PDA

View Full Version : Any good post or pre-workout recipes?

HondaFreak
08-12-2010, 02:20 AM
I know there are some people who have "ritual" recipes or just foods that you love to eat after a workout. For example, I was looking up some a while ago and I found a tuna oatmeal patty, for a burger. YUM!
Unfortunately, I don't know the exact recipe. I can't seem to find it.
I tend to eat tuna straight out of the can, many people most likely do that as well.

Any one want to share their recipes or rituals?

bb4arson
08-12-2010, 03:13 AM
shit i dont really have a ritual . i just make sure i get my whey and water bottle in my bag and go.
but i heard if you get a raging boner it boost your tests. and you could probably lift more. or think about something that turns you on .
maybe thats why chicks help people lift.

HondaFreak
08-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Well, if you have a boner that means blood is flowing. Makes sense.

I think it would be uncomfortable though. lol

HondaFreak
08-12-2010, 03:17 AM
I also read about protein pancakes. Mix some whey in the pancake mix and you're good!

bb4arson
08-12-2010, 03:20 AM
I also read about protein pancakes. Mix some whey in the pancake mix and you're good!

shit you could fix it almost in anything man .

bumpstick
08-12-2010, 03:35 AM
learn more about the glycemic index.
in a nutshell:
pre workout = protein + low glycemic carbs, at least an hour before
post workout = protein + higher glycemic carbs, as soon as possible
in general=stay hydrated and stay away from fats

good sources of protein are eggs, fish, poultry, lean beef, beans, soy, and low fat dairy (like powdered whey).
good sources of carbs are whole grain breads, pasta, most vegetables, and most fruit.
I like to use a combination of the GI diet and the caveman diet. Essentially, when you do eat food, consume it with the least amount of preparation possible (i.e. raw carrots are better for you than steamed carrots. obviously you have to cook meat, but medium rare is better for you than charred or flame-broiled). after some research, you can accurately determine your pre and post workout ratios of protein-to-carbs, but in most cases pre should be higher in carbs, post should be higher in protein.
hope this helps.

HondaFreak
08-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Cool! Thanks man, very helpful!

HondaFreak
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
jhjhg

GlxyGry<3
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Well, if you have a boner that means blood is flowing. Makes sense.

I think it would be uncomfortable though. lol

what are you talking about... of course it makes sense its happened when ive helped u lmfao!!!! ooohhhh andy <3

speedracer
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
i did the prison work out
peanutbutter and tuna or boiled bird
2 asprins before work out thins out ur blood better flow
and we eat befor and afther the work out

but get some creatine it will blow u up fast, if you have to drop a ua it will come up as deluited

j-dizzle
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Just plain oatmeal an hour before. And some days steak some days chicken some days tuna after lol and a pb and honey sandwich after always!

BigJsaid
08-13-2010, 06:49 AM
my favorites are either a Foreman'd chicken tit with lettuce/tomato on sum 9 grain bread with organic ketchup with my shake

or on leg days, 2 cups of linguine with a freshly made basil pesto sauce followed by an immediate chugging of my shakey.

gives you fire for energy if consumed 90 mins before hand. then after the workout i usually take a phenomenal shit.

Chiodos
08-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Pretty basic here.
Pre: 2 cups brown rice and 8oz chicken w/only pepper and olive oil, about an hour before and 2 scoops jack3d 1/2 hour before.
Post: within 5-10 mins, I blend 2 scoops whey with 2-3 servings low fat/sugar cereal and almond milk and tbsp honey. Of course thats for bulking.

Manga_Spawn
08-14-2010, 09:33 AM
If you are wanting supplements go to www.trueprotein.com. You can make your own protein powder and the stuff actually tastes good. What I am doing is the BCAA boost before the workout and then after I have a whey protein mix that is 90% whey protein concentrate and 10% L-Glutamine. I also take some creatine right when I get home as well. It has really helped alot with my recover so much that I barely get sore the next day. Other things I take from this site are their fat burner pills, green tea pills and their fish oil (its only $23 for 1000 capsules). Hope that helps some.

bb4arson
08-14-2010, 02:01 PM
^^the glutamine is the thing that is making you recover faster and not feel as sore not the creatine.
just letting you know buddy : )

Manga_Spawn
08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I meant the entire before and after has helped with the soreness. I know that the creatine isn't doing it. "Thanks for letting me know". :roll: :)

bb4arson
08-16-2010, 09:46 PM
no the creatine is doing something its keeping your muscle nice and socked =)

for a post work out im taking whey and eating a banana since it breaks down faster and its a good source of carbs