PDA

View Full Version : i wanna s2k

Method520
04-14-2010, 04:45 PM
ok, so today i was cruising down grant with the windows down bumpin some slightly stoopid cause lets just put it this way, im having a good day.. anyways, it just hit me, i most definitely want an ap1, and im willing to save some more bank to get one. its not just a stupid mood im in where i can picture myself cruisin with the top down, cause iv been considering getting one for a while now, that or the 00' si.

what do you think? in what way do the prices vary as opposed to the sedans? are there different problems i gotta look out for when shopping on craigslist? and what i mean is like, when im shopping for sedans/coupes and what not, like 50% of the hondas are swapped and potentially have motor problems the sellers arent willing to point out, im real interested, gimme the scoop :)

JspecSi
04-14-2010, 08:29 PM
pick mine up lol. these car's are badass if you don't have a family or if you have another dd car for the fam.

Crisgo
04-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah. Owning a AP1 is pretty damn sweet. I thought about one for a little bit then jumped on buying one. I got the one I wanted but not sure if I will be keeping it. Might go on the market soon if you aer interested. I am in Tucson. But my best advice about getting one would be to get a 02-03 AP1 if the 2.0 is what you wanna have. Get as much info and do the old carfax as well. If you have a seller with not much info, or selling for a friend then the throws up some flags. I got mine from the original owner who cared well for it. I wish you that luck!

Method520
04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
word man thanks

4thgen
04-15-2010, 10:21 AM
AP1 is a good choice. Just be prepared to spend some cash on tires. The 02-03 will be your best option due to the rear glass and a few other updates over the earlier models.I absoluetly love my S and will soon be making it just my weekend/roadtrip vehicle.

Jstarda9
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I've had my s2000 for 6 years and I love it so much. It makes me happy knowing at anytime I can drive it with the top down and get in a good mood. No serious problem that I can think of. 02 and 03 is the way to go for an AP1..Glass and better interior and more HP..You will not regret owning an s2000..Plus no other stock Honda can compare on the handling.

trujdm
04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
I've had my s2000 for 6 years and I love it so much. It makes me happy knowing at anytime I can drive it with the top down and get in a good mood. No serious problem that I can think of. 02 and 03 is the way to go for an AP1..Glass and better interior and more HP..You will not regret owning an s2000..Plus no other stock Honda can compare on the handling.

I have been helping my buddy build his 01 AP1 the past 2 years and I love driving it when he gives me the chance. I have put a lot of money into the suspension of my CRX to get better handling and it doesn't even compare to the response and feel of the factory S2000 setup. I realize it's a completely different platform and all but it makes me feel let down driving my rex compared to his S2K. If I had the money to spend, I would absolutely pick up an S2000, but like the other guys said, go for an 02-03 for sure. The little differences like the tweeter pods and glass rear window, etc. make my buddy wish he had bought an 02-03. Unless you need a back seat and a bigger trunk like the Si has, go for an S2K. Just my .02 (damn now you made me want one even more)

Nate_AP1
04-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Fortunately you can find some really good used examples of these cars. Even though AP1's are getting old (mines 10 years old!) - many people had them as weekend cars and took very good care of them.

The price has come down a LOT and some have fallen into hands that may have neglected them, so just be careful like you would buying anything else.

All things equal, buy the newest car with the lowest miles you can afford.

Dont drive one....or you'll be hooked :devil1:

JDM Jon
04-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm also kinda interested for buying one in the future.
I think it would be fun as hell and it has tons of style.
But doesn't insurance own? Isn't the s2k one of the higher priced cars to insure, up with the evo and wrx?
I was wanting to buy one when I turn 21 and I have a clean record... hmmm

theSYNDICATE
04-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Look for an '04, first year with the 2.2L motor and oldest AP2 available, thus the cheapest. I got a ridiculous deal on mine when I had it, just keep your eye out and be ready to buy when you find a good deal.

Method520
04-18-2010, 10:29 PM
thanks for all the input guys, im probably going to be scoping craigslist and azht fosale thread periodically, but its gunna be some time till i can afford a sporty car like this :D

JDM Jon
04-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Good for you man, good for you. :thumbup:

GunnRulF
04-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Look for an '04, first year with the 2.2L motor and oldest AP2 available, thus the cheapest. I got a ridiculous deal on mine when I had it, just keep your eye out and be ready to buy when you find a good deal.

Love my ap2.. I have an 04 as well. It is definetly an amazing car in stock form, some sticky tires is all you really need and your good to hit the canyon's top down poppin tec! LOL

If your really interested in a s2k hop on s2ki and do some reading alot of threads on the comparison between the ap1 and ap2.

Good luck with your purchase hope to see you at some meets soon!

Here is the Arizona section where we set up meets and tech day's (pretty much the lounge on here)

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=32

And this is a really good link to read as well.. Click the link its easier to read on s2ki

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=775801

The first thing to do when shopping for any car is to use sites like these:
S2ki.com Classifieds
www.edmunds.com
www.kbb.com
www.autotrader.com
www.craigslist.org
www.hankshelper.com
to determine what you think cars in your price range with different year, miles and condition are worth. Once you know what you should expect to pay for a given S2000, use this FAQ to determine if there are any problems that might affect the value of or make you rule out a car you are looking at.

For example, a new soft top is ~$1000. If you’re looking at a car with a bad soft top, deduct $1000 from the price you’d expect to pay for that car. The same goes for a car that needs tires, a new bumper, or whatever else is important to you. Once you've inspected a few cars and have their expected price adjusted for condition and problems, it's easy to figure which cars are good buys.

Summary of common S2000 problems that could significantly affect the value of a car:
(A more complete list of common S2000 problems is located here.)

2000-2001
Clutch buzz
2000-2003
Oil banjo bolts were revised
Cracked retainers after mechanical over rev
Spark plug torque issues
Axle nut torque issues
2004-2009
Pops out of 2nd, 4th, or 6th gear
(06+) Dash has bubbles, blisters or wrinkles.
All Years
Wheel bearings can go bad and are pricey.
Shifting problems. Don't skip shift
Oil consumption. This is difficult to evaluate prior to buying but potential owners should read up on it.
Stolen seats
Soft top tears and holes
Using incorrect jack points
Questions to ask a private seller over the phone:

(A used car dealer would not know the answers to most of these questions, you’re on your own there. If you are buying an out of warranty car from a dealer -don't- take their word for anything mechanical on the car. It's the buyer's responsibility to make sure they know what they are buying, not the dealer's.)
Get VIN number and run Autocheck or Carfax. Don’t ask for these on S2ki.com.
How many miles are on the car?
How many miles were on the car when you bought it?
How long have you owned the car?
Why are you selling?
Where did you buy it?
What maintenance records do you have?
What recent work has been done to the car?
What work does the car need as it sits?
Has the car been in any minor or major accidents?
When was the last time the oil was changed?
How often is the oil changed?
How often does the oil need to be topped up?
Has it ever been run low on oil?
Casually ask them how long the tires last. That can give you an indication of how it has been driven.
Has the car ever been raced?
Has it ever been overreved due to a mis-shift? This can lead to cracked retainers on AP1s.
Where was the car stored? A garage is ideal.
Things to check before leaving for a test drive:
Bring something to take notes on and write down any pluses or minuses for each car you look at. After you see a few it can be hard to keep them straight without notes.
Ask the owner to not start the car before you arrive to see it. Some problems will only be evident when the car is cold. If you know how to not burn yourself, hold your hand next to the engine or header to verify the engine is cold when you arrive.
Try to get a look at their garage. The condition of their garage can (but not always) indicate how well the owner takes care of their car.
Check for any leaks where the car is parked. Keep in mind there could be funk on the ground unrelated to the car. I prefer to see where the car is normally stored.
Check the oil for level and color. Dark oil is not ideal but can mean it just needs to be changed. Oil below the low mark is very bad. Oil that is cloudy or milkshake colored can indicate a blown head gasket or cracked head and that you should pass on that car.
Check the coolant for level and color (Don’t open the radiator cap on a hot engine!) Coolant that is low is not ideal, but may not be a big deal. Coolant that looks like a milkshake can indicate a blown head gasket and that you should pass on that car.
Look under the oil cap and into the valve cover. Ideally it should look like the oil on the dipstick. Sludge or a milky color can indicate lack of maintenance.
Check the brake and clutch fluid color and level. These can get dirty fast so dark isn’t always a problem. If they are low that could indicate brake or clutch trouble and bills in the $100-300 range at an independent mechanic. Much less if you can DIY.
Look at the battery terminals. If they are corroded that indicates lack of maintenance by the owner. A battery is cheap and easy to replace, but this sort of thing can help you determine if the car has been well cared for or not.
Take a quick look at the tires, especially the rears. Bald rear tires have caused many S2000 crashes, and uneven wear on the tires can indicate anything from bad alignment to parts that need replacing or an accident.
During the initial test drive:
Drive on the highway and around town like you normally would. Shift up and down through each gear. Take the car to redline without abusing it or breaking the law. Try braking from different speeds. Let car decelerate in gear from several gears at different speeds. Pull into a parking space. Use reverse. Try to make it show you any faults.
Does the car start and idle normally when cold?
Does the car start and idle normally when hot?
Do any idiot lights flash or stay on during the drive? Oil, CEL, ABS and EPS lights should warn you of potentially expensive repairs. A flashing oil pressure light (not the AP2 oil quality indicator) is very bad, I would probably walk away from that. The others could cost upwards of $1k or more to repair. Adjust the price accordingly if you're buying a car with these lights on.
Does it shift smoothly through all gears including reverse? There are many causes of S2000 shifting problems ranging from very inexpensive to very expensive.
Is there obvious blue smoke or –lots- of white smoke coming from the tailpipe? Both are probably deal breakers. A small amount of white smoke is normal.
Find an empty road, get up to about 30 in third gear and floor the accelerator. If you can see the engine RPMs climb independent of the car accelerating, the clutch likely needs to be replaced.
On the same empty road, brake from highway speeds with a light grip on the wheel. Does the car pull to one side? If it’s not caused by the crown of the road that could be things like tire pressures, alignment or bad brake calipers.
Is the steering wheel straight when you’re going straight down the road? This is a pet peeve of mine and can be caused by a variety of problems, some inexpensive, some expensive.
Does the cruise work?
Does the emergency brake work?
If it’s an AP1 is there clutch buzz?
Find an empty parking lot and do slow figure eights both forward and reverse. Listen for any strange noises. In a FWD car you can check CV joints this way.
Now park the car and inspect the following:
Now that the car is warm, is the engine making any unusual sounds?
(AP1 only) With the engine off, check the engine serial number for the banjo bolt upgrade. All engines after #1025386 in '02 and all '03 should have the new bolts.
Is the engine serial number is within 10-15 digits of the car’s VIN. If it isn’t, the engine might not be original.
Pull the air filter out, is it clean or dirty?
Is the wear on the steering wheel, pedals, shifter, carpet, seats, etc consistent with the miles on the odometer? This is a good way to confirm that the odometer hasn't been tampered with and can give you an idea of how the owner takes care of the car.
Do all the keys work all the locks and start the car? Do the key fobs work?
Does the top go up and down smoothly?
Are there any holes or excessive wear marks on the soft top? Look inside and outside.
Are the seats worn excessively? These are expensive to replace.
Do all the seat controls and compartment doors work smoothly?
Does the radio work? Stock AP1 radios are garbage.
Look under the dashboard on both sides for non-stock wiring that could indicate modifications. This may or may not be a big deal, but it’s worth being aware of and asking the owner about.
Is there water in trunk or under the trunk tools? Put your hand on the interior carpet near the footwells. Is there any evidence of wetness or water intrusion?
Now take a look under the car
Are there any signs of leaking from the engine, transmission or differential?
Any signs of rust in the wheel wells or underbody?
Any damage from bottoming out, accidents, improper jacking, etc?
Torn axle boot, tie rod boots, or ball joints. If a boot is not dry that part probably needs replacing
Exhaust leaks or damage. Leaks can usually be identified by black soot where two exhaust parts join.
Look at the brake rotors. If they are scored with deep grooves the brakes likely need replacing. If you are confident the brakes are cool, you can run your finger over the edge of the rotor to feel how worn they are.
Run your hand along each tire’s tread at both the inside and outside of the tire. Tires can look fine on the outside tread and be worn bald on the inside. Worn more or less in the middle usually means incorrect tire pressure. If the tread feels “choppy” and not smooth there is likely an alignment or suspension problem. This could be anywhere from a $100-1000+ repair, not including the cost of tires.
With the steering wheel unlocked, grab each wheel or tire at 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock and shake or push-pull it as hard as you can in and out. If you feel clunks that can point to things like bad tire rod ends or wheel bearings. Do the same at 12 and 6. If there are clunks or strange noises, expect a $100-300 bill at each corner, more if it's wheel bearings.
Check for signs of body work or accidents
Verify that all the VIN stickers are in place and match the car’s VIN.
Look at the S2000 logos on the fenders. Are they lined up properly?
Open the hood and look at the bolts holding on the front fenders. Often there will be paint worn off of these if the fenders were removed.
Same with the door and trunk hinges.
Look at the radiator support. Does the paint look strange or is there evidence of replaced parts? Poor repair work from a front end collision can be visible there.
Look for overspray onto any black panels near a painted body panel. Fender liners and door/windshield trims are good places to look for overspray.
Check door and panel edges for paint lines.
Check the sides of doors or door jambs for bodyshop stickers.
Check that body panel gaps are even. This includes the bumpers.
Look at adjacent panels from different angles and in different light. Poor paint work can show up as inconsistent color or texture between panels.
Check the glass for Honda logos. Glass could be replaced due to minor things like rock chips or it could be a result of theft damage or an accident.
If you're getting a professional pre-purchase inspection:
-Don't- let the selling dealer or private seller arrange the inspection. Take it to an independent shop. Your local S2000 community can help you choose a shop
If possible, get an Engine Compression test done and pay particular attention to the #4 cylinder. Low compression on the #4 cylinder is a sign of oil starvation from hard driving (i.e. AutoX, HPDE Track Days)
(AP1 only) have the mechanic pull the valve cover and inspect for recessed keepers which are caused by cracked retainers.
These are items that came with new S2000s. Be sure to ask the owner if they are included:
Original window sticker
Convertible top cover
Owner's manual
Warranty information
2 Master keys
2 Remotes
1 Valet key
Radio anti theft card(s)
Key number card
Tow hook and jack tools
Spare tire
Wheel lock keys (if there are wheel locks)
Seat lock keys (If there are seat locks)

Method520
04-22-2010, 01:00 PM
cool^^ thanks, i will probably be going wtih an ap1 unless i can find an ap2 for around 11-12k cause thats my price range. AAnd, by the time i can afford it which will be late fall. im going to be living in houston texas and going to school there. but no fear, i will be visiting tucson a bunch, and it wont really change how much time i spend on the forum already. yez yez, i will be reppin tucson in texas, from what iv researched, they dont have much going on honda-wise, really most of the honda guys are like show-car builders (body kits and paint designs and such), i haven't seen much of the oem scene out there, and yes thats having gone to 1 meet in houston already.

imm0rtal
04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
There is a pretty nice oem scene in Houston/San Antonio/El Paso/Dallas. I know quite a few del sol owners out there with sick rides, and quite a few EG owners haha

I'm also looking to get an S2K as a daily once I am in a position to pay a car payment. Is it easy to get financing on a used car such as this? I'm coming up on the age where insurance companies lower their rates, so I can't think of a better way to celebrate lol

Jstarda9
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
There is a pretty nice oem scene in Houston/San Antonio/El Paso/Dallas. I know quite a few del sol owners out there with sick rides, and quite a few EG owners haha

I'm also looking to get an S2K as a daily once I am in a position to pay a car payment. Is it easy to get financing on a used car such as this? I'm coming up on the age where insurance companies lower their rates, so I can't think of a better way to celebrate lol

Do it man. You can find some out there for $10k

marky
04-30-2010, 12:04 PM
get the s2k! if only i had the cash i would soo get one! its like my dream car!

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
04-30-2010, 06:09 PM
If I find a real job ill pick one up. And I agree ap1 all the way. The only thing that sucks is its hard to find a white one.

Method520
04-30-2010, 06:35 PM
^^ yeah, im diggin the ap1. if i buy one, im gunna probably keep it all stock but go with the gun metal paint job and cf hood/trunk. but if i dont go with the ap1, its all about turbo em1 project

azsol
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I've had my AP2 for almost a year now, and have never regretted it. Yeah, trunk space has been my only issue. But that's what my wife's civic is for. Good luck in your hunt!

Nate_AP1
05-03-2010, 11:50 PM
If I find a real job ill pick one up. And I agree ap1 all the way. The only thing that sucks is its hard to find a white one.

Racist;)

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
05-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Racist;)

So. Jk. I do have a black car too. Mmm Oreo's.

imm0rtal
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I've had my AP2 for almost a year now, and have never regretted it. Yeah, trunk space has been my only issue. But that's what my wife's civic is for. Good luck in your hunt!glad to hear the trunk space is your only issue. I'm not too worried about that since I own a del sol. Hopefully an S2K is my first car post-college :)

Method520
05-05-2010, 02:51 PM
meh i could give a fuck less about trunk space. im 17, dont have a baby-momma.. let alone a baby, and all i even hauled around in the ek was a jack stand and beer from time to time.

it just gets me thinking even more, chicks digg those sporty roadsters, and im not talking about the girly miatas, but im sure ill be alright rollin around in a slammed secksy looking s2k with a nice exhaust and some carbon fiber or something.

and in reference to immortal, this would be my "college entry" car, which is a pretty good time to have a nice little s2k if i can afford it. and gl with the hunt for your post college whip, im hoping if i get one i can keep it for that long

Chubby Ninja
05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
The s2k is a fun car. It is a great platform to build upon. You also might want to think about getting a garage when you get one. They tend to get broken into alot and get seats,gauges, steering wheel, etc. stolen out of em.
Good luck in you hunt!

jsk314
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
cool^^ thanks, i will probably be going wtih an ap1 unless i can find an ap2 for around 11-12k cause thats my price range. AAnd, by the time i can afford it which will be late fall. im going to be living in houston texas and going to school there. but no fear, i will be visiting tucson a bunch, and it wont really change how much time i spend on the forum already. yez yez, i will be reppin tucson in texas, from what iv researched, they dont have much going on honda-wise, really most of the honda guys are like show-car builders (body kits and paint designs and such), i haven't seen much of the oem scene out there, and yes thats having gone to 1 meet in houston already.

^^^yea well i figured id let you know that your actually gonna like it there, i would actually lean towards texas having better hondas than here, only difference is there its bigger cities with more mexican and niggers and white ppl wanting to be mexican and niggers(i am mexican and white so dont start al that racial shit)so you see some of the fastn furious shit, but overall as far as hp numbers and nice setups texas has us beat.

^^^this guy speaks the truth

Method520
05-11-2010, 05:51 PM
good to know. but iv been looking all over for a strictly houston forum.. for fuck sake its the 4th largest city in america. i have managed to make acquaintances with 1 person from civicforums who lives in houston, thats about it.

and immortal since when do you know where its at in texas?

JDM Jon
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
We should turn this into an s2k picture+info thread.
I can never resist a sexy picture of an s2k ;)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/JonDoe15/3265156171_26e8b84c1d_o.jpg

nugey1001
05-12-2010, 11:23 PM
^^ i agree :clap:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee203/jeez__bucket/nortwestflushness-0044.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/ngenuity/cars/Fusion/DSC_0181.jpg

B16-Integra
05-13-2010, 12:09 AM
This thread has been on top of this category forever haha! Just go buy one already!

Method520
05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
moar pics!

so tell me, how is the lifestyle with the ap1s/ap2s? is it really a problem with thieves cutting into convertable roofs and breaking into s2ks often? or does that only rarely happen? are the transmissions ok? i know all the fuckin dseries trannys suck asss when im trying to get into reverse, what not.

nelsmar
05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Trannies are usually fine, rear ends hate life if your doing mad tyte burnouts :). Lifestyle? uh fun! haha. And the theft, i waited until i got a garage, and i will not park anywhere more than 3 hours other than my garage. Theft occurs frequently, if you check out s2ki you see threads all the time from people who don't have a garage.

Oh and some years do have some minor issues with a few gears, however depending on how old it is, it might still be covered by the warrantee and honda will rebuild it for free. Later year AP2's i think... 3rd and 4th or .. heck i dont remember sometimes pop out and they are rebuilding everyone's that has the issue. But its only a small % of people. No issues here

DC2AP1
05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
moar pics!

so tell me, how is the lifestyle with the ap1s/ap2s? is it really a problem with thieves cutting into convertable roofs and breaking into s2ks often? or does that only rarely happen? are the transmissions ok? i know all the fuckin dseries trannys suck asss when im trying to get into reverse, what not.

It happens all the time and some people even get hit more than once. I would not get a S2000 unless you have a garage.

Method520
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
well im actually moving in with my parents in a sort of rich community in houston for 2 years anyways. but when i come back, i know thefts a big issue at the UofA campus..

imm0rtal
05-21-2010, 02:18 PM
well im actually moving in with my parents in a sort of rich community in houston for 2 years anyways. but when i come back, i know thefts a big issue at the UofA campus..it's not THAT bad, it's more break-ins than outright thefts. They are usually bums going after shit they can sell at the pawn shop to get their next score. I'm lucky, I'm looking at my car out the window right now on campus :thumbsup:

JDM Jon
05-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Dude hardtop ftw...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/JonDoe15/7-20-08-333.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/JonDoe15/clean1ee6.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/JonDoe15/3930823592_33247b4753_o.jpg

God I love white s2ks.

JDM Jon
05-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Hardtops go for over a grand easily though right?

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
^^ goy to love that white. their is a clean white one with red mirrors and wheels and it looks bad ass

Nate_AP1
05-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Hardtops go for over a grand easily though right?

Yea...

some of the Mugen replicas can be had for 1100-1500ish but you still need paint and hardware.

I'll bet unless you found a crackhead deal, or one that fit terrible, you arent getting a HT for under 2 G's.

I've seen SOME oem tops go for 2k... usually 2200-2500

ICD
05-22-2010, 11:51 PM
what full coverage and liabilty on a s2k

imm0rtal
06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
what full coverage and liabilty on a s2kI just called last week and was quoted $139 a month through Geico on my mom's policy. That is for full coverage, no bullshit. I flip them the keys and a police report and it is done for lol

So I have been working on getting my own S2. Been wanting an 02-04 but what are the real downsides of a 2000? Found a decent deal on a lightly modded one, but don't want to be disappointed if the 2000 year is so much less than the others, you know?

GunnRulF
06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
^ refer to my last post on the 1st page.

IntensePower
06-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Love my s2k, well loved it when I drove it. Have a family and kids now and she doesnt get much driving anymore.

She's a 2000 with 45,000 miles on her.

She is for sale as well , gonna buy a V8 SUV... go figure huh?

bryan720
06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
^ what color?

IntensePower
06-30-2010, 07:36 AM
^ what color?

Silverstone

*inFamous*
06-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Get an NSX, cheaper insurance (84 a month full coverage towing all that BS) lol

PETE not the soundmobileeee!

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
06-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Get an NSX, cheaper insurance (84 a month full coverage towing all that BS) lol

PETE not the soundmobileeee!

i hate you. :mad: you really only pay 84 for your nsx. thats pimp

GunnRulF
07-10-2010, 09:57 AM
2000 Honda S2000 235 MILES! Yes Two-Hundred & Thirty-Five Miles!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-S2000-Brand-New-235-mls-86th-car-built-must-see-2-believe-/250661214290?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a5c929852

JDM Jon
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
What a legit find^

B16-Integra
07-17-2010, 05:31 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and give you the simplest answer to this thread title.

Just go buy one already. Jesus.

S2Kid
08-17-2010, 12:49 AM
To anyone that wants one, all you have to do it want it enough. Save your money, and treat yourself in a year or two when you can afford it. When the time comes, you wont regret it. 10k isn't a huge reach if you can control spending!

The s2k is a fun car. It is a great platform to build upon. You also might want to think about getting a garage when you get one. They tend to get broken into alot and get seats,gauges, steering wheel, etc. stolen out of em.
Good luck in you hunt!

Dont let any cars follow you home! I find myself skipping my neighborhood when cars are following me. I'm paranoid

.:lama:This smilie is fuckin awesome.

RPG2ach
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Tell me, how does it feel to "want"? haha just messing. Seriously just save up, and search, search, SEARCH. Get as crazy as to check the surrounding states for the perfect one in your price range and value to YOU. Cali has some good ones on sale I am sure, so check around and shop smart not fast :D

sworth9411
08-27-2010, 12:54 PM
This Thread is so not fair....I want an s2k so bad but my lifestyle demands something more practical as a daily driver......get one they are awesome, and one of the best drivers on the market

MeanMachine22
09-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah. Owning a AP1 is pretty damn sweet. I thought about one for a little bit then jumped on buying one. I got the one I wanted but not sure if I will be keeping it. Might go on the market soon if you aer interested. I am in Tucson. But my best advice about getting one would be to get a 02-03 AP1 if the 2.0 is what you wanna have. Get as much info and do the old carfax as well. If you have a seller with not much info, or selling for a friend then the throws up some flags. I got mine from the original owner who cared well for it. I wish you that luck!

how much do u want for ur s2k

MeanMachine22
09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Dude hardtop ftw...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/JonDoe15/7-20-08-333.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/JonDoe15/clean1ee6.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/JonDoe15/3930823592_33247b4753_o.jpg

God I love white s2ks.

on the second picture what year is that car?
is it a cr or roadster?

bryantiscool
09-04-2010, 10:34 AM
2nd picture is ap2

reyes1212
10-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I want one now...

Spec C
10-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I want a CR

Rufus
10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm putting my GS back to stock to get an s2k

HondaFreak
10-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Hell yeah.

JDM Jon
10-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm putting my GS back to stock to get an s2k

*Like*

stigrant
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
so i took my moms ap2 up mt lemmon on wednesday... MY GOD, that is one of the most fun drives i have ever done. I never realized how well those cars handle. And hers is 100% stock. Now i want one. just felt a little underpowered to me. but with some bolt ons or forced induction this is the ultimate fun machine

Rufus
11-23-2010, 10:02 AM
so i took my moms ap2 up mt lemmon on wednesday... MY GOD, that is one of the most fun drives i have ever done. I never realized how well those cars handle. And hers is 100% stock. Now i want one. just felt a little underpowered to me. but with some bolt ons or forced induction this is the ultimate fun machine

I agree that they make more noise than power but they're fun for sure.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
11-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree that they make more noise than power but they're fun for sure.

Ita a honda. Lol

CodyLX450
11-28-2010, 12:40 AM
If it feels underpowered, feel free to use the RPMs past 3k on those curvy roads.

Out of all the fun, fast cars Ive driven, the S2000 is the MOST fun to drive. Of course I got too used to that on windy roads here, so I doubled the HP on mine to keep myself entertained.

JDM Jon
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
If it feels underpowered, feel free to use the RPMs past 3k on those curvy roads.

Out of all the fun, fast cars Ive driven, the S2000 is the MOST fun to drive. Of course I got too used to that on windy roads here, so I doubled the HP on mine to keep myself entertained.

Post pics or lies.

DC2AP1
11-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Post pics or lies.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs478.ash2/75165_1715903258490_1265468127_31895823_637835_n.j pg

j3t1p
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
holy crap. any pics of this beast?

integ2000ls
12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
buy mine, lol

crx1990X
06-22-2011, 01:48 PM
im thinking of getting a s2k also but i want to get the c/b model . is that a good model or is it a paice of shit????

fasts2k
06-22-2011, 02:32 PM
im thinking of getting a s2k also but i want to get the c/b model . is that a good model or is it a paice of shit????

What is the "c/b" model?

Rufus
06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
lol prolly means CR

Spec C
06-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I will sell you my CR if you are seriously looking for one, and have the $ :)

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Once i start getting payed as a manager i will be getting me an ap1.

crx1990X
06-22-2011, 04:54 PM
lol prolly means CR

spell check .. yea thats what i ment lol .. is the c/r model a good year ?

crx1990X
06-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I will sell you my CR if you are seriously looking for one, and have the $ :)

well i would but im going to jail on monday some buying a car right now wouldnt be a good idea hahaha. but thanks for the offer .:wave1:

Rufus
06-22-2011, 09:05 PM
spell check .. yea thats what i ment lol .. is the c/r model a good year ?

only if you like being a badass

fasts2k
06-23-2011, 01:29 AM
lol prolly means CR

Lol, forgot about that model. I'm getting old and find myself forgetting more and more things.:biggrin:

crx1990X
06-23-2011, 10:01 AM
only if you like being a badass

hell yea :drive:

crx1990X
06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Lol, forgot about that model. I'm getting old and find myself forgetting more and more things.:biggrin:

do u know anything about that model ?

Rufus
06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
I actually just went out to the canyons last night; top down

fasts2k
06-23-2011, 01:01 PM
do u know anything about that model ?

Depending on who you ask, it's pretty much the best model to get if you can afford it.

Read this if you really want to know:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/863727-information-thread-what-makes-a-cr-a-cr/page__p__20519388#entry20519388

crx1990X
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Depending on who you ask, it's pretty much the best model to get if you can afford it.

Read this if you really want to know:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/863727-information-thread-what-makes-a-cr-a-cr/page__p__20519388#entry20519388

thanks man that did help a shit load... but theres only one thing i dnt like . the hard top.:dumbass:

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
06-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I thought they were alot lighter than that only 51lbs diff.

Rufus
06-23-2011, 02:08 PM
thanks man that did help a shit load... but theres only one thing i dnt like . the hard top.:dumbass:

BUy it and give it to me. You won't hear me bitch about a hardtop.

Bill Cosby
06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
How often do you guys change your timing chain tensioner? Mine was about every 10k miles

Spec C
06-23-2011, 02:23 PM
hah. You will have no trouble getting rid of that.

I personally NEEDED to have a HT. I am not a fan of soft-tops on ANYTHING.

Rufus
06-23-2011, 02:34 PM
How often do you guys change your timing chain tensioner? Mine was about every 10k miles

You can sandblast the worm gear. You don't have to keep replacing it. I've never heard of them going out that frequently.

crx1990X
06-23-2011, 02:35 PM
I thought they were alot lighter than that only 51lbs diff.

thats only if u have ac/radio on it . if not then its more

Bill Cosby
06-23-2011, 03:01 PM
You can sandblast the worm gear. You don't have to keep replacing it. I've never heard of them going out that frequently.

I read up on it and they said it just delays the inevitable

fasts2k
06-23-2011, 03:12 PM

My first one lasted 215k miles, then the motor started going. The one on my "20k mile" motor lasted me less than 10k miles. Go figure.

Rufus
06-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I do need motor mounts though :(

Spec C
06-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I need more turbo..

Jstarda9
06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
I do need motor mounts though :(

How do you figure? You have checked them out or is it something your car is doing?

Rufus
06-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I have the common RPM dip when letting off the throttle and my car is vibrating more than usual when it happens.

JDM Jon
06-27-2011, 03:15 PM
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2463755746.html

This one is tempting me at the moment... Been trying to find one with a hardtop.
Just not sure if I'm going to hate only having 2 seats and need more space.

Rufus
06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
^^ he is on S2k. That's a great deal.

Spec C
06-27-2011, 04:01 PM
^^ he is on S2k. That's a great deal.
Yup. $9500 is a good price. I am half tempted to buy it..haha

JDM Jon
06-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Called him up to see if there was anything up with it and he goes " Uh yea, just one thing. My buddy dropped a jack on the right front fender so it's been replaced and not paint matched."

Why can't people say this stuff in the ad...

RDP30000
06-28-2011, 01:00 AM
I want a 2nd S2K

Spec C
06-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Called him up to see if there was anything up with it and he goes " Uh yea, just one thing. My buddy dropped a jack on the right front fender so it's been replaced and not paint matched."

Why can't people say this stuff in the ad...

he should have listed it, but that's not a huge deal, and shouldn't be more then a couple hundred dollars.

Rufus
06-28-2011, 09:47 AM
plus the CL ad is for 10.4. So he's willing to sell it for less. There is no softtop so knock 1K off the value of that hardtop and it's worth 9.5K easily. I bought mine for 8k and it needed a new top, new seats, paint, etc

trdtc480
06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
My buddies been lookin around for one. Might have to go out of state to find one

Jstarda9
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
I am almost tempted to sell mine. I want a CR

Jstarda9
06-28-2011, 11:23 AM
What do you guys think an 02 is worth? I thought my car was worth like $9,000 but looking at autotrader they are going for about $12k? My interior is 9/10 80k top is 6/10 has a tiny tear and exterior is 8/10 no dents just chipping on front bumper and paint needs a buff and wax.

Rufus
06-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Jstarda9
06-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Dude they are going for $12k here in CA. I think it's a bit too steep.

Spec C
06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I am almost tempted to sell mine. I want a CR
Wanna buy mine? haha

I want a last gen NSX, or maybe get back into another evo, or 11' wrx.

fasts2k
06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
plus the CL ad is for 10.4. So he's willing to sell it for less. There is no softtop so knock 1K off the value of that hardtop and it's worth 9.5K easily. I bought mine for 8k and it needed a new top, new seats, paint, etc

His includes the HT which, in itself, is worth $2k-2500. It's a pretty good deal.

azskateman
06-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Vegas! There are alot and cheaper

TEHSTIG
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
OEM hardtops in good shape are hard to come by these days, defiantly hold the value.

Jstarda9
06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Wanna buy mine? haha

I want a last gen NSX, or maybe get back into another evo, or 11' wrx.

What did you pay for your CR? I really want to get one.

Spec C
06-29-2011, 10:42 AM
What did you pay for your CR? I really want to get one.
I flew up to WA for it. Paid market value :)

7k miles now...freshy fresh...:)

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
07-02-2011, 02:25 PM
CR's are tits but why not just do some tasteful mods to yours Jstar.

TONS of modification options out there.

I love S2K's but its more of a fun car, thats why im getting an STi as a daily and see where to go from there, at least then i have alot of room to carry stuff and can seat 4 or 5.

I need to find an old magazine i had with a S2000 that had a 2JZGTE fully built in it with AC, Cruise, PS, 6 speed trans and would run 9's all day. They were about to swap in an auto trans and shoot for 8's with full interior and all the amenities too.

I still say its one of the best import RWD platforms EVER made (especially for tracking)

Jstarda9
07-11-2011, 02:44 PM
CR's are tits but why not just do some tasteful mods to yours Jstar.

TONS of modification options out there.

I love S2K's but its more of a fun car, thats why im getting an STi as a daily and see where to go from there, at least then i have alot of room to carry stuff and can seat 4 or 5.

I need to find an old magazine i had with a S2000 that had a 2JZGTE fully built in it with AC, Cruise, PS, 6 speed trans and would run 9's all day. They were about to swap in an auto trans and shoot for 8's with full interior and all the amenities too.

I still say its one of the best import RWD platforms EVER made (especially for tracking)

I would want to get a CR for less miles, better body style, paint and AP2

If I keep my s2000 I need a paint job,redo my wheels, new windshield, PDR, wing,front lip, side skirts so I am looking at about $6k to make it look how I want... Right now we are looking at m3's 8)

Myabe next year. I will only sell my s2000 if I buy an M3 convertible.