PDA

View Full Version : Really need help!!

REDREX
09-04-2010, 09:04 PM
im getting really bumed out i bought my s2000 recently and today when i got to a stop light abunch of smoke came out i dunno if its oil or coolant it doesnt evaporate quickly. and only at a stop light/idle it does it. i tried letting it set at idle and it does go away after 30 seconds. what do u guys think it is. its got 110k miles.

fasts2k
09-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Where is the smoke coming from? Under the hood or out the exhaust?

SloRice
09-05-2010, 01:11 AM
trade my civic for it lolproblem solved

Nachooooosupreme
09-05-2010, 07:35 AM
idk but get it to a shop before it dies on you!!!
with such a nice ride i hope your changing/checking all your fluids and shit like that.

REDREX
09-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I Always keep it maintained. It's really weird only at idle. And it comes from the exhaust. But only like 30 seconds. If I raise the rmp it throws more smoke then goes away. I hope it ain't the headgasket, although it don't overheat. I've never worked on k/f series before. I hope it ain't hard

84b18
09-06-2010, 01:42 AM
If you pull off the radiator cap and start it up dose coolant soot out the radiator?

fasts2k
09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
IDK, have you checked your fluids? If it's coming from the exhaust it most likely is either coolant or oil. Can you smell it?

bryan720
09-07-2010, 06:42 AM
what side of town are you on? If your not 2 far from avondale I don't mide taking a look at it.

REDREX
09-07-2010, 04:38 PM
what side of town are you on? If your not 2 far from avondale I don't mide taking a look at it.

Thank you very much for your help, thank you all. I actually live in NM. Well I scanned it at work and got a code p0410 and p0420. I looked it up on alldata and I can't remember exactly wat the codes where but neway i followed procedure on alldata and found that my air pump 60amp fuse was blown and a temp sensor at the bottom of the radiator was broken. I replaced that with a connector I had from a eg, hey it fit! Well all is good now. Thank u all again.

REDREX
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
OMG!! i wanna cry. seriously,,,,,
well from the post above i thought my car was fine, well it aint it still is smokin. ive been doing some research and i think its the valve seals, how much do u guys think it would cost? one bad thing, i dont trust the only honda dealership here in nm where i live. they tried rippin me off beffore. is it something a novice mechanic like me can do?

jdm egizzle 6
09-09-2010, 08:28 AM
i was gonna say valve seals because on f series they go out alot.

REDREX
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
i was gonna say valve seals because on f series they go out alot.
I know there like 5 bucks for the seals, but would u happen to know how much I would have to pay I can take the head off. Would I have to take the head off?

Pendulum
09-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Google found me this, in under 10 seconds.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=168243&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic

Also, look into an English class at your local community college. Not trying to be rude, but honestly I had a hard time reading your posts.

fivesfe
09-13-2010, 11:46 PM
you talk alot without saying much.

what color is the smoke? does it smoke when you first turn it on? or only after a long drive? have you noticed your fluid levels being lower than normal?

fucubic
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
i was going to say valve seals but dang already .. you must be beating the crap out of your car man .

and yes it would be alot easier to take the head off to do that job .
i know you could do it with out taking the head off but its a bitch .

chakaloso_02
09-22-2010, 11:14 PM
first thing..
color of smoke?????????????!!!!!!!!!
white = coolant
black = fuel/gas
blue = oil

figure this out first then we can talk

Mr.Burner
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
My suggestion is bring it to normal opp temp and have a compression test on it just so you know what there at.

Second, pull your oil cap off while the engine is running and see if any smoke exits the valve cover.

Third, wen you see first site of smoke out the tail pipe quickly kill the engine and pull your plugs. You'll have the same smoke come out of whatever cylinder is causing the problem.

Lastly I'd say bring it to may shop cause this is the same method I used on another s2 but your not local.

Hope this helped gl.

REDREX
09-29-2010, 10:23 AM
My suggestion is bring it to normal opp temp and have a compression test on it just so you know what there at.

Second, pull your oil cap off while the engine is running and see if any smoke exits the valve cover.

Third, wen you see first site of smoke out the tail pipe quickly kill the engine and pull your plugs. You'll have the same smoke come out of whatever cylinder is causing the problem.

Lastly I'd say bring it to may shop cause this is the same method I used on another s2 but your not local.

Hope this helped gl.

I'm want it fixed im willing to take it out of town to get it fixed I need someone I can trust. What would u charge for diag.

REDREX
09-29-2010, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=fivesfe;2147553]you talk alot without saying much.

what color is the smoke? does it smoke when you first turn it on? or only after a long drive? have you noticed your fluid levels being lower than normal?[/

Well I see it kind of blue I guess i can say. But the smell is Oil burning I know that for sure. And not when I first turn it on, it has to be warmed up pretty good. I can rev it to about 6500-7 and it won't smoke. I checked the breather hoses cause I thought maybe oil was going threw there but nothing. I only drive it on the weekends but I'll check the level tonight and see if it's below level.

REDREX
09-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Google found me this, in under 10 seconds.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=168243&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic

Also, look into an English class at your local community college. Not trying to be rude, but honestly I had a hard time reading your posts.

Tank u por du link

fasts2k
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
If you need to take it to a shop, Science of Speed is probably where you want to go.