PDA

View Full Version : Os x dvd?

Pendulum
07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
I need an OS X DVD. I lost mine and want to reformat my Macbook.

If anyone has one that I could borrow, I'd appreciate it. PM me plz.

nelsmar
07-20-2010, 09:44 AM
you can get one off pirate bay, but i do have one, i have snow leopard retail (10.6), and OSX for a 27 inch imac (10.6.2). You have my number :)

edit: hell i even have it on a firewire drive, so install takes 1/4 as long :)

imm0rtal
07-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Apple doesn't charge more than $30 for the disk if you want to be legit, but I am actually running Snow Leopard from my office on my macbook lol. They had the boot image on an external drive and said I could install it, so the licensing issue is out...yeah just torrent it lol

nelsmar
07-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Apple doesn't charge more than $30 for the disk if you want to be legit, but I am actually running Snow Leopard from my office on my macbook lol. They had the boot image on an external drive and said I could install it, so the licensing issue is out...yeah just torrent it lol

yeah they really dont care, i just bought the damn disk i figured hell its only 30$ they also said that snow leopard wont directly install on a tiger machine, they said you need the full retail for $1XX.00, i used the upgrade disk and it worked fine lol. They are actually the same disk.

imm0rtal
07-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah same disk between the upgrade and full versions. I had a friend get the error saying it wouldn't install, but when I rebooted it with the disk in instead of putting the disk in while in the OS and starting it worked better for some reason. He's dropped his macbook a few times though haha