PDA

View Full Version : code 14 iacv

trusohc
12-30-2010, 05:33 PM
So my cars sputtering and throws code 14 it doesn't stay on at idle I have to tighten the throttle cable to keep the car alive and it fluctuates at around 2k then when I'm driving the car sputers between 2k andupto about the rmp it should be at when I give it gas.
I took the iacv off and cleaned it and It didn't help. I clearned the codes and noticed it throws the code with just the ignition on even be4 I turn it on.

bigballsmagerki
12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
i bet your throttle body gasket is bad.
or a vacume leak. I had a bad tb gasket and same shit

die in a dick fire noob
12-30-2010, 08:25 PM
if it's throwing it before the car is even on it's a short in the wire for the IACV or the ECU is bad.

test the continuity on the wires. you can find a pinout in the service manual. the signal wire is a9 at the ecu on an obd1 setup. probe a9, the wire should be blue/black.

gunsup0331
12-30-2010, 08:28 PM
if it's throwing it before the car is even on it's a short in the wire for the IACV or the ECU is bad.

test the continuity on the wires. you can find a pinout in the service manual. the signal wire is a9 at the ecu on an obd1 setup. probe a9, the wire should be blue/black.
theres probably an open (short would blow a fuse more than likely). Do what statik said^ and test for continuity across the iacv itself and on the circuit

die in a dick fire noob
12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
true, that's more what i meant than short, i guess the quick typing got the better of me.