PDA

View Full Version : this is my workoutp plan. tell me what you think

Method520
05-10-2010, 08:29 PM
im a pretty lightweight guy. in fact i weight 142lbs.. almost a year ago i started working out, i was benching 6-7 reps of 90lbs. yesterday i maxxed out, 1rep max at 205lbs, and im currently doing sets of roughly 7-9 reps of 155-165. only supplements used are creatine, which i quit, and NOxplode.

i have day 1, and day 2. yes i know it sounds like allot of time in the day at a gym for only 2 days to fit my whole workout plan, but ill spend a good hr and a half at the gym anyways.

day 1:
pecs
shoulders
triceps
traps

day 2:
abbs/obliques
back
biceps
and lower body

i usually do a 2mile cardio run once every week or 2. im striving for a muscle/strength building plan.

yes, youd think i need a day just for my lower body, but i dont care about my legs that much, so i dont work them as much as my upper body. at least i can admit it.

i alternate day 1 day 2 day 1 day 2 day 1- first week, then day 2 day 1 day 2 day 1 day 2- second week. as you see i do a biweekly workout schedule, and on the first week as u see i primarily work my upperbody, so i do like monday specialize in chest, wednesday specialize in shoulders and traps, and friday i specialize in triceps. the same goes with the second week.

does that make sense? i always work the smaller muscle groups like triceps and biceps last in my workout, because they arent that importent. honestly i rarely do biceps actually because they come in when i do pullups/pulldowns and what not.

i can do roughly 25-30 widegrip pull ups if you were wondering, im sort of a light guy but my back is ripped. in fact i think im the only guy at ballys who can do sets of 2 fingered pullups, thats 2 on each side. yah its fun being light.

tell me what you guys think? what do you admire? what should i work on?

lately iv been trying to get my shoulders up as well as my abbs, so i can tone my body out more. and iv been working on my technique as well cause im starting to get back and shoulder problems.

MannyaK
05-10-2010, 09:21 PM
damm 205 weighing at 145?
i weigh 175 benching 215
but i plan on benching 225 in 2 weeks

Method520
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
yup ha :wave:

MannyaK
05-10-2010, 10:48 PM
do you have a healthy meal going on with this?

Thats a very bad workout plan... Your body needs time to heal... You can actually degrade muscle tissue from overtraining which is what you are doing. You need at least 3 to 4 days between each muscle group. EVERY muscle group is important.. The weaker body parts will cause you to be weaker then you should be.

Method520
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Thats a very bad workout plan... Your body needs time to heal... You can actually degrade muscle tissue from overtraining which is what you are doing. You need at least 3 to 4 days between each muscle group. EVERY muscle group is important.. The weaker body parts will cause you to be weaker then you should be.

which is why i specialize in 1 muscle group for every week, and have 2 days for recovery. its only given me the best results. i do in fact work my lower body plenty, i just dont go as in depth as i do with my back and chest exercises

and manny, im tryin to eat as much as possible. im starting to do deli sandwiches like 1 right after a workout. goin for about 5 meals a day

SiR Mikey
05-11-2010, 08:53 PM
You're way too experienced for a workout plan like that and it most likely won't be beneficial. Also, your upper body is going to plateau relatively quick if you don't train legs hard(unless you don't stay natty). Plus, it feels good being one of the only people squatting in the gym with the bar bending over your back.

"Put that steel on your back and give it a motherfucking ride, son." - Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6SJf1TcMks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPU_ZBFcHwA

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/sirmikey13/Dope.jpg?t=1273636738

Method520
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
wait quat? im workin my legs mang. today i worked a good solid 5 or 6 sets of squats. i wont disagree with you there, i could and probably should be working my legs moar, but i just cant find myself that interested in building my legs.

to be honest, i use to work my legs allot, more than my upper body. cause i was a runner, but as i started getting into heavy lifting, building muscle i lost interest. im a pretty solid muscular person, im just trying to tone up my upper body more you know.

its also a big factor of experimenting, im trying to test my body and analyze the effects so i can make the best results

SiR Mikey
05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Just trying to persuade you into wanting ridiculous legs ;). If I could do it all over again, I'd focus on my legs from the start. Not only because huge legs are rare to find, but your upper body will be much easier to develop

bb4arson
05-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Just trying to persuade you into wanting ridiculous legs ;). If I could do it all over again, I'd focus on my legs from the start. Not only because huge legs are rare to find, but your upper body will be much easier to develop

thats the thing that sucks about squating is that i dont want super huge legs .
cause i skateboard on occasion and dont want my legs to get in my way of some tricks ;)

Method520
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
lol good excuse.. and when i skateboarded, i wished i had stronger legs.

and to sirmikey, those fatass legs arent the first ive seen. take a day at ballys and you will see some pretty fucked up shit, and im talking about straight roid ragers

boostedrex
05-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Lower body is very important in overall lifting, i try to do everything 2x a week

mon- chest , tri's and legs
tues - back, bi's shoulders
wed - off
thurs - same as monday
fri - same as tues

i do running everyday and play alot of basketball, i havent maxed out in any power exercises lately but here is my last numbers

im at 185/187
bench 300
squat 405 ( had more in me but didnt go all out becouse no belt)
deadlift 405

SiR Mikey
05-17-2010, 04:18 PM
lol good excuse.. and when i skateboarded, i wished i had stronger legs.

and to sirmikey, those fatass legs arent the first ive seen. take a day at ballys and you will see some pretty fucked up shit, and im talking about straight roid ragers

I love legs man, I don't care what they're taking lol. I used to want a thick chest/back with bigs arms etc. After a while though, I realized it's not uncommon to see. Finding a set of huge legs and raging calves to match that upper body though is rare, and fucking awesome lol

bb4arson
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
I love legs man, I don't care what they're taking lol. I used to want a thick chest/back with bigs arms etc. After a while though, I realized it's not uncommon to see. Finding a set of huge legs and raging calves to match that upper body though is rare, and fucking awesome lol

i think i have decent legs ...
i like squating i just dont want to buy pants right now lol

SiR Mikey
05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
i think i have decent legs ...
i like squating i just dont want to buy pants right now lol

That part does suck man. I bought a bunch of dress pants a few months back and none of them fit now :(

bb4arson
05-18-2010, 06:59 PM
That part does suck man. I bought a bunch of dress pants a few months back and none of them fit now :(

i wear skinnish jeans but on my legs they look really tight cause my legs so im just going to start buying nice shorts from now on...:smackself: