PDA

View Full Version : legal ride height?

ryan96 integra
04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
What is the limit on how low I can have my car?

Mr.Teal
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
What is the limit on how low I can have my car?

quick type into google could have answered that for you, que no?

b20what
04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I have asked this to DPS when they did bus inspections at my work, there is no legal ride height, just use common sence! you will get in trouble if you take 1 minute to get over a speedbump or into a parking lot

adam
04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I have asked this to DPS when they did bus inspections at my work, there is no legal ride height, just use common sence! you will get in trouble if you take 1 minute to get over a speedbump or into a parking lot

Negative... I'm sure there IS a legal ride height minimum. Either that, or the cops that were measuring cars at ramiro's one night were just dickin' around.

The God Damn Batman
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM

if its that easy, then give the anser.

I searched for you but couldnt find. As car as I know this is correct. Ill try to search more for ya OP

Mr.Teal

ive never been introuble for this said "to long going over a speed bump"?

jakellama123
who gives a shit
only a real dick cop would cite you for "being too low"

jakellama123
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
ive never been introuble for this said "to long going over a speed bump"?

x2
only reason i could see you getting pulled over is if you are swerving like a drunk to avoid potholes

theAngryMarmot
04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Here are the laws for AZ :

Lowriders may not raise/lower at more than 15 mph. Raised pick up trucks need splash
guards and headlights can’t be over 54” from road. Other body types are not restricted except for
headlights.

Truck/lifted mudflaps. The rear fender's splashguards can't be more than 8 inches from the ground and must be wide enough, of course, to actually cover the full tread of the tires. However, 1/4-ton or lighter pickups are exempt, unless you've increased the OE bumper height. So, in other words, lift it, and you're stuck following the mudflap rules. Leave your pickup stock, and you can skip the flaps. Also keep in mind that empty or loaded, your truck can't be taller than 13 feet 6 inches

I am pretty sure, that the legal headlight height range (this is how the measure) is it has to be between 24" and 54" from the ground

for comparison, my fairly slammed miata is @ 22" from the ground, so technically it is not "legal"

I also do not know if foglights can have an effect on this.

the federal goverment (DOT) also regualtes some of these factors :

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/rulings/lsv/lsv.html#lsv46

...the more you know ;)

Jstarda9
04-20-2010, 02:43 PM

Thanks Honda Tech.

Mr.Teal
04-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks Honda Tech.

Ive got more helpful tips and tricks to an easier inter webz experiance :lame:

bb4arson
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
x2
only reason i could see you getting pulled over is if you are swerving like a drunk to avoid potholes

we be sweriving. swerve out swerving :bunny2:

ryan96 integra
04-20-2010, 03:25 PM
I did that and got nothing!...

ALLBLVCK
04-21-2010, 12:19 AM
juat throw a tennisball under your car, if it doesnt make it to the other side, your screwed lol

BDEG
04-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Wrong!
Negative... I'm sure there IS a legal ride height minimum. Either that, or the cops that were measuring cars at ramiro's one night were just dickin' around.
I remember those weekends when they tried kicking everyone out and giving tickets left and right to everyone I remember the one cop would sit in his car on the speaker and read plates out talk shit about the car and give them 20 sec to get in it and move or they get towed that shit was kinda funny

who gives a shit
only a real dick cop would cite you for "being too low"
Most cops are dicks some are cool but on the weekends at 1am-7am cops normally are dicks

adam
04-21-2010, 12:49 AM
I remember those weekends when they tried kicking everyone out and giving tickets left and right to everyone I remember the one cop would sit in his car on the speaker and read plates out talk shit about the car and give them 20 sec to get in it and move or they get towed that shit was kinda funny

Those were the days. lol

justanother
04-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Wrong!

Most cops are dicks some are cool but on the weekends at 1am-7am cops normally are dicks

1am-7am lmao..that cod time... or sleep time.. of course they would be a dick..

Jdm as whatt?
04-21-2010, 01:35 AM
yeah the legal highlight is 24 inches, iv been pulled over and got written a ticket for my headlights being 22 inches off the ground. the dick pulled out a tape measure

fRoSt
04-21-2010, 03:56 AM
so it has to be 24" from ground to the light bulb or bottom of the headlight housing?

alx
04-21-2010, 05:26 AM

im sure there is a reason for this, if you had to work graveyard as a cop, you'd be a dick too. i would be :poke:

so it has to be 24" from ground to the light bulb or bottom of the headlight housing?

got to love how vague AZ law can be

ryan96 integra
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM

got to love how vague AZ law can be

I know right!

juat throw a tennisball under your car, if it doesnt make it to the other side, your screwed lol

Well then i just might be screw....

Jdm as whatt?
04-21-2010, 11:47 AM
its from the center of your headlight if i remember correctly

asianricer69
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
its from the center of your headlight if i remember correctly

man if this is true, than im super screwed

tricken
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
the best part about the headlight law is some stock cars dont make this height can we say corvette

SlowLS
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM

Im pretty sure there is no minimum here, why would your ride height have to do with public safety? if in fact there is one and you get ticketed, just adjust your suspension before you go to court, take a pic and show the judge you went tback to factory height.

Hopeless EP3
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
it has to do with headlights not the car itself I believe and its 24inch i belive off the ground