PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy parts?

ExpeditiousRacing
01-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I usually get most of my parts from regular auto part stores, but it seams like on the west coast all I can find are Mexican parts. I've tried Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O Reilly... Also what brands would you recommend.

parts needed: intake manifold gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, head gasket, valve stem seals, timing belt, and timing tensioner. Seams like I'm forgetting something.

Boppers
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Go to honda.

*inFamous*
01-16-2011, 11:15 PM
For OEM style build, either OEM honda or O'Reilly stuff / Felpro. Be sure to use GATES on all hoses / belts / tensioner though. They are the only brand i've seen comparable to the OEM stuff (some is actually a bit better).

I do recommend an OEM water pump / Oil pump if you have to go that far though.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
For OEM style build, either OEM honda or O'Reilly stuff / Felpro. Be sure to use GATES on all hoses / belts / tensioner though. They are the only brand i've seen comparable to the OEM stuff (some is actually a bit better).

I do recommend an OEM water pump / Oil pump if you have to go that far though.
Listen to this man.

he DID not have sex with Monica Lewinski

*inFamous*
01-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Listen to this man.

he DID not have sex with Monica Lewinski

ewww!!! lol

ExpeditiousRacing
01-17-2011, 01:02 AM
What about Victor Reinz? Felpro parts only have a one year warranty; Victor Reinz have a two year warranty. Any one ever use their products? I am mostly asking for the head gasket.

I wish I could afford to do this right, but I am limited to how much I can spend. I don't even have a job right now. That's why I bought the car. I'm hoping it will help me because I won't be limited to walking distance. [/URL][URL="http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Victor-Reinz-Head-Gasket/1990-Honda-Civic-CRX/_/N-igrvaZ8znn3?counter=2&filterByKeyWord=head+gasket&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=128096_0_15296_"]
(http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Victor-Reinz-Head-Gasket/1990-Honda-Civic-CRX/_/N-igrvaZ8znn3?counter=2&filterByKeyWord=head+gasket&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=128096_0_15296_)

Agent Smith
01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
if your worried about a warranty of a head gasket you've got other issues...

personally I think a felpro head gasket is fine, but their valve cover & oil pan gaskets fit like crap on b-series. Can't go wrong with parts from the dealer :) . Napa sells a nice T-belt kit that's very reasonably priced, Gates tbelt, waterpump, tensioner, front main, and cams seals included...