PDA

View Full Version : Getting infected webpage hit of virus scan from site

auex
04-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I was going to the forum list and my virus scanner popped up saying that there was a html script virus. The error was repeatable and I have screen shots I am going to post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/auexa/error1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/auexa/error2.jpg

auex
04-30-2010, 08:21 PM
It only happens when returning to the main forum page.

auex
05-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Also I am finding that it only pops up right before the adds can at the top page on the forum list. Once I clear the Virus warning the add populates.

Any help or idea why?

Daddy_Digital
05-04-2010, 01:13 AM
anything? anyone? moderators? this issue is pretty important. i hope its just your computer. good luck!

RhdRicheeee
05-04-2010, 07:47 AM
help!!!!!

THAT_GUY
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Have you noticed any evidence of an actual infection?

I'm fairly certain that your anti-virus software is seeing the way that the Google ads are loaded and is showing a false-positive. The code that loads the Google ads is capable of delivering a virus, if it's misused. I can assure you that we're not trying to spread virus' though. Let me know if you get any actual infection.

kimmasauce
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
First of all, I'm not pointing the finger back at you - HOWEVER!
It looks to me as though you might have a "fake" antivirus program.

They are fairly popular and often have malware embedded within, sometimes viruses. I have not seen your particular antivirus before so I can't speak to that for certain.

Make sure you get your antiviruses from a reliable source, and if you are uncertain, inquire with someone who knows computers.

Just my two cents.

auex
05-05-2010, 07:59 AM
First of all, I'm not pointing the finger back at you - HOWEVER!
It looks to me as though you might have a "fake" antivirus program.

They are fairly popular and often have malware embedded within, sometimes viruses. I have not seen your particular antivirus before so I can't speak to that for certain.

Make sure you get your antiviruses from a reliable source, and if you are uncertain, inquire with someone who knows computers.

Just my two cents.

No, the antivirus software is legit. It is the same one I have been using for years and the one I put on computers that I fix for friends and family. So I know computers.

kimmasauce
05-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Okay, good deal.

Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon..strange.

*inFamous*
05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Clean here...

JDMcupcake
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
The only thing that happens to me is I get a Database Error every now and than. So not sure if it's your computer dude. You could have gone on a site that has a virus and it could have gotten into your computer. Does it only do it to this site or has it done it to other sites as well?

nelsmar
05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
pro-tip: dont use ie? :) There is no reason anyone would ever have a rational reason to use IE unless at a workplace that restricts browser. Its slower on every benchmark, it renders slower than everything else, and the security holes are a joke

auex
05-06-2010, 10:21 PM
pro-tip: dont use ie? :) There

Yeah, I have multiple browsers like chrome and mozilla firefox but I am just used to IE.

SlowLS
05-07-2010, 02:29 PM
i got one from this site about 3 months ago called "security tool", i completely fucked my computer, my tech department said it was a bitch to get rid of.