PDA

View Full Version : Mounts

EM2junior
04-13-2010, 06:06 AM
SO I TOOK ME EM2 COUPEY FOR AN OIL CHANGE LAST MONTH & HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I NEED A NEW TRANSMISSION MOTOR MOUNT BECAUSE IT'S WORN OUT BUT IM THINKING ABOUT JUST CHANGING ALL OF THEM...

i NEED TO WHAT IS THE BEST BRAND TO BUY??

&ND DO ANYBODY KNOW SOMEBODY WHO IS SELLING SOME SI FLAKES CIVIC OR LS MESH TEGY WHEELS??

bb4arson
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
all of them !

FranktheTank
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
if your gonna get all new mounts i would suggest some avid racing, or some hasport ones. not saying those are the only two brands, but their quality and not to expensive (the avid ones at least)

Jdm as whatt?
04-13-2010, 09:39 PM
if your gonna get all new mounts i would suggest some avid racing, or some hasport ones. not saying those are the only two brands, but their quality and not to expensive (the avid ones at least)

x2 on the hasport mounts. iv always heard good things about them bad boys

MrRline2010
04-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Make sure you check it. There's a lot of shady shit with dealerships telling you the mount is torn or done for and i've called techs out on it only to find out that they were lieing. Check them out yourself the trans mount should be fairly easy to see.

em2trackstar
04-14-2010, 03:39 PM
i have password jdms full race mounts and i love them. just a suggestion

BlueTeg
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I would go with the Hasport mount(s) if I were you. They're local. They've been around forever. Lifetime warranty, etc. Get the street rubber insert and call it a day.

EM2junior
04-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Make sure you check it. There's a lot of shady shit with dealerships telling you the mount is torn or done for and i've called techs out on it only to find out that they were lieing. Check them out yourself the trans mount should be fairly easy to see.

Yeah that's what i was thinking too. So sounds like hasport mounts are the best bet.
Thanx everyone

civicarlos
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
does the transmission mount leaks? cause my mechanic told me that its leaking and i need to replace it

hotwheelcivic
10-21-2010, 03:08 PM
does the transmission mount leaks? cause my mechanic told me that its leaking and i need to replace it

I don't think the transmission mounts have fluid in them... I changed all of mine and I didn't see any of them that had fluid in them. Maybe you need to get a new mechanic... But I'm not a expert on mounts.

MrRline2010
10-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't think the transmission mounts have fluid in them... I changed all of mine and I didn't see any of them that had fluid in them. Maybe you need to get a new mechanic... But I'm not a expert on mounts.

supposedly there are two fluid filled mounts I believe one in the rear and one on the driver side or so I was always told. As far as the trans mount I can vouch 100% for sure there's not fluid in that mount.

hotwheelcivic
10-21-2010, 03:18 PM
supposedly there are two fluid filled mounts I believe one in the rear and one on the driver side or so I was always told. As far as the trans mount I can vouch 100% for sure there's not fluid in that mount.

Maybe the one on the driver side that sits close to the timing belt, but I don't think the one in the back has fluid in it. I remember it being just like the one in the front down by the headers. If my memory is right.

luis8585
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
auto zone best option Limited Lifetimeand (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/termsandconditions/termsAndConditionsHome.jsp?leftNavPage=warranties&pageCategory=warranties)

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/2002-Honda-Civic-LX/Motor-Mount/_/N-jhhh1Z8ii2i?filterByKeyWord=Motor+Mount&fromString=search

(http://www.autozone.com/autozone/termsandconditions/termsAndConditionsHome.jsp?leftNavPage=warranties&pageCategory=warranties)

andyroy
10-22-2010, 06:57 AM
i think hasport mount is best for you according to my knowledge. you can go for that and really good for you, i suggest to you that one best.

luis8585
10-22-2010, 07:36 AM
hasport mount for civic 01 05 ?????????????????????????