PDA

View Full Version : What are your goals for the winter

Spec C
11-08-2010, 08:43 AM
What is everyone's fitness/health goals for this winter?

Be it a weight loss goal, weight gain, or specific strength goals you are trying to hit.

j-dizzle
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Bulk like a fatty and sit on my sofa! Na but I wanna drop 7 to 10 lean lbs.

Spec C
11-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Bulk like a fatty and sit on my sofa! Na but I wanna drop 7 to 10 lean lbs.
lol @ bulking like a fatty.

What do you mean you want to drop 7-10lean lbs? Do you mean drop 7-10lbs of fat? Or add 7-10lbs of lean body mass?

j-dizzle
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Drop 7 to 10 lbs of body mass I'm happy with my fat % right now but been bulking and lifting for mass. Now I'm gonna start burn outs and cut down the mass and tone up.

Spec C
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Drop 7 to 10 lbs of body mass I'm happy with my fat % right now but been bulking and lifting for mass. Now I'm gonna start burn outs and cut down the mass and tone up.
Damn, everyone is working so hard to build muscle, and you want to lose it? :)

"toning up" is a result of lowering your body fat, so I am still not sure what it is your are going for, but good luck meeting your goal.

j-dizzle
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I have muscle built, when I say lean lbs meaning I'm not gonna change my diet or anything just more cardio days. Yes I will lose fat and muscle but whatever haha.

bb4arson
11-08-2010, 07:38 PM
i think its funny how everyone bulks during the winter because they dont have to go swimming or really take their shirts off

i bulked during the summer . so now im just leaning out but controling my body weight so i could stay in the 180-182 side hopefull hit 11 bf soon with out getting in to the 170 s

but overall goal is eat right 5 meals a day all the time ..

and get a nice chest because my chest is lag central.

Spec C
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
i think its funny how everyone bulks during the winter because they dont have to go swimming or really take their shirts off

i bulked during the summer . so now im just leaning out but controling my body weight so i could stay in the 180-182 side hopefull hit 11 bf soon with out getting in to the 170 s

but overall goal is eat right 5 meals a day all the time ..

and get a nice chest because my chest is lag central.
I grow durring the winter because it is hot as fuck durring the summer, and I don't need to be carrying around all that extra weight, sweating up a storm..lol

I walk around all day sweating my ass off as it is.

How is your form on pressing movements? My chest was weak as hell from being front delt dominant in my pressing movements. I brought it up BIG time, by really locking down my form. Focusing on retracting my scapula(pinching shoulder blades together), ass down, chest high, don't roll your shoulders forward at the top, etc.

My winter goals, are mostly strength goals.

Incline 315 x 10-12
Seat Mil press 225 x 10-12
Dead 500 x 5
Get my squat back up. No real goal here, as I am nursing fucked up knees, just make progress without getting hurt.

bb4arson
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I grow durring the winter because it is hot as fuck durring the summer, and I don't need to be carrying around all that extra weight, sweating up a storm..lol

I walk around all day sweating my ass off as it is.

How is your form on pressing movements? My chest was weak as hell from being front delt dominant in my pressing movements. I brought it up BIG time, by really locking down my form. Focusing on retracting my scapula(pinching shoulder blades together), ass down, chest high, don't roll your shoulders forward at the top, etc.

My winter goals, are mostly strength goals.

Incline 315 x 10-12
Seat Mil press 225 x 10-12
Dead 500 x 5
Get my squat back up. No real goal here, as I am nursing fucked up knees, just make progress without getting hurt.

its pretty clean but i started working out proper like 7 months ago ... so that tells you why i lagged on chest .
i was a total noob monster

what are you stats?

Spec C
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
its pretty clean but i started working out proper like 7 months ago ... so that tells you why i lagged on chest .
i was a total noob monster

what are you stats?
Right now 5'8, 202-205(depending on carb intake), 13% ish.

bb4arson
11-08-2010, 09:28 PM
ahhh pretty lean pics?

HondaFreak
11-08-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm bulking right now. Focusing on eating A LOT(of course), sleeping well, and compound excercises to build mass.

Once I get to the cutting stages I'm gonna need some more advice Spec C. Lol.

bb4arson
11-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm bulking right now. Focusing on eating A LOT(of course), sleeping well, and compound excercises to build mass.

Once I get to the cutting stages I'm gonna need some more advice Spec C. Lol.

when your cutting just deplete 500 calories and alot less carbs

HondaFreak
11-08-2010, 11:33 PM
How 'bout cardio? I know I should keep lifting, but I have read that if I'm gonna do cardio, do like sprinting for 1 minute than jog for 2, repeat. Is this correct?

j-dizzle
11-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Im 6'4 235lbs right now at about 17% bf. When I get to where I wanna be ill be about 220lbs with about 15% bf . That's what I'm happy with. I have been building my arms a lot more over the last few months because even at 235 I look skinny ish.

Spec C
11-09-2010, 05:52 AM
How 'bout cardio? I know I should keep lifting, but I have read that if I'm gonna do cardio, do like sprinting for 1 minute than jog for 2, repeat. Is this correct?
There is no way you are going to be able to do a "true" sprint for 60 seconds.
A good HIIT cardio session I like is:
5 min warmup

Then 15min of intervals. Each interval lasts a min. The first 45sec you go at about 50%, then the last 15sec you go all out as hard as you can. So 15 intervals total.

Followed by a 10 min cool down.

I like to do them on the elliptical because you can go from a jog, to run in a split second. I turn up the resistance all the way up.

I would do these maybe 2 times a week, and regular low/moderate intensity cardio on 2-3 other days.(incline walking, step mill, etc)

Spec C
11-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Im 6'4 235lbs right now at about 17% bf. When I get to where I wanna be ill be about 220lbs with about 15% bf . That's what I'm happy with. I have been building my arms a lot more over the last few months because even at 235 I look skinny ish.
Why do want to lose 10lbs of muscle? That is not going to help you look less "skinny".

You could be 15% at 230ish. You want to lose 15 lbs of scale weight, and only 2% bf?

I think you are confused abouy what you actually need to lose.

j-dizzle
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Why do want to lose 10lbs of muscle? That is not going to help you look less "skinny".

You could be 15% at 230ish. You want to lose 15 lbs of scale weight, and only 2% bf?

I think you are confused abouy what you actually need to lose.

Your right you know what I'm doing better then me so what should it be?

Ill lose water weight which is about 4lbs give or take on me then another 3 to 4 lbs of body weight.

And I believe I said 7 to 10 my goal before summer is back down to 220. But I figured because the title of the thread could be misleading but this seemed to be like winter goals.

Less skinny... ok seeing that the way my body is even when I bulked to 250 I still looked skinny so toning after a mass building cycle won't really take a lot of mass off me.

So no I'm not confused I have done this before. Yes I'm happy at 15% body fat, no need to run around looking like a hungry 3rd world kid, plus doesn't your body start reacting badly in between the 6 and 8% bf area??. Like I said I have done these same cycles since I was 16 and always had the results I want.

But please if you know me better please inform me.

Spec C
11-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Your right you know what I'm doing better then me so what should it be?

Ill lose water weight which is about 4lbs give or take on me then another 3 to 4 lbs of body weight.

And I believe I said 7 to 10 my goal before summer is back down to 220. But I figured because the title of the thread could be misleading but this seemed to be like winter goals.

Less skinny... ok seeing that the way my body is even when I bulked to 250 I still looked skinny so toning after a mass building cycle won't really take a lot of mass off me.

So no I'm not confused I have done this before. Yes I'm happy at 15% body fat, no need to run around looking like a hungry 3rd world kid, plus doesn't your body start reacting badly in between the 6 and 8% bf area??. Like I said I have done these same cycles since I was 16 and always had the results I want.

But please if you know me better please inform me.
I don't have to know you, that is the thing. If you are complaining you look skinny, it is for no other reason then you need more muscle.

At 235 17%, and 6'4" you are not carrying a lot of mass.. Of course you will appear skinny.

You are the effectively the equivelent of a 5'8" person weighing 165lbs at 17% bf. That is very little muscle mass.

There is not enough muscle to fill out your frame.

At 250, and a high bodyfat you are still not carrying much mass at all. That is the problem. It comes down to the amount of muscle mass you are carrying. The taller you are, the harder it is to fill out your frame. Why do you think there are so few tall professional bodybuilders.

At a high bodyfat, you might have to be 280-290+ at 15-17% before you start to appear "big"

Toning is a misnomer.. There is no such thing as "toning". Toning is getting leaner, ie. losing body fat. You don't just tone muscle. It is not like fat turns into muscle. This is probably one of the biggest fallacies with fitness, EVER.

If you are content with what you are doing, more power to you, I am just telling you why you appear skinny.

j-dizzle
11-09-2010, 09:23 AM
i know why i appear skinny because im taller then trees and in my first post didnt i say lean down? but thanks for the input.

and im not complaining about looking skinny i believe i said i had more focus on my arms over the last few months cause even at 235 i look skinny ish. i use to keep my weight around 207 and 12%bf. didnt like so i had been running threw bulk cycles.

Spec C
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM
i know why i appear skinny because im taller then trees and in my first post didnt i say lean down? but thanks for the input.

and im not complaining about looking skinny i believe i said i had more focus on my arms over the last few months cause even at 235 i look skinny ish. i use to keep my weight around 207 and 12%bf. didnt like so i had been running threw bulk cycles.
Yea you said lean down, and lose Lean body mass, which is totally contradictory.

You don't need to focus on your arms, you need to just GROW.

But whatever, you apparently know exactly what you are doing.

Good luck meeting your goals.

j-dizzle
11-09-2010, 09:42 AM

phxz6
11-09-2010, 05:17 PM
My goal is to go from 11% body fat to about 6-8% body fat and gain at least 10lbs of muscle

bb4arson
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
My goal is to go from 11% body fat to about 6-8% body fat and gain at least 10lbs of muscle

not going to happen bro..

your going to have to bulk up than cut again to gain that amount of muscle.

Spec C
11-09-2010, 06:14 PM
not going to happen bro..

your going to have to bulk up than cut again to gain that amount of muscle.
Unless you are saucing it up, and in addition have some elite genetics..lol

Like some Kevin Levrone shit. :)

phxz6
11-09-2010, 08:41 PM

I have a special recipe lol!

I didnt say i was gonna lose the body fat then add the muscle.

bb4arson
11-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I have a special recipe lol!

I didnt say i was gonna lose the body fat then add the muscle.

(scratching head) huh?
so umm what are your plans ...
like bulk for the winter or cut since you want to get to 6to 8% bf?

get ready to say good bye to all the carbs for the winter if soo..

bb4arson
11-09-2010, 11:36 PM

nothing like a good cycle to help you get results fast..:clap:lol

SIR SOHC
11-10-2010, 01:04 AM
steroids FTW ese i want To get a least 10 LBS of muscle

Spec C
11-10-2010, 04:43 AM
get ready to say good bye to all the carbs for the winter if soo..
Why do you feel you need to get rid of carbs to "cut"?

Plenty of people have success with high/moderate carb diets, for getting lean, as long as your other macros are in check, and your calories are where they need to be.

Granted you will be eating "less" then when bulking, but that is just because you will have less calories to work with.

I am personally super carb sensitive, and I have gotten very lean eating 250-350g+ of carbs a day, and my metabolism is like a 90 year old fat womans..lol

I stick to low carb, because I just feel better. I don't get so run down, and my strength seems to progress rather then drop. Plus it is easier for me to follow for long periods of time. I get sick of the food choices I am limited to on a moderate protein/moderate carb/ low fat diet.

bb4arson
11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Why do you feel you need to get rid of carbs to "cut"?

Plenty of people have success with high/moderate carb diets, for getting lean, as long as your other macros are in check, and your calories are where they need to be.
diet.

well i mean that the most quick way to cut down to a good 6 to 8 % in the time frame of winter .

when i think about cutting i want a 2 months cut so i could look ripped . not just lean .
leaning out is diffrent to me .

in my mind im either bulking ,leaning out or cutting . but thats just me

Spec C
11-10-2010, 05:09 PM
well i mean that the most quick way to cut down to a good 6 to 8 % in the time frame of winter .

when i think about cutting i want a 2 months cut so i could look ripped . not just lean .
leaning out is diffrent to me .

in my mind im either bulking ,leaning out or cutting . but thats just me
I know what your saying, but people do 12wk contest preps, and step on stage PEEELED, with carbs in their diet.

It just comes down to your other macros, and total calorie intake.(ie. your fats are going to be drastically reduced)

There is obviously more then one way from point A to B, so it just comes down to finding out what you respond to.

Some prep guys/nutritionists go the CKD route, some timed carb, some carb cycling, and others believe in a diet with moderate carb intake, something close to 40/40/20 (pro/carb/fat).

All of these approaches get people on stage, looking peeled, so it really just comes down to how the person responds to carbs, and alot has to do with personal preference.

That said, I am a big fan of low carb diets, for both "cutting" and "bulking" I have more or less been on one for the last 2+ years.

I just generally feel better. When I am eating a diet high in carbs, i feel like a bloated, gassy piece of shit..lol

chambersef8
11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I want to get rid of my gut. Only over sized part of my body LOL.

Congratulations! After posting random shit in nearly every section of the website you now have 150 posts!:clapper:

robertsu
11-16-2010, 03:12 AM
This time my goal is reduce 8% my body fat and 5% Wight loss. In the Last winter I reduce my 4% fat and it achieve it. but after six months it was increase again. so think to do hard work this time.

MrRline2010
11-18-2010, 05:53 AM
My goals are to not get huge for the winter time. Pack on some more muscle, and maybe do one pull up on my own. For those that laugh at this i'm 315 lbs. You try doing a pullup at that weight

infamous91
11-18-2010, 06:24 AM
i wanna loose mad pounds at my job. people average 15 to 25 miles a day at my warehouse.

nonemi07
11-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Gotta cut!! Lose 6% bf, keep and try to increase the little strength i have :)
squat 140,
deadlift 150,
bench 105 (gotta up that with these weak ass arms),
barbell rows 115,
bicep curls 85,

Oh man, keep my macros on track with 5 - 6 meals (haven't been eating much or as often lately) tsk tsk
Right now I'm on a 40/40/20 ratio but will be changing it up a bit

Does anyone here take supplements?

bb4arson
11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Gotta cut!! Lose 6% bf, keep and try to increase the little strength i have :)
squat 140,
deadlift 150,
bench 105 (gotta up that with these weak ass arms),
barbell rows 115,
bicep curls 85,

Oh man, keep my macros on track with 5 - 6 meals (haven't been eating much or as often lately) tsk tsk
Right now I'm on a 40/40/20 ratio but will be changing it up a bit

Does anyone here take supplements?

dang bro whats your weight ?

seems like you need to go on a hard bulk

nonemi07
11-18-2010, 08:39 PM
dang bro whats your weight ?

seems like you need to go on a hard bulk

Well lets get back to that sentence. To start off, I'm not a bro :) I got these:tits: not these :031: lol

bb4arson
11-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Well lets get back to that sentence. To start off, I'm not a bro :) I got these:tits: not these :031: lol

come at me brah jk

ok so whats your height?and weight ?

nonemi07
11-19-2010, 11:55 AM
come at me brah jk

ok so whats your height?and weight ?

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/mimitaco/

intel
11-19-2010, 06:28 PM

UGGGGGGGGGH! ill suck all that pussy down!

bb4arson
11-19-2010, 08:00 PM

thanks which reminds me i need to update my bodyspace and pics

intel
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM

link to yours?

and my goal is to increase the percent of shallow chicks i pick up, also to send better half naked pictures when sexting.. yea i keep it simple lol

Dirt McGirk
11-19-2010, 11:33 PM
My only goal for winter is to bulk. I want to be borderline chub.

2poor2tune
11-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Fuck bitches, get money...

nonemi07
11-20-2010, 10:12 AM

Good! Like intel said, link?

bb4arson
11-20-2010, 06:55 PM
here is my bodyspace but like i said havent updated it in so long ..
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bb4arson/

nonemi07
11-21-2010, 09:31 AM
You barely have anything in it brah! lol
At least you're keeping your sh*t up though

bb4arson
11-21-2010, 02:01 PM
You barely have anything in it brah! lol
At least you're keeping your sh*t up though

eh i have been lacking lately have been sick and had alot of stuff to do .

highwhey
11-21-2010, 10:24 PM
i joined a gym today. trying to lose weight, lots of it. been reading up on nutrition but it's ridiculous. anyone want to help me with a good diet lol? i'm 5'11 260lbs....yep. i use to do weights in highschool, i went hard at it but then i moved to a charter school and everything went downhill. but hey, at least i'm doing something now, decided it was the right thing to do.

Spec C
11-22-2010, 08:03 AM
i joined a gym today. trying to lose weight, lots of it. been reading up on nutrition but it's ridiculous. anyone want to help me with a good diet lol? i'm 5'11 260lbs....yep. i use to do weights in highschool, i went hard at it but then i moved to a charter school and everything went downhill. but hey, at least i'm doing something now, decided it was the right thing to do.
Follow this diet to a T, and you will have good results. It will explain how to structure it for your body type, weight, and goals. It doesn't get much easier then that, it is all laid out for you.
http://scivation.com/books/chadiet.htm

HondaFreak
11-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Follow this diet to a T, and you will have good results. It will explain how to structure it for your body type, weight, and goals. It doesn't get much easier then that, it is all laid out for you.

It's a great guide for sure.

krazyblurtz
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM
my train been off the track for 2 yrs lost size! (back PROBLEMS) no gf now time to get back DO OR DIE

krazyblurtz
11-26-2010, 07:34 PM
spec where u live and train?

krazyblurtz
11-26-2010, 07:36 PM

damn cant view it on ps3 lol

Spec C
11-26-2010, 07:40 PM
spec where u live and train?
Golds in Gilbert...

I also have an LA fitness membership, because my wife goes there, but I can't fucking stand it..lol I just use it for cardio in the spring/summer, because it is half the distance to my house, and I do cardio 7 days a week.

krazyblurtz
11-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Golds in Gilbert...
oh nice gilbert here as well maybe we can hook up lol . really though i used to be serious sbout training , even watching form on bench especially squeezing blades together always been front delt dominant ..noticed decline db gave me big gains on chest . would like locals advice while brushing the cobwebs off my weak muscles .

krazyblurtz
11-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Fuck bitches, get money...
those are both secondary
focus on ur health and success ...... if u build it they will come!(money and women)

Spec C
11-26-2010, 07:55 PM
oh nice gilbert here as well maybe we can hook up lol . really though i used to be serious sbout training , even watching form on bench especially squeezing blades together always been front delt dominant ..noticed decline db gave me big gains on chest . would like locals advice while brushing the cobwebs off my weak muscles .
I am down to catch a training session. I train M-W-F, in the morning.

It would be nice to have a training partner for a change.. lol I have been training alone for so damn long. I have to use a lot of smith machine/power rack, so I dont squash myself.

intel
11-27-2010, 11:43 PM
im in too ! azht work out party guys

bb4arson
11-28-2010, 04:51 PM
im in too ! azht work out party guys

i live to far from gilbert bra ..

anmak
12-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Reduce the my heavy fat and try to make six pack, I know it is too hard but I will do it.
In this last summer I never control on my diet and now suffer from heavy fat. Winter is the best time to shape our body and manage diet.

krazyblurtz
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Yo Spec! I made it out to Golds in gilbert for a 7 day pass..after getting hassled by the salesman then double hassled by the managers extra sales pitches I really started to get upset. Their prices and "ONLY FOR YOU!" deals were bs as both skewered their sales pitch... Pushy used car salesman status!

Anyways I especially wasn't okay with having a 12-15 month contract, as my brother was ripped off by them and apparently thousands of others.

It's just too bad I couldn't get some sessions with a seasoned lifter as yourself, was looking forward to a sensei with your knowledge

Anyways, now I'm signed up for 24hr on val vista in Gilbert... You should visit on a 30 days guest pass! No? It was worth a shot

Spec C
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Yo Spec! I made it out to Golds in gilbert for a 7 day pass..after getting hassled by the salesman then double hassled by the managers extra sales pitches I really started to get upset. Their prices and "ONLY FOR YOU!" deals were bs as both skewered their sales pitch... Pushy used car salesman status!

Anyways I especially wasn't okay with having a 12-15 month contract, as my brother was ripped off by them and apparently thousands of others.

It's just too bad I couldn't get some sessions with a seasoned lifter as yourself, was looking forward to a sensei with your knowledge

Anyways, now I'm signed up for 24hr on val vista in Gilbert... You should visit on a 30 days guest pass! No? It was worth a shot
Weird. I have never seen anyone get hassled with the 7 day pass. My friend just came with me for a week, and got 0 hassle. Also he negotiated with them to sign up, with no contract(but did have to pay some money upfront)

At the end of the day, they are a business.