PDA

View Full Version : How to NOT be tired when.. .

berny2435
07-23-2010, 11:20 AM
suggestions please for getting some energy going when.. .

29yrs old, 6'3.5" 195lbs - slim, swimmer build. havn't been working out much at all over the past say 7 years.
Want to get back into working out but I'm tired a lot. I know starting working out will help.
No curent routine and I don't eat very unhealthy. I have a good appetite and eat 3 meals a day even if it's just a couple granola bars in the AM (about 400 calories)
On average I probably eat b/t 1700-2500 calories a day and don't eat just junk
I cut down on the diet soda. Less than one a day now. Drinking more water and gatorade
Don't drink beer during the week anymore. Don't really drink untill Friday really
Wake up alarm is set at 4:40AM, work starts b/t 6 and 6:30AM and ends whenever I go home (Salaried Engineer)
I have a weight room at work with tredmills, elipticals and stair climers available but I never use it.
Tower 2000 "body by Jake I think) at home and other Golds Gym power bands long and short
I hate running
Playing softball on Tuesday nights
used the be very athletic - 185lbs low body fat, bench 235lb-3times, leg press a Grand piano and vertical leap over 31" depending on how I felt that day.
got to the point where I couldn't gain anymore mass cuz I wasn't eating enough food but that was back when I was 20. Body changes in 9 years.
not currently addicted to video games but I could be at anytime lol!
I do have a touchy back and knees.
Taking a multi vitamin and Glucosamine Chondroitin for joints.
Let me know any routines and diets that got you back into the game or ideas that you have in general.

Thanks

BDEG
07-23-2010, 11:25 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2380/2696561615_3eab332836.jpg

Make's you fast,strong,never sleep etc...

Chiodos
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Get more sleep = not tired......

Seems like you have all the right resources. It's just up to you to get going
Motivation?
Get a work out buddy. Try a Pre work out supp with caffeine, caffeine pill, or cup of black coffee to get your energy and concentration jump started. Fast pace music. Push through those first 2-3 weeks sticking to a routine and you'll crave the workout!

thakid
07-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Chiodos love the avatar. My favorite movie.

Sleep big and eat at appropriate times. Usually eating at certain times can make you tired.

berny2435
07-24-2010, 09:16 AM
yeah, I definitely need to get some more sleep. Gotta set a rule or something!