PDA

View Full Version : 03 civic suspension help

tokico
08-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I just got some new tokico blues and tein springs. I installed the front two perfectly, but i guess i messed up on the rears. When i go over bumps it just makes a weird noise and the struts like pop up through the mount in the trunk. It seems like the struts not mounted right and is like rising up first and not compressing and the back is all slammed. so im guessing i forgot to put something in and was wondering if anyone has ever had the same problem or knows what i did wrong before i go taking the rear struts off again THANKS

MrRline2010
08-31-2010, 04:24 AM
I just got some new tokico blues and tein springs. I installed the front two perfectly, but i guess i messed up on the rears. When i go over bumps it just makes a weird noise and the struts like pop up through the mount in the trunk. It seems like the struts not mounted right and is like rising up first and not compressing and the back is all slammed. so im guessing i forgot to put something in and was wondering if anyone has ever had the same problem or knows what i did wrong before i go taking the rear struts off again THANKS

not sure what it may be to be honest. Just take it apart and reinstall make sure all your bolts are through and the strut is installed properly.

hotwheelcivic
08-31-2010, 06:51 AM

They might be installed right just not enough ride height and when you go over bumps it just bottoms out on the strut. That's what the problem is on my buddies car. He just needs to adjust the ride height.