose to use firearms for illegal purposes.
i really dont understand why you are so convinced that carrying a weapon makes you more likely to be an idiot or have a low self esteem or smehow dangerous. The only ppl im dangerous to are those who would seek to harm me or those around me.
The examples you cited are such a miniscule representation of gun owners itd blatantly ignorant of reality. Statistics bear it out that the more gun legislation and less guns per capita equal more violent crime. Ive yet to be disproved on this one but youre more then welcome to take a shot. No pun intended lol

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
hmm. I have a gun i carry with me. Im going to the bank...why would i NOT carry into the bank? I carry a gun to protect myself from other idiots who choose to use firearms for illegal purposes.
i really dont understand why you are so convinced that carrying a weapon makes you more likely to be an idiot or have a low self esteem or smehow dangerous. The only ppl im dangerous to are those who would seek to harm me or those around me.
The examples you cited are such a miniscule representation of gun owners itd blatantly ignorant of reality. Statistics bear it out that the more gun legislation and less guns per capita equal more violent crime. Ive yet to be disproved on this one but youre more then welcome to take a shot. No pun intended lol

Of course you "have yet to be proven wrong" whether or not your opinions are justified, you (just like the majority of humanity) are too proud to admit when you are wrong or could use some new perspective... So spending my time arguing the point with you is just ultimately wasted effort, it absolutely wont make a difference, you will "disprove" anything I point out. The simple fact that you think your "facts" are irrefutable evidence that guns are a necessity therefore justifying your behavior and outlook on top of the fact you feel as if "you have yet to be disproved" is enough for me to just let it slide...I’ve gone down this road to many times to know that 5 paragraphs of my liberal views will just piss you off more possibly even to the point where you threaten me and/or as you already have, tell me to leave the country... It's a never-ending cycle with you people. At least I am now able to understand that the outlawing of firearms will only cause more headaches… a liberal admitting that is like you admitting we had no business fighting in Iraq, it was hard to swallow.

All I can do is sit back and laugh, it has honestly gotten to the point where you right wingers are so ridiculous it is close to comical.... always so pissed about everything and so afraid to "lose your freedom". If you feel more comfortable with a gun with you at all times, please by all means carry that gun, I of all people don’t want you to feel insecure as you obviously along with the rest of the gun carrying population have such a hard time avoiding conflict for some reason.

Funny, I have lived in Central Phoenix and have been playing basketball/walking the streets/ coexisting with the wrong crowd in south and central Phoenix for over 10 years and have yet to encounter conflict that would require a firearm to resolve.... and its the liberals that need to "man up".... time you guys grow up and get over your macho tendencies.

Nate_AP1
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't know where to begin to classify the amount of idiots who have guns. I guess we could begin with the amount of idiots that walk into banks around here with guns on their hips? I guess you really gotta bring your gun to the bank makes perfect sense! We could go with the idiot in this thread who decided to threaten the op with a glock 45. A fine judge of character there! We could go with the guy who pulled a gun at west gate last year I believe it was who was immediately brought down by an off duty officer. (mixed emotions on that one) There was the kid on here about a year ago who decided to pull a gun on a lady because she brake checked him. This is just a few of the idiots I can think of off the top of my head at 6:15 am. These people don't need guns if anything this proves that we should make getting a gun harder than just a background check. Anyway nothing against any responsible gun owners here. If you like guns great. I just don't think there's any need for people to openly display them and in most cases they aren't used for the intended purpose their used to commit crimes against others. Just my personal opinion. I'll be waiting for the flame back.

The problem with that thinking is similar to going to the junk yard and looking at all the cars that crashed and saying "wow look how many accidents there are".... without pointing out all the cars that are currently on the road doing just fine.

Also, not sure why you think carrying a gun into a bank would make someone an idiot. But - it seems you think anyone who carries a gun at all is an idiot, so I guess it makes sense.

So you are ok with concealed carry? Just dont like seeing them? Fortunately for you a new law should be passing soon to help with that.

Nate_AP1
04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Of course you "have yet to be proven wrong" whether or not your opinions are justified, you (just like the majority of humanity) are too proud to admit when you are wrong or could use some new perspective... So spending my time arguing the point with you is just ultimately wasted effort, it absolutely wont make a difference, you will "disprove" anything I point out. The simple fact that you think your "facts" are irrefutable evidence that guns are a necessity therefore justifying your behavior and outlook on top of the fact you feel as if "you have yet to be disproved" is enough for me to just let it slide...I’ve gone down this road to many times to know that 5 paragraphs of my liberal views will just piss you off more possibly even to the point where you threaten me and/or as you already have, tell me to leave the country... It's a never-ending cycle with you people. At least I am now able to understand that the outlawing of firearms will only cause more headaches… a liberal admitting that is like you admitting we had no business fighting in Iraq, it was hard to swallow.

All I can do is sit back and laugh, it has honestly gotten to the point where you right wingers are so ridiculous it is close to comical.... always so pissed about everything and so afraid to "lose your freedom". If you feel more comfortable with a gun with you at all times, please by all means carry that gun, I of all people don’t want you to feel insecure as you obviously along with the rest of the gun carrying population have such a hard time avoiding conflict for some reason.

Funny, I have lived in Central Phoenix and have been playing basketball/walking the streets/ coexisting with the wrong crowd in south and central Phoenix for over 10 years and have yet to encounter conflict that would require a firearm to resolve.... and its the liberals that need to "man up".... time you guys grow up and get over your macho tendencies.

Lots of generalizing there. Liberal this, right winger that, "You people".

If there is one topic out there politically that seems to bridge the gap a little, it seems to be guns. I've talked to many liberals that are pro gun.

Good job turning this into a political debate :goodjob:

KrazyHondaChick
04-14-2010, 10:07 AM
You can never go anywhere no a days without your protection. Good job on keeping your cool.

gunsup0331
04-14-2010, 10:15 AM
squid..Bro... Your above diatribe which ignore all all facts and go straight to generalization combined with saying we had no business in Iraq is pretty much an admission to being permanently biased, narrow-minded and possibly mentally/socially retarded (not joking).
You go tell that to the average Iraqi family and they will spit on you with regard to both topics, guns and the Iraq war.

gunsup0331
04-14-2010, 10:35 AM
fuck i wish i had a longer attention span and wasnt on my phone in school right now. I could literally pick apart and destroy every talking point in squid and cronics emotional and factually void arguments.
I do want to make one thing clear though:
I do not hold a grudge against anyone on this forum for debating their opinion. I believe debate to be healthy, even necessary at times.
I have no personal pride when it comes to the topics of guns/politics because emotional involvement clouds judgement and deteriorates credibility. I am a seeker and preacher of truth, however one of few Beliefs (not to be confused with statements of fact) i will vehemently adhere to is the sanctity of this nations founding documents and the timeless nature of the principles therein.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 11:01 AM
squid..Bro... Your above diatribe which ignore all all facts and go straight to generalization combined with saying we had no business in Iraq is pretty much an admission to being permanently biased, narrow-minded and possibly mentally/socially retarded (not joking).
You go tell that to the average Iraqi family and they will spit on you with regard to both topics, guns and the Iraq war.

First of all I'm not a "Bro" and, thanks for proving my point.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
fuck i wish i had a longer attention span and wasnt on my phone in school right now. I could literally pick apart and destroy every talking point in squid and cronics emotional and factually void arguments.
I do want to make one thing clear though:
I do not hold a grudge against anyone on this forum for debating their opinion. I believe debate to be healthy, even necessary at times.
I have no personal pride when it comes to the topics of guns/politics because emotional involvement clouds judgement and deteriorates credibility. I am a seeker and preacher of truth, however one of few Beliefs (not to be confused with statements of fact) i will vehemently adhere to is the sanctity of this nations founding documents and the timeless nature of the principles therein.

So, when you are not too distracted to dissect my emotional babble, which by the way is based on my opinionated core set of values and not what I am preaching to be factual... dissect away! However you should remember that the more you dissect and the more you justify, the more you prove away any notion of having that subjective attitude you so dutiably described as being a "seeker of truth" and having "no personal pride when the topic of guns/politics...emotional...blah blah.."

Fact of the matter is, you do care, you care a whole lot otherwise you wouldn’t be debating at all and you wouldn’t feel the need to say things like "fuck I wish I had a longer attention span and wasn’t on my phone in school right now. I could literally pick apart and destroy every talking point in squid and cronics emotional and factually void arguments." The fact that you are bothered so much by the matter in which you have yet to really flesh out little more than ridiculous statements about your belief of patriotism (again stating that my arguments are factually void when I have admitted my beliefs are opinion; an opinion that can in fact be swayed by rational thought out meaningful truths) shows that the front you put on to seem indifferent is just that, a front. So... let me have it man, burn me with your extensive knowledge of the world and its inter-workings, school me on life and who I should be, prove to me that the constitution is flawless... go on I’m waiting. Until then, holster the glock and look in the mirror.

And as far as Iraq goes...you couldnt have provided a more perfect answer.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Lots of generalizing there. Liberal this, right winger that, "You people".

If there is one topic out there politically that seems to bridge the gap a little, it seems to be guns. I've talked to many liberals that are pro gun.

Good job turning this into a political debate :goodjob:

Anytime I get the chance, chum. :thumbup:

jakellama123
04-14-2010, 11:33 AM

i agree with this
so many stupid/hotheaded/immature people carry guns
i see no problem with someone keeping a gun in their closet or their glove box "just in case"
but you shouldnt have to carry it around everywhere
if you feel threatened going into a grocery store maybe you need to re-evaluate your life and move to a better area

gunsup0331
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
unfortunately it is becoming obvious that you have already lumped me and others into the parking lot gangster category so any further discussion would be fruitless. Your mind is set and anything further will be taken out of context, ignored or ridiculed.
When you have facts+logic instead of wholly unsupported opinion on gun-toting "right wingers" ill hop back in the saddle. I base my arguments on logic which help form my Opinion. I cannot impose my personal beliefs on anyone however i can present to others the logic and the facts from which that logic is derived. I am actually kind of insulted by the perfect absence of logic in your responses. To retort at this point would grant validity to your statements which, again, are based on amorphous opinions derived from ...........? something besides truth and history.

gunsup0331
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
i agree with this
so many stupid/hotheaded/immature people carry guns
i see no problem with someone keeping a gun in their closet or their glove box "just in case"
but you shouldnt have to carry it around everywhere
if you feel threatened going into a grocery store maybe you need to re-evaluate your life and move to a better area
-I would like to see where you referenced this ratio of "stupid hotheads" vs. Good guys ratio. Its seems you are mistakenly using the actions of very few to judge a vast group of people.

-who are you to determine where a person is allowed to bring protection?

-columbine was a "nice area"

-like i said before, the day there is no violent, random crime is the day i leave my guns at home

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 12:35 PM
unfortunately it is becoming obvious that you have already lumped me and others into the parking lot gangster category so any further discussion would be fruitless. Your mind is set and anything further will be taken out of context, ignored or ridiculed.
When you have facts+logic instead of wholly unsupported opinion on gun-toting "right wingers" ill hop back in the saddle. I base my arguments on logic which help form my Opinion. I cannot impose my personal beliefs on anyone however i can present to others the logic and the facts from which that logic is derived. I am actually kind of insulted by the perfect absence of logic in your responses. To retort at this point would grant validity to your statements which, again, are based on amorphous opinions derived from ...........? something besides truth and history.

oh brother.:facepalm:

You're honestly going to take the exact points I made against you and reiterate them back to me? ugh

crx3
04-14-2010, 04:47 PM

Here is a example of a gay man in Tucson who might still be alive if he had a weapon and maybe some self-defense training:

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/hate-crime/Content?oid=1078336

As a gay man living in an urban environment, you are in a high risk group for being on the receiving end of violent attacks, either by mentally ill wackos, skinheads, or just current or ex-boyfriends. I had a gay coworker who was anti-gun until he was the victim of a home invasion in which he was beaten and robbed. He is now pro-gun and often goes target shooting. It's about safety and the preservation of life.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Here is a example of a gay man in Tucson who might still be alive if he had a weapon and maybe some self-defense training:

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/hate-crime/Content?oid=1078336

As a gay man, you are in a high risk group for being on the receiving end of violent attacks, either by mentally ill wackos, skinheads, or just current or ex-boyfriends. I had a gay coworker who was anti-gun until he was the victim of a home invasion in which he was beaten and robbed. He is now pro-gun and often goes target shooting. It's about safety and the preservation of one's life.

Might be helpful and inspiring if I were gay...? You don't understand sarcasm/humor do you?

I hardly ever understand your angle when you comment on things like this...I mean its obvious you are overly concerned with sexual orientation and race as well a big supporter of the right side... but things like this make me feel as if you may be autistic. Honestly, no offense if you actually are but being so devoid of personality makes things awkward in situations like this.

MrRline2010
04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
The problem with that thinking is similar to going to the junk yard and looking at all the cars that crashed and saying "wow look how many accidents there are".... without pointing out all the cars that are currently on the road doing just fine.

Also, not sure why you think carrying a gun into a bank would make someone an idiot. But - it seems you think anyone who carries a gun at all is an idiot, so I guess it makes sense.

So you are ok with concealed carry? Just dont like seeing them? Fortunately for you a new law should be passing soon to help with that.

Wait are you really serious about the one highlighted in red? If your saying that you think it's ok to bring a gun into a bank dude your absolutely bonkers.

rudsone
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
soooo no one got blasted?

why have a gun if youre not gona use it d00d!

failskies

crx3
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Might be helpful and inspiring if I were gay...? You don't understand sarcasm/humor do you?

I hardly ever understand your angle when you comment on things like this...I mean its obvious you are overly concerned with sexual orientation and race as well a big supporter of the right side... but things like this make me feel as if you may be autistic. Honestly, no offense if you actually are but being so devoid of personality makes things awkward in situations like this.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were "in character". After reading so many of you posts in which you claim to be gay, I just assumed that you were. Now I'm not sure if you really are a left-wing liberal, or if that also is just role playing. Maybe you are just the resident AZHT agent provocateur.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize you were "in character". After reading so many of you posts in which you claim to be gay, I just assumed that you were. Now I'm not sure if you really are a left-wing liberal, or if that also is just role playing. Maybe you are just the resident AZHT agent provocateur.

So...are you autistic or not?

crx3
04-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Wait are you really serious about the one highlighted in red? If your saying that you think it's ok to bring a gun into a bank dude your absolutely bonkers.

I go to the bank armed each and every time. My bank must want me to be armed, otherwise they would post a sign indicating that no guns are allowed. They have a sign indicating that no hats or sunglasses are allowed, they have a sign indicating that no smoking is allowed.

My instructor at the CCW class told us that the AZ DPS wants us to be armed, or they would act to prevent open or concealed carry. He also stated that he only carries openly, because he wants people to become accustomed to seeing civilians with sidearms, and not to be alarmed.

crx3
04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
So...are you autistic or not?

So..are you gay or not?

gunsup0331
04-14-2010, 05:31 PM

i do this at least once a week so im honestly having a hard time understanding your concern....im not being sarcastic i really dont understand why you would not want to carry a gun in a bank...Banks get robbed every now and then you know...Ever wonder why the armored truck guys have guns?

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
So..are you gay or not?

Im not the one brandishing the Del Sol. Autistic it is I guess.

crx3
04-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I assume you don't have any logical talking points, so instead resort to stereotyping and name calling. I smell a troll.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I assume you don't have any logical talking points, so instead resort to stereotyping and name calling. I smell a troll.

I've been trolling this board for far longer than you and or most people know my man.... as far as logic goes you say tomato I say tom(ah)to

crx3
04-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I've been trolling this board for far longer than you and or most people know my man.... as far as logic goes you say tomato I say tom(ah)to

You say that like it's a good thing. Back to topic, or has this thread run aground.

BTW, I've been driving imports, including Hondas since before you were alive my man.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
You say that like it's a good thing. Back to topic, or has this thread run aground.

BTW, I've been driving imports, including Hondas since before you were alive my man.

Im happy that I'm nothing like you so...yeah to me it's very much so a good thing.

Cool dude, Honda blows... I don't drive the kind of imports you have been driving since before I was born.

Can't believe you are 42+ and still immature enough to keep rolling with this? Impressive...

crx3
04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Im happy that I'm nothing like you so...yeah to me it's very much so a good thing.

Cool dude, Honda blows... I don't drive the kind of imports you have been driving since before I was born.

Can't believe you are 42+ and still immature enough to keep rolling with this? Impressive...

Oh yeah I'm listening to Ted Nugent, watching Bill O'Reilly on Tivo, and chatting with a troll, all while enjoying my pabst blue ribbon. In a minute I'm gonna yell at my wife to make me some tacos.

So apSquidFace, if Hondas blow, and you don't drive the kind of imports I have been driving (how would you know), what do you drive. I want to know so that I can get one and be cool like you, hell I'll even put an Obama sticker on it in your honor.

apSquidFace
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh yeah I'm listening to Ted Nugent, watching Bill O'Reilly on Tivo, and chatting with a troll, all while enjoying my pabst blue ribbon. In a minute I'm gonna yell at my wife to make me some tacos.

So apSquidFace, if Hondas blow, and you don't drive the kind of imports I have been driving (how would you know), what do you drive. I want to know so that I can get one and be cool like you, hell I'll even put an Obama sticker on it in your honor.

Just a piece of shit (and you're right I dont). Enjoy your tacos.

jakellama123
04-14-2010, 08:35 PM
i hope when im in my 40's im not driving any honda other than an nsx

2point6
04-14-2010, 10:53 PM

I did that last night... except for the wife part. I went to los Betos instead. True story. And I had a loaded gun on me. :)

2point6
04-14-2010, 10:58 PM

I think crx3 was being funny as hell! I questioned your oreintation once too, but I figured it out and now I just accept you for the way you are... :)

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM

http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/cool_story_brah_cat.jpg

crx3
04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
I think crx3 was being funny as hell! I questioned your oreintation once too, but I figured it out and now I just accept you for the way you are... :)

I really did think he was gay. I thought it was odd to find an open flamer on a car forum, but who am I to judge. Unfortunately, my autism prevents me from reading between the lines. It's either that or all those years of drinking bad moonshine whiskey from my granddaddy's still.

MrRline2010
04-15-2010, 02:06 AM
I go to the bank armed each and every time. My bank must want me to be armed, otherwise they would post a sign indicating that no guns are allowed. They have a sign indicating that no hats or sunglasses are allowed, they have a sign indicating that no smoking is allowed.

My instructor at the CCW class told us that the AZ DPS wants us to be armed, or they would act to prevent open or concealed carry. He also stated that he only carries openly, because he wants people to become accustomed to seeing civilians with sidearms, and not to be alarmed.

i do this at least once a week so im honestly having a hard time understanding your concern....im not being sarcastic i really dont understand why you would not want to carry a gun in a bank...Banks get robbed every now and then you know...Ever wonder why the armored truck guys have guns?

You too really are fucking idiots. What do you think the first thing a teller thinks when they see someone come into a bank with a gun? They think oh god I may get robbed. Did you two morons ever consider this? They don't go and say oh my knight in shining armor here with his pistol strapped to save the day.Many of these people don't know you on a personal basis other than what your bank account shows what makes you think they want to be subjected to wondering if your a crazy that's gonna shoot them or not. Furthmore you talk about dps go ahead and walk up to one gun strapped on your hip in a situation. Bet the first thing is guns up hands in the air get on the ground. They don't know. Your intentions and neither do others. All I know is if you feel the need to flaunt your gun around in public and can't leave your house without it your an absolute pussy in my eyes end of story

Nate_AP1
04-15-2010, 02:16 AM
You too really are fucking idiots. What do you think the first thing a teller thinks when they see someone come into a bank with a gun? They think oh god I may get robbed. Did you two morons ever consider this? They don't go and say oh my knight in shining armor here with his pistol strapped to save the day.

lulz @ Irony

Just because thats what you think, doesnt mean thats what the tellers think. I dont open carry anywhere - so its a non issue for me. I guess if you think automatically that guns=bad and you pee a little when you see them - that might be your rationale, but most people dont think that way.

MrRline2010
04-15-2010, 02:25 AM
lulz @ Irony

Just because thats what you think, doesnt mean thats what the tellers think. I dont open carry anywhere - so its a non issue for me. I guess if you think automatically that guns=bad and you pee a little when you see them - that might be your rationale, but most people dont think that way.

Yeah its ok the law says you can so we should promptly award you with a good guy sheriffs star so we all know you have no intentions of hurting anybody. I don't know you therefore if I see you with a gun I don't know your intentions. I just know your insecure that's all. And a potential threat

crx3
04-15-2010, 02:33 AM
You too really are fucking idiots. What do you think the first thing a teller thinks when they see someone come into a bank with a gun? They think oh god I may get robbed. Did you two morons ever consider this? They don't go and say oh my knight in shining armor here with his pistol strapped to save the day.Many of these people don't know you on a personal basis other than what your bank account shows what makes you think they want to be subjected to wondering if your a crazy that's gonna shoot them or not. Furthmore you talk about dps go ahead and walk up to one gun strapped on your hip in a situation. Bet the first thing is guns up hands in the air get on the ground. They don't know. Your intentions and neither do others. All I know is if you feel the need to flaunt your gun around in public and can't leave your house without it your an absolute pussy in my eyes end of story

Hey tough guy, did you miss the part where I stated that I carry concealed, that means no one can see the gun asshole. Here is my post from the previous page:

The most practical solution for a gun owner is to have a CCW and to carry concealed at all times. I've yet to meet anyone who knew in advance that they were going to be assaulted, robbed, raped, or killed. Having a weapon is an equalizer, and last option when all other options have failed. I don't carry open because I don't want to attract attention, and I have a weapon, holster and clothing that allow virtually unnoticeable concealment. For me having a weapon is not about being cool or hardcore, it is about being safe. People who ridicule armed civilians might as well ridicule armed police, as they are armed for the same reason; safety and as an equalizer when all other options fail. People who ridicule armed civilians are probably the same people who ridicule body builders, boxers, or martial artists. They think those people are trying to act tough or hard. I once asked a young "urban" man why he carried a gun in the projects of Houston. His response: "Cause it ain't about boxing no more", well said.

DPS is a department of the AZ state government, it is not a person. You must be referring to a State Trooper, who works for the DPS. Why would the DPS mind if I carry a gun, THEY ISSUED ME A PERMIT TO DO EXACTLY THAT. I have been through routine stops by local, state, and federal law enforcement officers while armed, and they didn't freak out or throw me to the ground when I informed them that I had a sidearm. Do you wonder why? Because I am lawfully carrying a weapon, and I am permitted by the State to do so. I suspect that you don't have much experience with LE or military people, because if you did you would find that most are level headed and don't always jump to conclusions. If guns aren't for you, so be it. I'm happy for you, but don't tell me or any other law abiding American what we can or can't do. Judging from your posts on the subject, I doubt that you are responsible enough for safe gun ownership, end of story.

apSquidFace
04-15-2010, 07:31 AM
I really did think he was gay. I thought it was odd to find an open flamer on a car forum, but who am I to judge. Unfortunately, my autism prevents me from reading between the lines. It's either that or all those years of drinking bad moonshine whiskey from my granddaddy's still.

You're seriously 42+? "flamer", del sol.....42+ really?

Life at the outbound call center really that unfulfilling? I mean, I get the whole "hanging out with a more youthful crowd makes me feel younger" thing...but dude...really? Are you here because you want to be; or because life's handed you lemons and you've been unable to go about making the proverbial lemonade? Or... did you mistakenly think that AZHT was actually some sort of "enthusiast" forum subsequently getting sucked into the immature fragmented teen speak and couldn't resist the return visit's?

crx3
04-15-2010, 07:58 AM
You're seriously 42+? "flamer", del sol.....42+ really?

Life at the outbound call center really that unfulfilling? I mean, I get the whole "hanging out with a more youthful crowd makes me feel younger" thing...but dude...really? Are you here because you want to be; or because life's handed you lemons and you've been unable to go about making the proverbial lemonade? Or... did you mistakenly think that AZHT was actually some sort of "enthusiast" forum subsequently getting sucked into the immature fragmented teen speak and couldn't resist the return visit's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqQB2HZnedo&feature=related

apSquidFace
04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqQB2HZnedo&feature=related

Im only on azht at work youll have to give me the play by play.

JDMitation
04-15-2010, 09:02 AM
this thread just went from embarrassing to pitiful.

2point6
04-15-2010, 10:01 AM

Well, you might as well include me in on this one also... I carry into a bank or anywhere a gun is allowed, even some bars now. 95% of the time I do carry concealed though.

The few times I have been in a bank carrying "openly" I never once felt a teller thought I was gonna rob them. On one occasion... I carried a large amount of cash in and the teller asked my why I had so much on me. It was about 4 grand. She asked if I felt safe carrying it and I told her that I was armed. "She was like really? Let me see..." This is where she made the mistake. I asked her if she thought it would be wise to show my gun to her at the teller window... FAIL. She agreed not, but her and I joke about it every time I am in the bank now.

My point is, not all tellers are paranoid about guns as you are generalizing. Not all people "flaunt" guns around in public either. Don't missunderstand that carrying openly is the same as brandishing a weapon. It isn't. IF that makes me a pussy also... well, I will keep my thoughts about you concealed... like my weapon. ;)

2point6
04-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah its ok the law says you can so we should promptly award you with a good guy sheriffs star so we all know you have no intentions of hurting anybody. I don't know you therefore if I see you with a gun I don't know your intentions. I just know your insecure that's all. And a potential threat

So basically, you are scared of people with guns. Ok... I can accept that. I have a much better understanding of your veiw point now.

gunsup0331
04-15-2010, 10:22 AM

-First off, who cares what the teller at the bank thinks. Secondly the tellers at my bank see a clean cut dude who is very polite and outgoing which presents a positive image on the carrying community. Thirdly do you really think a bank robber walks in the bank with pistol neatly holstered and in open sight, walks up with ID in hand, smiles and asks to make a deposit?

-police officers including DPS are hella cool with me when they see me walkin around with my son, chillin at McDonalds Playplace or even when i get pulled over, first thing out of my mouth is "officer id like to inform you that i have a loaded firearm in the vehicle with me." after that things go smooth gotten plenty warnings but very few tickets since i started keeping the gun with me at all times. Shit, last time i got pulled over he just looked where it was tucked for quick access wedged against the center console then proceeded to bs about stupid drunk drivers for a few minutes, turned his back to me a few times during our conversation then shook my hand and wished me good evening.

Case in point is you can have your opinion all day but you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
Another thing. As a USMC Combat Vet ive yet to be called a pussy but hey, like i said, go ahead and base your opinion off of whatever irrational fears you possess. Your username indicates you are a pothead which in MY opinion makes you a fucking retard but hey, only 90% of potheads i know fail at life so youre probably a standup guy

tommygomez
04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
since when is it not ok? I see people do it all the time.

MrRline2010
04-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Well, you might as well include me in on this one also... I carry into a bank or anywhere a gun is allowed, even some bars now. 95% of the time I do carry concealed though.

The few times I have been in a bank carrying "openly" I never once felt a teller thought I was gonna rob them. On one occasion... I carried a large amount of cash in and the teller asked my why I had so much on me. It was about 4 grand. She asked if I felt safe carrying it and I told her that I was armed. "She was like really? Let me see..." This is where she made the mistake. I asked her if she thought it would be wise to show my gun to her at the teller window... FAIL. She agreed not, but her and I joke about it every time I am in the bank now.

My point is, not all tellers are paranoid about guns as you are generalizing. Not all people "flaunt" guns around in public either. Don't missunderstand that carrying openly is the same as brandishing a weapon. It isn't. IF that makes me a pussy also... well, I will keep my thoughts about you concealed... like my weapon. ;)

So basically, you are scared of people with guns. Ok... I can accept that. I have a much better understanding of your veiw point now.

Its not being scared of guns. I don't have a fear of a weapon. I do think that it's a sad fact of life and that disputes should be done the old fashioned way of hand to hand fights. I've just always thought int inappropriate to bring a gun into a place of business. A business isn't out on the streets. Nobodies gonna run up into a business and steal your lunch money. So what's the point of carrying a gun in a business? There isn't one. Especially a bank bro. I personally don't trust anybody and when it comes to someone around me with a gun who knows what kind of a nut job they are. Just a couple weeks a guy about 2 blocks away decided to start firing his gun at a kid riding a 4 wheeler. Although this is an extreme situation it shows you not to fuck with people that have weapons available to them. You take this how you want to.

-First off, who cares what the teller at the bank thinks. Secondly the tellers at my bank see a clean cut dude who is very polite and outgoing which presents a positive image on the carrying community. Thirdly do you really think a bank robber walks in the bank with pistol neatly holstered and in open sight, walks up with ID in hand, smiles and asks to make a deposit?

-police officers including DPS are hella cool with me when they see me walkin around with my son, chillin at McDonalds Playplace or even when i get pulled over, first thing out of my mouth is "officer id like to inform you that i have a loaded firearm in the vehicle with me." after that things go smooth gotten plenty warnings but very few tickets since i started keeping the gun with me at all times. Shit, last time i got pulled over he just looked where it was tucked for quick access wedged against the center console then proceeded to bs about stupid drunk drivers for a few minutes, turned his back to me a few times during our conversation then shook my hand and wished me good evening.

Case in point is you can have your opinion all day but you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
Another thing. As a USMC Combat Vet ive yet to be called a pussy but hey, like i said, go ahead and base your opinion off of whatever irrational fears you possess. Your username indicates you are a pothead which in MY opinion makes you a fucking retard but hey, only 90% of potheads i know fail at life so youre probably a standup guy

lets get this straight fuck what other people think just as long as you can carry your gun. lets look first bankers are supposed to watch for suspicious activity, People casing a building, people coming in with jackets sun glasses. This also includes looking for people with guns that could be a potential threat or could potentially rob the bank. I will tell you I know many different people in banking and I haven't met one yet who thinks it's fine that you bring your gun into a bank.During the course of this post I texted 6 of them and every single one says their uncomfortable with people bringing guns into a bank. Of course your bank will never tell you that because they want your money and your a "valued customer", but I assure you that despite what you may think not everyone is cool with what you do. For the record too theres 60 year old men who walk into banks and rob it so if anything that proves that no matter what you look like everyone is potentially a threat. Your actually more of a threat walking into a bank with a weapon. What if your lunatic and decide to get pissed of the 5 dollar fee for cashing your check. You have no concept of how other people are and how people are when it comes to "their money". People go off the wall for stupid shit and to have a gun present there could end in someone doing something stupid. Furthermore you should realize since you claim to be a responsible gun owner that it only takes one person to fuck it up for you?

On to your DPS blah blah don't really care. Great the law says you can carry a gun and you've had no problems thus far.

To join the USMC great I really appreciate that you defended our country in one way or another and it's respectable. However just like every other military person who comes out your appreciated now it's time to get back to real life where your a regular joe shmoe just like everyone else.Go become a cop if you need to because that's what a lot of military usually end up doing and hey you get brownie points ahead of others so it's a sure bet. I never understood with military people wanting respect and honor and demanding it because they went across seas. Should I bow down because you joined the military? Billy bob back in high school joined the military with his 2.0 gpa too? Guess I gotta go back home and congratulate him too. Finally for the record i've smoked pot a whole 3 times in my entire life. I drink ocasionally on the weekends and have never tried extacy,speed,shrooms,heroin,crack,cocaine,crack cocaine, meth or any other stupid drug that you can think of. It's just a username bro why take it so serious?

since when is it not ok? I see people do it all the time.

Please read above sir. Thanks

crx3
04-16-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't think Arizona is the state for you Bro. Maybe California or New York would be a better fit. You know I can't remember the last time I had a flat tire, therefor I don't need a spare. Probably don't need seat belts or air bags, because I haven't been in an accident in 15 years. BTW I don't think a gun is needed to rob banks, just a pen and paper. Do you trip on people with pocketknives, because lots of people get stabbed by random nuts. As far as your comments about the military, you don't know what your are talking about and you are way out of line. You wouldn't make it through reception, let alone boot camp or basic combat training. I don't know what's German engineered, but it certainly isn't your civic pal.

....This just in: The Governor just signed the bill into law eliminating the CCW permit in AZ. Better pack your bags before all the shootouts start. Either that or man up, take responsibility for your safety and the safety of your family, and get a pair. Lacking that, you could just realize that the Genie has been out of the bottle for a long time, and there is no putting it back. Even if we were in a pre-technology age, there would still be some punk cave-man with a rock looking to take what's your's and do you harm.

MrRline2010
04-16-2010, 06:38 PM
AhI don't Arizona this is the state for you Bro. Maybe California or New York would be a better fit. You know I can't remember the last time I had a flat tire, therefor I don't need a spare. Probably don't need seat belts or air bags, because I haven't been in an accident in 15 years. BTW I don't think a gun is needed to rob banks, just a pen and paper. Do you trip on people with pocketknives, because lots of people get stabbed by random nuts. As far as your comments about the military, you don't know what your are talking about and you are way out of line. You wouldn't make it through reception, let alone boot camp or basic combat training. I don't know what's German engineered, but it certainly isn't your civic pal.

....This just in: The Governor just signed the bill into law eliminating the CCW permit in AZ. Better pack your bags before all the shootouts start. Either that or man up, take responsibility for your safety and the safety of your family, and get a pair. Lacking that, you could just realize that the Genie has been out of the bottle for a long time, and there is no putting it back. Even if we were in a pre-technology age, there would still be some punk cave-man with a rock looking to take what's your's and do you harm.

Hahahfucking fruitcake here telling me I need to own a gun to have balls oh manthats so fucking awesome. Far as the military goes I'm not out of line they deserve their va medical care pension if they career in military and everything else. Just throwing it up like your a better person because you served your country give me a break.I guess your city mayor governer need the same treatment for bravely leading america year after year.

gunsup0331
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
^^only thing im going to comment on is the "wanting respect" thing. I do truly appreciate ppl who thank me for my service but the only reason i brought it up in the above post was to offset the idea that i may or may not be a "pussy". Ive proven myself enough without having to be macho about shit.
You seem mentally capable enough but unfortunately our opinions differ, maybe based off differing backgrounds and life experience and certain bias' that may come with it.
oh and one more thing: i think hand to hand fighting is fucking retarded for any reason besides self defense when no other means are available and for SPORT. Fist fighting solves no problems, especially if youre a midget or a female or disabled or lets say some guy 6'4" roid rages on you with a tire iron...Im way past pride and honor at that point ill be pulling the 9mm and praying for a .45

crx3
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Ah

Hahahfucking fruitcake here telling me I need to own a gun to have balls oh manthats so fucking awesome. Far as the military goes I'm not out of line they deserve their va medical care pension if they career in military and everything else. Just throwing it up like your a better person because you served your country give me a break.I guess your city mayor governer need the same treatment for bravely leading america year after year.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

No one gets rich in the military as it is a self-less sacrifice for the benefit of fine upstanding citizens such as yourself. Being in the military is probably the exact polar opposite of being a politician especially a city mayor. Politicians tend to be in the game for their own benefit and the rewards of public office and power.

Nowhere did I say that you need to own a gun, in fact you are probably the last person who at this point is mature or responsible enough for gun ownership. My point is that the State of Arizona has historically been a pro-gun state and is now one of only three states that allow open and concealed carry without a permit. You must be in the minority, otherwise your elected officials would not have passed this law as quickly and as easily as they did. Maybe you would be more comfortable in LA or DC or NYC, where only the criminals have guns, and you can pray that the police will save you from harm. Complaining about guns in AZ is like complaining about the heat in AZ, pointless as it will never change.

I have nothing against you "Cronic", even though you insist on calling me names, we just have very different opinions. I wish I could take you shooting sometime and educate you so that you wouldn't be so afraid. The fact is that weapons and firearms are here to stay, like it or not. Having an irrational fear of weapons or people who bear weapons will not make you any safer, or you life any easier.

Having the advantage of age and the opportunity to travel abroad both as a soldier and as a civilian contractor has allowed me to formulate my opinion based on experience not on emotion. You have no idea how lucky we are that we are legally allowed to bear arms. Very few places allow their citizens the right to protect themselves from both thieves and tyrants. It's unfortunate that you don't appreciate this right.

gunsup0331
04-16-2010, 10:08 PM
damn. well said sir

accordmuff
04-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Sum burros gotta a killer deal on bottomless nachos
i could go for like a whole mess of nachos

Semper Fi do or die

Fix.it.again.Tony
04-17-2010, 04:04 PM
You are definitely right on the not joining the Military to get rich part lol. My pay sucked.

BUT

I disagree that our jobs were so much different than politicians. The military is so full of bullshit politics it made my head spin. Half the reason why I decided to finish 5 years instead of 20 lol.