PDA

View Full Version : Limewire is shut down, where else is good for DLing music?

Tweeder
12-01-2010, 11:08 PM
need other places to download individual songs (not full CDs, e.i. Torrents)

speak on it.....

hatch520
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
frostwire is like a old version of limewire its what i use now:clap:

auex
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
You do know you can choose what part of a torrent you download right? So if you only want 1 song from an entire cd then you can choose to only download that song.

3klipse
12-02-2010, 01:29 AM
frostwire is like a old version of limewire its what i use now:clap:
That. Set up just like limewire, easy to navigate and multi dl, and is quick. Took me longer to think of songs to dl, by far, then to find a good version and DL it.

Tweeder
12-02-2010, 06:22 AM
You do know you can choose what part of a torrent you download right? So if you only want 1 song from an entire cd then you can choose to only download that song.

yea, but even then I have a really hard time finding what i want, and when its come to searching torrents for single songs im usually only about 20% successful. and thats IF someone is even seeding it.....

die in a dick fire noob
12-02-2010, 12:32 PM
oink.me.uk was a torrent site that had some obscure music, not sure if it's still around i normally just use kickasstorrents.com they've had a lot of the smaller bands i listen to with good seeders.

and no it's not hard to find singles, as auex pointed out, you can select the files to download, i use vuze but utorrent, bitcomment, etc all have the same capability.

judging by how you type i would say that you mostly listen to rap and or pop music, so it shouldn't be hard for you to find the "singles" since your music choice is more than likely popular.

being that i listen to hardcore and metal, a lot of bands don't have any playtime on anything major, however, i still manage to find their albums and songs.

Tweeder
12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
oink.me.uk was a torrent site that had some obscure music, not sure if it's still around i normally just use kickasstorrents.com they've had a lot of the smaller bands i listen to with good seeders.

and no it's not hard to find singles, as auex pointed out, you can select the files to download, i use vuze but utorrent, bitcomment, etc all have the same capability.

judging by how you type i would say that you mostly listen to rap and or pop music, so it shouldn't be hard for you to find the "singles" since your music choice is more than likely popular.

being that i listen to hardcore and metal, a lot of bands don't have any playtime on anything major, however, i still manage to find their albums and songs.

how in the holy fucking hell did you get that i listen to rap and pop by the way i type?!?!?!?!? ..... LOL you dont know shit about me dood

Theory
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM

Oink is no longer :(. That was such a badass site.

die in a dick fire noob
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
was talking to the post above me about the rap and rock since he posted saying it's difficult to download things.

wasn't speaking to you tweeder calm your tiny little girl panties

and yes oink was BA, i used to seed tons for people back in the day, but really what are you looking for?

Tweeder
12-02-2010, 07:10 PM
was talking to the post above me about the rap and rock since he posted saying it's difficult to download things.

wasn't speaking to you tweeder calm your tiny little girl panties

and yes oink was BA, i used to seed tons for people back in the day, but really what are you looking for?

lol ive been sick for the past two days, dont take it personal. ive been pissy with everyone :hi:

die in a dick fire noob
12-03-2010, 06:48 AM
no biggy man i'm not sensitive, if you've seen half the shit i talk you'd know it ;)

LadyLockness
12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
kickasstorrents.com... they always have all the techno and mainstream i could ask for!

Hopeless EP3
12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
How many times do I need to repeat myself

Warez-bb.org

Jermo537
12-06-2010, 02:36 PM
been using torrents for about 5 years now and only trust 2 websites...can always find everything i need between the 2

piratebay.org
demonoid.com

PM me if u need a code for demonoid
and like auex said above, you can uncheck anything you dont want to download when using torrents

coast to coast
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
ive had frostwire for awhile it downloads quick, never had a problem with viruses or anything..some songs sound like they are in a bathroom but i just delete them and find another

Joseef8
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I Use Ares. I Can Never Find Anything Good On Frostwire.

prodigy
12-31-2010, 01:39 AM
I use ares as well
It's clean and no viruses on my pc
Theres also a site named friends21.com
There is no need to make an account: you can just search and download :)

JRCD5
12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I use ares and mp3rocket

That Guy Roger
12-31-2010, 03:31 PM
if you have an smart phone look up "tunee music" thats all i use.

Tweeder
12-31-2010, 08:38 PM
if you have an smart phone look up "tunee music" thats all i use.

yea, i got like 8 different music DLing apps on my HTC Evo (name drop)

MrRline2010
01-01-2011, 06:39 AM
frostwire, but apsquidface will tell you to buy all your music on itunes because your rich like him

krazyblurtz
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Which site is legit to download ares lite? I love the internet these days, type in any product and there's a dozen knock off sites with viruses.

I gotta be careful with this new comp

mad_jdm98
01-01-2011, 06:44 PM
datpiff.com

hyperguyy99
01-02-2011, 03:04 AM
you can also use Bittorrent.com

V8_Killer
01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I use free studio, it takes the song from youtube. It's actually pretty cool program. I bet you'll enojy it. :thumbup:

HondaFreak
01-03-2011, 03:42 AM
I buy my Volkswagens at WalMart.

BTM_FDR
01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
LIMEWIRE is garbage, use torrent sites u torrent, demonoid, pirate bay, etc. Your asking for a virus using limewire. Its the equivalent of you computer having unprotected sex with the world wide web.

If all else fails use this its usually never fails me, type in name of band, the cd, and then mediafire, or megaupload in google and WOALAAA you just unzip what you download and your good.

azskateman
01-03-2011, 05:05 PM
DEMONOID!!! If you need invite and you are chill let me know and I can send you one

HondaFreak
01-05-2011, 02:46 AM
You can download whole albums (torrents) from Frostwire.

DarkTinman
01-08-2011, 11:28 AM
LIMEWIRE is garbage, use torrent sites u torrent, demonoid, pirate bay, etc. Your asking for a virus using limewire. Its the equivalent of you computer having unprotected sex with the world wide web.

If all else fails use this its usually never fails me, type in name of band, the cd, and then mediafire, or megaupload in google and WOALAAA you just unzip what you download and your good.

Haha, it's the same thing as Limewire or anything like it. It's just uploaded by one person who could have just as well put viruses in them.

I say thepiratebay.org (for CD's) then FrostWire for singles. That's what i use anyway. Then i also have a program (like someone else said) that rips songs from any site i want.

TauntDevil
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Lol... Limewire is extracted torrents sir rofl....

Hopeless EP3
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM

Limewire is basically torrent sir and also torrents are garbage. Direct downloads ftw via fileserve, rapidshare, megaupload, hotfile, filesonic, etc. need I say more?

It's not like you can't get a virus using torrents -_- so I don't see the difference between limewire and torrents. If you still need seeders to download stuff then your still living the the 90s

Warez-bb.org is the only place to be

rIcHiEe
01-10-2011, 10:00 AM
i use areas

Cyler08
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
4 shared is the shit for movies and music

96accordsir
01-28-2011, 03:18 AM
after looking at this thread and doing what i read i just want to thank you all. i used to think limewire was the shit and i was lost without it but i went and got utorrent and i use thepiratebay.org and ive gotten like three games and ALL my favorite cd's in a couple of days. god i love the internet!!

gera
01-28-2011, 01:29 PM
i use frostwire works the same as limewire:thumbup:

BeanerEG
01-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Frostwire is the site i use really good i like it. Good luck with it homie

mindflight
01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Frostwire is the site i use really good i like it. Good luck with it homie

i downloaded it and tried using it, but its hellllla slow or it doesnt search anything at all.. my friend told me it was cause you have to mess with the settings, has this happened to anyone else??

beil93
02-01-2011, 12:19 AM
i use beemp3.com

purp ek
02-02-2011, 08:18 AM
i use frost wire too.but sucks cuz no one really knows about it, if they do they dont share their music

1320civic
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
i use beemp3.com

lead me to limewire...

The hatch
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
i use vuze! its awesome can get anything with that

Jr-ej8
02-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I use Ares Works Like a Champ..

LoS HimSelF
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Rap /Hip Hop singles and some albums
www.rapgodfathers.info (http://www.rapgodfathers.info)

Rock and some rap
www.sleakleaks.com (http://www.sleakleaks.com)

I read up and some times if i am desperate pull stuff from this site but use it to see whats new! updated daily and hourly

www.rlslog.net (http://www.rlslog.net)

All my Trance and house etc etc etc

www.trancetraffic.com (http://www.trancetraffic.com) (private torrent tracker) think invites might be open

For everything else i use
www.demonoid.me (http://www.demonoid.me)
and
www.preto.me (http://www.preto.me) <-- private as well

Enjoy

-LoS

Joseef8
02-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Use Limewire Pirate Edition. Same Exact Thing. Just AVG Antivirus Dont Work On It. But Its The Same Exact Thing. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5943362/LimeWire_Pirate_Edition

Blog searching is great too. Oh and zippyshare for DJ friendly tracks ;)

LoS HimSelF
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Blog searching is great too. Oh and zippyshare for DJ friendly tracks ;)

twitter actually comes thru with alot of stuff too , you be surprised! haha

-LoS

Viz
03-10-2011, 08:41 PM
i Just go on google search the name of the song or album or whatever with mediafire at the end (ex: Straight outta Compton mediafire) and it comes up like 99% of the time

SpoolinEk
03-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Frostwire for most things. datpiff.com for just about anything you cant find.

Simple_Man
03-25-2011, 11:34 PM
If your listening to a song on YouTube go to the address bar and tyoe in "listento" after the "www." so its before the word "youtube". Then just follow the directions.

eg6123
03-26-2011, 06:15 PM
vid2mp3.com

ej1reddevil
04-04-2011, 03:39 AM
i use limewire lol...no joke