PDA

View Full Version : Dieting/weight loss and cardio tips?

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
10-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Okay so im tired of being fat, its effecting how i wanna be more than ever, racing is my life and lately ive been coming up 2nd, 3rd, etc DUE to my size and my lack of cardio, i burn out to quick and i cant hold on as good with how fast im getting now. Ive never liked looking in the mirror and seeing a huge stomach but WTF can i do you know, i love food and i was never much into working out.

So basicly im 5'9 or so and aroudn 210-220, i know im not huge, i dont look huge, but im disgusted with myself now.

Basic goals:
Get myself below 200 within the next couple of weeks to month
Build up my cardio so i can start winning more races next year and hopefully get noticed by a factory that might pick me up
Get myself looking sexier
Eat better

Right now im unemployeed so i cant buy p90x or this or that, but i do have a ton of spare time. Also i dont have access to a pool or a gym (closest gym is 45 miles or so). I do have a mountain bike, camelpak(s) and i know the basics to dieting and building cardio.

So far what im doing is this...

Today i biked 2-3 miles alot of uphill
then did a cooldown walk/jog about a quarter mile

Tommorow i start eating half what i normally do and slowly try to cut out the stuff that isnt so good.

I plan on biking or jogging or running or a combination of those 4-5 days a week upwards of 5 miles. Then 1 day of rest and another day or 2 of riding my quad to keep myself fresh, maybe hit the MX track for a good workout.

tips, suggestions, everything is welcome.

this is where im at right now...

5'9 210 38 inch waist and large shirt

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs002.ash2/33478_10150272017350005_656485004_14981346_1767738 _n.jpg

Medina
10-24-2010, 09:07 PM
count your calories try to eat about 2000 calories a day and eliminate soda, your body (at your weight) needs about 3000 calories to maintain your weight and 3500 calories = a pound

so 2000 calories/day in a month = 60000 instead of the 90000 you would need to maintain your weight

in a month you would lose about 8.5Lbs

I wouldn't recommend eating less than 2000 cals per day since you will start feeling weak and light headed.....

10-24-2010, 09:09 PM
count your calories try to eat about 2000 calories a day and eliminate soda, your body (at your weight) needs about 3000 calories to maintain your weight and 3500 calories = a pound

so 2000 calories/day in a month = 60000 instead of the 90000 you would need to maintain your weight

in a month you would lose about 8.5Lbs

I wouldn't recommend eating less than 2000 cals per day since you will start feeling week and light headed.....
come over and count them calories for me baby

:031:

Medina
10-24-2010, 09:17 PM
I went from 6'0" 220lbs to 172lbs in about 8 months. you can do all the cardio you want but if you still eat fattening food it wont do you any good! also drink lots and lots of water.

bb4arson
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I went from 6'0" 220lbs to 172lbs in about 8 months. you can do all the cardio you want but if you still eat fattening food it wont do you any good! also drink lots and lots of water.

yup....

it is always recommend to eat 500 cals less at first . dont starve your self either .

5 small meals thru your day stop eating candy and chips.

low carbs , and if you do eat carbs get whole grains.

HondaFreak
10-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Gawd you're sexy with that gun on your hip!

j-dizzle
10-24-2010, 10:50 PM
A lot of people pass up the easy cardio things. Like one of the most basic is a jumping jack. Look up some core work outs the are simple most of the time you don't need much of anything and when you do its like bands or dumb bells.

10-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Gawd you're sexy with that gun on your hip!
:kiss:

thanks for all the tips guys, i drink alot of water as it is, always have, probably a gallon and a half a day id say. I gotta stop with the soda, its usually a can a day. And the chips will be hard to get off aswell.

10-30-2010, 09:01 PM
question! anyone know how many calories i need to burn per daily work out in order to lose the most weight? with a 2k calorie a day intake.

gunsup0331
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
the fast way would be cardio and reduction of carb and sugars intake. Make it a conscious decision whenever you go to eat/drink something.

or you could just join the Marine Corps. I saw doods in boot drop 50lbs

10-31-2010, 12:11 AM
the fast way would be cardio and reduction of carb and sugars intake. Make it a conscious decision whenever you go to eat/drink something.

or you could just join the Marine Corps. I saw doods in boot drop 50lbs
i cant join any branch of the military, disqualifying condition.

ive been eating mainly cereal, plain, no sugars added, mashed potatoes, toast, spaghetti, egg whites and bacon with toast, ive cut out ALMOST all soda, and im working on some other things.

Its a bit tough because i dont do salads, and when we travel to races we eat fast food usually 2-3 times during the course of a 2--3 day weekend, so i cant eat a salad at a restaurant, ill just throw up because it tastes disgusting to me. And today ill be at the cardinals game which ill cheat at a little bit. But im trying my best to compensate.

Ive been biking at least 3 miles per day, and the past 2 days ive done 8 miles then 6 miles respectively. My distance is getting further after each day i let my body rest.

Nachooooosupreme
10-31-2010, 12:49 AM
i ride the bike at golds for 10-20 minutes for the cardio. you already know you need to watch your calorie intake cuz you obviously wanna burn as much as you can with a minimal intake. good luck and stay away from your favorite breakfast til you get to the weight you want :)

bb4arson
10-31-2010, 03:16 AM
eat some chicken breasts

shit man i usually eay cereal in the morning usually honey bunches

eat a ham cheese and mayo sanwich with a multi vitiman and half a protien bar

than late on eat a peanut butter sandwich and the rest of the protien bar with a casien protien shake

and when i get off work which is usually 5 o clock so i get home at 6 pm i make a chicken breast and than go to the gym

get off from the gym than eat some carbs

Spec C
10-31-2010, 09:41 AM
eat some chicken breasts

than late on eat a peanut butter sandwich and the rest of the protien bar with a casien protien shake

and when i get off work which is usually 5 o clock so i get home at 6 pm i make a chicken breast and than go to the gym

That is an oddly structured diet, with some interesting food choices.

Can you elaborate on the rational about your food choices, and nutrient timing?

the_serg
10-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Bro I know you said you didnt have the money for P90X but go on craigs you can can find it there cheap. My firend got it and he used to weigh about in the 250 range and 3 months later he weighs now in the 210 range!

10-31-2010, 10:10 PM
eat some chicken breasts

im not looking at bulking up at all really, im cutting, im pretty strong for a fat guy, so i know there is muscle under the fat. I just wanna expose it and get my cardio up.

Main reason...

I race quads, im on the podium ALOT in the pro-am class but never in 1st, i rarely get a first place, mainly because the guy in 2nd and/or 1st can hold a quicker pace than me for alot longer. I can keep up with anyone in my class for a lap or two, or an hour or more in a LONG race. But then i start to slow down, my cardio just ISNT there. Next season im going to switch organizations and race with people almost twice as fast, and alot of them have factory rides so all they gotta do is ride, race, and train, paid to do all that. And i wanna keep up if not beat them.

Secondary reason, my dating life SUCKS ass, and no matter how much someone says they arent shallow, there isnt a biography on me floating above my head, so if she is attracted to me its off looks. I dont like looking at me so why would some chick?

MannyaK
10-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Or you could just join the marine corps. I saw doods in boot drop 50lbs

fuck yes!!!!

intel
11-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Secondary reason, my dating life SUCKS ass, and no matter how much someone says they arent shallow, there isnt a biography on me floating above my head, so if she is attracted to me its off looks. I dont like looking at me so why would some chick?

ololololol dating shallow chicks is DEFINITELY the best part about it! Whahahhahahaahh

HondaFreak
11-01-2010, 03:23 AM

Is your hand your girlfriend?

Spec C
11-01-2010, 04:50 AM
im not looking at bulking up at all really, im cutting, im pretty strong for a fat guy, so i know there is muscle under the fat. I just wanna expose it and get my cardio up.

Main reason...

I race quads, im on the podium ALOT in the pro-am class but never in 1st, i rarely get a first place, mainly because the guy in 2nd and/or 1st can hold a quicker pace than me for alot longer. I can keep up with anyone in my class for a lap or two, or an hour or more in a LONG race. But then i start to slow down, my cardio just ISNT there. Next season im going to switch organizations and race with people almost twice as fast, and alot of them have factory rides so all they gotta do is ride, race, and train, paid to do all that. And i wanna keep up if not beat them.

You are just dragging out the process by eating like you do above.

If you followed a strict, PROPERLY STRUCTURED diet you could be in shape, in fairly short order. I would guess 8 weeks, you should easily be down over 20+lbs(maybe more like 25-30), since you are a fairly high BF%, baring you have no underlying thyroid, or other metabolic issues.

I had my brother from about 255, to the mid 190's, in just over 2 months.

I would be willing to help you with a diet plan, but the question is, would it be a big waste of time? Or would you actually sack up, and follow it?

javio24
11-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Sounds like your off to a good start...

remember you didnt get to be "overweight" in a month so dont expect to get "fit and lean" in a month...

it takes time and commitment, so stay on it and stay positive the change will happen.

JDM-YML
11-01-2010, 08:56 AM
You are just dragging out the process by eating like you do above.

If you followed a strict, PROPERLY STRUCTURED diet you could be in shape, in fairly short order. I would guess 8 weeks, you should easily be down over 20+lbs(maybe more like 25-30), since you are a fairly high BF%, baring you have no underlying thyroid, or other metabolic issues.

I had my brother from about 255, to the mid 190's, in just over 2 months.

I would be willing to help you with a diet plan, but the question is, would it be a big waste of time? Or would you actually sack up, and follow it?

I want a diet plan

Spec C
11-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I want a diet plan
Honestly, this is a very solid meal plan.
http://scivation.com/books/chadiet.htm

Just figure out what where your starting calories should be, and they lay it all out for you, in a fairly easy to follow fashion.

Really the key with dieting is consistency, not only in food portions/macros, but day to day.

If you are not accurately tracking your food intake(calories), it becomes hard when you stall, to know what to remove, how much to remove, etc. Also if you are not making the desired progress, it is hard to figure out WHY.

Same with cardio. If someone is calculating your calories fro example, with 3 x 30 min carido sessions a week, and you are not doing them consistently, it is difficult to know how much cardio to add, as progress slows.

Have you ever been on a low carb diet?

JDM-YML
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Honestly, this is a very solid meal plan.
http://scivation.com/books/chadiet.htm

Just figure out what where your starting calories should be, and they lay it all out for you, in a fairly easy to follow fashion.

Really the key with dieting is consistency, not only in food portions/macros, but day to day.

If you are not accurately tracking your food intake(calories), it becomes hard when you stall, to know what to remove, how much to remove, etc. Also if you are not making the desired progress, it is hard to figure out WHY.

Same with cardio. If someone is calculating your calories fro example, with 3 x 30 min carido sessions a week, and you are not doing them consistently, it is difficult to know how much cardio to add, as progress slows.

Have you ever been on a low carb diet?

No I have not, im 18 and every1 tells me since im young it should be fairly easy too loose weight but the thing is I dont get dedicated because i have no plan since i change it everyday

Spec C
11-01-2010, 11:24 AM
No I have not, im 18 and every1 tells me since im young it should be fairly easy too loose weight but the thing is I dont get dedicated because i have no plan since i change it everyday
What is your current height and weight?

JDM-YML
11-01-2010, 06:44 PM
What is your current height and weight?

5'8 190 pounds

11-01-2010, 09:10 PM
5'8 190 pounds
you dont need much of a diet, im an inch taller and 20 pounds heavier, 25 in fact.

phxz6
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
The main thing is your diet like everyone said, the second cardio. Also the more muscle your body has the faster your metabolism will be. But dont eat salads or starve yourself, because you will end up snaking the whole day since you will be hungry.

JDM-YML
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
you dont need much of a diet, im an inch taller and 20 pounds heavier, 25 in fact.

I just don't want to hit 200 unless im buff lol and well I just look fat haha

jakellama123
11-01-2010, 10:57 PM
avoid the obvious fats and sugars
watch your carb intake
try to keep it around 40-60g daily
just think one piece of bread usually has around 15 carbs
eat 5 small meals daily rather than 2-3 big meals
try to calculate how many calories you burn in a day and make sure that your calorie intake is lower than your total metabolic rate for a day
you can shoot for 1500-2000 a day and adjust as needed
try doing like 100 pushups and 100 situps in the morning followed by a run
then a bike ride in the evening or something
GL

Random Names From Hell
11-02-2010, 12:04 AM
good luck bro

Spec C
11-02-2010, 03:53 AM
if you loose too fast you get strech marks and you will gain it back
That is pretty much false. Stretch marks are caused by GROWING, you will either have them already, or wont. Also you won't gain it back if you continue eating like you should. If you have a ton of fat to lose you may have loose skin, though.

Clearly if you lose any amount of weight through diet/exercise, and go back to eating like shit and/or exercising, you will gain it back, no matter if it took you 5 days, or 5 years to lose it.

Random Names From Hell
11-02-2010, 03:06 PM
no comment

Spec C
11-02-2010, 04:05 PM
like how you pick apart my post^^^.. are you a certified nutritionist? well i am an have been for 5 years ive lost my own weight and helped many many people loose weight.. if you loose weight too fast and in an unhealthy way your body goes into starvation then when you do eat your body stores it as fat to use later.. and stretch marks are not only from growing but aswell pregnancy and weight gain or loss.. and if you loose weight too fast your body cannot keep up so you will get stretch marks and loose skin slow and steady my friend it is the best way to loose weight So SPEC C please think before you post

Why are you getting so hostile? lol The lack of food, getting to you?

I have been dealing with diet/nutrition, for going on 10 years. I get people LEAN and in shape, not make fat soccer moms, slightly less fat.

Pregnancy(growing), gaining weight(growing), gaining muscle(growing).. The fucking NAME in itself STRETCH MARK, not shrink mark.lol If you are severyly obese, you are most likely going to have stretch marks. PERIOD.

What is too fast? Please enlighten me. That is such a general statement.

A certified nutritionist? OH BOY!! I have met more dumb ass certified nutritionists that know NOTHING, then I can count. They teach you generic, and a lot of the times OUTDATED info, that is getting debunked by science every day. Let me guess, you believe in the food pyramid too? lol

Just like "nutritionists" were telling people not to eat whole eggs because of the cholesterol, and new studies show that there is almost virtually no link between eggs, and increased cholesterol. In fact, the found them to raise HDL. Not to mention the positive effects they have on testosterone.

too fast and in an unhealthy way your body goes into starvation then when you do eat your body stores it as fat to use laterJust WOW..haha What do you mean "when you do eat"? Who said the person is not eating? You don't have to starve to get results my friend. I could have someone your size dropping fat as fast as you, if not faster then you, eating double what you are eating daily.

Not to mention you are 200+ lbs eating 1200 calories a day, and doing all that cardio, and you want to talk about starvation? I mean how much LESS could you possibly eat. Maybe you are not losing more weight because you have wreaked havoc on your metabolism. Where do you go from 1200 calories, when your weight loss stalls?

How about we talk about what the lack of carbs does to the thyroid, or the lack of fats is doing to your hormonal profile specifically your testosterone.

I will debate diet/nutrition with you ALL DAY, especially as it relates to bodybuilding, power lifting, and any useful purpose..lol

Spec C
11-02-2010, 04:18 PM
How about you post pics from your transformation :)

Random Names From Hell
11-02-2010, 10:34 PM
update on your results bro

Fix.it.again.Tony
11-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Man dude you don't need my help.

buttt just to give you motivation

I am 5'4 170lbs with 30/31 waist. on that diet and exercise thing I told you on FB

HondaFreak
11-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Man dude you don't need my help.

buttt just to give you motivation

I am 5'4 170lbs with 30/31 waist. on that diet and exercise thing I told you on FB

Shit! Are you fat?

Spec C
11-03-2010, 04:47 AM
anyone can debate over a computer doesnt take talent.... anyone can make up any bs like that regardless im offerng my advice to this guy.. offer yours i just request you dont bash mine cause for me and my clients it has worked... let him choose what advice he should choose i know for me i have plenty of energy all the time.. im sure your way works and how fast people loose weight is up to hard work and sticking to a diet so dont bash me im trying to help this guy so good luck sir i hope you find a plan that works for you.. and no the food pyramid is not something i follow i have my own plans for my clients as well as myself
lol.. Exactly.

I didn't bash you first off, I just commented on your statements. Don't make generalized statements that make you like like you don't know WTF you are talking about. "if you lose too fast you will gain it back" Not only is that super vague, it is not true. I would love to know how someone could gain fat back, if they never go back to eating like shit, or consuming calories in excess.

Things like that don't help people, it just spreads the same misinformation you find spewed all over the internet.

Not only that buy you post what you eat in a day
fish chicken (no skin) lean beef, egg whites or just two eggs, one whole one just the whites, and yogurt

There are NO fat, specifically efa sources. Do you know how unhealthy that is? Do you know how bad that is for your hormonal profile? Do you know where testosterone comes from? So either you eat them and didn't list them, or are not consuming them yourself. And If you didn't list them you ate leaving out some vital info.

That is not solid advice. You can't just eat lean protein sources.

When you are not eating carbs, you NEED some sort of refeed, if you plan on doing physical activity(working out, mma, boxing, etc). You need to replenish muscle glycogen. Not to mention the boost it gives in leptin, the thyroid, and other metabolic factors.

D-

Random Names From Hell
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
first off thats not all i eat.. its just foods i suggested i eat beef whole grain carbs after workouts regardless your still bashing whatever dude you win obviously you care about being right way more then i do so im gonna be the adult here.. have fun fighting with yourself haha

Spec C
11-03-2010, 11:15 AM
first off thats not all i eat.. its just foods i suggested i eat beef whole grain carbs after workouts regardless your still bashing whatever dude you win obviously you care about being right way more then i do so im gonna be the adult here.. have fun fighting with yourself haha

I could care less about being right. I am not an egomaniac, nor too proud to admit when I am wrong.

I care more about people getting sound advice. A diet devoid of EFA's is in no way good. It is bad on many levels, from lipids to hormonal profile.

Now I am not saying you advocated this but the dude obviously doesn't know very much, and to give him ideas on what to eat and completely gloss over fats is not really giving him the info he needs, and setting him up for potential health issues.

I don't claim to be a know it all, and there many people who I respect who have taught me a tremendous amount of knowledge. I am always eager to learn something new be it from you or anyone for that matter.

PS. Beef is a poor source of EFA's.

Random Names From Hell
11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
you made your point dude get over yourself ..... back to topic

to the guy who started the thread hows the progress going ?

BTM_FDR
11-06-2010, 07:45 AM
you made your point dude get over yourself ..... back to topic

to the guy who started the thread hows the progress going ?

Instead of using bread for sandwiches use pop tarts, instead of chewing bubblegum chew bacon and remember if you rub it against a peice of paper and it turns clear its ok.

Ev sanchez
11-10-2010, 10:13 PM
simply do the south beach diet eliminate all carbs and all sugars from your diet for 2 weeks including beer ect. do this for 2 week the follow the 2nd part of the south beach diet.... i did it and in 1 month i went from being a 335 lbs. to 260 lbs. best thing is now if i try to eat sugary or fast food i throw up and cant stand even smelling it.