PDA

View Full Version : Any Powerlifters?

Mr Deeds
12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Seeing if there is any power lifters here in AZ or if anyone attends competitions.

HondaFreak
12-09-2010, 08:06 PM
My stepfather does. But he's not on AZHT. Lol

bb4arson
12-11-2010, 10:38 PM
dang my only goals for working out are to loook good .

just im trying to reach a 400 squat soon . but i need a belt

Spec C
12-12-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't powerlift, but train using some PL principles. I am a firm believer in he who makes the most strength gains, makes the most muscle/size gains.
dang my only goals for working out are to loook good .

just im trying to reach a 400 squat soon . but i need a belt

What is your current squat? Are we talking just breaking parallel or to the floor?

bb4arson
12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't powerlift, but train using some PL principles. I am a firm believer in he who makes the most strength gains, makes the most muscle/size gains.

What is your current squat? Are we talking just breaking parallel or to the floor?

i havent max out in squat man.
i have only done my last squat set my fourth set of 315 x8

Spec C
12-12-2010, 02:45 PM
i havent max out in squat man.
i have only done my last squat set my fourth set of 315 x8
That is a pretty damn solid squat, if you are going deep :). You should be get 405x1 no problem.

Do you go this deep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiOvqQzfecw&feature=related

bb4arson
12-12-2010, 02:49 PM
That is a pretty damn solid squat, if you are going deep :). You should be get 405x1 no problem.

Do you go this deep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiOvqQzfecw&feature=related

thats atg right ?

no i dont go that deep because most times i have no spotter .

Spec C
12-12-2010, 04:20 PM
thats atg right ?

no i dont go that deep because most times i have no spotter .

You can set the pins in a power rack so you can drop it on them if you need to.

That is pretty much ass to grass for sure. That dude has a hell of a squat.

bb4arson
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
You can set the pins in a power rack so you can drop it on them if you need to.

That is pretty much ass to grass for sure. That dude has a hell of a squat.

sometimes i just dont want to fail and than have to take off the weights to put them back on lol
but if i have a spotter i try to do my best as possible to get as low as i can .to where i can feel it targetting the quads.

hell yah man somepeople cant squat as beast like that though since they are propotioned as well for it .

Mr Deeds
12-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I haven't power lifted but worked out friday with some old guys that do and for being 50+ they were lifting some weight...

nonemi07
12-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Seeing if there is any power lifters here in AZ or if anyone attends competitions.

I have a friend who is a powerlifter and competes. No wraps, suits or shirts, all natural. There will be some upcoming meets in Prescott and Tombstone in the coming months.

I believe the one in Prescott is the state meet so there's a chance to see some new state and national records set.

Mr Deeds
12-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I have a friend who is a powerlifter and competes. No wraps, suits or shirts, all natural. There will be some upcoming meets in Prescott and Tombstone in the coming months.

I believe the one in Prescott is the state meet so there's a chance to see some new state and national records set.

oh cool, im probably going to the tombstone meet, just to check it out. Wouldn't mind checking out that Prescott meet either.

nonemi07
12-19-2010, 09:44 PM
oh cool, im probably going to the tombstone meet, just to check it out. Wouldn't mind checking out that Prescott meet either.

SO! I found out they're both on the same days. Tombstone is March 26th and Prescott is 26th-27th :/

I just asked him and he said there was another one coming up on the 14th of Feb as well, in Peoria he THINKS lol Will get back to you on that one (not good if you're planning a hot date either) D:

But if you go to the Tombstone one, I'll see you there!

Mr Deeds
12-20-2010, 07:19 AM
I'll probably check out the tombstone one, i know a couple people that will be competing.