PDA

View Full Version : mini me swap problems

surferjohn623
10-03-2010, 10:27 AM
so i have a 2000 y7 coupe that i put a y8 head and mani on last night and the throttle cable from the y7 wont work and im having some connection problems. the other question is should i get the obd1 wire harness ? im new to this build and i realy could use some tips and pointers. the block and mani are on now i just need help with connections and throttle cable

ILIKETODRIVE
10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
so i have a 2000 y7 coupe that i put a y8 head and mani on last night and the throttle cable from the y7 wont work and im having some connection problems. the other question is should i get the obd1 wire harness ? im new to this build and i realy could use some tips and pointers. the block and mani are on now i just need help with connections and throttle cable

You have an OBD2 engine in an OBD2 car that you swapped an OBD2 head onto. Why would you think that you would need an OBD1 engine harness?

As far as I remember, you need to do something with the IAC connector because the Y7 IAC and Y8 IAC are different. Also, you need to get a throttle cable from a 1996-2000 Civic EX (they came with the Y8).

bigballsmagerki
10-06-2010, 03:57 PM
or just make your own brackets for the throttle calbe to work. And you mentions the iac mod. You have the get a plug and convert the 3 wire iac plug to a 2 wire plug.

the only other think left is wiring in vtec. You need the plugs for that as well or just cut and re-connect.

Also, im hoping you removed the oil passage plug from your block so vtec even works.

ILIKETODRIVE
10-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Also, im hoping you removed the oil passage plug from your block so vtec even works.

Hopefully, lol.