PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound from the wheel well

Damien
08-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey guys!

New to the forums, so hello. =)

I am also the new owner of a 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe, and since we got it, it's been giving us a few troubles. Most of the tech stuff has been fixed, but now a new problem has arisen.

Whenever I make a right turn, or hit a small bump on the road, or jolt my steering wheel to the right, there is a tapping noise from the left wheel well. It's not continuous, it just makes one or two taps and then it stops.

I'm not sure if it's just something loose, or (hopefully not) the CV joint, but I wanna know what you guys think.

Any help would be appreciated..

dustinda
08-13-2010, 01:26 AM
cv axel maybe?

fucubic
08-13-2010, 03:30 AM
cv axel maybe?
ding ding ding winner

FranktheTank
08-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Sounds like the Cv joint on the outer portion of your axle is going bad.
Swap out the drivers side axle and I think you should be good.

Damien
08-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I actually ended up going to my mechanic and he told me it was the strut. Though while i drive around there's a very faint clicking sound..so in the end I might need to replace everything..=( Thanks for the responses guys..

gunsup0331
08-15-2010, 02:01 PM
ya just replace everything and pray lol

lunchb0xxx
08-15-2010, 05:01 PM
my last hatch had a similar problem, i dont see how a strut would "click" but what happened with me, was the cv Boot actually was torn, im unaware of how long it was torn for... but basically what happened was because the boot was bad it cause lots of dirt/debris to get into the cv joint, thus making it dry and click... replaced the axle it was fine. just get under the car and check the boot see if it is ripped or now

b20sol
08-15-2010, 05:11 PM
a bad strut wont click it might make a popping noise but most will jsut leak the fluid down its side and your axle could have a torn boot but i have seen the axle bad without the boot being torn you would have to test it to see though best way i found to check them is make a sharp left or right turn almost like going in a circle and if youy hear click click click which ever way your turning that side outer cv joint is bad