PDA

View Full Version : swaps

buddylee602
10-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Haven't posted on here in a long time. I tried using the search function to get info on swaps and it the function never completes, just takes me a blank page, in case any site admins read this. I'm trying to weigh a few options I have. Something I have always wanted to do is find a nice clean civic coupe and do a swap, probably one of the B16 engines. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction for shops in the Phoenix area, pricing, suggestions...any information would be great. I've been out of the scene for several years now. Last car I had was a 98 Prelude with a full Greddy turbo kit on it...man I miss that car. So I appreciate any help and guidance. Thanks!

1995turbocoupe
10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
well i got my jdm motor from akina motorsports they are really kool guys, also import power house does good ive also heard some things about hmo or h motors online alot of people go with these guys pricing that all depends on what b16 motor you want the b16a,b16b,b16a2 so on and so forth

buddylee602
10-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I sent an email to Akina for some more info. Thanks!

onefst91hatch
10-22-2010, 11:23 AM
one of my customers had a really bad experience with akina motorsports. basicly they over charged him for a swap that didnt have the stuff it was supposed to and then once he put it in his car he fired it up and it was knocking like all hell. so i tore it apart and it had 3 spun bearings. so i would be very cautious with them. not bashing them or thier shop just saying i know someone who had a bad experience.

but i can get you swaps and do the labor. probly cheapest prices in town. pm me for more info.