PDA

View Full Version : More of a tranny clutch problem

4dr_ed3
09-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I have a 90-91 J1 B-series tranny, i purchased a 95 b18b1 long block, it came with preasure plate, clutch and flywheel. i obviously changed the clutch disk because of the shaft diameter, i bolted everything back up using the b1 preasure plate n flywheel because i read that they are all interchangeable except the actual clutch disks. now one i put the motor in and got everything settled i tried to drive it, i turned on the car and pushed the clutch to put inbto gear and it wouldnt let me, first thing i did was make sure the clutch cable was tightened as much as possible and still nothing so i pulled the tranny off to see if maybe i missed something and everything is good, what could be causeing this

hotwheelcivic
09-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Maybe the gears didn't line up. That might even sound stupid, but when I replaced my tranny I got it out of a 03 civic, and I got a 01. I remember making sure the gears were aligned and junk. Other than that... That's what I can maybe help with.

4dr_ed3
09-14-2010, 05:41 PM
huh???? its the same tranny ive been using..... but ne ways i found the issue, for everyone that says that all b series preasure plates are the same you are wrong, i know 90-91 b sewries clutches are thicker and the center piece is smaller idk about 92-93 but 94+ is diff from 90-91