PDA

View Full Version : Slammer helpers needed!!

S!K TEG
01-30-2011, 11:37 AM
next few weeks i'll be getting paid and i plan on some suspension set-up and tires. i plan on slamming my car, but the problem is how do i slam it without having camber wear on the tires. How would i go about doing that? could i possibly slam it and keep the tires straight/ normal camber?

more info:
i will be also ordering skunk2/ bwr camber kit all around,
koni coilover kit,
energy bushings

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/CleanSleeperDA9/IMG_1604.jpg

JDM Jon
01-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Don't waste your time or money on camber kits man.
As long as you get a good alignment your tires will last a lot longer.
But they are still going to wear on the edges in the long run anyway when you are slammed.

Jason.AZ1
01-30-2011, 12:53 PM
If you do end up with buying a camber kit go with Buddyclub but out of the 2 you listed Skunk2.

Alignment, tire rotation and having tires flipped your tires will last you a long time.

JDMKDM
01-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Dont slam it, it will handle like shit. 3.5 inch drop max will make it low, but not ruin the handling and make it bouncy as fucc.

dannykhaos
01-30-2011, 08:55 PM
3.5 in would "slam" that thing

Dead Bird
01-30-2011, 09:26 PM
how do you not know this...

Dead Bird
01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
here are a couple of my slammers:

http://www.boardgameblitz.info/wp-content/uploads/Pog%20Slammers.jpg

eg2/gsr
01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
But they are still going to wear on the edges in the long run anyway when you are slammed.

well atleast for the front tires right? and the back just flip.

Nachooooosupreme
01-30-2011, 10:03 PM
here are a couple of my slammers:

http://www.boardgameblitz.info/wp-content/uploads/Pog%20Slammers.jpg
^ winner!

S!K TEG
01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
lol, thanks to everyone. i just needed help cuz i had a da9 that was slammed but went threw tires like crazy. i seen all lot of slammed car but not camber wear so i was just woundering how to do it right. thanks to everyone. i'll be dropping my car a tad bit more this weekend hopfully.

Dead Bird
01-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Camber isn't the biggest concern when riding low.

The uneven toe lowering the car gets is what really eats at the tires, which is why most say a camber kit isn't as neccessary as a good alignment.

If you're toe is angled in, the tires are scraping sideways while rolling forward, instead of just rolling, causing the tire to be eaten much much faster. A good alignment to point them perfectly forward will let them roll easily. Yes, the inside will still obviously wear at a greater rate than the outside, seeing as the outside probably won't be touching as much, but it will take a lot longer to wear them down with the toe properly aligned.

Good luck.
:thumbsup:

S!K TEG
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM

The uneven toe lowering the car gets is what really eats at the tires, which is why most say a camber kit isn't as neccessary as a good alignment.

If you're toe is angled in, the tires are scraping sideways while rolling forward, instead of just rolling, causing the tire to be eaten much much faster. A good alignment to point them perfectly forward will let them roll easily. Yes, the inside will still obviously wear at a greater rate than the outside, seeing as the outside probably won't be touching as much, but it will take a lot longer to wear them down with the toe properly aligned.

Good luck.

thanks you very much sir. good thing i know how to do my own alignment.

eg2/gsr
02-02-2011, 06:11 PM
luckyy i wish i could do my own alignment.

Dead Bird
02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
thanks you very much sir. good thing i know how to do my own alignment.

please tell me you don't just eyeball it

EM1 jooowizzzle
02-05-2011, 03:47 PM
if u buy a camber kit ur waisting ur money jus buy a toe kit.. and get an alignment

eg2/gsr
02-06-2011, 09:47 AM
if u buy a camber kit ur waisting ur money jus buy a toe kit.. and get an alignment

noob question. where do i buy the toe kit?

JDM Jon
02-06-2011, 11:17 AM
noob question. where do i buy the toe kit?

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2033&idcategory=289

I always buy off jhp. This was just an example, I'm sure there are many other brands.

eg2/gsr
02-06-2011, 12:26 PM
but i mean for the front. thnx

95ej1
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
bro u do need a camber kit, ive always put camber kits on all my hondas ive lowered and never had tires wearing unevenly. as long as u get it aligned, and rotate ur tires every oil change ull be straight

JDM Jon
02-09-2011, 12:37 AM
You don't need a camber kit, maybe a toe kit if anything, and a good alignment -__-

cbaracing
02-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Good luck.

finally someone else gets it and is spreading the word :you rock:

course the whole camber kit myth has helped me sell lots of them through out the years :biggrin:

Mighty Max
02-09-2011, 01:11 PM

Good luck.

Good posting Mick. :you rock:

Chinky
02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
course the whole camber kit myth has helped me sell lots of them through out the years :biggrin:

:thumbup:

eg2/gsr
02-09-2011, 05:16 PM
bt isnt it better to atleast get the front camber kit? cuz if ur racing ur tires wont get traction since its jst getting the inside of the tires. so wouldnt it make better sense to get it for the front?

JDM Jon
02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Unless you're wheels are crazy crazy cambered in... your tires will still have pretty much full contact with the road.
It won't just be the inside of your tires. And if your rims are that crazy cambered, you wouldn't be racing ;)

hatch520
02-10-2011, 01:37 AM
might consider doing extended top hats to smooth out the ride i know some 1 who makes em
<<<<<<this guy pm me if intrested made to your specs

eg2/gsr
02-10-2011, 11:35 PM
i know i wouldnt b racing untilll i get the front ones atleast. lol well i was jst saying jst incase someone was thinking it you knw. not saying my car is like that.

eg2/gsr
02-10-2011, 11:35 PM
might consider doing extended top hats to smooth out the ride i know some 1 who makes em
<<<<<<this guy pm me if intrested made to your specs

how much? so it will ride better even with stock shocks?

gunsup0331
02-11-2011, 12:29 AM

and what alignment angle causes this? oh, yeah. camber. no shit

on silly ass, tall ass all season tires, on a car that does mostly city driving, a slight amount of neg camber will not produce dramatic tire wear provided all other alignment angles are correct (or even compensating for the camber IE toe-in)

on a car with significant negative camber and sporty, low profile tires YOU WILL HAVE CAMBER WEAR.

fuck u ppl are stupid.

spending $200 on equipment that maintains PROPER alignment angles over the life of the car WILL ABSOLUTELY save you money on tires.

I drove on 35profile tires with a 3" drop for 4 years on my teg and NEVER had uneven tire wear issues....ONLY because of my camber kit. ive worked on hundreds of lowered cars with lower profile tires and camber DOES EAT TIRES.

Hey OP you can also get some longer bolts and several washers to correct camber in the rear without having to buy the actual kit.

gunsup0331
02-11-2011, 12:32 AM
and while its true that excessive toe will cause rapid tire wear, toe-OUT (often caused by excessive lowering) will specifically wear the INSIDE hence exacerbating the "camber wear" leading to the "myth" that is still perfectly factual.

Dead Bird
02-11-2011, 10:26 AM
fuck off

on a lighter note, your front tie rod ends are adjustable in and out for your toe.
You don't need to buy a "front toe kit"

S!K TEG
02-11-2011, 05:13 PM
off coarse eyeballing it, after a few beers it'll be perfect. i know the teachers at metrotech and im just going to use thier machine. and thanks to everyone. now all i need is my sportmaxx

hatch520
02-11-2011, 07:49 PM
how much? so it will ride better even with stock shocks?
yeah im running ebay sleeves ane oem struts 1-3/4 extended up front and 3 in the rear it rides better than my buddys full skunk2 setup no bounce

eg2/gsr
02-12-2011, 11:15 PM
yeah im running ebay sleeves ane oem struts 1-3/4 extended up front and 3 in the rear it rides better than my buddys full skunk2 setup no bounce

wow. dammm i want some. how much.?
that sounds awsome

eg2/gsr
02-15-2011, 01:02 PM
ttt

hondaTARD
02-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Why cut corners on any build considering that a camber kit isnt going to cost you a ton of money?? I drove an EF that was slammed and i went through tires like crazy, with a good alignment. the camber is what got me. More so in the front for certain reasons :)

eg2/gsr
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
yea everyone stop being cheap and jst buy the camber kit. ur tires will love you for it.

boozebag
02-19-2011, 06:25 PM
slamming sounds so ghetto. do you slam vtec in that thing? dont lie!

JDM Jon
02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
slamming sounds so ghetto. do you slam vtec in that thing? dont lie!

Na man he cracks vtec

S!K TEG
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
I ended up with sk2 camber all around, sk2 coils, extended top hats, I did a cambet aligment but I still need toe aligned. Shit drives smooth, other than pot holes. But my camber kit hits the strut tower. Idk wtf thats about but its ok my bay isnt pretty either.btw im slammed and loving it.