PDA

View Full Version : my car is in pieces

em2trackstar
05-17-2010, 01:39 PM
so i tore my car apart for shits and giggles. my motors out, completely torn to shit and im planning my build. i do have some thing im not gonna need. hopefully with all that im doing ill get good results. if anyone knows any good engine shops please let me know. im doing all the work myself so get ready. hopefully i have pics up soon. any advice on my build would be great. but please no k-swap advice or anything else besides the d17a2. i want to make something that everyone says is worthless to something thats great. real lovers of the em2 know what im talking about so lets hear it....thanks!:clap:

The God Damn Batman
05-17-2010, 02:46 PM
assuming you already have read this
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46...30-31-psi.html (http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-honda-civic-members-rides/309065-d17-gt30-31-psi.html)

MrRline2010
05-17-2010, 06:05 PM
ermmm dude you ever gonna finish this thing. You've been doing random crap to it for ages now and it still isn't done. It's almost time to move up to a new car soon.

Mr.Burner
05-17-2010, 11:26 PM
K swap it

bb4arson
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
K swap it

big block it:bs:

Mr.Burner
05-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Well atleast my k20 vs H22 argument wins.

em2trackstar
05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
i have a new car. its a 05 acura tsx. so this can take as long as it needs. but thanks for the criticism tho

FranktheTank
05-21-2010, 01:59 PM
assuming you already have read this
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46...30-31-psi.html (http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-honda-civic-members-rides/309065-d17-gt30-31-psi.html)

makes good power.
but for a turbo honda motor, it has a shitty powerband.
it makes good power for what, 2,000 rpms out of the 8 that he revs too.

B swap it! ahaha fuck a K

Em2typeS
05-23-2010, 02:41 PM
well i wish you the best making your car a silent killer.

SlowLS
05-24-2010, 03:33 PM
makes good power.
but for a turbo honda motor, it has a shitty powerband.
it makes good power for what, 2,000 rpms out of the 8 that he revs too.

B swap it! ahaha fuck a K

you cant b swap it, i wanted to do that ( a gsr in a 02 coupe) but i was told that due to emmissions you cant put it in. not sure if thats true though

FranktheTank
05-25-2010, 11:39 AM
you cant b swap it, i wanted to do that ( a gsr in a 02 coupe) but i was told that due to emmissions you cant put it in. not sure if thats true though

I was just fuckin around.
I've only seen one b swapped Ep and im pretty sure it was for off road usage.

Mr.Burner
05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Why wouldnt it be legal? its obd2, if you b swap it, just use eveything obd2, the em2's have the same emission requirements as the 96-00 civic. Purge control, two o2 sensors, cat converter, canister ect.

but that seems like a waste of time putting in a ten year old motor in a new car and not just swapping a k. seems more promising.

The God Damn Batman
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Why wouldnt it be legal? its obd2, if you b swap it, just use eveything obd2, the em2's have the same emission requirements as the 96-00 civic. Purge control, two o2 sensors, cat converter, canister ect.

but that seems like a waste of time putting in a ten year old motor in a new car and not just swapping a k. seems more promising.

Going off of memery here, but I beleive it was something more or less about the DMV hassle. Basically the engine cant be older than the vehicle itself and problem with VIN #'s or something. I may be wrong, but it was something to that effect.

EDIT: here ya go, the real answer
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11063

Lilrob
05-26-2010, 11:55 PM
ermmm dude you ever gonna finish this thing. You've been doing random crap to it for ages now and it still isn't done. It's almost time to move up to a new car soon.

dude. your prob. the last person to talk shit on here. isnt it time for you to give up your body kitted out automatic civic? what a joke man.

gotta love azht :rofl:

Is it kool to have a k swap and get sponsered now?
can i join toooo:nutswinger: i promise i can hang.

why dont we keep this on topic?

em2trackstar
05-27-2010, 08:05 AM
a great comment by lil rob how you been man? all i know is that this is a project that im just having fun with. and if people want to really talk shit about me taking forever or it will still be slow or a waste of money...the hell with you then. i have my daily driver so i dont need to rush. but thanks for all the hating tho!

MrRline2010
06-02-2010, 01:55 PM
dude. your prob. the last person to talk shit on here. isnt it time for you to give up your body kitted out automatic civic? what a joke man.

gotta love azht :rofl:

Is it kool to have a k swap and get sponsered now?
can i join toooo:nutswinger: i promise i can hang.

why dont we keep this on topic?

body kitted? Last I checked the only part of the kit that isn't oem is the front lip. And yes automatic what's your point? Still seems better than that beater you did your wire tuck on. Just my opinion though. Atleast you liked my loud as hell exhaust on my automatic.I guess next car I get ill have to find one that drags the ground and busts oil pans so I can have the approval of a kid who just finished high school. Ps I got my other automatic here ready to smoke your little banger whenever your ready.

em2trackstar
06-04-2010, 08:27 AM
are you talking about racing me? cuz if so ill gladly walk all over your ass with my TL.

MrRline2010
06-04-2010, 04:28 PM
are you talking about racing me? cuz if so ill gladly walk all over your ass with my TL.

nah talking about rob, also tl or tl type s? tl might be a good race

bryantiscool
06-05-2010, 01:33 AM
calm down there
lemme get in on this "race"
when the ish gets done :D

Mr.Burner
06-05-2010, 03:23 AM
Going off of memery here, but I beleive it was something more or less about the DMV hassle. Basically the engine cant be older than the vehicle itself and problem with VIN #'s or something. I may be wrong, but it was something to that effect.

EDIT: here ya go, the real answer
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11063

No hassle at all... One of my home boys just bought a car out of texas (98 hatch) with a k20 swap, it had to go through level 2 inspection and emissions and we had no problem whats so ever making it happen, so its possible.

em2trackstar
06-07-2010, 10:44 AM
its a 05 6 speed man. 3.2 tl. its a fun car.

MrRline2010
06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
its a 05 6 speed man. 3.2 tl. its a fun car.

I think you'd probably have me by a little bit. Lemme get the new whip and we'll give it a shot.