PDA

View Full Version : Arroyo Seco Raceway Event Akela, NM Track/Drag Day all day Jan/Feb 2011

Deviousjet
09-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Seeing as there is nothing to do here in town Honda wise besides cruises and going to the drags. It's something that I've been wanting to see for a while and hopefully this will gain enough popularity and support to get some people out to become a little more involved in Honda's and also show the area that Honda people do drive their cars just as hard as the other brand owner. I'm going to attempt to make this a regional event. Meaning I'm extending the invite to people from all Over NM, AZ, CO, and EL PASO!!!! This is going to be a full on event no car show. This is for the peeps that want to drive their cars and compete for bragging rights and trophies depending on how big this event gets. The idea has been set this is a Honda only day. So this going through would make a start for an annual event and hopefully get it to compete with the big events out west. Roger has agreed to get this event going and if I can get enough Entries that are definitely coming we will set a date in stone.

My idea is

Track Day at Arroyo Seco Raceway: All day 8-5 pm
$50 Race all day (this price is set if we have 25 entrants)

Drag Races on the Track at 5 pm to about 10 pm.
( I will talk to roger on this part of it) Thinking about $25-$30 But I will confirm) I'll try to get a price for both events together here)

If this idea does progress somewhere we are going to require advance registration with payment. I have done too many events and seen that people's word on attendance is worth nothing. So know this before agreeing on the idea. I will put in the hours to get this event going but definitely not so 5 people will attend

What I need from You.
Post up that you'd like this idea to come to Arroyo Seco, and that you will attend and contribute to the event. Also let me know what exactly you would like to compete in Track Day,Drag Race or both.

Any questions feel free to PM me And I'll try my best to get you an answer.

Thanks.

Deviousjet
09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Bumpage

Stock
10-01-2010, 03:53 PM
In for this.

Agent Smith
10-02-2010, 11:45 AM
what date?

SlowCivicHmm
11-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I might be in depending on local track events...

I work for ProAutoSports, and I know most of the honda guys here are loyal and regulars at every NASA event in town.........so if it conflicts attendance might be low

I'm in for this...or I'll attempt to go....I'll barrow a trailer and camp out fuk it......

Agent Smith
11-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I might be in depending on local track events...

I work for ProAutoSports, and I know most of the honda guys here are loyal and regulars at every NASA event in town.........so if it conflicts attendance might be low

I'm in for this...or I'll attempt to go....I'll barrow a trailer and camp out fuk it......

we need to know a date, I gotta request off work etc.

Joser, so long as it's not on an proauto event we have to go! I'll bring the new dd with the track wheels and tires :grin:

SlowCivicHmm
11-11-2010, 11:41 PM
^^^ down...

Found an 03 Silverado 2500 Krew Kab for $6k.......110k miles.....looking @ her manana....we'll see...LOL

Audi might get parked SON!!!! I'll get Hurley to loan me the trailer and we'll tow up to this event!!!!

crxhfb16
11-12-2010, 06:20 AM
i need a tow rig also so i can start going to these things.