PDA

View Full Version : Machine Shops in Phoenix

hockeyrules
05-30-2010, 12:26 PM
I searched and hundreds of threads popped up and none of them really give any kind of definite answer..

What I need is
A Bore
Crank Polish and Balance
Cut piston rings
Blueprint motor

Now can somebody give me a reputable shop in the phoenix area, I don't mind driving I just want someone who does good work for a decent price.

Shops recommended so far is Chucks Speed and RV..

Thanks

AFFIRace
06-06-2010, 06:25 PM
You can go through Tri-Tech or RPM maching. Those are the two I've used.

king06
06-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I've used Engine house once, good results.

Most likely going back soon.

allbossbra
06-06-2010, 10:16 PM
only place i trust http://www.rpmengines.net/

frtech
06-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Dave at Scottsdale machine is pretty good......RPM engines has a completely new staff now so I'm not sure how good their quality is now.

Mr.Burner
06-10-2010, 05:04 PM
lol at blue print...

Aaron said it best. Dave at Scottsdale does great work.. and he uses a deck plate for the b series... Who else in az uses one thats what i would like to know.

honduh_head
06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
theres a couple shops on the west side.... google them and call

AZ Speed Barn
01-06-2011, 10:58 PM
RPM 1st then ABD 2nd in tempe

all_motor_mike
01-07-2011, 07:13 PM
i use the same place josh @ tri tec uses for all his machine work.

mike

josh
01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
basko in gilbert

pplh8r
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Always had good work done by RPM.
Wouldnt recommend S&S no matter what anyone tells you.

I Hate Import Cars
01-12-2011, 04:19 PM
basko in gilbert

NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Always had good work done by RPM.
Wouldnt recommend S&S no matter what anyone tells you.

Why is that?

I have Maximum Horsepower and Machine in Mesa do my balancing (and porting) and S&S does the rest of my stuff. Never had a problem with either of them.

pplh8r
01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I used to take all my stuff to Todd at S&S for a long time.
I had a few problems on a couple of my heads that I sent to him though. One head in particular had a complete valve job, resurface, stainless valves ETC. When I got the head back I was able to pour water in the intake chambers and it would just run right out the cylinder side of the valve. No bueno !!
This was a motor that I was assembling for someone in Hawaii. I would have looked like a complete dumb ass if I sent this guy a fully built motor that didnt even run correctly.
Worst part was that when I confronted Todd he told me " ohh dont worry about that, it will seal up as soon as you start the car " .
Sorry not good enough for me.

Went to RPM and never looked back.
NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Why is that?

I have Maximum Horsepower and Machine in Mesa do my balancing (and porting) and S&S does the rest of my stuff. Never had a problem with either of them.

I Hate Import Cars
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
I used to take all my stuff to Todd at S&S for a long time.
I had a few problems on a couple of my heads that I sent to him though. One head in particular had a complete valve job, resurface, stainless valves ETC. When I got the head back I was able to pour water in the intake chambers and it would just run right out the cylinder side of the valve. No bueno !!
This was a motor that I was assembling for someone in Hawaii. I would have looked like a complete dumb ass if I sent this guy a fully built motor that didnt even run correctly.
Worst part was that when I confronted Todd he told me " ohh dont worry about that, it will seal up as soon as you start the car " .
Sorry not good enough for me.

Went to RPM and never looked back.

Wow. That doesn't sound like Todd at all, but I'm not here to argue. I'm just going off of my 10+ years of experience with him. I'm sorry you had an issue with him.:(

pplh8r
01-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Dont get me wrong Todd is a good person and I think the real problem was a person he had working for him at the time.
In my old age I have come to HATE working on cars,I like to do things once which is why I eventually decided to use RPMs service. If I have to remove a head because a machine shop fucked up Iam going to be really pissed off.

Daddy_Digital
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
check this thread out. hope it helps

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122537

I Hate Import Cars
01-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Dont get me wrong Todd is a good person and I think the real problem was a person he had working for him at the time.
In my old age I have come to HATE working on cars,I like to do things once which is why I eventually decided to use RPMs service. If I have to remove a head because a machine shop fucked up Iam going to be really pissed off.

Oh I'm with you on that. I totally know where you're coming from, it just surprises me to hear that.