PDA

View Full Version : which box is better... if i have my top off

lancerman17
10-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I got a del sol and i want to put a box in the cab not the trunk. i know closed is better for cars and open for suvs, but what if i have my top off? i ride with it off alot, so this is confusing, and of course i wanna bump with the top off. im lookin at gettin 2 12inch p3s or 2 12 inch square kickers...
any help?

the_serg
10-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Well I personally would go with a closed enclousre, but I heard kickers work well with ported enclosures. do some research to see which subs work best with which box. I dont think it would matter if you had your top on or off, they are still going to pound (depending on the amp you get). Just get a big mono block amp.

lancerman17
10-27-2010, 05:23 PM
hmmm thanks

VTECin5th
10-28-2010, 03:28 PM
You're not going to have much room to bounce soundwaves off if you're missing the top. Try to angle the speakers downward, or the airflow of the speakers. Let them bounce of the seats and floor instead of porting upward. If you can get a front vent, ported box, aim that angled, air down, and see if sounds good. I can't make the call between sealed or not... but I know you don't have much room.

lancerman17
10-28-2010, 07:32 PM
hmm well both subs willl be directly behind the seats and they will be at a perfect vertical angle

98dc2
11-01-2010, 04:12 AM
do the soloberic l7 12's and a closed box and a mono block amp, shit will pound

lancerman17
11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
hmmm sounds like a winner

dudeinpinkfit
11-02-2010, 06:55 AM
it depends on the music u listen to. if u listen to rock alternative then sealed because the bass notes hit quick. if you listen to rap hiphop a ported box is better because it holds the bass note a little bit. in my bros truck he has 3 15" 7500 mtx in a vented box and 4 of the mtx 10" shallow mount in a sealed box so he gets the best of both worlds...

casto27
11-22-2010, 01:03 PM
it depends on the music u listen to. if u listen to rock alternative then sealed because the bass notes hit quick. if you listen to rap hiphop a ported box is better because it holds the bass note a little bit. in my bros truck he has 3 15" 7500 mtx in a vented box and 4 of the mtx 10" shallow mount in a sealed box so he gets the best of both worlds...

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/casto27/0216091647.jpg

Yes I do and it pounds

Nachooooosupreme
11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
^ winner lol

dudeinpinkfit
11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
it does sound sick... totally shakes ur face... can NO JOKE hear it a half mile away.

casto27
11-24-2010, 02:04 AM
what can i say... i like that bass that shake yo face.

DarkTinman
11-25-2010, 01:14 PM

Yes I do and it pounds

Nice setup. I can see it looks like you sound deadened the floor. Probably more but that's all i can see.

As for this question in the post, honestly, i would say ported if you want it to be loud. Not ported can be loud but really it more clean then anything. But again, there isn't that much of a difference depending on what your getting. I would say go with the p3's just because i HATE kickers. It's all up to you but yeah.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
11-27-2010, 06:54 PM

Yes I do and it pounds

Not to be a dick but that's alittle overboard. How many watts are you pushing.

dudeinpinkfit
11-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Not to be a dick but that's alittle overboard. How many watts are you pushing.

:this-guy:

Wow really...? why dont u put your 2 cents in another thread... someone asked a question and we triedto help answer it. stereos are something we are interested in just like people are interested in making their cars jdm... or fast... or time attack... or for shows... u could say that about anyones hobby... "oh u went a little overboard putting that turbo on ur car" or "those wheels look way too big" or "ur car is way too low is that even functional"

if u really want to know why we had that truck was because we own a stereo business and anytime people listened to that then they would want theirs to sound just like it. just like a performance shop makes a race car or an off road shop has huge lifted truck with its wheel on a rock showing the articulation...

its people like u that this site has the rep it does... instead of saying "wow thats over board"... just dont say anything... everyone has their own style... maybe if u really were a car enthusiiast u would appreciate what would people do even if it wasnt something u would do yourself... and i bet if u went to the sema show you would nit pick very little thing...

next time think before u talk!

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
11-27-2010, 07:49 PM
:this-guy:

Wow really...? why dont u put your 2 cents in another thread... someone asked a question and we triedto help answer it. stereos are something we are interested in just like people are interested in making their cars jdm... or fast... or time attack... or for shows... u could say that about anyones hobby... "oh u went a little overboard putting that turbo on ur car" or "those wheels look way too big" or "ur car is way too low is that even functional"

if u really want to know why we had that truck was because we own a stereo business and anytime people listened to that then they would want theirs to sound just like it. just like a performance shop makes a race car or an off road shop has huge lifted truck with its wheel on a rock showing the articulation...

its people like u that this site has the rep it does... instead of saying "wow thats over board"... just dont say anything... everyone has their own style... maybe if u really were a car enthusiiast u would appreciate what would people do even if it wasnt something u would do yourself... and i bet if u went to the sema show you would nit pick very little thing...

next time think before u talk!

Ya its people like me that make this site shit, listen to what you just said, your crying like a little bitch. Ill you had to say was this is a shop set up, also smart guy you want me to start nit picking I will.

Also what shop are you with.

casto27
11-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Wow... ur a cool guy delsol type r... nit pick at what? Post a pic of ur system in another thread so we can nit pick ur weak sol. U can't read or what ??? the name of this thread is what box is better with his top off... hooked on phonics didnt work for this kid

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
11-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Wow... ur a cool guy delsol type r... nit pick at what? Post a pic of ur system in another thread so we can nit pick ur weak sol. U can't read or what ??? the name of this thread is what box is better with his top off... hooked on phonics didnt work for this kid

Yes I can read. Um wait do you own a del sol too. Have you done a sytem in one.. ya that's me being a cool guy. And yes I did read that, but un till you own a delsol you will learn more about spacing. Im not going to take the time to look for picks. You and your boy friend get but hurt to fuckin easy, also how many watts what dec. Are yiu hitting

casto27
11-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Great come back you got me good with that boyfriend joke... cant get anything by you d sol ur a genius. And i have put a system in a del sol and done an interior job on a red sol roaming the streets.I totaly understand that the kid that started the thread wouldnt put over 3000watts rms in his sol... but d sol you chose ur ride...sooo STOP complaining about space. Now ima take my boyfriend and i to another thread with less violence.. keep the peace

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
11-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Great come back you got me good with that boyfriend joke... cant get anything by you d sol ur a genius. And i have put a system in a del sol and done an interior job on a red sol roaming the streets.I totaly understand that the kid that started the thread wouldnt put over 3000watts rms in his sol... but d sol you chose ur ride...sooo STOP complaining about space. Now ima take my boyfriend and i to another thread with less violence.. keep the peace

My sol is also a race car so no system. And I made a coment your friend is the you who started the arguement. I was making a point abiut him wanting to stuff 2 12 in a car that has no room. Also still never said how much power or dec..

casto27
11-28-2010, 10:51 AM
My sol is also a race car so no system. And I made a coment your friend is the you who started the arguement. I was making a point abiut him wanting to stuff 2 12 in a car that has no room. Also still never said how much power or dec..

Im not sure how many db's this system hits, but the 2 12's i had before was hitting high 150's -low 160's db depending on the song... this system is much louder and i have a much better understanding of what my current box can do and what its tuned to. ive got 2 mtx class d amps each 1500rms at 2ohms and the elite big 4ch 1000watt at 4 ohm for the mids and tweets.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/casto27/IMG_1015.jpg

dudeinpinkfit
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM

wow ur heavy sol is a race car???

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Im not sure how many db's this system hits, but the 2 12's i had before was hitting high 150's -low 160's db depending on the song... this system is much louder and i have a much better understanding of what my current box can do and what its tuned to. ive got 2 mtx class d amps each 1500rms at 2ohms and the elite big 4ch 1000watt at 4 ohm for the mids and tweets.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/casto27/IMG_1015.jpg

Nice my last set up was 2 12 pioneers with 4000 wats to each of them hit some were around 158-163

wow ur heavy sol is a race car???

Not yet.. and they are not as heavy as you think.

casto27
11-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice setup u had

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Nice setup u had

Thanks for changing what you said, but it doesn't have an engine. I pulled the itr and am building an f20b.

USMC GORDON
12-24-2010, 12:17 PM
A friend of mine had a del sol with them in the cab and they sounded GREAT! and they looked good behind the seats. he basicalled removed both those compartments and built the box.

BOOSTED_DADDY
12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
I got a del sol and i want to put a box in the cab not the trunk. i know closed is better for cars and open for suvs, but what if i have my top off? i ride with it off alot, so this is confusing, and of course i wanna bump with the top off. im lookin at gettin 2 12inch p3s or 2 12 inch square kickers...
any help?

well for kickers ported and rf go sealed the down fall to ported is the box is normally almost twice as big and it has to be perfect or the subs sound like butt. sealed is easier and smaller. and the top onor off doesnt really make a diffewrence i just installed a 12 in a vette convertable and sounds amazing top up and down

Sound=vibration
12-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice my last set up was 2 12 pioneers with 4000 wats to each of them hit some were around 158-163

Not yet.. and they are not as heavy as you think.

lol.. must have been a shitty meter. I compete in car audio and a trie 160 on a termlab mic is very difficult on music. I have a mic and will meter any car you bing an i gairantee two 12s are not doing 160s on music

Sound=vibration
12-25-2010, 07:18 PM
If anyone here wants a good setip in a delsleezy behind thier seats or in the trunk pm me i do custom enclosure and can give you good acurate info.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
12-25-2010, 08:11 PM
lol.. must have been a shitty meter. I compete in car audio and a trie 160 on a termlab mic is very difficult on music. I have a mic and will meter any car you bing an i gairantee two 12s are not doing 160s on music

I guess, I have seen a few 12s hit that high. But that was a while ago, what do you charge on making a box.

Sound=vibration
12-26-2010, 11:26 PM
I guess, I have seen a few 12s hit that high. But that was a while ago, what do you charge on making a box.

old meters. audiocontrol most likely. They were way off and had to be calibrated...160 trust me make you feel like vomiting. people with multiple 18s and 20k rms wont break 60s...boxes start at 80 just depends on what you want.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
12-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Could be, its been awile sence it has been hooked up. Pming you about box.

auex
12-28-2010, 08:39 PM
I have a mic and will meter any car you bing an i gairantee two 12s are not doing 160s on music

It would be hard to hit that with a good burp with 2 12's let alone with just music.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Well that's around were it hit, he could be right it may have been a shitty mic. Idk an 8k watt stem in a car???????