PDA

View Full Version : creating an account

aztone23
08-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey mods I have been seeing a lot of people create accounts either just posting dumb comments spamming or simply people creating accts just to talk shit well I was thinking maybe for people that make accts now u guys can start requiring more things like for them to put 3 references as in 3 members from azht that can vouche for them as being legit people I just think this would stop a lot of the bs from the site since it all seems to be coming from them

BigCountry
08-22-2010, 10:01 PM
So you want the sign up for this website to be like a job application?

aztone23
08-22-2010, 10:38 PM
I don't see why not? That way we have at least a clue if the people are legit or not

chakaloso_02
08-23-2010, 12:27 AM
could help with thief problems too..

theAngryMarmot
08-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Because Mods do not have enough to do, now we would have to "review" and "verify" applicants? You must not realize that all the Mods and Admins here have lives? Lol.

There have been other forums that attempted this, and it failed horribly. They were nowhere near the size of AZHT either. It is much easier to just deal with the idiots once they start posting.

could help with thief problems too..

I doubt that. I bet a person, thief or not, could find three members here that would "vouch" for him/her just be sending a few emails asking. Nothing also discredits a community or forum like a few false accusations.

I don't see why not? That way we have at least a clue if the people are legit or not

Even if three people vouch, there is no guarantee that the person will be a constructive poster. Like I said above, there have been other forums that attempted this, and it failed.

On a unrelated note, to the OP. Please use some punctuation or paragraph structure to your posts. Your posts give me headaches trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

bumpstick
08-23-2010, 07:29 AM
so azht would never get any new members? genius...

aztone23
08-23-2010, 11:02 PM
It was just a suggestion, and i'd think if someone is really serious about joining this site they wouldn't mind. but I guess paul is right it would take a lot of time for the mods to do all this.

My bad paul, I'm usually on my phone and it's a bit time consuming pressing the alt key. I will try to do so more often just beacause u are one kick ass honey badger wrangler. :wave:

The Punisher
08-25-2010, 02:32 AM
I think they just must know the password.

BigCountry
08-25-2010, 06:31 AM
so azht would never get any new members? genius...
x2.

die in a dick fire noob
08-26-2010, 12:21 PM
so who vouched for chakaloso and aztone?

:)

i like the password idea lol...

CHILL_MF_WILL
08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
so who vouched for chakaloso and aztone?

:)

i like the password idea lol...

Lol I don't think the password idea would work either because it would be like a secret and no one keeps secrets anymore lol. The vouche thing is dumb because it would induce people to continue making new accounts if they continuously get banned because the same people are gonna vouche for them over and over, and no legit new people would be able to join......

nelsmar
08-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Horrible idea. I found this forum by seeing a sticker on someones car, i knew no one here and wouldn't be here today if i had to get someone to "vouch". And people make new accounts to talk shit, they could have people vouch or use the password and make a new account so it really doesn't help.

Its not THAT big of a deal, people just spam for 150 post count