PDA

View Full Version : muscules tired really quick

894ws
09-17-2010, 03:14 PM
ive been working out for about 3 months now. i noticed that my muscules get tired quickly. when im jogging my calfes are killing me but im still not tired. and when im doing chest workouts my pecs get tired quickly than normal. i do stretch before workouts. is there anything that you can take or do to reduce the pain.

AZDC2
09-17-2010, 03:22 PM
are you taking any supplements? like protein? or multi-vitamins?

nelsmar
09-17-2010, 03:57 PM
you should look into a proper creatine cycle to balance your ATP levels.

coast to coast
09-17-2010, 09:33 PM
my boy back home was havin the same issues...if u drink alot of carbonated drinks that kills your muscles energy drinks/soda/beer like nelsmar said creatine is a plus..but one of the recommended things is make sure your taking your vitamins!! and A huge thing with working out is get SLEEP...if u dont sleep then its harder to make gains as time goes bye

Dirt McGirk
09-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Something great for this is a nO2 supplment 30 min before your workout. When you dont have good oxygen getting to your muscles thats when they start to shut dont. I dont like how creatine affects me so I dont really have any comments on that besides the fact that most creatine has nO2 enhancers in it. The only thing is to start gradually because it makes you super shakey.

894ws
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
im not taking any supplements.right now im 6' 235lbs can creatine make you fat if you dont work out alot sorry for newb questions. i dont take any vitamins either and i actually have a really poor diet. usually i only eat once or twice a day and one of those meals is junk. as far as carbonated drinks ive cut down alot i used to drink one or two 44oz pepsi now ill drink one mayb 3 times a week and no beer. and for sleep i usually sleep between 6 to 8 hours a day

bb4arson
09-18-2010, 01:53 AM
^^not enough meals thru your day bro get at least 4 to keep your metabolism going

nelsmar
09-18-2010, 05:32 AM
Creatine does not make you fat, however it does make your muscles swell with water, describe to me why this would be a bad thing *wink*. You retain more water weight but its in your muscles so you swell up like youve gained muscle.

You need to work on eating, quality food, quality carbohydrates. You are starving your muscles. Keep it to whole grain breads etc, and eat lots of quality carbs + lots of quality meat. an easy method is 50% meat, to 50% carbohydrates. Steak and potatoes! You seriously need to be eating all day to grow. As you lift, your muscle mass will go up. As your muscle mass raises, your idle calorie burn increases, so you will consume the extra food you eat. Just make sure you eat quality lean food, dont smother everything in sauces, and buy sugary treats.

n02 is meh, it is there for vascular help mostly, and helps deliver nutrients to your muscle, as well as blood pump. Not ATP / Energy production. Most n02 supplements have caffeine / sugar in them to give you a "BOOST".

coast to coast
09-18-2010, 08:55 AM
i agree with nelsmar about the no2 i have tried many and all they do is make me shaky..ya sure i can see my veins more but makes me wanna puke too haha...u can go anywhere and buy creatine monohydrate i think and just toss it in with your water when you workout..its tasteless and you will def. notice gains with creatine easily...but if you are trying to cut weight i wouldnt take it since it does keep so much water in your muscles.

1 true fact about soda/beer if the avgerage man was to not drink soda/beer for a year and keep the same diet he would lose 12 to 23lbs i think i remember reading in a muscle mag.

894ws
09-18-2010, 09:45 AM
i dont really mind if i dont loose weight thats not my purpose i just dont want to add on a whole bunch of fat. i forgot to add im at 21% bf would like to get down to the 14-16

coast to coast
09-18-2010, 10:09 AM
clean clean diet, no junk food and tons of protein..i could never really drink protein shakes until i found a cheap ass one at walmart it tastes decent and its cheap. like nelsmar said too haha MEAT AND POTATOES. honestly though if you cut back even more on the 44oz sodas and drink water instead you will notice how much better your body feels after working out...44oz of soda 3 times a week thats like 2 gallons of soda...youd be better off drinkin chocolate milk!!

asianricer69
09-18-2010, 10:21 AM
you should try to eat more healthy meals and stay away from the sodas, also try taking omegas and multi vitamins. another thing that helps is protein shakes with some glutamines, it helps with muscle recovery

theres no snow
09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
I'll have to try that, i have the same problems too.

coast to coast
09-18-2010, 06:36 PM
alot of people do not get good gains and results even when they go everyday....its very hard for people to keep a good diet and without a good diet the gym is fairly useless..i learned this the hard way after a yr of working out and nothing until i started to eat better!!

jakellama123
09-18-2010, 09:16 PM
muscles

j-dizzle
09-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah keep the sodas down. If your have to have one, I ean like drink or you will die have a diet. When I go to the store I get like 6 or 7 one gallon jugs of water. I just grab one when I live and they are like 69 cents a peice. Diet is a big thing but I have some friend that still get some results but if you want good results in a shorter period of time change the diet. Oatmeal pb&j, tuna, steak, chicken, wraps, veggies, fruits, protien shakes, just try and eat about every 3 to 4 hours doesn't have to be a lot. Jack3d is a more popular pre-work. I have used it myself and love it.

BigJsaid
09-19-2010, 09:01 AM
let me give you a lil bit of lazy, accurate help:
-i recently read in M&F that stretching BEFORE your workout increases fatigue and increases injury.
-repetitive but, eat well thru out the day. imagine having a high compression car at the the track but running it on 87? your body is running on shitty fuel, so at GO time theres no quality sources to gather energy from.
-we process the sun's rays as vitamin D. vitamin D can increase testosterone. +testosterone=+power. try 1000-2000 IU of vitamin d with breakfast and after lunch.
-having an energy drink before lifting never hurt anyone
-if you're doing low reps and seeing this fatigue, take the weight down until you can do 8-10 reps with good form to build up endurance and incorporate some form of cardio for 20 mins post workout. try that for 15 days then for the other 15 increase the weight so you're at failure on rep 7 or 8 while still maintaining good form and bump up cardio +10mins.

all these brains should put you on the right track to better endurance. good luck:thumbup:

coast to coast
09-19-2010, 09:07 AM
yup its repetitive about diet haha but it cant be stated any better!! i tried that jacked3d shit and i thought i was gonna die way tooo jittery

asianricer69
09-19-2010, 03:38 PM
alot of people do not get good gains and results even when they go everyday....its very hard for people to keep a good diet and without a good diet the gym is fairly useless..i learned this the hard way after a yr of working out and nothing until i started to eat better!!

yeah i was in the same situation, dieting and eating right is so important, also make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep too, thats when muscle recovery really start

Uless
09-19-2010, 04:49 PM
no pain no gain, sounds like you need more water and potassium in your diet.

nelsmar
09-20-2010, 12:38 PM
let me give you a lil bit of lazy, accurate help:
-i recently read in M&F that stretching BEFORE your workout increases fatigue and increases injury.
-repetitive but, eat well thru out the day. imagine having a high compression car at the the track but running it on 87? your body is running on shitty fuel, so at GO time theres no quality sources to gather energy from.
-we process the sun's rays as vitamin D. vitamin D can increase testosterone. +testosterone=+power. try 1000-2000 IU of vitamin d with breakfast and after lunch.
-having an energy drink before lifting never hurt anyone
-if you're doing low reps and seeing this fatigue, take the weight down until you can do 8-10 reps with good form to build up endurance and incorporate some form of cardio for 20 mins post workout. try that for 15 days then for the other 15 increase the weight so you're at failure on rep 7 or 8 while still maintaining good form and bump up cardio +10mins.

all these brains should put you on the right track to better endurance. good luck:thumbup:

not stretching = great way to get hurt, and great way to not push your max weight. Always stretch. That sounds like a load of shit. They are probably talking about improper stretching, this can cause damage, add fatigue etc. I don't like the chemicals in most energy drinks, they are just horrible and make you crash, plus you level out within a few days / weeks, and they dont do anything. Do a straight caffeine supplement cycle, and CUT OFF CAFFEINE ELSE WHERE so you dont become used to it.

Also getting your blood "moving" pre-workout is a good idea, hit 2min warmup on the tredmill and then run 2-5 mins to get that blood pumping. Then hop on the bench and start repping! Helps quite a bit. This is part of the general idea behind Nitric Acid (n02)

and as mentioned by another member, my all time favorite supplement (other than diet/protein) is L-Glutamine, great for healing :)

BigJsaid
09-20-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36553174/

nelsmar
09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36553174/

Every other reputable person / organization in the world said something different than MSNBC, I am going to go with the rest of the scientific data showing that stretching is beneficial. Most of their news is "fluffed" to bring more news that people want to see. I can say first hand, i have experimented with stretching, and not stretching, 4 week on each. Stretching made a major difference in performance. I dont just talk out of my ass, i talk from previous experience. Not quoting MSNBC.

quote:
"Traditional stretches, like when people bend over to touch their toes or stretch their legs on a fence, often cause the muscles to tighten rather than relax — exactly the opposite of what is needed for physical activity."

Also they mention traditional stretches like touching toes, not all stretching.

edit: not to be an ass, but how much time do you spend in a gym each night?

coast to coast
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
hahahah i think ste\retching actually promotes muscle gains....look and read bodybuilding.com they have alot of very useful info on there for stretching and different types of excercises..i have NEVER EVER heard stretching wasnt..that would only cause injuries

die in a dick fire noob
09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
if you guys read it says "static streches" which is like nelsmar pointed out, touching your toes, leg on the fence, etc.

most trainers will tell you it's a good idea to get blood flowing and get your heart rate going before you begin any exercise, this article just states that it's better to do this then to go straight into a static stretch. you should still stretch but do it by an activity, not just going from nothing to straight stretching like crazy. for those of you who have said you've never heard that before, that's because this is a new study, science does this thing where it continues to grow and change, weird i know.

muscle fatigue has many causes as pointed out in this thread. someone said not enough water or potassium in your diet, i'm leaning towards that one myself.

BigJsaid
09-22-2010, 04:00 AM
Every other reputable person / organization in the world said something different than MSNBC, I am going to go with the rest of the scientific data showing that stretching is beneficial. Most of their news is "fluffed" to bring more news that people want to see. I can say first hand, i have experimented with stretching, and not stretching, 4 week on each. Stretching made a major difference in performance. I dont just talk out of my ass, i talk from previous experience. Not quoting MSNBC.

quote:
"Traditional stretches, like when people bend over to touch their toes or stretch their legs on a fence, often cause the muscles to tighten rather than relax — exactly the opposite of what is needed for physical activity."

Also they mention traditional stretches like touching toes, not all stretching.

edit: not to be an ass, but how much time do you spend in a gym each night?
well it varies from person to person guy.. cuz im far from talking out of my ass too..
im not a fan of stretching. maybe a lil dynamic stretching to get the blood flowing. but directly after i go into low weight high rep. thats how i stretch n get my ligaments ready. im in the gym atleast 3x a week for 2 hrs a pop. im not doing barely there muscle lifts either. im reppin 225 maxin bout 290 on the bench. my squat & deadlift #'s are above 300. i've never seen an injury from high weight dumbell, barbell or kettlebell workouts. plus im actively involved with parkour.
we can workout together one day and you can see if you can keep up. yesterday i made my friend puke cuz he couldn't keep up and guess what? he got a lengthy stretch in before the lifts.

if you guys read it says "static streches" which is like nelsmar pointed out, touching your toes, leg on the fence, etc.

most trainers will tell you it's a good idea to get blood flowing and get your heart rate going before you begin any exercise, this article just states that it's better to do this then to go straight into a static stretch. you should still stretch but do it by an activity, not just going from nothing to straight stretching like crazy. for those of you who have said you've never heard that before, that's because this is a new study, science does this thing where it continues to grow and change, weird i know.

muscle fatigue has many causes as pointed out in this thread. someone said not enough water or potassium in your diet, i'm leaning towards that one myself.
thanks for understanding the article at something more than face value. i was offering scientifically backed advice.

bottom line: you (OP) definitely has a vitamin deficiency some where in your daily diet. im not condoning an absolute beginner not stretching before heavy weight but then again an absolute beginner wouldn't be any where near a high weight. like i said before stick to endurance exercise. try fitting more quinoa, grains, fruits, greens, fish and pasta in your diet and you should see an exponential increase in your endurance

894ws
09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
^ ill give that a try, also try a few small meals see if it helps

Random Names From Hell
10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
jack3d at gnc trust me

berny2435
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
jack3d at gnc trust me

interesting. not a bad price either.

What about "Force Factor" for that nitric oxide boost?

bb4arson
01-07-2011, 05:16 PM
interesting. not a bad price either.

What about "Force Factor" for that nitric oxide boost?

hemorage ultra concentrate alot better than jacked :bigsmile:

krazyblurtz
01-18-2011, 01:10 AM
hemorage ultra concentrate alot better than jacked :bigsmile:

I'm getting tired of the "super de dooper primal beast rage XXXTREMEEEE" blown out of proportion, overhyped and misleading names they are getting away with in this industry....so so tired :sleep:

Nobody needs supplements to push like the gym rats do(unless they're roiders).

You're either lacking calories/sleep, or not going past your real threshold...A spotter would be great for this! (how's your breathing technique?!?)

If you drink sodas or take anything else thats poison...STOP.

Oh and of course, lacking carbs is one of the most common problems for newbies that aren't gaining

------------

I'm gonna take my own advice and try to sleep, EAT BIG/LIFT BIG/SLEEP BIG = get big .

HondaFreak
01-18-2011, 04:22 AM
Fuck dude, I just barely bought a 5 lb tub of super de dooper primal beast rage XXXTREMEEEE yesterday.

die in a dick fire noob
01-18-2011, 10:41 AM
i'd like to point out in this thread that most people don't eat properly when they try to bulk. nelsmar hit it briefly but i'd like to add that a potato is not a "good" carbohydrate. i wouldn't touch them if you don't plan to do huge amounts of exercise, i'm talking cardio not just lifting.

also check labels, if you're WHOLE GRAIN bread has 3g of dietary fiber, it's not whole grain bread. you should have at least 6g in a slice of bread for it to be actual good whole grain. complex carbs like fruits will also give you more energy. what i eat in the morning before my workout is some flax seed pancake substitutes and an apple maybe a little bit of peanut butter for some taste (less than one tablespoon). this gives me enough energy to complete a 30 minute cardio/strength intensive workout and then go to work. i'll drink a protein shake afterwards to hold me off until 1pm when i get lunch. this has been working for me. but then again i eat less than 50 carbs a day and i'm not trying to get my uber super duper ginormous swell on. i've been mostly cutting weight to get lean. so obviously in the morning you could afford some more protein and more carbohydrates but stick with the good ones, like fruit and vegetables.

pierreb2281
01-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Im pretty strong for 5'11 @200lbs with a bench of 315 for 5 and can run a mile in 6min but i dont take to many supplements cause it ruins your body natural production of nutrients. In order to be fast, strong, big and stay that way is to have balance in ingedients. If you take creatine take something to help it absorb into your system and then remember to drink lots of water or you will cramp starting with calfs and then hands and etc. but creatine is a pre workout drink. remember to take a protien shake but it has to be the one for you not for me. whey protien is pure and will feed your muscles but will not help you get bigger but weight gainers will make you fat if you dont workout. and as for your cramping you need more water cause your dehydrated try to stay away from creatine soda or concentrated juices.

bb4arson
01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm getting tired of the "super de dooper primal beast rage XXXTREMEEEE" blown out of proportion, overhyped and misleading names they are getting away with in this industry....so so tired :sleep:

Nobody needs supplements to push like the gym rats do(unless they're roiders).

You're either lacking calories/sleep, or not going past your real threshold...A spotter would be great for this! (how's your breathing technique?!?)

If you drink sodas or take anything else thats poison...STOP.

Oh and of course, lacking carbs is one of the most common problems for newbies that aren't gaining

------------

I'm gonna take my own advice and try to sleep, EAT BIG/LIFT BIG/SLEEP BIG = get big .

duh no one really need supps. but they do help .on top of the proper diet.

not lacking on any of those but .. it feels good getting a pump and energy .

and i breath really good ,practiced breathing

robinsonbarba
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
MUSCLE MILK!! that shit works awesome.. i go work out and then drink a serving of that and my muscles feel less sore quick..

fivesfe
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
i know if i go out drinking the night before, i am alot weaker at the gym. even if i stay very hydrated.

also if i dont eat very well that day, the gym is a waste of time for me, ill get tired then frustraded then give up.

bb4arson
01-24-2011, 12:35 AM
i know if i go out drinking the night before, i am alot weaker at the gym. even if i stay very hydrated.

also if i dont eat very well that day, the gym is a waste of time for me, ill get tired then frustraded then give up.

alcohol lowers your testosterone

berny2435
01-25-2011, 08:58 AM
No wonder so many guys at the bar have bitch tits.. .

die in a dick fire noob
01-25-2011, 09:03 AM

alcohol is terrible for you period.

if you want to be in shape i'd avoid it like the plague. but i know it's hard, i drank 6 mgd 64's 2 nights back :\

Nachooooosupreme
01-25-2011, 09:05 AM

:you rock: