PDA

View Full Version : sprained ankle and working out upper body????

Medina
08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Well i sprained my ankle last night, at first i was ok but now i walk with a heavy limp. Will it be a bad idea if i workout my upper body with the sprained ankle? and anyone know how long does it usually last for it to heal?

Yeah its pretty bad!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/molotovman/Picture1110.jpg

bb4arson
08-08-2010, 03:33 PM
which way did it twist?
ive sprained my ankle many times when i skateboarded umm and most times it would take a month to heel . but i would still kinda feel it since i kept skating on it.
you could still workout your upper body man just sit down for most your work outs .

Medina
08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
i rolled it outwards in a moshpit :(

Chiodos
08-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Ice and rest are best to do within the first 48hours after that it really won't help it. Dont Ice it after that period its a waste of time.
You need to do excercises and stretches, it will speed up the healing time!

Do these while sitting with your legs fully extended infront of you:
Pull your foot towards you using your ankle. Hold it for 10-15 secs. Then relax and do that 8-10 more times. Do the same thing except push your foot forwards (away from your body) using only your ankle.
Then sit in a chair and write the alphabet with your foot moving only your ankle.

Don't just sit and ice it or it will take a lot longer than normal. But keep in mind it still needs its rest. You should be fine to work out your upper body but like bb4arson said do it sitting down. You don't need any added weight on your ankle for a few days at least!

Medina
08-08-2010, 09:31 PM
thanks guys ill give that a try I ended up skipping the gym today gonna let it rest for another day before i put any un needed stress in it

MannyaK
08-08-2010, 09:32 PM
damm sugar sexy legs let me come over and massage that for you

lol jk man hope you get well

Medina
08-08-2010, 09:38 PM

thx dude hopefully it gets better before the party :(

MannyaK
08-08-2010, 09:41 PM
speaking of the party i fucking wont be able to go my work isnt approving days off

bb4arson
08-08-2010, 09:58 PM

actually messaging the area to get the dead blood cells out of there is a good idea.. i did this all the time .

Medina
08-08-2010, 10:37 PM
speaking of the party i fucking wont be able to go my work isnt approving days off
Shitty man, call in sick fuck em!

actually messaging the area to get the dead blood cells out of there is a good idea.. i did this all the time .

cool ill rub that shit like there was no tomorrow

-thx

Miracle711
08-09-2010, 09:16 AM

X2 but it needs to be someone who know what they are doing though, cuz if not it could hurt u in the long run. If u need someone to massage it for u I know of a good sobadora. :)

Hope u get well soon and like u said.. before the party too. :sucker:

Medina
08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
^^^ how the hell did you end up in this section? lol

If by the good sobadora you mean YOU then you got the job! :P http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/babydoll2u/smilies/wavesmile.gif

nah, Im gonna give it a couple days see how it feels, as of today the swelling went down a bit.....

Miracle711
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
lol :)

No, I dont know how to sobar.. lol

kk, just L'nYK

6thgen
08-09-2010, 10:18 PM
you should probably lay off the booze for a while