PDA

View Full Version : Audio Gurus! I need your opinions!

B16-Integra
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
I am going to be putting new speakers into my EG Hatch, and would like some retrogradations for what to get. I am in search of a clean crisp sound and just want a set of front and back speakers that can deliver that. I dont want a sub, but would like speakers that can provide a little kick too.

Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Jason.AZ1
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
JL is always good

Nachooooosupreme
01-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Boston acoustic makes good speakers

ChrisIsYoung
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
JL if you ballin... MB Quart (i think its spelled like that) for mid priced but still good quality.

civic nerd
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Infinity Kappa series 6.5"s and 6x9's are the clearest speakers ive owned. they put out some bass too. a little pricey tho. $89 for the pair of 6x9's and $105 for the pair of 6.5"s.

the_serg
01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
I have 2 6x9 Jensen in the back of my car and they're pretty badass. Crisp voice and decent bass.

rudsone
01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
boston or memphis for me

MIRANDA88
01-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Infinity kappas for suurreeeee.

gera
01-26-2011, 11:51 PM
i was running infinity's in my hatch sounded crisp

bobbbbbbbbbbo
01-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Josh don't ask azht about speakers, only 3 users know a damn thing.

MB Quart is a great option. Now that they are owned by Maxxsonics (hifonics, crunch, autotek) the prices have gone down but the quality is incredible on the higher end.

DarkTinman
01-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Woah now. I hope i am in that 3 people.

Depends what sound you want and how much power you are trying to run to your speakers. If you want to run just from your stereo no amp, i would recommend some Infinity kappa's. Like someone said above, you can get a really nice set of carbon fiber ones for about 109. Which honestly, is not that much. Also rockford makes some good ones but you would need an amp for those. Even kenwoods are good. Honestly, it just matters what you want. If you want clear and crisp, or if you want just overall loud. Let me know what you want because i might be able to hook you up with some good deals. And i AM knowledgeable in this subject

bobbbbbbbbbbo
01-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Woah now. I hope i am in that 3 people.

Depends what sound you want and how much power you are trying to run to your speakers. If you want to run just from your stereo no amp, i would recommend some Infinity kappa's. Like someone said above, you can get a really nice set of carbon fiber ones for about 109. Which honestly, is not that much. Also rockford makes some good ones but you would need an amp for those. Even kenwoods are good. Honestly, it just matters what you want. If you want clear and crisp, or if you want just overall loud. Let me know what you want because i might be able to hook you up with some good deals. And i AM knowledgeable in this subject

I was just exagerating (sp) the amount of bad knowledge that I see on here, I know there's a decent crowd here with some good experience.

VTECin5th
01-30-2011, 10:05 PM
MB Quart is a great option. Now that they are owned by Maxxsonics (hifonics, crunch, autotek)
+1^
If I had it my way:
MBQ Mids, Older Phoenix Gold Amps, Older Orion subwoofers.

JDMKDM
01-30-2011, 10:09 PM
diamond components. amazing for the price, look on ebay.

auex
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
I was just exagerating (sp) the amount of bad knowledge that I see on here, I know there's a decent crowd here with some good experience.

Lol

i30stmi
02-07-2011, 06:02 PM
I'd even throw in a digital amplifier like this one... http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KTP445/Alpine-KTP-445-Power-Pack.html?tp=115

I like Infinity, but if you have a few extra bucks per pair, go with JL or Hertz Audison. For the rears I might use a speaker made to be used as a subwoofer; JL makes these and they are AWESOME! They're light weight and make a ton of bass for their size. Most of my high end customers with exotics use smaller subs like these.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=92145/1451.0?utm_source=google&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=adwords_pla

There are a ton of great 12 volt audio guys on this forum. I've met a few. I myself am MECP Master and ASE A6 certified. My valid, current certificates are hanging in the garage if you want to see them! The Alpine power pack can be used with any deck with minor modification... and you can usually mount it out of sight behind the glovebox or behind the center dash.

i30stmi
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
+1^
If I had it my way:
MBQ Mids, Older Phoenix Gold Amps, Older Orion subwoofers.

Old Phoenix Gold was the shit! I love listening to Larry Frederick (the former CEO) talk about 12 volt audio. The guy is a GENIUS!

VTECin5th
02-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Old Phoenix Gold was the shit!

Anyone in the world who reads this, ever...

If you should ever have the opportunity to obtain an older Phoenix Gold Amplifier, do it. If it says "250 watts", it is probably 250 RMS watts @ 4 ohms and usually 2 ohm stable with just a little air. At 2ohms, you'd maybe be able to pull 500 RMS from it. They're usually really cheap now, because people don't know what they have. It appears to be a "swapmeet brand" but the quality is incredible and the actual output and low distortion is very very respectable.

Use caution though, as I have seen a PG Clone in Phoenix.

When I was in highschool, we opened an amp up (in Electronics Vocational Class) to see why it wasn't producing sound. It was because it didn't have any real components. It had 2 LED's and a small basic circuit.
It felt like an amp, looked like an amp, smelled like an amp.. but inside was just a circuit.

The circuit design was: "If 12v+ and ground, light up the PROTECT LED" That was it. Kinda funny... and sucked for the owner of the "amp".

i30stmi
02-14-2011, 12:16 AM
New Phoenix Gold stuff isn't good at all. They are owned by the guys at PAC/Peripheral/iSimple... who are known for producing nothing but shit balls with price tags.

I wish the old company had worked out.

99luder
03-29-2011, 09:39 AM
jl is a good woofer.. speaker not so much.. i woudl go infinity. not infinity reference not the kappa series but go infinity kappa gold if u can find a set.. i dont know if they are in production..but if u find a set u will be extremely happy with the speaker. they are very expensive.

480hh
07-04-2011, 11:20 PM
whatever u get buy an amp to run them!

failedabortion
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.audiosavings.com/products/6.5-and-6.75-Car-Speakers/MB-QUART-FSB216-6.5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-FTB169-6x9/FSB216---FTB169.aspx

^^ looks like a good deal for some mb's, I've never ran them but I have installed and tuned a few.

Go with comps up front and 6x9's for fill or a single 10". Don't do both.

Amp them no matter what way you go, going overkill on an amp(s) is suggested especially with the az heat in my opinion. Something that hasn't been discussed in your thread...is your hatch gutted? Exhaust? Sound deadner?

Also have someone tune everything.

Rufus
07-05-2011, 01:05 PM
whatever u get buy an amp to run them!

Jesus, it's a 4 month old post. Why do people shovel this shit back up from the dead?