PDA

View Full Version : Need some roll cages built anybody know anybody?

kustom play
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey all I need 2 cages built. Im going to put up as much info as i can so you can kinda get an idea what im looking for. Looking to get the 88 MR2 done after the 1st of the year, the 92 a little later down the line.

1st car, I am in the process of building a NASA / SCCA track car and need a full cage built. Car is totally stripped at the moment all the way down to nothing including the steering column. Im looking to have a a 6 point cage installed. (4 on the floor 2 against the firewall) Its an 88 MR2 if that makes a difference. I am not above it being "through the dash" if need be, but i would like to keep it around the dash if possible. Im not 100% sure on the rules for it to be a legal cage but i figured he/she/they should know. This one i want welded in and must have a video cam mount along with harness hook ups. I want to get this done before the car gets sent out for paint so no worries about scratching or whatever and would rather have like a backyard self employed person then a shop do it because i like have that one on one deal.

Now for the 2nd car. For this one, its going in a 92 MR2. This one will run at Bondurant and maybe driving it 2 times a month Saturday nights around town. This one will be a little more involved. Im looking for a 9 point cage. (5 on the floor, 2 on the firewall 2 through the back window down to the rear strut mounts) I dont really know what to call it but im looking for a cross mount from the rear hoop to the passenger side floor kinda like the Lotus super 7's. I dont know if that possible with it going through the glass.

I want to go through the back glass into the bay. All the rear will be pulled and will end up having a Ferrari F40 style rear lid. (were cramming a 2GR with custom made ITB set up. hehe) but HUGE bonus if they can mold in a plexi / Lexan / speed glass / back window because honestly i dont know what to do with a through the glass cage . This one needs to be around the dash. cam mount and harnesses mount as well. This one will be done after the 88.

Also might have another 91 MR2 as well, This one has a 4 point rear roll bar set up, but would want a full cage created from it. This one is a maybe.

if you know anybody PM me or post it up. The 88 will most likely not have an engine in it at the moment while were building the 20V so just be aware of that.

fmx_dbc
11-03-2010, 07:46 AM
hit up Fathead Fabrication. he does awesome work (EDIT - guess he's no longer in the vendors area)

kustom play
11-03-2010, 08:01 AM
cool dude, i'll take a look

cbaracing
11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
pm'ed

juan3023
11-03-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.thefuturefab.com/

Local shop that does GREAT work .

kustom play
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM