PDA

View Full Version : ok question

tjEG8
01-21-2011, 12:17 PM
A buddy of mine has a h22 he wants to sell me for 250 but it needs rods,pistons,and rings..now my question is how much money am I going to end up spending in order to get it going?.. it sounded like a great deal at first but because I dont know much about the h series market I need someones advice that know what they.are talking about. Figured if its going to be better for me this might be my chance to swap my integra

Agent Smith
01-22-2011, 08:45 PM
your better off buying an hmo gsr, it'd save you money in the long run.

does this deal include a trans and is the long block complete?

tjEG8
01-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Long block is complete and includes a auto tranny

Nachooooosupreme
01-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Dropping an h22 into a teg is gunna costs a lot of money after all said and done. Consider this against a b series...

tjEG8
01-22-2011, 11:13 PM
No I know that but im saying it will be a slow project im not trying to rush it. But also if I have change of heart I could sell the running swap if I rebuilt the bottom end you know?

Agent Smith
01-22-2011, 11:17 PM
no one wants an auto H swap...

rotneg
01-22-2011, 11:24 PM
it will be expensive, most of the time when h's go bad you have to sleeve them. they have frm liners and they can not be bored its so not awesome

tjEG8
01-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Well as I said if I decide to do the swap im not gonna just rush everything..It would be something that I would gradually buy the parts needed..I can grab a 5 spd tranny for pretty cheap..but im just asking how much would it be to buy everything like rods, pistons, and rings that's all I need to know I just want to go oem spec

rotneg
01-23-2011, 01:20 PM
well the problem lies in that, the frm lining is not something that can be duplicated with ease and oem spec on a H with worn cylinders is pretty pointless, depending on where you go to sleeve the block it can cost anywhere from 800-1000 dollars from there you cant use the oem piston because you have steel sleeves, not to mention new forged pistons are about the price of forged so you might has well go high compression those are 450-650 dollars rods vary and sometimes they are for sale so 300-600 dollars, you could use stock rods with arp bolts. all in all if you pay retail for everything its going to be a pretty penny. the biggest H guru i know is scott from collective he owns the shop its in tucson ans he is a vendor on here if you are going to do it yourself or if you want someone to build it i would talk to him either way.

tjEG8
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Cylinder walls perfect still.. its just missing those parts mentioned

ActionMike
02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Why do people get on her and ask "how much will _____ cost?"

Do some research, look up part prices, write them down, then add them up.... Kinda simple.

As im sure your finding out its pretty expensive for what you get out of it. Parts are gonna be harder to find and more expensive.

What are your goals for the car? Is it gonna be your DD or a weekend type thing? Do you want to keep your AC and power steering? Do you want to go to a car show and pop your hood? These are all questions you should ask yourself to pinpoint what you really want to do with your car.

To answer your original question you could look at spending anywhere from 800-1600 easily depending on what brand of parts you want. But also consider the swap will cost another couple hundred depending on what it is you have/need and if your gonna do it yourself or have it done at a shop.

Good luck with the H