PDA

View Full Version : might be getting an 07 si sedan, want some info

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
okay peeps, so we got a trade in at my dealership today of a 2007 civic SI sedan in a dark grey color, 48k miles on it, and it SHOULD go for a really good price, afew cosmetic flaws is about all its got, thing runs TITS, pure TITS, ac is cold, not a single issue with it. About a week from now itll hit our lot, and ontop of it probably having a good price itll have a 3 year or 100k powertrain warrenty which is 100k of the odo, so like 52k or 3 years. Anyways that would be awesome for me, i kinda fell in love with it when i drove it, so now i just need to get some information.

first off i DID search, i did look around, i did read car reveiws, i did watch videos on youtube. But id like to know what the owners think of them? also what recalls were there? what are the most common problems you guys had? and anything else noteable.

i very much so plan on buying this g-ride, if i do possible future plans are CT supercharger stage 2 and maybe a lil water meth action if not a small shot of NAWZ perhaps.

but for now it would be the daily and a very nice one at that.

hit me up guys, just whatever you think is relevent, and if you wanna know the price then yeah sure i can get you that too, if you go thru me only :thumbsup:

Lawl.

thanks, Mcmuffin.

blackouthx
07-13-2010, 07:39 AM
I love my 08 FA5, If the price is right go for it.

Pros:
-aftermarket support (more so than the coupe)
-May not be fast but they are plenty "quick" for daily driving
-Double tier dash, some may not like it but its awesome when you get used to it
-lsd
-Its a honda

Cons:
-3rd gear grind
-throttle lag caused by the DBW, nothing a reflash cant take care of.

Any specifics hit me up man

07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
here is whut the purdy gurl looks like...

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh110/desertracer07/0712001421.jpg

and we always sell cars below KBB value, and this one is valued at likeeeeeee 14500 i beleive, so hopefully we let it go for around 13's.

ill know in a week or so.

crxhfb16
07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
i have an 08 FA5 its a great car you will be real happy with it, i have personally never had an issue with my 3rd gear.

blackouthx
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Ya, same here. I have an 08 also and never had issues with 3rd gear.

jakellama123
07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
i considered buying one before my gli
decent cars and i like the sedans
im not too hot on that color
but if the price is right then id go for it

07-14-2010, 11:42 AM
i considered buying one before my gli
decent cars and i like the sedans
im not too hot on that color
but if the price is right then id go for it
thanks jakey :slaphands:

07-15-2010, 10:13 PM
ok guys and gals the numbers are in, for me, its like 16500 OTD, will have 3 year or 100k mile powertrain warrenty, 125 point saftey inspected, completely cleaned up inside and out.

thats a bit more then i was looking to pay, but around 300 a month at 0 down, on a decent interest rate, and then about 130 a month on insurance its doable for me.

just gotta see what you guys think of that price. Thats tax, tags, title, license, doc fee's, everything OTD.

MannyaK
07-15-2010, 10:27 PM
fuck that ill trade in my fit for this monster ive always wanted one but i want in either red or black

maybe once you get it you can show me the back seat

07-16-2010, 05:48 PM
fuck that ill trade in my fit for this monster ive always wanted one but i want in either red or black

maybe once you get it you can show me the back seat
:slaphands:

and if i dont buy it ill sell it to you!

MannyaK
07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
pm me slut nugget

07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
pm me slut nugget
bitch i did!

MannyaK
07-16-2010, 06:40 PM
thanks fucking faggot tree

07-16-2010, 06:55 PM
thanks fucking faggot tree
:goodpost:

07-26-2010, 07:24 PM
my credit is great but no car for me without a co-signer :(

gunsup0331
07-26-2010, 07:58 PM
16k ftL
you could push an immaculate TL typeS for that scrilla

Jermey1
07-26-2010, 08:25 PM
16k ftL

tl type s for that price, i dont think so. I just bought a 2010 si sedan and love it, i was also looking at the 08 tl type s but didnt want to spend 25k or more on a used car.

07-26-2010, 09:26 PM
16k ftL
wouldnt work at all, i gotta finance whatever it is, banks dont like to finance anything over 5 years or 100k miles. OR both. And me being a first time car buyer, it wouldnt work.

RPG2ach
07-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out with the finance, but KEEP looking! There are A LOT out there, especially sitting around in Phoenix. Get on Carmax, on here, and do some online shopping to find one. The FA5 and FG2 are both amazing! I owned an FG2 and drove money FA5's. The Comptech Supercharger is a great choice, mix that with the PasswordJDM Intake, Water Meth kit (Aqua Mist if able) and a custom tune (Not a generic Flash), and that should put you at 300 if not, 290FWHP. They are track fiends too, you may want to hold off on charger the motor and just take it out stock to have fun! They are a blast.

07-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out with the finance, but KEEP looking! There are A LOT out there, especially sitting around in Phoenix. Get on Carmax, on here, and do some online shopping to find one. The FA5 and FG2 are both amazing! I owned an FG2 and drove money FA5's. The Comptech Supercharger is a great choice, mix that with the PasswordJDM Intake, Water Meth kit (Aqua Mist if able) and a custom tune (Not a generic Flash), and that should put you at 300 if not, 290FWHP. They are track fiends too, you may want to hold off on charger the motor and just take it out stock to have fun! They are a blast.
its gonna have to be financed either way, and thru my work it will have a 3 year or 100K powertrain warrenty, carmax will add that on for ALOT of extra money. I might just have to save some up and buy one brand ass new with navi like i want and everythang.

RPG2ach
07-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Yes, the more you have on the initial down payment the better it looks to the banks. But hey don't get discouraged, the right one will come along when you least expect it and when you DO have the money in hand :D

gunsup0331
07-27-2010, 11:12 PM
meh finance ftl

esp if a significant portion of your income is based on commission

take it from me, ive financed shit and vow to never do it again (already got my mortgage)

every time i hop into my shitty ass EF i smile cuz i know its actually mine, i actually own it, the depreciation is negligible and im not paying some bank a premium for the privilege

07-28-2010, 06:37 PM
meh finance ftl

esp if a significant portion of your income is based on commission

take it from me, ive financed shit and vow to never do it again (already got my mortgage)

every time i hop into my shitty ass EF i smile cuz i know its actually mine, i actually own it, the depreciation is negligible and im not paying some bank a premium for the privilege
well when your 20 years old like me you are gonna have to finance some things, its just like that.

gunsup0331
07-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Dont bs you just want a sweet ride lol
there are way cheaper ways to build your credit, yo

HondaFreak
07-29-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm 21 and can finance a car with a decent rate with just 1500 down. I choose not too because like gunsup said, I own my car and dont have to worry about shit!

Not only that, but the insurance on my current car is so cheap. Having alot of extra money is SO lovely!

07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
seriously my own dealership and even earnhardt honda next door to my work said id need half down, which is insane.

and i got a 650 credit score thats spotless.

HondaFreak
07-30-2010, 01:09 AM
The problem is; How long have you had credit for? Not only that but what type of credit do you have?

Having only a few credit cards may not help. Especially if the limit is low. I don't know your situation though.

riceboy88
07-30-2010, 06:45 PM
sell you my 06 fiji blue coupe??

gunsup0331
07-30-2010, 07:15 PM
650 is like meh
usually means no red flags only lack of history
i financed my '00 Teg in '05 with 0 down and 6.5% APR
not bad for my first major purchase and only 3yrs of credit history. One it was paid off i SAVED over $100 a MONTH on interest and insurance.

07-30-2010, 10:24 PM
ive had things in my name or things co-signed on since i was like 16. So almost 5 years of credit history. I have 2 student loans totalling about 8k and a quad payment thats 10k total over 4 years. All of those payments ive been making for over a year and every single one has been current, on time, i looked at my own credit history, it hasnt a single red flag, late payment, or anything.

but im still a "first time" car buyer.

HondaFreak
07-30-2010, 11:56 PM
You're score should be higher than.

I've had 3 years of history with a score above 700. No late payments. No installment loans though. It might be the loans you have that are bringing the score down. I don't see why you cant finance that car.

But then again I'm not a credit expert.

RPG2ach
08-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Sounds like your salesmen is being a tard and trying to work you over. Take your business to another dealership, I have been there and seen that played out before. Don't end up like me where they hand you your first 8th gen Si, and they say "We would like you to come back to the dealership with the car, we can work out a better deal". This leads to finding out they canceled the paperwork, and they rape you again and again and again lol

08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Sounds like your salesmen is being a tard and trying to work you over. Take your business to another dealership, I have been there and seen that played out before. Don't end up like me where they hand you your first 8th gen Si, and they say "We would like you to come back to the dealership with the car, we can work out a better deal". This leads to finding out they canceled the paperwork, and they rape you again and again and again lol
lol u didnt read it through, im a salesman, im working myself in this deal, its at the dealership i work. And this was all straight from the finance guys lips, i saw that i got approved for 8k from drive time loans, but at 25% interest. so NO on that.

i might have sweet talked the rents into co-signing.

prissy
08-01-2010, 11:21 PM
lol u didnt read it through, im a salesman, im working myself in this deal, its at the dealership i work. And this was all straight from the finance guys lips, i saw that i got approved for 8k from drive time loans, but at 25% interest. so NO on that.

i might have sweet talked the rents into co-signing.

oh shit!! did you really sweet talk them into it?? :poke:

crxhfb16
08-02-2010, 07:31 AM
i just traded in my 08 fiji blue 4dr si at van chevrolet

HondaFreak
08-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Traded for what?