PDA

View Full Version : Body fortress super advanced whey protien?????

jdm egizzle 6
01-04-2011, 01:16 AM
So I got it from walmart and been taking it for 2 days to gain mass as I'm going to the gym. So now my question is, has anyone taken this and got results? I've read the testimony on their site and there positive ones. Want to know if anyone has taken it or is taking it now and what are/were your results?

nyenye09
01-04-2011, 01:51 PM
In for same question!....

bb4arson
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.supplementreviews.com/body-fortress/super-advanced-whey-protein

j-dizzle
01-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Why not use a mass gainer? I use that stuff daily. I get more lean results the mass results. If your trying to bulk up whey will prob not work for you. If it does it'll take awhile. Most of the whey I have been on I have gotten lean gains. Now when i cycle casien or a mass gainer ill bulk with a quickness.

bb4arson
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM
^^just get a standard whey..and eat alot of oatmeal and post work out more carbs...

j-dizzle
01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
me? lol i dont want bulk gains... the lean gains are fine with me.

bb4arson
01-06-2011, 03:33 AM
me? lol i dont want bulk gains... the lean gains are fine with me.

brah bulk gains are not really made of powders just saying ...mass gainer? is not called lean gainer lol

j-dizzle
01-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Yeah I know but I dobelieve this guy wants to go from like 140 to 160 if I don't recall. Its gonna be hard to do talking whey. Mass gainer will help him bulk faster and then he can cut down to the weight he wants haha

Spec C
01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I have never drank a weight gainer type shake in my life. You don't need them, at all. It isn't like there is anything magical in there, it is just calories. Most of them are junk anyway, with shitty carbs, and fats. Drink whey, with some oats(or carb of choice), and some almond butter/peanut butter/olive oil, etc.

If you are struggling to get calories in, and you are a big time ecto, or hard gainer, add olive oil, to every shake you have, or a couple table spoons throughout the day.

Just get the calories in.

j-dizzle
01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I bought a mass gainer once and got better results off my pb and oats milk shake hahaha. All I was saying is if he is looking for bulk whey is not gonna cut it. Buy/make a mass gainer and stick with it. Bulk, cut and repeat.

jdm egizzle 6
01-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Yea I want to go from 140 to about 160, I've never in my life been heavier than 140 so I want to build muscle weight not fat weight. That why I asked about this product. Since I've taken it I have had more energy at the gym and feel better but one con I've read was it gets you bloated and I have felt like that kinda sucks.

Spec C
01-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Yea I want to go from 140 to about 160, I've never in my life been heavier than 140 so I want to build muscle weight not fat weight. That why I asked about this product. Since I've taken it I have had more energy at the gym and feel better but one con I've read was it gets you bloated and I have felt like that kinda sucks.
The creatine mono can bloat you, depending on how you respond.

I am not particularly a fan of that product(body fortress whey)

jdm egizzle 6
01-08-2011, 01:48 PM
The creatine mono can bloat you, depending on how you respond.

I am not particularly a fan of that product(body fortress whey)

I just saw it at wm so I bought it never taken it before but a friend told me about one at gnc that claims to have 75g of protein per serving (cup) this one has 35g per serving and get you bloated.

j-dizzle
01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
i have used the bf whey as a post workout for a few cycles. i get good results and it should be 52g of protein. its pretty much a cheap ver of monster milk. if your looking for more protein to take in change your deit. without any shakes or anything sups my whole foods protein intake right now is about 95g/145g with shakes and sups. if your looking to put on 20lbs use a mass gainer. make your own its simple then cut down. its alot easier. if you look at your whey its low in fat low in cals. i see alot of people that just stop eating and take the shakes as meals which is stupid. bulk then cut. its alot easier. my mass gainers were high in cals keep a good deit then when you stop the gainer you will be able to cut cause your not getting that 660 cals your body was use to from the gainer.

Spec C
01-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I just saw it at wm so I bought it never taken it before but a friend told me about one at gnc that claims to have 75g of protein per serving (cup) this one has 35g per serving and get you bloated.
GNC is overpriced crap.

Protein per serving is irrelevant(unless the same serving size), because the serving sizes are different. That is an easy way to "trick" people.

I am a big fan of this blend. It is an all around solid protein, you can use any time. Something like a straight whey isolate is "potentially" better post workout, but you will not notice a difference.
http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=31&pid=534

Whey is not really a great choice other then Pre/intra/post workout, honestly. You want something that is not absorbed, and utilized too quickly.

j-dizzle
01-09-2011, 04:23 PM
^^^ casien/mass gainer

Spec C
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
^^^ casien/mass gainer
I am not sure what you are implying there, but Casien has little do do with "mass gainer" type shakes. It is lower in calories then whey isolate, and whey concentrate. You may however see Casien in some mass gainers because it is a superior form of protein, for meal replacement type shakes, or really any time, not immediately surrounding a workout. It is more expensive though, that is why you will likely see it in a proprietary blend, following whey concentrate, because the product likely contains very little casien, and is mostly concentrate.

HondaFreak
01-13-2011, 03:10 AM
^^^ casien/mass gainer

Cupcakes/Kittens