PDA

View Full Version : forearm pain???

Medina
05-11-2010, 11:44 PM
When i do preacher curls of 95+ pounds my forearms start to hurt on the way up and when i release the grip. Anyone else experience that or have an idea of what could be the culprit.

5'11
180 lbs
235 max bench X 1 (weak i know)

Mr.Teal
05-11-2010, 11:46 PM
When i do preacher curls of 95+ pounds my forearms start to hurt on the way up and when i release the grip. Anyone else experience that or have an idea of what could be the culprit.

Id say a little to much weight.

bb4arson
05-12-2010, 12:26 AM
stop being a pussy +)
and you probably cant handle the weight but take it .how bad does it hurt .
does it hurt as in a burning feeling?

Medina
05-12-2010, 12:36 AM
IDK how to describe the pain, kinda like if you where to squeeze it too hard with your thumb but X3
maybe lack of forearm exercise? but i heard that when you do biceps, back, chest, and even triceps you are working out the forearm also

BTW pain is only on the right forearm :(

MannyaK
05-12-2010, 12:42 AM
its your muscle that you havent really used trust me before when i would try and bench my chest would kill me but i ignored the pain and continued to this day i cannot feel a thing

try getting a dumbell (large weight prefered) and with one hand turn your wrist from side to side it would stretch out the muscles in there so it wont hurt soo much

your actually somewhat at my goal im 180 5'10 benching 215 but im maxing out this friday so hopefully i hit my 225 mark

keep working out man let me know if it still hurts i can recommend some small workouts you can do at work and stuff to make the forearm muscles not hurt so much

ChrisIsYoung
05-12-2010, 12:44 AM
BTW pain is only on the right forearm :(

Start using the left to jack off yo, You'll be fine! lmao

sorry had too, to EASSSSY:offtopic2:

Medina
05-12-2010, 12:48 AM
its your muscle that you havent really used trust me before when i would try and bench my chest would kill me but i ignored the pain and continued to this day i cannot feel a thing

try getting a dumbell (large weight prefered) and with one hand turn your wrist from side to side it would stretch out the muscles in there so it wont hurt soo much

your actually somewhat at my goal im 180 5'10 benching 215 but im maxing out this friday so hopefully i hit my 225 mark

keep working out man let me know if it still hurts i can recommend some small workouts you can do at work and stuff to make the forearm muscles not hurt so much
cool thanks ill give that a try

Start using the left to jack off yo, You'll be fine! lmao

sorry had too, to EASSSSY:offtopic2:

this fucken guy! lol

SiR Mikey
05-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Are you using the straight bar or EZ bar?

Method520
05-12-2010, 08:24 AM
its too much weight for your bone structure, thats how ppl fuck shit up. no offense but wouldnt be preacher curling sets of 90lbs with a max bench at 235

Medina
05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Are you using the straight bar or EZ bar?

both, but it only starts hurting after like the 5th rep

its too much weight for your bone structure, thats how ppl fuck shit up. no offense but wouldnt be preacher curling sets of 90lbs with a max bench at 235

I am not using 95lbs dumbbells

SiR Mikey
05-12-2010, 12:37 PM
both, but it only starts hurting after like the 5th rep

I am not using 95lbs dumbbells

Try sticking with the EZ bar and see if that helps. The straight bar puts a lot of strain on your wrist's and forearms, especially with high weight.

Medina
05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Try sticking with the EZ bar and see if that helps. The straight bar puts a lot of strain on your wrist's and forearms, especially with high weight.

cool, thanks ill give that a try also.

alx
05-12-2010, 01:08 PM

or use the pulley weights if your in a gym. they always gave me less strain then barbells or straight bars

Method520
05-13-2010, 08:47 PM
didnt even think of that. yeah dont use the straight bar x2. i always go with the swirvy one and almost get in a crouching position when i do my sets so i dont put strain on my back either.

Ruckus
05-13-2010, 10:30 PM
i get the same problem if its what i think it is. I get it from stiffening up trying not to go down to fast and its on the sides of the forearm and its def not muscle feels like bone type thing.

The Guido
05-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Its probably from armwrestle me...I tend to hurt my opponents LOL. I use the straight bar, but the EZ bar alot less painful.