PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for strengthening left arm and Upper body workout Recommmendations. Very novice

MrRline2010
09-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Ok i'm a little bit stumped here. I'm having two issues the first. For some reason my left arm is way weaker than the other. I think i've pinpointed it to my bicept, but it's really hurting me for workouts. Other than regular bicept curls is there anything I can do to help bridge the gap from my left to my right arm during workouts.

Ok now that the prequestion is done and out of the way I was wondering if someone could give me suggestions for a good upper body workout. I've just started lifting weights again within the past two months so I can't do anything off the wall. My bench is only about 145 max right now due to a rotator cuff injury from when i was younger. I'm trying to build up but even at my max I could only do like 225 years ago. Also I workout alone for the most part so I usually don't hav ethe luxury of having a spotter to do negative reps to build up.

bb4arson
09-11-2010, 04:58 PM
check this guys stuff out man just do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheCchftswc

nelsmar
09-11-2010, 05:26 PM
oh man so golden.

Switch hands when you masturbate.

Sorry I Just fucking had to man. But seriously if one arm is behind the other, just match the rep #2's and weight on each arm, after a month or two or three... Your body will heal up and build muscle and it will balance out.

fivesfe
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM
oh man so golden.

Switch hands when you masturbate..

damn, you beat me to it.

azjared
09-13-2010, 12:17 AM
oh man so golden.

Switch hands when you masturbate.

Sorry I Just fucking had to man

damn, you beat me to it.

lmao i only clicked this to see if someone had said it, sorry op back on topic

Fix.it.again.Tony
11-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Stop with the bicep curls all together, do more full push/pull exercises with bodyweight or more and you will see how the secondary muscles (biceps/triceps) will come along nicely as well.

I had the same issues as you because I play racquetball in a league and cuz I prefer beating it with my right hand (lol), my left arm was looking tiny. I did a more balanced weight workout 3-4 times a week and now they look even!

Spec C
11-13-2010, 10:52 AM
If one arm is weaker, you can try and do more unilateral movements(alternating bicep curls, 1 arm preacher curls, seated alternating db curls, incline dumbell curls, etc)

MrRline2010
11-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Honestly i'm getting a lot better with this now. I've made incredible gains in the past couple months.