PDA

View Full Version : Local Musicians

die in a dick fire noob
04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
post your band info here i wanna get this goin!

*inFamous*
04-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Band:none
Instruments:ones that make noise!

need jam group :(

il0v3mys5
04-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Band:none
Alto Saxophone somewhere in the attic

Vtec_IN_3RD
04-29-2010, 08:01 AM
im a drummer minus a band

die in a dick fire noob
04-29-2010, 08:44 AM
i know there are a million guitarists on this site. at least i know a few... i play guitar, bass, keyboard, and a little drums... i want people to share both their bands and personal work if they've done it. i have a good friend that's in a metal band local to the mesa/gilbert area called Locus Solus, formally The Traitor Aspect. i know there are others here!

93DelSlow
04-29-2010, 08:59 PM
I have a Ibanez SC420 for my standard tuning guitar, a Ibanez Destroyer with EMG 81/85''s for drop C and a near completely custom Ibanez RG1570 with Seymore Duncan blackouts for my drop D. A Epiphone Thunderbird 4 string bass and a Traben Array 5 String. Marshal and Line Six amp's and a SWR 4x10 bass cab with 350 watt head. Not the most extreme equipment but it gets me by... No band yet... I just do solo songs/recordings and stuff at the moment. Looking to get a drumset and keyboard soon!

Nachooooosupreme
04-29-2010, 09:12 PM
^damn damn damn!!!thats some serious equipment. i wasnt that serious just made it by with my backstage plus. how do you like your destroyer? i had one of those and it turned out to be my daily lol...but right now im thinking of getting a keyboard. trent reznor from nin is the man...his music is the shit and i believe he makes it all himself if i was told correctlyii.not sure if true or not. but if you got any recorded music post a link...

die in a dick fire noob
04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
i just got back into playing, i'm working on my esp now, i got one of the LTD EC-256's for a great price online and now i'm working with one of my friends in texas to get me a set of dimarzios (he has a merchant account with them)... i looked at the 81/85 combo but i'm not that into metal so i opted for a breed bridge from dimarzio and a d-activator-x for the neck pickup. i may even repaint this one as i got it in gold because it was cheap and available and brand new for the price of a used one. thinking black with my pink pickups :) ... i've got the recording equipment built into my computer i just need to get a decent program installed, haven't had time to talk to my friend about it lately.

oh and for those of us who are still into the pop-punk scene (i know i know) my friend ivor is in a local az band called A Steap Ahead, www.myspace.com/astepaheadmusic

Nachooooosupreme
04-30-2010, 12:30 PM
im thinking of getting back into playing the guitar mainly because i think its gay to air guitar to a song i know but know in the back of my mind i dont even own a guitar lol any suggestions for electric guitar and amp bundle....??

93DelSlow
04-30-2010, 05:26 PM
^damn damn damn!!!thats some serious equipment. i wasnt that serious just made it by with my backstage plus. how do you like your destroyer? i had one of those and it turned out to be my daily lol...but right now im thinking of getting a keyboard. trent reznor from nin is the man...his music is the shit and i believe he makes it all himself if i was told correctlyii.not sure if true or not. but if you got any recorded music post a link...

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. He does all the music himself just hires people on to play the live shows. I'm sure, just as everyone else does he still does alot of colab. work. As for the Destroyer, I love it! I just wanted something with a Floyd Rose which is why I built the 1570. I bought the destroyer after my first guitar... B.C. Rich Warlock. Bronze series. Ack. B.C. rich's are nice high model wise. Lower end models suck much worse than they should. I'll have to post up some pics of my equipment and make a myspace to upload my music on or something. I've yet to upload any... I'm currently working on a badass metal/man version of Kesha's song Tick Tock. Hahaa!

looked at the 81/85 combo but i'm not that into metal so i opted for a breed bridge from dimarzio and a d-activator-x for the neck pickup

I hear yeah man, Thats why I have the SC420. The Destroyer and 1570 are metal guitars completely... The SC420 is my clean classical style baby. Ha! Its only got the stock split coil pickups in it at the moment... you'll have to let me know how you like them Dimarzios... I've been thinking of switching these out. What kind of music do you play?

im thinking of getting back into playing the guitar mainly because i think its gay to air guitar to a song i know but know in the back of my mind i dont even own a guitar lol any suggestions for electric guitar and amp bundle....??

How serious are you about playing? I'd help you out as much as possible but it all depends. I would say go to guitar center or sam ash... you could always just go get a basic Fender Squire setup but you may bore of that pretty fast if you're serious. They also over price... alot. If you do look into their clearence model guitars. I haven't been in a couple weeks but they may still be trying to get rid of some 2009 models. In my opinion however if you were serious, i'd go to some Craigslist or pawn shops. (Just make sure you have someone who knows alot about guitars with you to make sure you're in the clear) I got my Destroyer online for 150 bucks (There are a couple perks to a shitty economy), and my Thunderbird 4 string for a 100 because the guy didn't know how to reset the bridge. He thought it was broken. And the pawn shop on 19th and Bell has some badass guitars for cheap as hell. You might even luck out and find a nice amp there too. If not a good starter amp is a line 6 Spider combo. It has built in effects and tuner and comes in different sizes and prices ranges depending on what you're looking to get. Let me know if you need any help.

Method520
04-30-2010, 08:14 PM
i use to play snare on drumline, played piano when i was like 10, right now i rock a kramer electric, and a yamaha acoustic steel string.

i really only play acoustic right now, allot of the slightly stoopid, pink floyd, jack johnson etc.. iv never taken lessons, but music is something that really just comes to me, and acoustic guitars just seem easy and convinient so i got good at it. as for now, i just jam without a band.