PDA

View Full Version : temp tags ?

JDM BOII
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
ok so my boy has already used up his temp tag privilages hes already had 2 (3)-day tags and 1 (30)- day tag. but i heard that if you change a letter or number you can make more i was wondering if anybody knows what exact digit and what to change it to ?

hes going to emissions saturday and needs to drive to work until than, and has already gotten pulled over for not having plate so if anyone knows that be great thx

nelsmar
04-22-2010, 06:48 PM
I printed out a good 4 or 5 temp tag's from the states website, same info every time. Unless they changed something recently?

Medina
04-22-2010, 07:26 PM
you can only get three 3 day permits one 30 and one 90, but the 90 is only if you are applying for a lost title. You can change a letter from the vin, but if you get caught its like if you where riding with no tags at all

justanother
04-22-2010, 08:37 PM
only one 3-5 days permit and 30 days permit per car, and why not just get it pass emission. well in any case if your friend are financial problem somehow or dont have money to fix the car to pass. , then try to apply for a waver for his car ....cause every car that cant pass emission once in their life time then it will be elegible for a waver, just hope ur friend car doesnt have a waver before..

JDM BOII
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
only one 3-5 days permit and 30 days permit per car, and why not just get it pass emission. well in any case if your friend are financial problem somehow or dont have money to fix the car to pass. , then try to apply for a waver for his car ....cause every car that cant pass emission once in their life time then it will be elegible for a waver, just hope ur friend car doesnt have a waver before..

he works until saturday morning and doesnt wanna get caught drving again without plates.

justanother
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
mmmmm tought one.. most of dmv are now no longer service on saturday anymore so tought for him. but what i do is i borrow a plate from a friend with a same car , same color just different vin. lol.. i remmeber i had a cops follow me but then he followed me for a twhile then change lane.. scare me shitless...i mean i understand that driving with different plates then ur own is a criminal or misdemeanor , but some of us have no choices but taking everysingle chance we got with our cars

Mrvanburen
04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
you can only get three 3 day permits one 30 and one 90, but the 90 is only if you are applying for a lost title. You can change a letter from the vin, but if you get caught its like if you where riding with no tags at all

I agree. Just get one more 3 day tag.

VTECin5th
04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Change zero to O and 1 to I and S to 5 and 2 to Z and so on. Should've started out using the "fake" ones because it's harder to say "oh, i didn't type it right" after you've maxed out your temp plates.

JdmRacIn719
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
just get a 90 day at pls its a check cashing place but they do 90 days there 30 bucks

MannyaK
04-23-2010, 07:00 PM
have it towed =)

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Go get the 90 day. There's a spot right up the street.

JDM BOII
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
I agree. Just get one more 3 day tag.

cant get one as i already explained

have it towed =)
wow you definitely need to be :hithead:

Go get the 90 day. There's a spot right up the street.

as stated above you cant !

krazyblurtz
04-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Lol not a tough one...

Go to autotrader online...get a vin that's posted for the same year/make/model and color if ya can.
It will accept your name on someone elses car.

I've seen someone pulled over with the fake tag and received a traffic ticket, but the officer never noticed..How often do they check your vin to match your temp tag?

If you get busted, oh whoops officer it must be one of the other car's (a)I was looking to buy or (B)That I bought/sold recently... I must have put the wrong number in!

JDM BOII
04-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Lol not a tough one...

Go to autotrader online...get a vin that's posted for the same year/make/model and color if ya can.
It will accept your name on someone elses car.

I've seen someone pulled over with the fake tag and received a traffic ticket, but the officer never noticed..How often do they check your vin to match your temp tag?

If you get busted, oh whoops officer it must be one of the other car's (a)I was looking to buy or (B)That I bought/sold recently... I must have put the wrong number in!

thanks man ill let him know