PDA

View Full Version : Flash flood+Hatch...info needed

EGn00by
08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Ok so I wana try and help fix a friends hatch because it's his only way of transportation. In the back of my head i kind of already know it might not be cheap or worth it but ill ask anyways...so he was in Apache Junction a week ago when it rained and his car got put under water, like up to mid windows deep. The info i need help with iiiis....is it fixable? Is any part of the car as far as motor/head, electronics and sensors and what not do you guys think any of that survived water damage? ...im kind of assuming the block is fucked, what about the head though?

Any info would be much appreciated

die in a dick fire noob
08-24-2010, 01:13 PM
was the car running when it happened?

anything in the car CAN get wet if it's not on. as long as it dries it would be fine. if it was running when this happened, motor is hydrolocked full of water along with the trans probably having water in it, as for the electronics when this happens, most of it would be shorted out. you would really need new everything, harness, ecu, fuse boxes, carpet, seats, etc...

if it wasn't on though, you should be able to dry everything and crank the motor over by hand after draining the oil and see if water comes out... more than likely i would just total it.

sikrex23
08-24-2010, 03:35 PM
can't say it any better than that. exactly what I would do.

EGn00by
08-25-2010, 02:16 PM
the retard tried to start it while it was under water....so yeah he's probably just gonna junk it for scrap. thanks.

Sound=vibration
08-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Pics or it didnt happen.....

die in a dick fire noob
08-25-2010, 04:31 PM
^ rofl, no ss no proof.